March 28, 2024, 03:13:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448611 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #840 on: March 02, 2013, 10:49:45 AM »

Here are some pictures taken on the Cherahala Skyway in North Carolina and Tennessee.

There was some snow on the top of the mountain (we were, at the top of the mountain, at 5500 feet.  It was so high that the clouds covered everything with ice.  It was beautiful.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #841 on: March 02, 2013, 10:51:53 AM »

This is one of the landslides that occurred in the mountains a few weeks back when we had all the rain:

The road is down to one lane.  It makes you wonder when the rest of the roadway will slide down the mountain.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #842 on: March 02, 2013, 03:47:09 PM »

Beautiful pictures, Blue Moon! Thanks for sharing them! 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #843 on: March 03, 2013, 04:43:17 PM »

2 1/2 years old and ready to get her Easter photos taken  an angelic monkey  She's big for 2 1/2 

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #844 on: March 03, 2013, 08:33:59 PM »

Oh, wow, she is so pretty and has grown up so fast.  She is a cutie for sure.  Aren't you so proud of her?

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: March 03, 2013, 09:23:43 PM »

2 1/2 years old and ready to get her Easter photos taken  an angelic monkey  She's big for 2 1/2 

It seems like just yesterday we were looking at her baby pictures!  Thank you for sharing, Klaas.  She looks so sweet! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #846 on: March 04, 2013, 11:00:15 AM »

WOW

What a cutie pie <3

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #847 on: March 04, 2013, 08:26:40 PM »

I can't believe she is already 2 1/2. Where has the time gone? What a darling. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #848 on: March 05, 2013, 12:27:47 AM »

OMG, Klaas! When did she get so grown up!? She's a doll and looks "all girl"! Love the shoes!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #849 on: March 05, 2013, 02:42:27 AM »

Wow, she's growing so fast!  She's precious, Klaas!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #850 on: March 05, 2013, 02:43:51 AM »

Beautiful pictures Blue Moon!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #851 on: March 05, 2013, 09:06:44 AM »

She is a "ham" and very photogenic.  Smart as a whip and very tall for her age but barely talks.  I've only heard her say one word.."up" that's it.  I imagine one of these days she'll surprise us and and wake up reciting Shakespeare 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #852 on: March 05, 2013, 02:15:53 PM »

She is a "ham" and very photogenic.  Smart as a whip and very tall for her age but barely talks.  I've only heard her say one word.."up" that's it.  I imagine one of these days she'll surprise us and and wake up reciting Shakespeare 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: March 06, 2013, 12:10:17 PM »

Thanks for all the pictures....!

Blue Moon I am waving to you from the Interstate....lol....overcast day.  Think there may be some snow at home.

Klaas, she is a precious child.  Surely grew up fast.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #854 on: March 06, 2013, 11:45:29 PM »

Thanks for all the pictures....!

Blue Moon I am waving to you from the Interstate....lol....overcast day.  Think there may be some snow at home.

Klaas, she is a precious child.  Surely grew up fast.

I thought of you when we got of the Interstate.  We always stop and fill up gas at the station right off the interstate that has a McDonald's attached to it.  I have to have my coke from there to get me home!  You would have loved the Cherahala Skyway.  It was not suppose to be as bad as the "Tale of the Dragon" but it was almost as bad.  I got car sick winding around those corners.  We had to drive around to North Carolina by I40 because the land slide at Newfound Gap closed the road.  It was at least 100 miles out of the way.  The winding mountainous roads got to me about half way there.  Once we were on the skyway it just got worse.  We were at 5500 ft. up the mountain when we came upon the slide area and that small portion really scared me.  It was down to one lane but you had to wonder if the rest of the road would give way.  Then we came upon a bridge built between two mountain peaks and I got really dizzy crossing that.  I have bad fears of heights and this skyway was not the best place for someone like me to be.  You need to see these things before you leave this part of the country.  You will miss those mountains!

We rain into snow at Jellico mountain coming home.  One side of the mountain had snow, the other side didn't.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #855 on: March 07, 2013, 09:26:29 AM »

Cool Pictures Blue Moon. That reminds me of when hubs & I were driving the back roads in Utah. Almost all roads in Utah are back roads. We were going to help brother move and it was winter time snow all over. The road turned east and went up a hill and wham all the trees were cover in ice like our picture. It was really pretty. But I didn't think about taking a picture.    I was more like are we there yet. I felt we had been driving for ever. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: March 07, 2013, 09:29:05 AM »

Blue Moon.....I have been here for over an hour looking at the Cherahala Skyway.  Wow...not a great place for someone who gets carsick or is afraid of heights.  Then I started thinking of the first time I drove the Blue Ridge Parkway.  I was with friends who were also from the flatlands of Louisiana, and one person got sort of hysterical at the heights.  In the earlier days, parts of the parkway did not have
anything to stop you from flying off the edge...lol....and this girl sat on the floor of the back of the car and was shaking from fear.  No one knew what to do.  We drove up to Little Switzerland and, although the plan was to stay the night there, she would not get out of the car.

Since that time I have driven almost all of the States.  My kids lived in Colorado for some time, and I have grown to love the mountains.  It will be difficult to settle back on flat land again....but I am a gypsy and still love car trips.

This is the link I was looking at for the Parkway....
http://www.visitnc.com/journeys/articles/blue-ridge

And I know the very gas station, by the way....I enjoy eating nearby.  Thanks for the info on your trip.
It looks breathtaking....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #857 on: March 07, 2013, 05:20:20 PM »

WOW

What a cutie pie <3

A sweetie-pie:)

Did she have a little stuffed bunny, last year? 

Thank-you, for sharing the joy with us Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #858 on: March 07, 2013, 05:27:35 PM »

Morning Monkeys

Had a very sad night My grand daughter and daughter had to have granddaughters fur baby put down last night.  To make a long story short he had to have emergency surgery. When the vet got him open there was so much damage to his intestines they couldn't do any thing to help. They are broken hearted Am asking for some monkey prayers to help them get thru this difficult time. My heart hurts for them.   an angelic monkey

I'm so sorry Green Eyes!

Prayers and (((HUGS)))

Thank You texasmom.   an angelic monkey

Green Eyes, I will say a prayer for relief from that Vacancy.  an angelic monkey

Thank You  so much seahorse an angelic monkey They are doing better.

Greeneyes,

Glad to hear they are doing better.

I put some dry dog food, out for the birds...a cat, was eating it.

I also dampened, some of my dog treats, and put them out for the birds.

It will be snowy for the next couple days.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: March 07, 2013, 06:29:12 PM »

Seahorse, if you can give the birds water, that would help them so much.  I don't have a fancy deicer or heated bird baths, but I do go out even if it's icy or snows and put water out again.  The article below is from a pond supply company, but it has some basic information. 

http://www.ponddoc.com/WhatsUpDoc/WildBirds/WBirdWinterNecessity.htm
Wild Birds #1 Winter Necessity — Water
 ::snipping2::
A wild bird uses water for drinking and maintaining his feathers. During winter it’s even more important that he has water to bathe in. His feathers must be maintained in prime condition to keep him warm, otherwise his body will be poorly insulated and he will suffer from wasted energy.

It’s sad to watch a wild bird eating snow as a source for water during winter when one know the facts. A wild bird uses twelve times more of his energy to melt snow and ice than to bring it up to body temperature from the freezing point.

A shallow stream that stays running during freezes is a god-send to a wild bird and other wild creatures. Void of the luxury of an unfrozen stream one should keep a bird bath free of ice during winter at all times. A cement bird bath that cracks if it freezes needn’t be sacrificed. An overturned trash can lid will work and so will catch basins to large plastic planters. ::snipping2::

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.