March 28, 2024, 10:55:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448655 times)
CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #860 on: March 09, 2013, 04:51:25 PM »

Hello everyone.  I am looking for a thread for Jennifer Ramsaran.  She would be in the missing found deceased category if she there is one.  Her husband is not a POI or suspect but he was the last one to see her and has had some suspicious statements, actions, etc.  There is some stuff heating up w a person from a missing persons organization siding with him and not being objective at this time.  Anyway, I wondered if there is a thread here, if there is I cannot find it. 

She went missing December 11, her van and phone were found, phone was found by her husband incidentally, but her body was not found until a week to ten days ago.  Naked and in a snowbank but they haven't released a cause of death or ruled it a homicide.

Thanks for any help you can give me.  I think it definitely needs to be sleuthed.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #861 on: March 09, 2013, 05:17:21 PM »

Hello everyone.  I am looking for a thread for Jennifer Ramsaran.  She would be in the missing found deceased category if she there is one.  Her husband is not a POI or suspect but he was the last one to see her and has had some suspicious statements, actions, etc.  There is some stuff heating up w a person from a missing persons organization siding with him and not being objective at this time.  Anyway, I wondered if there is a thread here, if there is I cannot find it. 

She went missing December 11, her van and phone were found, phone was found by her husband incidentally, but her body was not found until a week to ten days ago.  Naked and in a snowbank but they haven't released a cause of death or ruled it a homicide.

Thanks for any help you can give me.  I think it definitely needs to be sleuthed.

CarolynV
- We didn't have a thread on it so I started one in Missing Found Deceased, thanks  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14132.new#new
CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #862 on: March 10, 2013, 04:12:45 AM »

Thank you.  I left you guys a lot of food for thought.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: March 10, 2013, 09:56:14 AM »

Good morning!   sunny

Did everyone set their clocks one hour forward? 

We had some heavy storms in my area last night.    It was good to see the light of day!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #864 on: March 11, 2013, 02:15:56 AM »

I set my clock, Muffy, but I don't like the new time!! 

I relate to your relief to see daylight after a night of storms! Today was really warm and the daffodils are coming out. I couldn't help but think of the Spring storms from a couple of years ago as I was taking in the sunshine. Maybe it's age, but I'm really afraid of them now! I used to think the mountains pretty much protected us from most bad weather related things, but there was way too much damage done to count on that anymore! Glad you made it through the night safe and sound, Miss Bee!

Hope everyone had a great week-end!! 
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: March 11, 2013, 09:12:17 AM »

I am with you CBB, I hate this changing the clocks back and forth.  I don't sleep as good as I should and this time of the year makes it worse.  Also agree about the storms.  They are different now then back in "the day" of growing up.  I guess I never thought we could have tornadoes around here but the past several years have changed my mind on that.

Mere, I know you will miss the mountains.  They are just magnificent!  I have always loved them.  Guess I take after my mother.  How odd it was when I started my genealogy research to find my family in the Shenandoah mountains of Virginia and to have found them again in the Great Smoky mountains.  My husband is a "beach" person, I am a "mountain" person.  We compromise by doing the ocean in the summer months and doing the mountains in the spring and fall months.

Muffy, hope you survived the storms.  Storms used to not bother me too much but I guess as I get older they really scare me more.  Springtime storms are the worst and we have that to look forward to until at least the end of May.

Hope all have a great week!  I am off to the mall to do some walking.  Weight problems still bad.  I know everyone says it will level off at some point, Just how long does it take to level off?  Oh well, 4 months smoke free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope it was worth it!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: March 11, 2013, 01:20:25 PM »

Missing you!  an angelic monkey  Rest in peace.   an angelic monkey

Please light a candle and say a prayer for Rose Anne aka 2NJ_SonsMom.  She passed on March 11, 2011. 
Link to candles:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=2NJ

Link to her memorial thread:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9480.0

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #867 on: March 11, 2013, 05:26:44 PM »

Seahorse, if you can give the birds water, that would help them so much.  I don't have a fancy deicer or heated bird baths, but I do go out even if it's icy or snows and put water out again.  The article below is from a pond supply company, but it has some basic information. 

http://www.ponddoc.com/WhatsUpDoc/WildBirds/WBirdWinterNecessity.htm
Wild Birds #1 Winter Necessity — Water
 ::snipping2::
A wild bird uses water for drinking and maintaining his feathers. During winter it’s even more important that he has water to bathe in. His feathers must be maintained in prime condition to keep him warm, otherwise his body will be poorly insulated and he will suffer from wasted energy.

It’s sad to watch a wild bird eating snow as a source for water during winter when one know the facts. A wild bird uses twelve times more of his energy to melt snow and ice than to bring it up to body temperature from the freezing point.

A shallow stream that stays running during freezes is a god-send to a wild bird and other wild creatures. Void of the luxury of an unfrozen stream one should keep a bird bath free of ice during winter at all times. A cement bird bath that cracks if it freezes needn’t be sacrificed. An overturned trash can lid will work and so will catch basins to large plastic planters. ::snipping2::

Muffy

Thank-you for refreshing my mind:)

I have a How to Attract Birds by Ortho Books.  A hanging ceramic water container with chains is pictured, I like that idea, too.

I was pleasantly, surprised, when I saw a bird drink out of my neighbors dogs water bowl.
The bowl was either metal or the usual stainless steel type.

I did put a tin dish out, and you know those crazy squirrels, Smile They like to drink and tipped it over.  I had a pile of my dog's dry dog food, as a weight, but I guess the Squirrels prob ate the food and tipped it over. I did soak the dog food, before, I put it out. You would be suprised, who eats soaked dog biscuits and soaked dry food.  A Hawk, likes to munch, to my surprise on the biscuits.

Thank-you, again. I am going to take out a bottle of water and fill up the tin, until, I get something more sensible.

A Blue Jay dipped a piece of bread into the water.  I picked up a big bag of cornmeal suffering from Aldi's, manager special, and soaked the crude crumbs, in water, too, before I put it out.

I understand the birds do not like herb stuffing, I do!

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #868 on: March 11, 2013, 06:47:23 PM »

Thank You for the reminder Muffy The time is going by so fast.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: March 11, 2013, 07:16:35 PM »

Has lived longer than any other poinsettia plant in my house.  Got this in a 4" pot about 2 weeks before Christmas 2012 and it's amazingly, still alive.  Normally I kill them in 2-3 weeks 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #870 on: March 11, 2013, 07:53:53 PM »

Has lived longer than any other poinsettia plant in my house.  Got this in a 4" pot about 2 weeks before Christmas 2012 and it's amazingly, still alive.  Normally I kill them in 2-3 weeks 

Way to go Klaas!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #871 on: March 11, 2013, 11:58:29 PM »

Here are some pictures taken on the Cherahala Skyway in North Carolina and Tennessee.

There was some snow on the top of the mountain (we were, at the top of the mountain, at 5500 feet.  It was so high that the clouds covered everything with ice.  It was beautiful.

Wow!  Did you feel like you were in the clouds, Blue Moon?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: March 12, 2013, 12:00:25 AM »

This is one of the landslides that occurred in the mountains a few weeks back when we had all the rain:

The road is down to one lane.  It makes you wonder when the rest of the roadway will slide down the mountain.

Oh my!  I wonder what it looked like before.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: March 12, 2013, 12:05:25 AM »

Beautiful pictures, Blue Moon! Thanks for sharing them! 

Hey cutie!  I just love this emoticon (Valentine's) so much (I love them all, truthfully), that I hate to part with it.  I do love St. Patrick!  That is my chosen confirmation name.  I guess it's really time to change now, I held out long enough.  So, goodbye young lovers until next year!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: March 12, 2013, 12:17:09 AM »

2 1/2 years old and ready to get her Easter photos taken  an angelic monkey  She's big for 2 1/2 

My neighbor is a Nanny for a 5 year old.  I sometimes go with them when they go on short trips.  They are the same size, I think Ava is smaller.

She is a beautiful sweet little girl.  You must be so very sorry she does not live around the corner.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: March 12, 2013, 12:20:40 AM »

2 1/2 years old and ready to get her Easter photos taken  an angelic monkey  She's big for 2 1/2 

It seems like just yesterday we were looking at her baby pictures!  Thank you for sharing, Klaas.  She looks so sweet! 

I am pretty sure it was yesterday, Mzzz. Bee!   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #876 on: March 12, 2013, 12:30:03 AM »

She is a "ham" and very photogenic.  Smart as a whip and very tall for her age but barely talks.  I've only heard her say one word.."up" that's it.  I imagine one of these days she'll surprise us and and wake up reciting Shakespeare  

Be careful what you wish for with kids.  They usually surprise us and then do that and more.  Next I'll hear you talking about what a chatterbox she is and how you can't get a word in edge wise!  She looks very smart.  I think that's one of the first things I said about her when she was born.

spelling
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:54:35 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: March 12, 2013, 01:12:00 AM »

Seahorse, if you can give the birds water, that would help them so much.  I don't have a fancy deicer or heated bird baths, but I do go out even if it's icy or snows and put water out again.  The article below is from a pond supply company, but it has some basic information. 

http://www.ponddoc.com/WhatsUpDoc/WildBirds/WBirdWinterNecessity.htm
Wild Birds #1 Winter Necessity — Water
 ::snipping2::
A wild bird uses water for drinking and maintaining his feathers. During winter it’s even more important that he has water to bathe in. His feathers must be maintained in prime condition to keep him warm, otherwise his body will be poorly insulated and he will suffer from wasted energy.

It’s sad to watch a wild bird eating snow as a source for water during winter when one know the facts. A wild bird uses twelve times more of his energy to melt snow and ice than to bring it up to body temperature from the freezing point.

A shallow stream that stays running during freezes is a god-send to a wild bird and other wild creatures. Void of the luxury of an unfrozen stream one should keep a bird bath free of ice during winter at all times. A cement bird bath that cracks if it freezes needn’t be sacrificed. An overturned trash can lid will work and so will catch basins to large plastic planters. ::snipping2::

Thanks, Muffers, I am going to stop emptying all the water that collects everywhere during the winter.  I was always afraid a little animal was going to fall in the upside down trashcan lids and drown.

I am so glad you and Mere are around to take care of all the little birds for us.

I was listening to the radio and they were talking about penguins and it was fascinating.  We think of them as being animals that live mostly in the cold.  I believe they said 80% of them live in warmer climates.  They also said their feathers are packed so densely, that their bodies don't get wet.  It was about 700 per square inch.  You think you know something about an animal and really, you just touched the surface.  I think the people were from Florida and were talking about having the largest penguin exhibit. 

(that was the only bird I could find) 

I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #878 on: March 12, 2013, 03:32:23 AM »

Has lived longer than any other poinsettia plant in my house.  Got this in a 4" pot about 2 weeks before Christmas 2012 and it's amazingly, still alive.  Normally I kill them in 2-3 weeks  

Wow, Klaas! It's not just alive, it's beautiful and so healthy! You've got a green thumb!

Muffy..... Waylon and I were watching Mary Poppins yesterday and when they started singing, "Feed The Birds.... Tupence a bag"..... I thought of you, Miss Bee!  

Blue Moon..... you and I will just tremble and shake our way through those Spring storms this year!  

Hiya, GE! I know what you mean about time getting away from you! It passed me up a couple of years ago and I can't even see it's tail lights now!  

Hey, Bearly! You didn't look very hard! I found 2 birds right away!   See? (hee- hee-hee)    Love Ya, Miss Bear!  
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: March 13, 2013, 07:23:25 PM »

DON'T MISS TONIGHT'S DANA PRETZER SHOW AT 9PM ET!

Click on the link below at 6pm ET to listen:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:42:21 PM by klaasend » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.