March 28, 2024, 09:19:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448642 times)
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: July 07, 2012, 02:53:43 PM »

I gotta mention how terrible the text-n-drive situation is getting.

Two times this past week, I almost got into an accident with someone who was texting at the wheel.

The most worrying part is that after nearly causing a terrible accident, these people get back in their cars, and keep texting/driving.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #301 on: July 07, 2012, 04:38:07 PM »

add

Two times this past week, I almost got into an accident with someone who was texting at the wheel.

The most worrying part is that after nearly causing a terrible accident, these people get back in their cars, and keep texting/driving.

Itarylmoose,

I am glad you are OK.  What can be done about texting drivers?  What is the answer?

They are not going to stop texting, no matter what, it is an addiction. IMO

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: July 07, 2012, 11:24:42 PM »

add

Itarylmoose,

I am glad you are OK.  What can be done about texting drivers?  What is the answer?

They are not going to stop texting, no matter what, it is an addiction. IMO

Thx, Seahorse.

It's an addiction. Their mind is sorta locked inside their tiny phones, and it's like the world around them doesn't exist.

Sort of like the computer addiction I had a few years ago. But, with the computer addiction one stays inside the home and harms nobody, other than gaining some weight and ruining the back.

Something has to be done, just not sure what. The local base gives tickets to people using their cellphone while driving, even if the phones are used for just talking. Not sure if the cities can do that without a congressional act.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #303 on: July 08, 2012, 07:52:41 AM »

Itaryl,

Defense driving is what I will focus on.

I think of people walking, and dogs, and a ninety-year old driver on the road.  A texter is who I will be put on my list of priorities. Thanks for being it to my attention.

If a kid is driving the parents car, and texts, I would think parents could be sued like any minor who gets into an accident.

But, if the minor is texting in his or her car, would the parents be held accountable for their
child texting?  TIA.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: July 08, 2012, 02:00:52 PM »

10:54am

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #305 on: July 08, 2012, 03:23:52 PM »

We are FINALLY getting relief.  I would still take your forecast than mine anyday.

I got an email from my brother and he was on his way down to Townsend, TN where the storms hit the other day.  He did not know how much damage his camper/trailer took.  He is suppose to let me know once he gets back home.

I like your icon Klaas, sneeky, hiding behine a wall!!!!!!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #306 on: July 09, 2012, 10:16:34 PM »

Where's that throwing poo icon, anyway?? 

It's not AS hot, but the humidity is killing me!! I feel like I need to grow gills to breathe!  Nemo Fishing
crazybabyborg
« Reply #307 on: July 09, 2012, 10:26:31 PM »

OK you!! I want you to know that if your temperature should rise a measly 30 degrees (and it could! You never know when the sun will burst a pimple or something over California), that 73% humidity you have would make you really miserable and you'd sweat...... a lot, too!!   
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: July 11, 2012, 02:44:17 AM »

Hi all. I've been missing for a while but back catching up on news/cases/etc... Good to be back in the cage.

While catching up I thought I'd swing over here and ask for advice again about something I already shared about some here.

If you have neighbors harrassing you constantly, you have some evidence of it on video with audio, and after four calls to LE about it the officer says to take it to magistrate court. You call magistrate court and are told there's not really anything you can do but hire a lawyer to sue... you explain that the officer assured that magistrate court would have more ideas on options about what to do but are told, "honey, that's what they all say"... would that make sense to you? It doesn't to me or my husband.

And on the fourth visit out, LE arrested one of them. Turns out the reason they acted so violent every time we would simply cut the grass or open the curtains, getting anywhere near their place for any reason or looking out our back windows was because the woman was hiding out as there was a warrant for her in another county. This time, the fourth time we called for help, this officer had suspicions, asked for id, checked them out and found out about the warrant. He told us they both told him they wouldn't bother us anymore because they plan on moving but they're still there. They've stopped ranting threats and such, but this woman is a hot headed nut case. After finding out their names we did our own digging and found she's got a violent past, he's been in trouble with drugs and is a theif, and both
are repeat offenders for quite some years now. They're renting so not sure why the moving is taking so long. Did some digging on the place they're renting and found out that the past several tenants that have rented there were arrested for anything from meth to even impersonating a police officer!

We've got a security camera on every corner of the place outside and asked for police patrols... but after nearly three months of their behavior, we feel sure she's not finished with us yet and her stupid boyfriend/husband will go along with whatever she wants to do like he always does.

Anyone know what we can do to further protect ourselves from these nuts? I felt sure going to magistrate would have offered us something... like a peace warrant, if they're still called that? Anyone have ideas?

Nora
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #309 on: July 11, 2012, 02:29:41 PM »

Nick and Nora,

I would suggest a Priest.  If I were in your shoes, I would approach a good priest and ask
him to bless both houses and both yards.  He may not be able to walk on to their property,
but he may be able to sprinkle holy water in their direction Smile

I have the Infant of Prague  statue, hiding in a fir tree. 
The Infant of Prague is on guard duty to watch a neighbor, gives me peace of mind.

I found out you alway need a witness. The fruitcake neighbor called the police on me.
I told the policeman, I have a witness, he said, "you do"?  I said, "yes, I do"...
He left and did not return. The fruitcake, came over and apologized, I told her, I told the cop you lied,  she said, she knows, he told her.  You alway's need a witness.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #310 on: July 12, 2012, 08:58:47 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
crazybabyborg
« Reply #311 on: July 12, 2012, 09:33:13 AM »

crazybabyborg
« Reply #312 on: July 12, 2012, 09:43:52 AM »

This just amazes me. I really love my dog, but I don't think she's this smart.

MOSCOW'S WILD DOGS RIDE SUBWAYS TO CITY CENTER IN SEARCH OF FOOD:

Each morning, like clockwork, they board the subway, off to begin their daily routine amidst the hustle and bustle of the city.

But these aren’t just any daily commuters. These are stray dogs who live in the outskirts of Moscow Russia and commute on the underground trains to and from the city centre in search of food scraps.

Then after a hard day scavenging and begging on the streets, they hop back on the train and return to the suburbs where they spend the night.    ::snipping2::

The rest of the article is here:
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/823Lg9/www.thedogfiles.com/2011/03/21/moscow%E2%80%99s-wild-dogs-ride-subways-to-city-center-in-search-of-food/
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: July 12, 2012, 10:37:36 AM »

Monkey Devil!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #314 on: July 12, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »

Do we have any threads on who killed
 Bonny Lee Bakley
I watched
Robert Blake goring  berserk on 'Piers Morgan Tonight'WOW

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: July 12, 2012, 02:29:02 PM »

The Infant of Prague is on guard duty to watch a neighbor, gives me peace of mind.

I found out you alway need a witness. The fruitcake neighbor called the police on me.
I told the policeman, I have a witness, he said, "you do"?  I said, "yes, I do"...
He left and did not return. The fruitcake, came over and apologized, I told her, I told the cop you lied,  she said, she knows, he told her.  You alway's need a witness.

We have been discussing asking our priest to come out and bless our place the past few days... and Father often slings pretty far, he has quite an arm.  It's just quite a distance for Father to have to drive. He'd do it and happily but with gas prices and all... I'm thinking we should offer to drive him out here and back.

I'm going to look for our own Infant of Prague... we have the perfect place for it back there.    That's a good idea. Maybe a Saint Joseph too!

So glad you had a witness! If you lie to police here they'll lock you up, so she was lucky that didn't happen. The first officer that came out to help us said to never have any encounters with them at all and to not even tell them "I'm calling the police." So we've never said a word to them. We have cameras everywhere witnessing everything. Wish we had the funds to do that sooner than we did. The cameras we have not only see all but hear it all too... and it's all recorded around the clock. They complained to the officer about it when they found out we have videos of the stuff they've been doing and that the officer saw it. The officer told them "They have a right to protect their home." You can't hear what they say at their home, just muffled sounds, but when they scream threats and fight like they do... it picks up every word.

A friend gave me a number for legal aid. I'm going to call and see if they can offer any insight. Hopefully it's cheap or even better, free. It seems to me we have enough proof to get some kind of peace warrant or whatever they're called now.
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: July 12, 2012, 02:35:04 PM »

This just amazes me. I really love my dog, but I don't think she's this smart.

MOSCOW'S WILD DOGS RIDE SUBWAYS TO CITY CENTER IN SEARCH OF FOOD:

Dogs are so amazing! Thanks for sharing that CBB.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #317 on: July 12, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »

Hi all. I've been missing for a while but back catching up on news/cases/etc... Good to be back in the cage.

While catching up I thought I'd swing over here and ask for advice again about something I already shared about some here.

If you have neighbors harrassing you constantly, you have some evidence of it on video with audio, and after four calls to LE about it the officer says to take it to magistrate court. You call magistrate court and are told there's not really anything you can do but hire a lawyer to sue... you explain that the officer assured that magistrate court would have more ideas on options about what to do but are told, "honey, that's what they all say"... would that make sense to you? It doesn't to me or my husband.

And on the fourth visit out, LE arrested one of them. Turns out the reason they acted so violent every time we would simply cut the grass or open the curtains, getting anywhere near their place for any reason or looking out our back windows was because the woman was hiding out as there was a warrant for her in another county. This time, the fourth time we called for help, this officer had suspicions, asked for id, checked them out and found out about the warrant. He told us they both told him they wouldn't bother us anymore because they plan on moving but they're still there. They've stopped ranting threats and such, but this woman is a hot headed nut case. After finding out their names we did our own digging and found she's got a violent past, he's been in trouble with drugs and is a theif, and both
are repeat offenders for quite some years now. They're renting so not sure why the moving is taking so long. Did some digging on the place they're renting and found out that the past several tenants that have rented there were arrested for anything from meth to even impersonating a police officer!

We've got a security camera on every corner of the place outside and asked for police patrols... but after nearly three months of their behavior, we feel sure she's not finished with us yet and her stupid boyfriend/husband will go along with whatever she wants to do like he always does.

Anyone know what we can do to further protect ourselves from these nuts? I felt sure going to magistrate would have offered us something... like a peace warrant, if they're still called that? Anyone have ideas?

Nora

I think I would find out who owns the house and start complaining to them.  Possibly it will get some action.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #318 on: July 12, 2012, 03:32:59 PM »

We have been discussing asking our priest to come out and bless our place the past few days... and Father often slings pretty far, he has quite an arm.  It's just quite a distance for Father to have to drive. He'd do it and happily but with gas prices and all... I'm thinking we should offer to drive him out here and back.

I'm going to look for our own Infant of Prague... we have the perfect place for it back there.    That's a good idea. Maybe a Saint Joseph too!

So glad you had a witness! If you lie to police here they'll lock you up, so she was lucky that didn't happen. The first officer that came out to help us said to never have any encounters with them at all and to not even tell them "I'm calling the police." So we've never said a word to them. We have cameras everywhere witnessing everything. Wish we had the funds to do that sooner than we did. The cameras we have not only see all but hear it all too... and it's all recorded around the clock. They complained to the officer about it when they found out we have videos of the stuff they've been doing and that the officer saw it. The officer told them "They have a right to protect their home." You can't hear what they say at their home, just muffled sounds, but when they scream threats and fight like they do... it picks up every word.

A friend gave me a number for legal aid. I'm going to call and see if they can offer any insight. Hopefully it's cheap or even better, free. It seems to me we have enough proof to get some kind of peace warrant or whatever they're called now.

St. Joseph statue sounds good, too. 

The Nuns would have quite a throwing arm, as well 

We never had any criminals from our class.  Sometimes, I wonder if a little fear,
instilled in children is a good thing, no beating up, just a little fear.

You would think anyone would be arrested with messing around with a false report.

My neighbors history is in the records. Your neighbor's history is in the records, too.

A baby monitor may be useful.  I remember on the news, a woman heard a intruder from a baby monitor.  When I see one on a tag sale, I think I will spring for one, myself. 

I guess you could put a Baby monitor outside?  If you want to know what is going on.
You seem to be pretty set with your security system.

Do you have a blessed candle in your house?

I say a three minute prayer with  a quick candle lighting, and it  gives such peace of mind.
I will keep you and your neighbor in mind, when I light the candle Smile

I have stopped getting angry about my neighbor because it was showing on my face.
She is Beastly , and I was begin looking Beastly  So I went with the prayer and candle thing.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: July 12, 2012, 05:19:21 PM »

Do we have any threads on who killed
 Bonny Lee Bakley
I watched
Robert Blake goring  berserk on 'Piers Morgan Tonight'WOW

I created a thread in Unsolved Crimes:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13337.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.