March 28, 2024, 05:49:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448621 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #280 on: July 05, 2012, 05:01:40 PM »

CBB....heads up!   Bad thunderstorm with big winds...friend has trees down and crops flattened
due to wind.  Not sure how long this will last.  The weather channel has a red warning running
at the bottom of the screen.

I was just thinking of you, saw on the weather channel just a little bit ago.  My hubby said look, look, They are getting pounded!!!!

We are in Northern Virginia---bad storm last night.  Hard to find a hotel as all are full with people trying to get power back on and fighting fires in the Massanuttan mountain.

Stay safe.  I will be coming back through there this weekend.  Came through yesterday on our way here and ran in a thunderstorm around Brushy mountain near Kingsport, we had to pull off into a church parking lot because you could not see where you were going.  Not good in the mountains.  It was really scary.   

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: July 05, 2012, 08:07:18 PM »

CBB....heads up!   Bad thunderstorm with big winds...friend has trees down and crops flattened
due to wind.  Not sure how long this will last.  The weather channel has a red warning running

Stay safe!

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #282 on: July 05, 2012, 10:27:25 PM »

Check in and let us know you are safe Mere.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #283 on: July 05, 2012, 11:03:49 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR1weirgMTg&feature=related

Make dress from mens shirt

Pretty cool.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
crazybabyborg
« Reply #284 on: July 06, 2012, 04:28:01 AM »

Thanks, Mere! I'm fine, but boy, that was a bad one! How are you?? Hope you are safe and snug! I'm afraid that as long as this heat holds on, we can expect the possibility of these severe storms in the afternoon and evening. Stay safe, hon! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #285 on: July 06, 2012, 04:32:40 AM »

I was just thinking of you, saw on the weather channel just a little bit ago.  My hubby said look, look, They are getting pounded!!!!

We are in Northern Virginia---bad storm last night.  Hard to find a hotel as all are full with people trying to get power back on and fighting fires in the Massanuttan mountain.

Stay safe.  I will be coming back through there this weekend.  Came through yesterday on our way here and ran in a thunderstorm around Brushy mountain near Kingsport, we had to pull off into a church parking lot because you could not see where you were going.  Not good in the mountains.  It was really scary.   

It's getting to be a daily occurrence, Blue Moon. I don't like it and my poor dog just turns to jelly when it storms! You guys drive safely and I look forward to hearing about your adventures!!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #286 on: July 06, 2012, 04:44:48 AM »

Yuuuuuuuuuuk! Just checked the forecast. I need to get KuBear some Vallium.......... and maybe she'll share a few with me too!

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #287 on: July 06, 2012, 06:48:50 AM »

It's getting to be a daily occurrence, Blue Moon. I don't like it and my poor dog just turns to jelly when it storms! You guys drive safely and I look forward to hearing about your adventures!!

Just heard that Townsend was hit pretty bad and two dead.  I am trying to get hold of my brother, he has a trailer down there.

You are right CBB, it is a daily afternoon occurrence.  The head is so bad we cannot really do anything here.  Hard to site see when it is so hot you cannot breath and walk.  We did do a museum yesterday and it was very interesting.  We also saw the "Singing Tower of Bells".  It was a pretty site.  I will post some pics when I get back.

Stay safe.  Hope we hear from Mere soon.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #288 on: July 06, 2012, 01:23:57 PM »

CHECK THIS OUT!

Apparently there's malware that could block internet access for thousands of users on July 9. Read here about the problem:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/05/dnschanger-malware-off-internet-july-9_n_1650700.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000008

You can check to see if your computer is vulnerable and fix the problem here:

http://www.dcwg.org/
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #289 on: July 06, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »

Those Midwest storms came down South, and we got them this morning. Winds have died down, they were about 60 MPH in gusts. Wicked weather we been having all over.

Hoping it doesn't have to do with the 2012 Incan curse, or something.

About the computer virus... what if we stay off the computer on Monday? When we come back to it on Tuesday, would the computer still be working?

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: July 06, 2012, 08:54:08 PM »

CHECK THIS OUT!

Apparently there's malware that could block internet access for thousands of users on July 9. Read here about the problem:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/05/dnschanger-malware-off-internet-july-9_n_1650700.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000008

You can check to see if your computer is vulnerable and fix the problem here:

http://www.dcwg.org/

Thanks for the reminder!  I checked my lappy today...all is well! 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: July 06, 2012, 09:05:55 PM »

Those Midwest storms came down South, and we got them this morning. Winds have died down, they were about 60 MPH in gusts. Wicked weather we been having all over.

About the computer virus... what if we stay off the computer on Monday? When we come back to it on Tuesday, would the computer still be working?

If your computer is infected with the DNSChanger Malware, you may lose your Internet service beginning on Monday.
To check and clean computers before Monday, go to:  http://www.dcwg.org
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #292 on: July 06, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »

Hi there....I should have come back to let you know that I am not still
in the bathroom tub with the quilt and pillow....lol.

Those winds were serious.  They are still looking for a young man
missing on one of the area lakes.  And a death due to a fallen tree.
Will be riding around tomorrow to look at some of the farms.

It was a good way to test a new roof that was just put on.  It held and
there were no leaks.

Blue Moon you sound like you are having an adventure.  Hope your
brother was fine.

CBB.....I was not sure it was going to hold together until it got to you....but
I thought....just in case I would let you know.  It came up very quickly here.

Will check back soon.  Have a good weekend...!     

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: July 06, 2012, 11:26:19 PM »

Good to see you're safe Mere 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: July 06, 2012, 11:32:33 PM »

Whew!  Glad you are safe Mere!  I was worried about you!   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #295 on: July 07, 2012, 12:00:58 AM »

So glad everyone's safe!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: July 07, 2012, 12:27:00 AM »

Thanks for checking in, CBB and Mere.  All of you in the storm's path, please stay safe!

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #297 on: July 07, 2012, 02:32:52 AM »

Mere!!   

So glad you're OK!! I've been checking in every chance I get hoping to see you posted and there you are!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #298 on: July 07, 2012, 02:38:14 AM »

No one has ever accused me of being computer savvy, but according to what I read, it won't save you to just stay off the computer on Monday, Itaryl Moosee. Apparently the attack was blocked temporarily, but the temporary fix will expire on the 9th.
Honestly, wouldn't you think if someone is smart enough to hack something well enough to effect thousands of computers, they'd just go get a high tech job??  Geeez...........   
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #299 on: July 07, 2012, 02:39:03 PM »

CBB, it's human nature.

The internet is such a valuable tool to create and do good, but unfortunately some people always find the way to use it for evil purposes... to satisfy primal needs, to victimize others, to steal, to create havoc.

If these hackers were to use their "tech savviness" to do good, it would be a better world.

I've checked my computer and it's fine, thanks. Phew!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.