March 28, 2024, 11:58:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448661 times)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #680 on: January 04, 2013, 05:09:11 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KuBear

I agree CBB about the fresh meat......my Squeeky cat is over 23 yrs old and I have always fed him Cooked chicken.  He still has bursts of energy and tears around the house with the kittens.  I leave the electric blanket turned on so he is comfy taking his naps during the day.  We also feed Huggy & Jacko chicken supplemented with just one can of MightyDog between the two......Huggy's a tank but Jacko has kept his Jack Russell bod!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: January 04, 2013, 09:44:33 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: January 04, 2013, 09:47:38 PM »

For the younger daddys 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #683 on: January 04, 2013, 09:50:41 PM »

Awwww.......... God love that little boy and Maggie. She's seventeen, but whenever it's her time, it will be in her warm home with owners who love her. I'm such a sucker for dogs; this story chokes me up.

Speaking of older dogs, today is KuBear's berfday!   

She's doing just fine, despite the stage 3 cancer, and is now 13 years old. Her hearing isn't quite what it used to be and she does climb stairs more slowly, but she remains fiesty and truly happy. She can still jump on my bed each night to take her place at my feet...... always facing the door. She still insists on jumping in the car with me whenever I allow it (and I do, whenever at all possible). She's a living miracle and I'm so very grateful. I've come to believe in feeding a dog fresh meat daily, and I do think the immunity booster pills have been a God send. I never thought, nor did the vets, that she would see this birthday, but she looks and acts younger than she did a couple of years ago. She has one gray whisker and that's it.    Happy Birthday, KuBear!!

Happy Birthday Kubear!   

Thanks for sharing about her CBB, this is awesome news!  So glad she's doing well!  You never gave up on her no matter what...and she knows that. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: January 04, 2013, 09:54:13 PM »

Klaas!   

I'd seen the "younger" one but not the other one...hilarious!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #685 on: January 04, 2013, 10:29:10 PM »

I'm a daddy and I know it....... I work out!  I'm SURE those Daddies work out, all day and every day!! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #686 on: January 04, 2013, 10:42:40 PM »

Thanks for the birthday greetings for KuBear, Muffy, Babs, and texasmom! 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: January 06, 2013, 12:11:25 PM »

Please pray for my Mom.  She appears to be in heart failure due to sleep apnea.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

I have been telling her doctor for over a year and probably more than 2 she has sleep apnea.  This explains all the behavior issues she is having.  No one listened to me.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: January 06, 2013, 12:25:01 PM »

I have been telling her doctor for over a year and probably more than 2 she has sleep apnea.  This explains all the behavior issues she is having.  No one listened to me.

So sorry to read this, Sis!  Saying a prayer right now, and will keep your mom and all of you in my prayers.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: January 06, 2013, 12:28:40 PM »

It crashes my computer.  I wish I could see it.

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: January 06, 2013, 12:29:22 PM »

I'm sorry Bearly.  I'll add your Mom to my prayers. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: January 06, 2013, 12:42:56 PM »

Don't know if this will work any better, but I found it on YouTube too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEiWl_E0QWs

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: January 06, 2013, 01:14:07 PM »

Awwww.......... God love that little boy and Maggie. She's seventeen, but whenever it's her time, it will be in her warm home with owners who love her. I'm such a sucker for dogs; this story chokes me up.

Speaking of older dogs, today is KuBear's berfday!   

She's doing just fine, despite the stage 3 cancer, and is now 13 years old. Her hearing isn't quite what it used to be and she does climb stairs more slowly, but she remains fiesty and truly happy. She can still jump on my bed each night to take her place at my feet...... always facing the door. She still insists on jumping in the car with me whenever I allow it (and I do, whenever at all possible). She's a living miracle and I'm so very grateful. I've come to believe in feeding a dog fresh meat daily, and I do think the immunity booster pills have been a God send. I never thought, nor did the vets, that she would see this birthday, but she looks and acts younger than she did a couple of years ago. She has one gray whisker and that's it.    Happy Birthday, KuBear!!

Oh, Ku-bee Ku-bee Koo, Happy Birthday!  I am sorry I missed it.  Hope it was happy and you have a happy and healthy year!
Woof!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: January 06, 2013, 01:20:32 PM »

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h6lEI5xZ6os" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: January 06, 2013, 01:40:05 PM »

So sorry to read this, Sis!  Saying a prayer right now, and will keep your mom and all of you in my prayers.

Her EKG came out normal, she is getting an echo and some other tests and needs a sleep study.  They are not sure if it is heart or not now or an infection but there is something really wrong.

Thanks for the prayers.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: January 06, 2013, 01:41:28 PM »

Thanks, Muffy!

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: January 06, 2013, 01:47:48 PM »

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #697 on: January 06, 2013, 07:14:46 PM »

I found this article and wanted to share:

http://www.naturalnews.com/038569_paleo_diet_multiple_sclerosis_healing.html

Reverse Multiple Sclerosis by eating the Paleo Diet, increasing vitamin D, and avoiding artificial food additives

Saturday, January 05, 2013 by: Katherine Leonard MS, NC

(NaturalNews) Multiple Sclerosis is a chronic, degenerative disease of the nerves in the brain and spine. The disease causes the body to attack an insulating substance around nerve cells called myelin. When the myelin is damaged, the function of the nerves deteriorate, resulting in muscle weakness, imbalance or loss of coordination, vision loss, and tremors. Research is now showing that the disease can be reversed by adopting a paleolithic diet (primarily meat, veggies, and nuts), optimizing vitamin D levels, and avoiding artificial ingredients, especially aspartame.

It is now understood that environmental factors, especially diet, play a large role in the development of this degenerative disease. The Paleo Diet, consisting of organic, whole foods from grass-fed meats, vegetables, fermented foods, and nuts, is packed with nutrients that protect the nervous and immune systems. The Paleo Diet is high in B vitamins, iodine, and omega-3 fatty acids (animal based EPA and DHA) that support mitochondrial function and myelin growth and repair.

::snipping2::

I encourage everyone to have their Vit D levels monitored especially if they have any type of auto immune disease, ask for Vit D hydroxy level testing, simple blood test.

Def in Vit D can also affect Thyroid.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003569.htm

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #698 on: January 06, 2013, 07:19:14 PM »

Thanks, Muffy!

an angelic monkey

Thinking of you Bearly and praying for your mom. Hugs.

an angelic monkey

OS

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #699 on: January 06, 2013, 07:58:26 PM »

There is a little known illness called Transverse Myelitis, an inflammation of the spinal cord. It can strike without any warning or it can be caused by 20 different things, including Flu shots, cat bites, MS. It has stricken all ages, children to adults, men women.

It happened to my dau March 26th 2011, she got up, made her bed was watching the news on TV, got a pain in her neck, the pain spread across her shoulder (she said it felt like a snake wrapped in the muscles) down her arms, then on down to her toes, within 1/2 hr she was paralyzed from neck down, the inflammation hit between C4 & C7.

She had the only treatments available, IV Steriods for 5 days, Iv IgG (iirc) for 3 days, then was transferred to Balto for Rehab. After 6 weeks she came home. Later this month they plan to put in a Baclofen pump.

For most, Drs never find out what caused it, as in Sherie's case, they tested her for everything and No known cause was the result. It just happened.

Many medical staff in Er's have never heard of it, as in Sherie's case, they had no idea what was wrong with her, thankfully we have a Neuro who saw her after 8 hrs, suspected TM, got on the internet, researched and  started the Steriod treatment. He remained in contact with John's Hopkins for her treatment until she was transferred

I am trying to spread awareness for this terrible condition, it is awful.

Al Unser's grandaughter Cody was stricken with it early in life. Cody has a foundation: http://www.cufsf.org/Codys_Story.aspx

FB has many photos of Victims of TM several albums.

https://www.facebook.com/TransverseMyelitis

https://www.facebook.com/TransverseMyelitis/photos_stream

For some, they regain use and for some they don't.

John's Hopkins: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/neurology_neurosurgery/specialty_areas/transverse_myelitis/about-tm/

Thank you,

OS

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.