March 19, 2024, 01:08:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448297 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #760 on: January 28, 2013, 09:27:31 AM »

roflmao  

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o443b2rfFnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can you see this?  Or can you only see it if you have facebook?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4700990876243&set=vb.1038301025&type=2&theater

You can see it if you are logged into facebook.  I can see it!  LOLOL.  I love how all these kids get the hand movements, LOL 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: January 28, 2013, 09:37:51 AM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #762 on: January 28, 2013, 01:13:50 PM »

New toy!!      Beep!  Beep!  I'm a jeep!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #763 on: January 28, 2013, 07:01:13 PM »

roflmao 

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o443b2rfFnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How cute.   

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #764 on: January 29, 2013, 11:17:25 PM »

Good Morning....and Hi to everyone.....want Blue Moon and CBB to know that we are under
and "ice storm warning" which I know you know unless you are still asleep.     Do be careful as I hear sirens every so often....heading toward I-75. 

I certainly have learned to live in and enjoy all four seasons.....although I thought we might
miss this winter.  Will be moving south sometime this year....more like one and a half seasons, but will be close to family.

Hugs....

Hi Mere.  We have about a .25" of pure ice.  It is starting to pass us, you should see it real soon.  We are under an ice storm warning until about 1pm today.  Ice is hanging off the tree branches this morning.  They had to close I-65 just 30 miles north of us and also the Natcher Parkway just down the road from me, they said both lanes were covered with wrecked vehicles.  I know they put down salt brine yesterday on the interstate and also the main roads here but it didn't help the interstates.  Be careful today.  At least by next Tuesday we should be having thunderstorms and temps in the 60's.  You just never know what the weather will be from day to day.

Mere, I hate to hear you are leaving our great state but don't blame you if it puts you near your family.

Told you Mere, it's Tuesday, today the high was about 70*, and we are under a tornado watch until 4:00am.  Guess I will spend the next few hours waiting for this.  I really really hate storms when it is dark outside.  It is very hard to sleep knowing bad storms are lurking outside.

Today is my anniversary-36 years.  Wow, that's a long long time.

I am in my 11th week without a cigarette.  It is just amazing.  Quitting smoking has caused weight gain.  I am trying to walk it off every day but I can see it will be a long, slow process.  I hear the new health care law will penalize you for smoking and charge you at least $5000 more a year for your insurance.  They are also saying they will penalize you for being fat! Hell, I can't win for losing.  I quit smoking and I think I beat the system.  Now I am gaining weight from quitting smoking and I find out I will get penalized for that also.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #765 on: January 30, 2013, 09:10:44 AM »

I always used the excuse that I'd gain too much weight if I quit smoking UNTIL respiratory failure nearly killed me    Yes, I did gain weight after quitting but I slowly but surely took it off.  Took about 3 years after quitting to get back to where I should be. 
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #766 on: January 30, 2013, 09:57:49 AM »

I always used the excuse that I'd gain too much weight if I quit smoking UNTIL respiratory failure nearly killed me    Yes, I did gain weight after quitting but I slowly but surely took it off.  Took about 3 years after quitting to get back to where I should be. 

Yeah, I know you are right.  I quit because they found a spot on my lung.  Turns out it is what they call a "granuloma" and it is very common to people in the Ohio Valley area of the country.  It is caused by the soil and birds.  But I always said it would take a life-threatening scare for me to quit smoking.  3 years is a long time to get the weight under control.  I am walking at least a mile a day and trying to watch what I eat but eating is a hard thing to cut down on.  I guess the craving for a cigarette is being replaced with food.  Oh well, I still am very glad I quit.  It is something I never thought I would do.  I conquered that so I guess I will have to find a way to conquer the weight gain also.

Hope others in the path of this storm are o.k. today.  I was up this morning at 1:30am until 4:00am.  It was extremely rough.  Appears to have had tornadoes all around us or just straight-line winds with speeds up to 70mph.  The temperature during the storms this morning was 72*.  That is just unheard of unless it is in the middle of summer.   

crazybabyborg
« Reply #767 on: January 31, 2013, 01:27:35 PM »

Between the weight gain and living without cigarettes, Blue Moon, you made the right decision! 

If we could all move like those twins, we wouldn't have to worry about weight......     
crazybabyborg
« Reply #768 on: January 31, 2013, 01:29:02 PM »

LOVE the jeep! Vaaaaarrrrrrrrooooooooom!!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #769 on: January 31, 2013, 05:04:36 PM »

OMG I need to reverse it, LOL 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #770 on: January 31, 2013, 05:15:02 PM »

THERE - that's better...now it's not driving backwards!   

::jeep2:: ::jeep2:: ::jeep2:: ::jeep2::
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #771 on: January 31, 2013, 07:33:05 PM »

::MonkeyHaHa::Boy am I getting slow it took be a little bit to catch on the jeep was backing up.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #772 on: January 31, 2013, 09:21:03 PM »

I've always loved these commercial's and this one is sooooooo sweet! 

http://youtu.be/o2prAccclXs

2013 Budweiser Super Bowl Ad — The Clydesdales: "Brotherhood"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/o2prAccclXs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/o2prAccclXs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #773 on: January 31, 2013, 09:55:31 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/o2prAccclXs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/o2prAccclXs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

How sweet   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #774 on: February 01, 2013, 01:04:39 PM »

OMG, TM! I just came here to post that video! 

Maybe it's because it's Friday of a long week and I'm really tired, but I cried....... not just a few tears, but boo-hooey cried! That one got me right through the heart!

Thanks for fixing the jeep, Klaas! I was gonna ask you if you could add that "beep, beep, beep" back up, warning sound to it!   
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #775 on: February 01, 2013, 09:09:06 PM »

I just love this.  The clydesdales are such graceful animals.  I was raised with horses.  We always had our dogs but we also always had horses also.  They were our pets that we rode, fed and took care of until---------------My father traded it for another horse.  I could never understand why he always traded horses and what he got out of it.  All we knew was there goes another pet!  My father would tell us we were ruining a perfect horse and we made it hard on him to show the horse in horseshows.

I do believe this is the best Budweiser commercial I have seen yet!   

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #776 on: February 02, 2013, 07:54:16 AM »

I absolutely love this commercial.....have watched it over and over....
Thanks for bringing it here....

Blue Moon and CBB......22 and real snow flakes...!!!  This will be my last winter, so I am hoping for enough snow to take pictures.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #777 on: February 02, 2013, 11:16:27 AM »

OMG, TM! I just came here to post that video! 

Maybe it's because it's Friday of a long week and I'm really tired, but I cried....... not just a few tears, but boo-hooey cried! That one got me right through the heart!

Thanks for fixing the jeep, Klaas! I was gonna ask you if you could add that "beep, beep, beep" back up, warning sound to it!   

I was right there with you CBB!   

Still tear up every time I watch it! 

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #778 on: February 02, 2013, 11:33:36 AM »

I just love this.  The clydesdales are such graceful animals.  I was raised with horses.  We always had our dogs but we also always had horses also.  They were our pets that we rode, fed and took care of until---------------My father traded it for another horse.  I could never understand why he always traded horses and what he got out of it.  All we knew was there goes another pet!  My father would tell us we were ruining a perfect horse and we made it hard on him to show the horse in horseshows.

I do believe this is the best Budweiser commercial I have seen yet!   

I agree BlueMoon, best one yet!   

One of the reasons it hit me in the heart is that my youngest still has his horses here, and his dog...his pets that we take care of since he moved out during college; and now he may be moving even further away for law school.  He comes over and rolls the hay in for them sometimes, but just doesn't take time with them to ride much right now and I know how much they must miss him!

His JR still just goes crazy when she sees him, she can hear his truck before anyone and I can always tell by her reaction that HE'S here!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #779 on: February 02, 2013, 11:38:21 AM »

I absolutely love this commercial.....have watched it over and over....
Thanks for bringing it here....

Blue Moon and CBB......22 and real snow flakes...!!!  This will be my last winter, so I am hoping for enough snow to take pictures.

YW Mere!   

I've watched it over and over too!   

I think we're supposed to get up to about 70 today, I'm ready for some sun!   

Hope you get enough snow for those pictures!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.