March 28, 2024, 02:11:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448675 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #880 on: March 14, 2013, 07:26:47 AM »

Has lived longer than any other poinsettia plant in my house.  Got this in a 4" pot about 2 weeks before Christmas 2012 and it's amazingly, still alive.  Normally I kill them in 2-3 weeks 

Klaas,

Beautiful.

You can make little Poinsettia's, if it ever turns brown.

http://www.wildflower.org/expert/show.php?id=395

Collect the seed pods from your poinsettia plants when they begin to turn brown. Store them in a closed paper bag until the seed pods have completely dried. During this period, the seeds are likely to pop right out of the pods and end up on the bottom of the bag. At that point they are ready to sow.

Thursday, June 9,2005

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #881 on: March 14, 2013, 08:01:01 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: March 14, 2013, 11:57:25 AM »

Klaas or Mzzz Bee

Would you be good enough to start a new "Topic" for Pope Francis in the "Religion" area.  TIA 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #883 on: March 14, 2013, 12:59:46 PM »

Klaas or Mzzz Bee

Would you be good enough to start a new "Topic" for Pope Francis in the "Religion" area.  TIA  

Sure thing, grace-land.  On my way ......  

Link to new thread for Pope Francis:
  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14144.msg1554606#msg1554606
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:05:22 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: March 15, 2013, 10:21:28 PM »

test
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: March 15, 2013, 10:53:18 PM »

test

Oh, no, a test?! 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: March 16, 2013, 10:38:34 AM »

Forum time clock looks like it's 9 minutes off (ahead)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #887 on: March 17, 2013, 10:24:01 AM »

Ohhhhhh....... A friend e-mailed me this recipe and picture and I made it. I ate one piece and shouldn't have because I'm trying to watch carbs, but Oh My!! It was goooooood!! Waylon and John ate it all up while they were watching a movie. YUM!

1 Italian loaf, about 12 inches long
1 stick butter, melted
1/8 cup olive oil
3 tsp minced onion
2-3 cloves garlic, grated
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp poppy seeds
3 tsp chopped parsley (add more if you wish)
12 oz grated cheese (use a mix of white cheddar and Monterrey jack.)(Or your choice)

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

Mix the melted butter, olive oil, onion, garlic, Dijon mustard, poppy seeds and parsley in a bowl.

Cut the bread into cubes with X slices without cutting all the way through the bottom crust.

Pour the butter-onion garlic mixture carefully into those X cracks using a small spoon and over the top of the bread. Fill those delicious cracks with the grated cheese. (It seems like a lot of work and trouble but it's all worth it. Yes.)

Wrap the entire loaf with foil, sealing the sides properly and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and unwrap. Bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: March 17, 2013, 12:49:23 PM »

OMG that looks soooooo good!  Monkey Devil!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #889 on: March 17, 2013, 01:24:11 PM »

OMG that looks soooooo good!  Monkey Devil!

It sure does!!    

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #890 on: March 17, 2013, 06:27:41 PM »

Ohhhhhh....... A friend e-mailed me this recipe and picture and I made it. I ate one piece and shouldn't have because I'm trying to watch carbs, but Oh My!! It was goooooood!! Waylon and John ate it all up while they were watching a movie. YUM!

1 Italian loaf, about 12 inches long
1 stick butter, melted
1/8 cup olive oil
3 tsp minced onion
2-3 cloves garlic, grated
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp poppy seeds
3 tsp chopped parsley (add more if you wish)
12 oz grated cheese (use a mix of white cheddar and Monterrey jack.)(Or your choice)

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

Mix the melted butter, olive oil, onion, garlic, Dijon mustard, poppy seeds and parsley in a bowl.

Cut the bread into cubes with X slices without cutting all the way through the bottom crust.

Pour the butter-onion garlic mixture carefully into those X cracks using a small spoon and over the top of the bread. Fill those delicious cracks with the grated cheese. (It seems like a lot of work and trouble but it's all worth it. Yes.)

Wrap the entire loaf with foil, sealing the sides properly and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and unwrap. Bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey

OMG, I am trying to stay away from any kind of bread at all and you post this!!!!!!!!!!

It looks so good.  I am doing my best to not run to the store and get the ingredients for this.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #891 on: March 17, 2013, 11:32:26 PM »

I just got back from here a couple weeks ago.  this is not good:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/260315/2/Pigeon-Forge-resort-fire-sparks-multiple-blazes

Crews evacuate area near massive Pigeon Forge resort fire

Sevier County Fire Department confirmed that 32 cabins near Black Bear Ridge Resort and Trappers Ridge have been damaged at this time.

Crews have evacuated everyone at this point, and officials said there are no injuries at this time.

All Sevier County Fire Department, Sevier County Rescue Squad, Urban Wildlife Task Force, Tennessee Division of Forestry, and Tennessee Highway Patrol are responding to the fire.

::snipping2:: ::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #892 on: March 18, 2013, 12:48:01 AM »

I just got back from here a couple weeks ago.  this is not good:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/260315/2/Pigeon-Forge-resort-fire-sparks-multiple-blazes

Crews evacuate area near massive Pigeon Forge resort fire

Sevier County Fire Department confirmed that 32 cabins near Black Bear Ridge Resort and Trappers Ridge have been damaged at this time.

Crews have evacuated everyone at this point, and officials said there are no injuries at this time.

All Sevier County Fire Department, Sevier County Rescue Squad, Urban Wildlife Task Force, Tennessee Division of Forestry, and Tennessee Highway Patrol are responding to the fire.

::snipping2:: ::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

More pictures and video at the link

https://www.facebook.com/WATE6.News

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
crazybabyborg
« Reply #893 on: March 18, 2013, 10:42:27 AM »

Oh No!! 

I didn't even know about the fire! I know exactly where that is and have stayed in a cabin in that area. I wonder what started it?
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #894 on: March 18, 2013, 01:43:36 PM »

Oh No!! 

I didn't even know about the fire! I know exactly where that is and have stayed in a cabin in that area. I wonder what started it?

They haven't said as far as I have seen what started it.  All I have heard is it started at 2 cabins and then jumped the road and started climbing up the mountain.

It was just a matter of time before this happened.  Those mountains are loaded with cabins in every crook and corner.  We started to rent in that location once and they had us to go up to it and check it out.  The back porch was handing out over the mountain and it just looked like it would slide off the mountain any time.  I told them NO I wanted something firmly planted on the ground and hanging out over the mountain.  It is a shame that they do this to those mountains.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #895 on: March 18, 2013, 02:04:09 PM »

Oh No!! 

They haven't said as far as I have seen what started it.  All I have heard is it started at 2 cabins and then jumped the road and started climbing up the mountain.

It was just a matter of time before this happened.  Those mountains are loaded with cabins in every crook and corner.  We started to rent in that location once and they had us to go up to it and check it out.  The back porch was handing  hanging out over the mountain and it just looked like it would slide off the mountain any time.  I told them NO I wanted something firmly planted on the ground and "not" hanging out over the mountain.  It is a shame that they do this to those mountains.

corrections (I need to read before I post)

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #896 on: March 18, 2013, 05:37:21 PM »

Hello Monkeys,

Klaas I thought of you at the Dollar Tree store!  I bought a solar light for a dollar!

Going to experiment if it can be used indoors, as a nightlite.

The solar light is charging, outside, it will take a couple days, it is cloudy.

I think of the Monkeys when I pray, and now when I shop.

http://ads.dollartree.com/current_ad/html5/app.asp?RelId=4.3.2.1

A photo of the solar light is on the front cover of the flyer.  I did not know if I could post
the photo,would be advertising?

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: March 20, 2013, 04:50:10 PM »

Has lived longer than any other poinsettia plant in my house.  Got this in a 4" pot about 2 weeks before Christmas 2012 and it's amazingly, still alive.  Normally I kill them in 2-3 weeks 

I wish I could remember to water them!  Beautiful plants, Klaas!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: March 20, 2013, 11:08:01 PM »

Has lived longer than any other poinsettia plant in my house.  Got this in a 4" pot about 2 weeks before Christmas 2012 and it's amazingly, still alive.  Normally I kill them in 2-3 weeks  

Wow, Klaas! It's not just alive, it's beautiful and so healthy! You've got a green thumb!

Muffy..... Waylon and I were watching Mary Poppins yesterday and when they started singing, "Feed The Birds.... Tupence a bag"..... I thought of you, Miss Bee!  

Blue Moon..... you and I will just tremble and shake our way through those Spring storms this year!  

Hiya, GE! I know what you mean about time getting away from you! It passed me up a couple of years ago and I can't even see it's tail lights now!  

Hey, Bearly! You didn't look very hard! I found 2 birds right away!   See? (hee- hee-hee)    Love Ya, Miss Bear!  

I was looking for fowl birds, not foul birds!

Time?  I'll take you back in time.  Love you too, CBB!  Wiggle that fine butt!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwqhJyUyoHU?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/EwqhJyUyoHU?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 11:13:49 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: March 20, 2013, 11:12:43 PM »

Has lived longer than any other poinsettia plant in my house.  Got this in a 4" pot about 2 weeks before Christmas 2012 and it's amazingly, still alive.  Normally I kill them in 2-3 weeks  

Wow, Klaas! It's not just alive, it's beautiful and so healthy! You've got a green thumb!

Muffy..... Waylon and I were watching Mary Poppins yesterday and when they started singing, "Feed The Birds.... Tupence a bag"..... I thought of you, Miss Bee!  

Blue Moon..... you and I will just tremble and shake our way through those Spring storms this year!  

Hiya, GE! I know what you mean about time getting away from you! It passed me up a couple of years ago and I can't even see it's tail lights now!  

Hey, Bearly! You didn't look very hard! I found 2 birds right away!   See? (hee- hee-hee)    Love Ya, Miss Bear!  

I was looking for fowl birds, not foul birds!

Time?  I'll take you back in time.  Love you too, CBB!  Wiggle that fine butt!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwqhJyUyoHU?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/EwqhJyUyoHU?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

CBB, our fearless leader started this thread with an innocent post about a beautiful plant and we pulled it right down to foul birds and wiggly butts.  Great job, I say, CBB!

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.