March 28, 2024, 08:01:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448637 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #900 on: March 21, 2013, 09:04:04 PM »

Someone got a new puppy 

Don't tell San I told you  Monkey Devil!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #901 on: March 21, 2013, 09:21:34 PM »

awwwww, it's so cute!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #902 on: March 21, 2013, 09:29:09 PM »

Yet ANOTHER Australian Shepherd.  That's #5, lol  She is cute!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: March 21, 2013, 10:05:18 PM »

Yet ANOTHER Australian Shepherd.  That's #5, lol  She is cute!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: March 21, 2013, 10:29:25 PM »

Puppy love!!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #905 on: March 22, 2013, 08:20:51 PM »

Video at the link:

http://www.13wham.com/mostpopular/story/Dog-Missing-Since-July-1st-Found-Friday-Morning/Il-brc17cUuWkEwr56OoGw.cspx

Dog Missing Since July 1st Found Friday Morning

Reported by: Sean Carroll Email: scarroll@13wham.com

Print Story Published: 10:45 am Share Updated: 6:51 pm

Pittsford, N.Y. --- A social media campaign to find a six year-old Sheltie named “Meggie” came to a happy end Friday morning.  The dog went missing on July 1st after running away from a dog-sitter while her owners were out of the country on vacation.

Months of tracking and Meggie across towns on the east side of Rochester culminated in her capture around 3:30 a.m. at a home in Penfield Gardens according to Meggie’s owners.

13WHAM News was provided video of her capture on the porch of that home.  The homeowners, who wish to remain anonymous, spent weeks working with Meggie’s owners to lure her into the trap.  Motion-activated cameras revealed Meggie was in the area since mid-February.  A feeding station in the backyard eventually lured her to the trap.

"They covered the side porch with chicken wire and devised a gate that would drop down very fast," said Meggie’s owner Jenny Lloyd.  "The homeowner had to press the button because he was looking at the screen."

"She went on the porch and he was watching with the camera," added Connie Gates, Meggie’s other owner.  "Everything went as it was supposed to."

A Facebook Page called “Meggie – Lost Dog – Rochester, NY Area” was used to track and detail the exhaustive search for her.  The page generated more than a thousand followers and each day Meggie’s owners heard from people wishing them the best and vowing to keep their eyes peeled for Meggie.

"We had people who would call and say I'm on the road for my job and if there's anything I can do to help you, I'm watching for her all the time," said Connie Gates.  The couple also notified area school bus drivers, letter carriers, and sanitation workers.  Some of them even called in tips.

A local animal control officer who also works with the New York State Wildlife Rehabilitation Council volunteered many hours in this search.  She knew from the start that capturing Meggie would not be easy.

"They (Sheltie’s) are bred to be herding dogs they come out of the shoot smart as smart as smart IQs so I wasn't surprised by any of that stuff that she was doing,” Barbara Acomb-Hollands said.  “They're also an extremely difficult breed to box trap because they don't like to go into small, ‘tunnel-ley’ areas.”

Within an hour of her capture Meggie was with her owners and on her way home.  She appeared to recognize the garage, home, and backyard.  She quickly re-introduced herself to Jessie, a ten year-old Sheltie who often acts as the attention-grabbing “big sister” to Meggie.

"She's been sticking to me like glue since she got home," Connie Gates said.  "She's tired, she is tired I see that."

::snipping2::

Meggie, before her nine month ordeal...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151417325489215&set=a.470690499214.256612.52383644214&type=1&relevant_count=1

WHEC TV
Good news is spreading fast about a dog named Meggie. She is home after almost nine months on the run.

Meggie took off July 1 when she was with a dog sitter and she's been living on the east side all this time. People saw her in Penfield and Webster repeatedly but no one could catch her.

We learned that an elaborate set-up on someone’s porch ultimately helped catch Meggie and return her to her owners.
Like ·  · Share · 8 hours ago

She's finally HOME!   

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=517140768322581&set=a.421380347898624.85872.419478554755470&type=1&relevant_count=1

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: March 24, 2013, 08:45:27 PM »

Klaas dressed her up for Easter 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: March 24, 2013, 09:02:59 PM »

So darned cute!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: March 24, 2013, 09:56:39 PM »

That's too precious!   

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #909 on: March 24, 2013, 11:12:51 PM »

I just love love that puppy.  Those rabbit ears are cute.  I bought my niece a set of the rabbit ears and she is so cute in them.

Makes me want a little puppy just like this one.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #910 on: March 27, 2013, 09:45:16 AM »

San that puppy is adorable...!   I wish they stayed that small.  And just what
are they herding these days....or maybe they are not the herders.   

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #911 on: March 28, 2013, 06:00:35 AM »

Hi Mere, they are herding us  .  When I come home from work they are the boss.  For some reason I used to think it was the other way around but in my case it's not.  This little puppy is a terror  Monkey Devil!.  My other dogs don't know what to think of her and the more they ignore her the badder she is.  I keep yelling at my sister to pick and name and stick with it.  Every day I come home I find her calling the pup a different name.  Here are some names we have been calling her - Ashly, Maggie, Buttons, Gracie, etc.

Hope all is well with you Mere.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: March 28, 2013, 09:56:23 AM »

How about Zoey? or Bailey?

I have the house on the market....which is a daily "something going on".  There is a couple that is interested - as they have come to see it four times and bring friends now and stay over an hour each
time.  I think it is like a party to them.  Anyhow, my agent told their agent to tell them to decide.  I
guess the wife loves the house, and the husband is not "sure" yet.  There was an Agent's Open House yesterday, so I have my fingers crossed.

Thinking of getting a new terrier when I move.... 

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #913 on: March 28, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »

Someone got a new puppy  

Don't tell San I told you   Monkey Devil!

What a beauty!

PS  I won't say a word.

silent

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:19:06 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: March 28, 2013, 07:15:55 PM »

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: March 28, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »

Hi Mere, they are herding us  .  When I come home from work they are the boss.  For some reason I used to think it was the other way around but in my case it's not.  This little puppy is a terror  Monkey Devil!.  My other dogs don't know what to think of her and the more they ignore her the badder she is.  I keep yelling at my sister to pick and name and stick with it.  Every day I come home I find her calling the pup a different name.  Here are some names we have been calling her - Ashly, Maggie, Buttons, Gracie, etc.

Hope all is well with you Mere.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #916 on: March 28, 2013, 07:19:04 PM »

I have the house on the market....which is a daily "something going on".  There is a couple that is interested - as they have come to see it four times and bring friends now and stay over an hour each
time.  I think it is like a party to them.  Anyhow, my agent told their agent to tell them to decide.  I
guess the wife loves the house, and the husband is not "sure" yet.  There was an Agent's Open House yesterday, so I have my fingers crossed.

I believe in miracles!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #917 on: March 28, 2013, 08:48:47 PM »

It sounds like pretty soon that couple will ask you if they could sleep over for the night 

I'm sure you will find a buyer for your home Mere.

I think that's a great idea to get a new puppy.  They really keep you company and are so funny to watch.

I just asked my sister what is the name of the puppy.  She goes it's Molly.  I said are you sure 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #918 on: March 28, 2013, 09:34:22 PM »

It sounds like pretty soon that couple will ask you if they could sleep over for the night 

I think that's a great idea to get a new puppy.  They really keep you company and are so funny to watch.

I just asked my sister what is the name of the puppy.  She goes it's Molly.  I said are you sure 

That's just what I thought happened when she said they "bring friends in now and stay over" but then I saw the rest of the sentence. 

Look out your peep hole to make sure the next time they come they are not in their jammies!

A Molly by any other name will still be as cute!  Is she still Molly?

I believe in miracles!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: March 28, 2013, 09:46:29 PM »

That's just what I thought happened when she said they "bring friends in now and stay over" but then I saw the rest of the sentence. 

Look out your peep hole to make sure the next time they come they are not in their jammies!

A Molly by any other name will still be as cute!  Is she still Molly?

Hi Bearly, she is still named Molly.  She is jumping all around right now terrorizing the other dogs. They see her coming and they are like oh god her she comes again 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.