March 18, 2024, 11:21:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #862 12/23/11 - 1/13/12  (Read 403284 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #260 on: January 07, 2012, 04:33:19 AM »

Justice for Stephany!

::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2012, 04:34:02 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2012, 06:01:17 AM »

Once again the Sloot devil-spawn shows what he's made of - or how little he's made of?

Anita must be soooo proud that he is keeping up the family tradition of absolutely no accountability for any of the horrors they commit. Makes me physically ill to even hear any of them speak.

Ditto, Nonesy! (Great to see you, BTW!)

It's very different this time, isn't it? No Papa running interference, no Mama petting him as he is released.............. no release period! 

I hope all of Aruba is watching and I hope the entire world is reminded that Natalee never received justice because Aruba protected this "Golden Boy".  Stephany is dead because of that island and his family.

I've missed all of you CBB !

I just pray he never sees the outside world again.

I continue to stand with the girl.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #263 on: January 07, 2012, 07:25:15 AM »

Joran is playing them again, just as he did w/interrogators in Aruba.  This time he will lose, its only a matter of time! 
 ::boxingjoran::
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: January 07, 2012, 08:01:08 AM »

Hello all and thanks to everyone for staying the course and providing updates.  That interview with John Kelley was great.  He has Joran pegged.  Smart man.  I bet the judges in Peru have him figured out as well.  May 2012 be the year that JVS pays. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: January 07, 2012, 11:39:33 AM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/06/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot-trial/?hpt=wo_c2
Van der Sloot postpones plea
January 6, 2012

Joran van der Sloot appears in court Friday in Lima, Peru, to face charges in the 2010 death of a Peruvian woman.

THE WRITING WAS ON THE WALL

Monkeys Media Reminder … Beth Holloway & Peter R. DeVries on Dana Pretzer Show on Scared Monkeys Radio
February 13th, 2008

Beth Holloway:

47:50 - "I feel strongly that he (Joran) is a time bomb that is waiting to go off.  He will strike again.  It is not just for Natalee that I would like to see him behind bars.  I think he has shown us all he has no control over himself or his actions."

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/2008/02/13/monkeys-media-reminder-beth-holloway-peter-r-devries-on-dana-pretzer-show-on-scared-monkeys-radio/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: January 07, 2012, 11:46:04 AM »

NANCY GRACE
Van Der Sloot Trial Postponed in Peru
Aired January 6, 2012 - 20:00   ET

JEAN CASAREZ, GUEST HOST: Joran Van Der Sloot - - he took control of that courtroom today, beyond anybody, the prosecution, the judges. It was believed he was going to accept the responsibility for killing Stephany Flores, but no. No, he said, I`ve got to think about it a while. He`s had a year-and-a-half in solitary confinement to think about it.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/06/ng.01.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: January 07, 2012, 12:32:33 PM »

If anyone else missed this show and is interested, the podcast is up!   

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/01/05/daily-commentary-thursday-january-5-2012-a-preview-of-tonights-dana-pretzer-show/

The Dana Pretzer Show – Thursday, January 5, 2012 – 2011 a Year in Review

::snipping2::

Dana welcomes special guests:

From our sister site, Blink from BlinkonCrime
Our own RED, owner of Scared Monkeys

The Dana Pretzer Show – Thursday, January 5, 2012: Download Podcast

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: January 07, 2012, 12:38:55 PM »

Once again the Sloot devil-spawn shows what he's made of - or how little he's made of?

Anita must be soooo proud that he is keeping up the family tradition of absolutely no accountability for any of the horrors they commit. Makes me physically ill to even hear any of them speak.

Ditto, Nonesy! (Great to see you, BTW!)

It's very different this time, isn't it? No Papa running interference, no Mama petting him as he is released.............. no release period! 

I hope all of Aruba is watching and I hope the entire world is reminded that Natalee never received justice because Aruba protected this "Golden Boy".  Stephany is dead because of that island and his family.

I've missed all of you CBB !

I just pray he never sees the outside world again.

I'd missed your post yesterday, but I see we were thinking alike as I'm sure most of us that have followed this were.

It's always good to see you!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: January 07, 2012, 12:49:50 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8KsSpi7310

From The Early Show

Will van der Sloot trial be tied to Holloway?

Published on Jan 7, 2012 by CBS
Joran Van der Sloot asked for more time to enter a plea in Peru in his trial for allegedly killing a woman there. A guilty plea might drastically shorten his sentence. Will the tactic work? And prosecutors could try to link any plea deal to info on Natalee Holloway. Betty Nguyen reports, then John Miller speaks with famed defense lawyer Barry Slotnick about the trial.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2012, 02:01:30 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8KsSpi7310

From The Early Show

Will van der Sloot trial be tied to Holloway?

Published on Jan 7, 2012 by CBS
Joran Van der Sloot asked for more time to enter a plea in Peru in his trial for allegedly killing a woman there. A guilty plea might drastically shorten his sentence. Will the tactic work? And prosecutors could try to link any plea deal to info on Natalee Holloway. Betty Nguyen reports, then John Miller speaks with famed defense lawyer Barry Slotnick about the trial.

What if they made a plea deal that linked Natalee?? Could the U.S. then up their own charges to murder when they get Joran over here for extortion??

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: January 07, 2012, 02:34:24 PM »

John Q. Kelly

DR. DREW
Aired January 6, 2012 - 21:00:00   ET

<snipped>

PINSKY: He said he wanted to make a, quote, "sincere confession," unquote, which could potentially qualify him for a reduced sentence.

John Q. Kelly, you know, I`m looking at this guy, and I know Beth has just been through just awful experiences with him. I`m not - I don`t believe he`s capable of a sincere anything. What are Natalee`s mom`s thoughts?

JOHN Q. KELLY, ATTORNEY FOR BETH HOLLOWAY: Well, she has been down this road with him. She knows that he`s certainly not capable of a sincere confession or any sort of a truthful answer, truthful statement.

I mean, I think everybody is over reading his body language and things. He went into court today to telegraph his aloofness, sort of a first shot over the bow that I don`t care what you do to me, we`re going to do this on my terms or we`re not going to do it. He went in there. He was a former poker. He had the prosecution play their hand and want to hear exactly what they were going to say.

Now he wants to go back and craft whatever he`s going to say in court Wednesday, and Doctor, you`re not going to hear a sincere confession Wednesday either. He`s going to push. He`s going to give the minimum he can get. He`s going to engage in brinkmanship. And this wouldn`t get done Wednesday either. He doesn`t want to admit to the intentional murder and he doesn`t want to admit to the robbery.

Those things were conveyed today when he shook his head and looked away when they bring up certain facts, you could see what he was going to contest.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/06/ddhln.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2012, 02:37:36 PM »

John Q. Kelly

DR. DREW

<snipped>

KELLY: He`s scammed so many people out of so much money with so many stories, and I spent a rather lengthy amount of time with him one on one a couple of times in the last month before he went to Peru on this murder. He told me how he, you know, hood winked everybody, how he made fools of everybody.

And I can tell you when he was in that courtroom today, there`s no doubt that he thinks he is the smartest person in that courtroom. He thinks he is much smarter than those judges. He thinks he`s much smarter than the prosecutor and he thinks he`s much smarter than his own attorney. He is relying on himself and he thinks he is going to get the better of everybody.

<snipped>

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2012, 02:39:15 PM »

John Q. Kelly

DR. DREW

<snipped>

KELLY: Joran van der Sloot was born a self absorbed, attention-seeking, control freak who lives in a world of fiction he`s created from his youth where he`s always right, everybody else is wrong. Anything that happens, it`s not his fault, it`s the other person.

<snipped>

_____

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2012, 02:41:12 PM »

Hello Carpe, we're still here ! Amazing.
Saw NG last night or whatever program it was on CNN. The one where Michael Griffin called John Ludwig an idiot. Made my evening.
I think he will plead guilty, but then have a back story of how it was everyone else's fault.
Don't think he is going to admit to any intent beforehand. It's going to be just one of those things, Stephanie enraged him, he got angry and killed her. And it it going to be the fault of
what has been going on for the past five years, the hounding in the Holloway case. He just snapped when it was brought up again. He probably has to consult with the persons who are supporting him to find a " guilty " story that doesn't make him look so bad for a lesser sentence. He is after all smarter than everyone else, that is why he is in Peru in prison and
99.999% of the rest of the world isn't.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: January 07, 2012, 02:47:07 PM »

Dave Holloway

NANCY GRACE

<snipped>

DAVE HOLLOWAY, FATHER OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY: Well, I really felt sorry for the Flores family after they gave a statement. And I knew that they were really expecting justice today. And we have been in that situation many times before where we expect the best, and then you get -- your emotions are down on the ground. So I`m sure they`ll pick themselves up and, Wednesday morning, hope for the best.

CASAREZ: You know, Dave Holloway, what you just made me realize is that the modus operandi, the way Joran Van Der Sloot goes about this was repeated in the courtroom today. How many times did he say, I will tell everyone what happened to Natalee Holloway, and the expectation has built, and then it doesn`t happen, or it`s a lie.

And today the expectation was there that he would accept the responsibility, and once again, it didn`t happen. He didn`t come through.

HOLLOWAY: No, he`s done this many times before. And he didn`t come into that courtroom unprepared. I think this was all planned out. And I was kind of surprised when he was coming into the court saying that he was going to plead guilty, and then when the judge asked him to behave in court, his behavior got worse. And I was thinking, you know, he`s just -- you know, killing himself in front of the judge by acting in the manner he was acting in.

I said, I was thinking, you know, if he continues the judge is going to slap him for the full 30. And then when he asked for more time, I thought, well, he`s intentionally angered the judge. Hopefully she won`t react out of emotion rather than rationality. And they did give him the extra time. I thought well, he`s trying to do what he did in our case, is try to cause enough issues and problems where he can get this to appeal to a higher court and possibly out of the country of Peru.

<snipped>

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: January 07, 2012, 02:52:43 PM »

[

b]John Ludwick[/b]

NANCY GRACE

<snipped>

JOHN LUDWICK, FRIEND OF JORAN VAN DER SLOOT: One thing that doesn`t sit right with me is the clip we keep hearing of Stephany Flores` father saying that he`s glad that his daughter, you know, gave her life to lock up a killer. As far as we know, his daughter created a killer by going on his laptop and looking up stuff about Natalee and then -- when he came back the room confronting him about, you know, what did you do to the girl?

And you know that`s when, I guess, the altercation happened and Stephany lost her life. If she hadn`t have been nosey and confronted him about that, and maybe she would have died. If she -- if she was worried, she should have just left the room and not made a confrontation like that. She created a killer as far as I`m concerned. We don`t know if he was a killer before that.

<snipped>

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: January 07, 2012, 02:54:25 PM »

I know it's not perfect, so please forgive any errors or typos. 

Tonight's Dr. Drew

Dr. Drew  John Q. Kelly, you know I’m looking at this guy and I know Beth has just been through just awful experiences with him, I don’t believe he’s capable of a sincere anything, what are Natalee’s mom’s thoughts?

John Q. Kelly  She’s been down this road with him, she knows that he’s certainly not capable of a sincere confession or any sort of truthful answer or truthful statement.  I think everybody’s over reading his body language and things.  He went into court today to telegraph his aloofness, sort of a first shot over the bow like I don’t care what you do to me, we’re going to do this on my terms or we’re not going to do it.  He went in there; it was a form of poker.  He had the prosecution play their hand; he wanted to hear exactly what they were going to say.  And now he wants to go back and craft whatever he’s going to say in court on Wednesday.  And doctor, you’re not going to hear a sincere confession on Wednesday either.  He’s going to push, he’s going to give the minimum he can get, he’s going to engage in brinkmanship and this won’t get done Wednesday either.  He doesn’t want to admit to the intentional murder and he doesn’t want to admit to the robbery.  Those things were conveyed today when he’d shake his head and look away when they’d bring up certain facts, you could see what he’s going to contest.  He and I circled each other for five years and I know him very well.

(Dr. Drew asks John to give everyone a brief sketch of what it was like in the past with Joran promising things, promising confessions, promising to tell the Holloway’s what happened to their daughter and then nothing, unless it served his needs.)

John Q. Kelly Well of course I mean, he’s scammed so many people out of so much money with so many stories.  I spent a rather lengthy amount of time with him one on one a couple of times in the last month before he went to Peru in this murder, (?) he told me how he had hoodwinked everybody, how he had made fools of everybody; and I can tell you when he was in that courtroom today, there is no doubt that he thinks he’s the smartest person in that courtroom.  He thinks he’s much smarter than those judges, he thinks he’s much smarter than the prosecutor, and he thinks he’s much smarter than his own attorney.  He’s relying on himself and he thinks he’s going to get the better of everybody.

(Dr Drew agrees and refers to Joran being a different quality of criminal than say a Casey Anthony...not good person, mass liar, distorts, doesn’t understand how she’s perceived versus this guy...who gets off on manipulating, taking things from people and murdering people.  He apologizes, but tells John he has one minute.)

John Q. Kelly Casey Anthony wasn’t born and raised to engage in whatever happened with she and her daughter it was probably a short term thing where she made certain bad decisions and is moving on with her life.  Joran van der Sloot was born a self absorbed, attention seeking, control freak who lives in a world of fiction he’s created from his youth where he’s always right, everybody else is wrong, anything that happens it’s not his fault, it’s the other person.

All in one post, and pretty dang close to the transcript that has now obviously been published!  Of course watching and hearing is always better than just reading imo.  John Q. Kelly definitely has Joran's "number" imo.

This is another part of the show last night that I found interesting, but didn't take the time to type out and share...

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

PINSKY: Joran van der Sloot tells a Peruvian court he needs more time to think before pleading guilty to having murdered 21-year-old Stephany Flores.

Joining me now is attorney for Beth Holloway, John Q. Kelly, and body language expert Susan Constantine.

Susan, I`m going to ask you first. What did you make of his behavior in court today? We`re going to look at some images where he`s dozing off - we`re trying to get that up on the screen here as we`re going to look at this. He`s dozing off. He`s yawning. He seems insolent.

This guy - this guy really bothers me, and I`m not sure IO can put my finger on why, just looking at his body language, but maybe you can put a little fine point on that for us.

SUSAN CONSTANTINE, BODY LANGUAGE EXPERT: Well, if you could imagine that everything that goes on inside of us, our thoughts and all of our emotion is exhibited through our nonverbal communication, I am certain that all night long he probably tossed and turned, thought, tossed and turned more, and what we`re seeing is of course part of his personality. He really doesn`t care. So he`s got that detachment.

But in addition to that, you can see his long eye closures, the darkening around his eyes and you could also see his eyes shift. So when you`re seeing these shifts, he has almost kind of like a lazy eye. I think that, you know, he`s sleep deprived. That`s what it appears to me, Dr. Drew.

PINSKY: It`s as simple as sleep deprivation or is it sleep deprivation. And you`re saying the shifty eyes, to me, that`s just - that means that he`s like trying to manipulate his way out of this.

CONSTANTINE: No, that`s not what I`m saying.

PINSKY: OK. Go ahead.

CONSTANTINE: That`s not what I`m saying. What I`m saying is that, you know, it`s like someone has a lazy eye, where their eyes sometimes shift very lazily over to one side and come back because he`s trying to refocus. You could also see more clouding around his eyes, because he`s not real fresh looking. I mean, he looks tired.

So in addition to that is about his attitude. That`s also plays into it. And, you know, well, he is very arrogant. He has no empathy. We know that he is also a sociopath. What`s new? We already know that already.

But the one thing that I would like you to see what every one may be missing is that how he is answering those questions, even though it`s in another language, it really doesn`t matter. Because when he`s talking about giving a sincere confession, at that exact time, his eyes become very narrowed. His eyes become very squinted. His mouth becomes more horizontal and his lips get very tightened. That`s anger, OK?

So he is feeling more anger. He is very sinister in a lot of his expressions, and, see, that`s what I`m seeing in his body language.

PINSKY: I love the word "sinister" because that feels right with what I`m looking at here.

CONSTANTINE: Right.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: January 07, 2012, 03:00:31 PM »

Saw NG last night or whatever program it was on CNN. The one where Michael Griffin called John Ludwig an idiot. Made my evening. ..

I think he will plead guilty, but then have a back story of how it was everyone else's fault.
Don't think he is going to admit to any intent beforehand. It's going to be just one of those things, Stephanie enraged him, he got angry and killed her. And it it going to be the fault of
what has been going on for the past five years, the hounding in the Holloway case. He just snapped when it was brought up again. He probably has to consult with the persons who are supporting him to find a " guilty " story that doesn't make him look so bad for a lesser sentence. He is after all smarter than everyone else, that is why he is in Peru in prison and

Hi Kat_Gram

The comment made my evening too!!

Janet

+++++

NANCY GRACE

<snipped>

MICHAEL GRIFFITH, INTERNATIONAL LAW ATTORNEY/CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY (via phone):  Jean, I want to say something to you. This Mr. Ludwick, I don`t know what`s wrong with this man. This is a first class idiot. For him to go on national television and to say because she looked into his computer that this was her fault, and that he was entrapped. OK. When Van Der Sloot accepted $25,000 -- now I can see why this man is friends with Joran Van Der Sloot. This guy is a complete cretin. And for him to go on national TV to say this I think disgusting. OK? I mean how dare him.

<snipped>

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: January 07, 2012, 03:01:36 PM »

Saw NG last night or whatever program it was on CNN. The one where Michael Griffin called John Ludwig an idiot. Made my evening.

Mine too Kat_gram, I was screaming much worse!  

And yes, his lawyer is already using the "under duress" excuse that they're hoping will contribute to a lesser sentence.  I hope the judges don't fall for that crap and give him the maximum they can.  Regardless of what sentence he gets, I just hope it's true and they send him to the prison deemed the "Siberia" of prisons in Peru.  I'm tired of him living the good life in Castro Castro.  At least if he's there, if his admirer from Florida goes to see him maybe there won't be members of the press there interested in anything she has to say.

jmo

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.