March 28, 2024, 11:56:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448660 times)
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: February 02, 2013, 12:12:53 PM »

Thanks Texasmom....more snow....and more snow....and more to come....lol.  The camera is
out and ready.

Since my southern kids are having 70 for a high, maybe we will be having same weather soon.
I have enjoyed living where there are four seasons.  I actually have a winter and a summer closet for clothes....even winter and summer socks...!!!

Very strange winter though....it has been single digits to 70s....but this is really the first snow.
Although we could go ice skating on the deck during the short ice storm we had.

You just have to love life....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #781 on: February 02, 2013, 12:26:45 PM »

Thanks Texasmom....more snow....and more snow....and more to come....lol.  The camera is
out and ready.

Since my southern kids are having 70 for a high, maybe we will be having same weather soon.
I have enjoyed living where there are four seasons.  I actually have a winter and a summer closet for clothes....even winter and summer socks...!!!

Very strange winter though....it has been single digits to 70s....but this is really the first snow.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #782 on: February 02, 2013, 12:42:00 PM »

out and ready.

Mere you are getting more snow than us.  The weather has been crazy here too.  First it is warm and then last week it was in the teens.  When I say warm I mean 50's and that's very comfortable for us New Yorkers    The other night we had high winds and a lot of rain.  If it was a bit  colder we would have been buried in snow.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #783 on: February 02, 2013, 01:38:31 PM »

I absolutely love this commercial.....have watched it over and over....
Thanks for bringing it here....

Blue Moon and CBB......22 and real snow flakes...!!!  This will be my last winter, so I am hoping for enough snow to take pictures.

Love you, Mere!  

I'm watching the snow right now, through the window behind my computer. It's a little prettier because I'm thinking of you enjoying it with me.  
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:23:48 PM by CBB » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #784 on: February 02, 2013, 02:51:43 PM »

After the tears that came with the first one, I just had to share this older one, too! 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NuZ2POqYRys?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/NuZ2POqYRys?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #785 on: February 02, 2013, 03:50:36 PM »

After the tears that came with the first one, I just had to share this older one, too! 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NuZ2POqYRys?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/NuZ2POqYRys?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

I remember this one.  But I really love the other one better.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: February 02, 2013, 03:57:15 PM »

I've always loved these commercial's and this one is sooooooo sweet! 

http://youtu.be/o2prAccclXs

2013 Budweiser Super Bowl Ad — The Clydesdales: "Brotherhood"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/o2prAccclXs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/o2prAccclXs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

I just love this.  The clydesdales are such graceful animals.  I was raised with horses.  We always had our dogs but we also always had horses also.  They were our pets that we rode, fed and took care of until---------------My father traded it for another horse.  I could never understand why he always traded horses and what he got out of it.  All we knew was there goes another pet!  My father would tell us we were ruining a perfect horse and we made it hard on him to show the horse in horseshows.

I do believe this is the best Budweiser commercial I have seen yet!   

I agree BlueMoon, best one yet!   

One of the reasons it hit me in the heart is that my youngest still has his horses here, and his dog...his pets that we take care of since he moved out during college; and now he may be moving even further away for law school.  He comes over and rolls the hay in for them sometimes, but just doesn't take time with them to ride much right now and I know how much they must miss him!

His JR still just goes crazy when she sees him, she can hear his truck before anyone and I can always tell by her reaction that HE'S here!

You can get as attached to horses as you can a dog or cat.  We grew up with dogs but we always had horses.  My father always tried to keep a pony around for us younger kids to ride.  We did ride the ponies but the big horses were where it was at.  He trained the horses for the local horse shows here and the surrounding counties.  Once we had got hold of the big horses and rode them and had taken care of them (spoiled them) he would have to trade them and start over training a new horse because he said we ruined it.  We loved the horse shows.  The horses were so beautiful.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: February 02, 2013, 04:00:42 PM »

I absolutely love this commercial.....have watched it over and over....
Thanks for bringing it here....

Blue Moon and CBB......22 and real snow flakes...!!!  This will be my last winter, so I am hoping for enough snow to take pictures.

Hey Mere, I do believe you and CBB will be getting the snow this time and not us.  IF we get any at all it is only suppose to be around 1/2". I have family in northeastern part of the state and they are suppose to get quite a bit (6" or better).

I hope you get to see snow again before you leave Kentucky.  I am glad you will be near your family but I do believe you will really miss Kentucky and the area you live in.  It is beautiful over there.

Post pictures if you get snow!!!!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: February 02, 2013, 04:18:30 PM »

I've always loved these commercial's and this one is sooooooo sweet! 

http://youtu.be/o2prAccclXs

2013 Budweiser Super Bowl Ad — The Clydesdales: "Brotherhood"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/o2prAccclXs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/o2prAccclXs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

I just love this.  The clydesdales are such graceful animals.  I was raised with horses.  We always had our dogs but we also always had horses also.  They were our pets that we rode, fed and took care of until---------------My father traded it for another horse.  I could never understand why he always traded horses and what he got out of it.  All we knew was there goes another pet!  My father would tell us we were ruining a perfect horse and we made it hard on him to show the horse in horseshows.

I do believe this is the best Budweiser commercial I have seen yet!   

I agree BlueMoon, best one yet!   

One of the reasons it hit me in the heart is that my youngest still has his horses here, and his dog...his pets that we take care of since he moved out during college; and now he may be moving even further away for law school.  He comes over and rolls the hay in for them sometimes, but just doesn't take time with them to ride much right now and I know how much they must miss him!

His JR still just goes crazy when she sees him, she can hear his truck before anyone and I can always tell by her reaction that HE'S here!

You can get as attached to horses as you can a dog or cat.  We grew up with dogs but we always had horses.  My father always tried to keep a pony around for us younger kids to ride.  We did ride the ponies but the big horses were where it was at.  He trained the horses for the local horse shows here and the surrounding counties.  Once we had got hold of the big horses and rode them and had taken care of them (spoiled them) he would have to trade them and start over training a new horse because he said we ruined it.  We loved the horse shows.  The horses were so beautiful.

I know that's true.  DH has mentioned selling the horses a few times, especially when hay prices were ridiculous during the drought...I told him no way!  Even though I'm not the one that rides them I love them, and couldn't even imagine selling them. 

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #789 on: February 02, 2013, 04:19:19 PM »

Awww, I like that one too!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: February 02, 2013, 04:20:46 PM »

Too cute!   

Rawforbeauty
Advanced Pineapple Monkey Tree ♥
www.rawforbeauty.com

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: February 02, 2013, 05:29:27 PM »

Just so ya know......

the Clydesdale commercial has 2,690,425 views in 2 days.....is that possible??  Of course I did send it to all of the family....lol.

Good to see you San....and everyone.

Hate to say but the temperature came up and I see as much green grass as snow...but tonight is snow and more snow and more snow.....so maybe a picture tomorrow....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #792 on: February 02, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »

Not me, Mere! I'm looking at a minimum of 3 inches and its still coming down hard! I've got a little more salt and I'm heading to the driveway before it's too dark!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #793 on: February 05, 2013, 08:47:45 AM »

Here's the address to send "Ethan" a card for his sixth birthday!    

http://www.wsfa.com/story/20960766/fbi-agent-child-in-midland-city-hostage-standoff-now-laughing-joking-and-eating?page=2&N=L
FBI agent: Child in Midland City hostage standoff now "laughing, joking and eating"
Posted February 4,2013  Updated February 5, 2013

::snipping2::
HOSTAGE'S SIXTH BIRTHDAY

The child hostage, identified only as "Ethan", will turn 6-years-old this week, and everyone is being asked to send him a birthday card. Those cards can be mailed to:

NFPD c/o Lt. McDaniel
400 Headquarters Street
Napier Field, AL. 36303
You can also drop off cards at the Napier Field town hall. Be sure to sign the card with your name, town and state if you are planning to send one.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #794 on: February 05, 2013, 10:47:33 AM »

Thanks, Muffy! I'm so glad he's out and lives to get the emotional help he will surely need. Not many 5 year old's witness 2 killings in a week and are forced to undergo all he's been through.   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #795 on: February 05, 2013, 10:53:53 AM »

Thanks, Muffy! I'm so glad he's out and lives to get the emotional help he will surely need. Not many 5 year old's witness 2 killings in a week and are forced to undergo all he's been through.   

You're so welcome CBB.  Poor little guy.  I hope he has the best birthday ever!! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #796 on: February 05, 2013, 08:29:48 PM »

Don't miss tonight's Dana Pretzer Show at 9pm ET!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #797 on: February 06, 2013, 10:23:31 AM »

roflmao  

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o443b2rfFnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can you see this?  Or can you only see it if you have facebook?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4700990876243&set=vb.1038301025&type=2&theater

You can see it if you are logged into facebook.  I can see it!  LOLOL.  I love how all these kids get the hand movements, LOL 

This is my new favorite:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sjd2wFWDubc?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/sjd2wFWDubc?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #798 on: February 06, 2013, 10:25:37 AM »

Woohoo!  A Nut emoticon!

::jeep2::

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #799 on: February 06, 2013, 10:29:11 AM »

Good Morning....and Hi to everyone.....want Blue Moon and CBB to know that we are under
and "ice storm warning" which I know you know unless you are still asleep.     Do be careful as I hear sirens every so often....heading toward I-75. 

I certainly have learned to live in and enjoy all four seasons.....although I thought we might
miss this winter.  Will be moving south sometime this year....more like one and a half seasons, but will be close to family.

Hugs....

Hi Mere.  We have about a .25" of pure ice.  It is starting to pass us, you should see it real soon.  We are under an ice storm warning until about 1pm today.  Ice is hanging off the tree branches this morning.  They had to close I-65 just 30 miles north of us and also the Natcher Parkway just down the road from me, they said both lanes were covered with wrecked vehicles.  I know they put down salt brine yesterday on the interstate and also the main roads here but it didn't help the interstates.  Be careful today.  At least by next Tuesday we should be having thunderstorms and temps in the 60's.  You just never know what the weather will be from day to day.

Mere, I hate to hear you are leaving our great state but don't blame you if it puts you near your family.

Told you Mere, it's Tuesday, today the high was about 70*, and we are under a tornado watch until 4:00am.  Guess I will spend the next few hours waiting for this.  I really really hate storms when it is dark outside.  It is very hard to sleep knowing bad storms are lurking outside.

Today is my anniversary-36 years.  Wow, that's a long long time.

I am in my 11th week without a cigarette.  It is just amazing.  Quitting smoking has caused weight gain.  I am trying to walk it off every day but I can see it will be a long, slow process.  I hear the new health care law will penalize you for smoking and charge you at least $5000 more a year for your insurance.  They are also saying they will penalize you for being fat! Hell, I can't win for losing.  I quit smoking and I think I beat the system.  Now I am gaining weight from quitting smoking and I find out I will get penalized for that also.

Amazing job on tossing the butts, Blue Moon.  I am not sure about the new law, but I would do what makes you feel better until the time comes when we do know about the new law and then do whatever makes you feel better (yes, I know I said the same thing).

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.