March 19, 2024, 04:42:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #862 12/23/11 - 1/13/12  (Read 403336 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 02:40:17 PM »

Self Edit - Post #37

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/natalee-holloway/the-beth-holloway-interview

Fixed = San
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:19:38 PM by San » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 07:47:49 PM »

That near-drowning story is a horror one!  Imagine holding a person hostage if they can't pay their bill at the hospital.  And imagie if we did that in this country, the money we would save by duress on those who are not citizens here.  That is made worse by the fact that tourists are how Aruba makes its living unlike in this country where we are usually just stuck with the bill anyway.

Obviously, tourists are to be used for income only and if one of them needs something, well make them pay at all costs.

Aruba has learned nothing.

Hi Anna!   

I agree.

I read something in the Aruban papers a while ago about regulations on health care costs.  IIRC something changed at that time that relaxed regulations that had been in place on what tourists could be charged for medical services.  I remember thinking that those costs would probably be determined by how much they thought the particular person would be able to pay...which is scary.  I've looked around a little, but haven't found what I recall reading yet.  If I find it, I'll post it.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2011, 02:27:32 PM »

http://noticias.lainformacion.com/mundo/semana-del-lunes-2-al-domingo-8-de-enero-de-2012_vcOs1kvR3MDEMZsOoJ6pB/

Google translation

Week of Monday 2 to Sunday, January 8, 2012
15:10 h | lainformacion.com

::snipping2::

FRIDAY, 6

State Funeral of Panama .- three-time president of Panama and the three ousted Arnulfo Arias Madrid, with the transfer of his remains to the Metropolitan Cathedral.

Lima .- begins trial against the Dutchman Joran Van der Sloot, indicted as the alleged perpetrator of the murder of young Peruvian Stephany Flores Ramirez.

Havana .- Press Conference 53 House Literary Prize of the Americas, to be held from 16 to 26 January.

New York .- The New York Hispanic community celebrates the traditional Three Kings parade in downtown Manhattan.

Paris .- IV Symposium New World, with the Italian prime minister, Mario Monti, and finance ministers of Chile, Felipe Larrain, and France, François Baroin.

Vatican City Pope Benedict XVI .- officiating traditional Mass of the Epiphany of the Lord.
Barcelona (Spain) .- Failure Nadal Prize novel.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2011, 03:09:46 PM »

http://www.dvdreleases.org/drama/justice-for-natalee-holloway/

Home » Drama » Justice For Natalee Holloway

Justice For Natalee HollowayBuy DVD

Movie Details:

Release Date: December 6, 2011
Run time: 86 Minutes
Starring: Tracy Pollan, Stephen Amell, Scott Cohen, Grant Show, Amy Gumenick

Synopsis

As a follow-up to the original movie “Natalee Holloway,” the Lifetime Original Movie “Justice for Natalee Holloway” closes in on the ongoing mystery of what exactly happened to the Alabama teenager who in 2005 mysteriously disappeared during her senior class trip to Aruba.

Four years after Natalee went missing, Joran van der Sloot, the last person to see her alive, continues to torment her grieving mother Beth by providing false information about Natalee’s fate, yet denying any responsibility for what happened to her.

I love that this video was included on the page.   

I hope everyone will take a few minutes to watch it, even though I know most of us have seen it before...imo it's a great reminder.

Crying or Very sad

We won't give up either!   ::justice2NJ:: for Natalee!

http://youtu.be/G1wkagbyqv4

Uploaded by shonyakay on Apr 5, 2010
Missing since 1:00 a.m. May 30th, 2005

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/G1wkagbyqv4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/G1wkagbyqv4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 05:43:40 PM »

Thanks San

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2011, 05:57:46 PM »

Loving Natalee: A Mother's Testament Of Hope And Faith

The True Story of the Aruba Kidnapping and Its Aftermath

By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Publisher: Harperone; 1 edition (Sep 27 2007)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0061452270
ISBN-13: 978-0061452277

May 26, 2005

I DROVE AWAY WITHOUT KNOWING

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith

Page 14-15:  On Thursday May 26, 2005, Natalee came into my bedroom at three o'clock in the morning to tell me it was almost time to go. Everyone was gathering at a friend's house for the ride to the airport. My job was to pick everyone up at the airport when they returned on Memorial Day, Monday, May 30, 2005.

While Natalee was going to be out of town, Jug was going to his lake house to visit with his family and friends. In our marriage, the second for both of us, we rarely vacationed together. My son, Matt, had made his own plans with friends for the weekend, so it was the perfect time for me to take a much-needed, overdue trip to my family's lake house in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I had not been there in a very long time. Birmingham is about nine hours away, so it was just too long a drive since moving here to make the trip on a regular basis. I was very much looking forward to visiting with my family. Everyone's plans were made.

In the wee hours on this Thursday morning Natalee and I loaded her things in the back of the car and headed off to her friend's house. It was very dark at that hour, and we were both only half awake. But we did talk some. Small talk. We reviewed what she had packed, going through a mental checklist of passport, cash, camera, sunscreen, and the like. When we arrived at her friend's house, she came to life. The adventure she had been excitedly awaiting for months was finally about to begin. She jumped out of the car and bounced to the back to get her bag. I got out and walked around the car to help her. She gathered her things and looked up long enough for me to kiss her on the cheek.

"I love you! Have a great time!" I told her.

She replied, "Bye, Mom! Love you!" and slung her purple duffel bag over her shoulder.

The bag made her walk slightly bent to its opposite side. I got back in the car as she made her way up the long walkway to the front door. Turning the car around to leave, I stopped and looked back over my shoulder to see her go inside. The front door of the house opened just wide enough for her to slip in. I saw her silhouette in the beam of light that shone from inside. The light narrowed as the door closed, then disappeared completely. It was pitch-black again. I drove away not knowing that would be the last time I would ever see Natalee.

May 30, 2005

THE PROVERBIAL DREADED PHONE CALL

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith

Page 23:  Rested and refreshed, we leave Memphis late Monday morning with Linda driving and Marilyn up front with her.  I take the backseat.  We sail along, chatting like we alway do, talking about our plans for another road trip one day soon.  Marilyn and I are happily speculating about what our daughters' reactions will be when they open their presents to find a set of extraordinary Wizard of Oz figures.  Natalee will gasp with excitement when she sees these.  Before we know it, we've crossed over into Mississippi.  Somewhere amid our conversation, between the chuckles and the small talk, my cell phone rings. I don't recognize the number, but answer it anyway, which I usually don't do.

It's a young girl.  "Mrs. Twitty?  My mom ... umm ... my mom, she umm ... wants to talk to you."  It's the daughter of Judi, the travel agent.  She developed appendicitis right before the trip, so she and Jodi didn't get to go to Aruba.  They are in Birmingham.  It seems like an eternity before Jodi takes the phone.

"Tell me what's going on," I say in a voice much firmer than the one I usually hear coming from my mouth.

She simply says, "Natalee didn't show up this morning to get on the plane."

And instantly I know.  It's more than a mother's intuition.  It's certainty.  Something terrible has happened.  I have just answered the proverbial dreaded phone call that no mother or father every wants to receive.  The one we fear from the moment our children are born.  The one that changes a parent's life forever.

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2011, 05:59:38 PM »

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2011, 09:02:46 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/95984-financial-setback-tourism-fund-tpef-less-than-expected

Financial setback tourism fund TPEF less than expected         

TUESDAY, 27 DECEMBER 2011 11:59

ORANJESTAD — The parliament continued their discussion today of the supplements and changes in the budget of 2011. From the first question round and answers it appears that the financial setback for the tourism fund Tourism Product Enhancement Fund (TPEF) was less then expected. In addition, more money is needed for the Producto Aruba Program because contractors presented higher quotations for the various infrastructural projects.Minister of Infrastructure Benny Sevinger (AVP) said the aforementioned after answering questions in the first round. The cost estimates of the various contracts appeared too low because contractors presented ‘less competitive prices’, according to him. This is partly due to the government policy to award work to all contractors, said Sevinger. On the other hand, the quotations were higher because several requirements had changed in projects, for instance the streetcar project whereby the clinkers had to meet Dutch standards and were only available in The Netherlands. We also needed to find the correct method to weld the rails, which eventually turned out to be the ‘Haagse method’, and subsequently raising the costs, said Sevinger. For that matter, the extra money for Producto Aruba – 2.3 million florins – comes from the budget that was initially reserved for the aviation.

After questions about the setback for the Tourism Product Enhancement Fund (TPEF), Minister of Tourism Otmar Oduber (AVP) said this was less then mentioned in the supplementary budget, which states that the government had expected 1.9 million florins less on revenues. That expectation is based on 2 percent of the tourism tax on time share. There were some problems with the calculation of those revenues, Oduber says now; the setback therefore only appeared to be half the amount, namely 800,000 less than estimated. He eventually expects that the revenues for the privatized tourism bureau ATA this year will also be higher than expected. This means a beginning can be made this year with the so-called contingency fund, an emergency fund for situations or developments that are less favorable. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2011, 09:53:16 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/95823-om-disclaims-imputations-on-mistakes-made

“Although I did not have contact with him on a daily basis, Poentje had always phoned me if something was bugging him. We had maintained contact during his divorce proceedings and immediately after the debacle with the laptop from Claudius Philips. I had a talk with a mutual friend shortly before Castro was shot dead. Poentje was supposedly pressed for money. I also heard that someone in his family had ties with the drug world. I’m not the only one who suspects this could have been a settling of scores linked to this”, says Daryanani.

http://www.24ora.com/den-ambiente/41476-ripitishon-pa-ultimo-biaha-qrecordando-poentje-castroqhopi-interes-na-islanan-bes-via-tds-13-curacao-y-tambe-na-hulanda-via-rtv-7.html

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/41304-a-recorda-un-ana-di-asesinato-di-poentje-castro.html

Papiamentu translation:

owing to recorda one year of asesinato of poentje castro

friday, 23 december 2011 21:54

amigonan y family of difunto poentje castro owing to uni in oracion diabierna night at home of his parents in apollostraat where past owing to being throw kill also. his amigonan owing to take away word y at end owing to as one minuut of silencio. his good coleganan of telearuba was present, owing to count ; cu presencia of minister of turism, transporte y job otmar oduber. at the door of the cura, where owing to achieve his curpa without life owing to place some candle. "brother where cu are you, good pasco" was the desire of all his amigonan at end of the night cu the symbolo of "peace" owing to despidi of another.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2011, 10:05:36 PM »

Totally off topic

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2011, 10:30:44 PM »

Thanks Klaas.  The clip of this precious baby made my day.

My son and DIL left on Tuesday to return home to the Island after staying for us over Christmas.  I miss them but I reeeaaally miss the my five year old grandson and five month granddaughter.  The baby in the video clip reminded me of NM and ... my arms are aching to hold her once again.

Janet

_____

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2011, 12:20:31 PM »

as I have said every year since Dec 31, 2005 -- May 2012 bring forth the truth for Natalee and bring her home.

Happy New Year everyone..........

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2011, 03:30:10 PM »

Justice for Natalee and Stephany in 2012!

Happy New Year to All! 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2011, 04:14:34 PM »

My wish for 2012 is that justice will be realized for Stephany Flores and the outcome of the defamation lawsuit against Phil McGraw implies that that the Kalpoes lose big time.

Happy New Year All!!

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2011, 05:32:04 PM »

as I have said every year since Dec 31, 2005 -- May 2012 bring forth the truth for Natalee and bring her home.

Happy New Year everyone..........

an angelic monkey

Happy New Year!   

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2011, 09:02:35 PM »

Happy New Year, Monkeys!

::justice2NJ::

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2011, 11:31:51 PM »

Happy New Year to All.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2012, 12:38:34 AM »

Thank you Red.   

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/12/31/in-memoriam-celebrities-we-lost-in-2011-liz-taylor-james-arness-peter-faulk-steve-jobs-and-our-own-2njsons_mom/

In Memoriam …Celebrities We Lost in 2011: Liz Taylor, James Arness, Peter Faulk, Steve Jobs and our own 2NJSons_Mom

In Memoriam of celebrities we lost in 2011, and one of our own celebs … We say goodbye, but you will never be forgot.  So many of these celebs put a smile on our face and made us enjoy life, especially 2NJSons_Mom.

1.  2NJSons_Mom-  In Loving Memory of 2NJSons_Mom … Sadly in 2011, Scared Monkeys lost one of our own.Loss is always difficult and saying goodbye is especially hard when it is one of your own. She was loved by so many, read the many prayers & tributes. http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9480.0
Until we meet again, God Bless.Sadly, we learned over the weekend that 2NJSons_Mom, a long time beloved Scared Monkey and moderator had passed away. The shock of the news was only outdone by the tears. Our hearts and prayers go out to the family and friends of 2NJSons_Mom as we all at Scared Monkeys deal with her loss. As news spread of her passing, Scared Monkeys members expressed their sorrow, tears, condolences and prayers for 2NJSons_Mom and her family. Scared Monkeys would like to thank the family of 2NJSons_Mom for sharing her with us. She was a special person who touched many lives.  You touched so many of us with your character and just being you. The pain of letting you go is only comforted by knowing that Heaven just became a better place and that you are no longer in pain and in eternal peace with The Father.
It is with our deepest sympathies that we say goodbye to 2NJSons_Mom, a special person who helped make Scared Monkeys a special place and the world a better place.  Please know dear God that the memory and spirit of 2NJ’s Son Mom will forever be in our hearts and a part of Scared Monkeys. Until we meet again dear 2NJ’s Son Mom, I only say good bye for now, until we meet again my friend … thank you for making a difference and this world a better place.

With all of our profound sadness and love,

Your family at Scared Monkey … God Bless You and Rest in Peace my Friend.

I still miss her so...  Crying or Very sad

an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2012, 02:44:15 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2012, 02:48:42 AM »

Justice for Stephany!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.