March 19, 2024, 04:12:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #862 12/23/11 - 1/13/12  (Read 403331 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: January 11, 2012, 05:53:43 PM »

the face of a cold-blooded conniving narcissistic killer!

It will be interesting to see how Aruba spins this confession too - of course liar island will work overtime to deflect.
Wonder how he got that cut above his eyebrow?

I hope it's a rat bite!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #521 on: January 11, 2012, 05:56:22 PM »

BBQ grill, now that's funny!
Sabatian, IMO, is on steroids
I been ill for 4 mos. sinus, flu, lost ability to walk and in Dec, type 2 diabetes; am building strength; tomorrow is my "debut" for cleaning and gardening.

Good to know we are together again!  

If my name were Van der Sloot, I'd change it too, for survival!

Good to see you, IBE!

Let em add my Roll Tide to that as well.

First Alabama won it then Auburn and now Alabama again all in three years.  Doesn't get any better than that and think how Natalee would have enjoyed this along wth the rest of us.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: January 11, 2012, 05:56:44 PM »

Maybe one of the confessions of Joran van der Sloot ... the main suspect in the case ... should be taken into consideration prior to declaring Natalee Holloway dead against the wishes of her mother.  Is this confession the "sliver of hope" that John Q. Kelly is referencing?

Janet

+++++

Father's Attorney

Judge asked to declare Natalee Holloway dead
2:00 PM, Jan 11, 2012

<snipped>

The judge ruled in September that Dave Holloway had met the legal presumption of death and it was up to someone to prove Natalee didn't die on a high school graduation trip. The father's attorney, Mark White, said no new evidence has come forward and he will ask the judge to rule Natalee dead.

<snipped>

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/221660/40/Judge-asked-to-declare-Natalee-Holloway-dead

The Selling of Natalee

Transcript:  Joran van der Sloot Goes 'On the Record' with New Natalee Holloway Story

Tuesday, November 25, 2008[/b]
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,457144,00.html

Transcript:  Fallout From Joran van der Sloot's 'On the Record' Interview
Wednesday, November 26, 2008

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,457715,00.html

Sliver of Hope

Natalee Holloway's Mom Still Hoping She Is Alive
Sept. 23, 2011

"Even if it's a one in a million chance, she wants to always have that sliver of hope," said Beth Holloway's attorney, John Q. Kelly, after a court hearing today over the contentious petition.

"She doesn't want to be in the position where Natalee could show up one day and ask, 'Why did you give up on me?'" he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/natalee-holloways-mom-clings-hope-daughter-alive/story?id=

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: January 11, 2012, 05:57:33 PM »

Klaas ... please delete post 514.  I messed up with the hilighting.

Thanks

Janet

Edit:  Done (klaas)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:53:19 PM by klaasend » Logged

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #524 on: January 11, 2012, 06:02:54 PM »

http://peru-rara.blogspot.com/2012/01/padre-de-stephany-flores-conclusion.html
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: January 11, 2012, 06:03:17 PM »

Should Joran be extradited to Alabama, he would likely die during that sentence for extortion.  Doesn't look too healthy and never has.  By then, the law will likely require cremation for prisoners to save space and so the thought of Joran burning in Alabama kind of makes me smile.

Anite won't be around to pay to have the body returned to Aruba and his brothers will have forgotten he even existed.

It could happen.

PERSONA NON GRATA

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #526 on: January 11, 2012, 07:07:22 PM »

Judged by 3 women. 
Priceless.

I hope he gets the maximum time in that hell hole and survives to come to America and die in an Alabama prison.  Then I will be satisfied.
What a POS. 

Justice for Natalee. 
Justice for Stephany.

Carry on and come across

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: January 11, 2012, 07:11:09 PM »

Her Position has not Changed

Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2012

<snipped>

Attorneys for the Holloway family said both of Natalee Holloway's parents plan to be in the Birmingham courtroom on Thursday.

Beth Holloway's attorney, John Q. Kelly, said, "Our thoughts and prayers are with the Flores family during these extraordinarily painful and public proceedings. We hope they find some measure of privacy, inner strength and peace as time goes by."

Kelly said that once van der Sloot is sentenced on Friday, he expect U.S. authorities to try to bring him to Alabama to face pending federal charges accusing him of extorting $25,000 from Beth Holloway to reveal the location of her body daughter's body in Aruba. Kelly went to Aruba for the revelation, but van der Sloot did not deliver.

Natalee Holloway's parents were divorced in 1993. She was raised by her mother in Mountain Brook, but spent every other weekend with her father, an insurance agent in Meridian, Miss.

At a court hearing in September, Beth Holloway sent a lawyer to oppose her husband's efforts to have their daughter declared dead. Kelly said Wednesday that Beth Holloway's position has not changed.

<snipped>

http://www.sunherald.com/2012/01/11/3680932/judge-asked-to-declare-natalee.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: January 11, 2012, 07:16:27 PM »

Here is the perfect pic to use.... along with the perfect headline.

"I am truly very sorry for what I have done. I feel very bad." -Joran Van der sloot

--------

He needs finishing.

Yes, sir...he does.    ::justice2NJ::

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #529 on: January 11, 2012, 08:22:16 PM »

Joran doesn't look so good.  Dead man walking.

Janet.....you didn't fail.  You did the right thing as hard as it was.  And yes time does heal.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: January 11, 2012, 08:35:34 PM »

Dave Holloway is on Nancy Grace right now!!  CNN/HLN

Janet
5:30 PM PT

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: January 11, 2012, 08:40:19 PM »

Maybe one of the confessions of Joran van der Sloot ... the main suspect in the case ... should be taken into consideration prior to declaring Natalee Holloway dead against the wishes of her mother.  Is this confession the "sliver of hope" that John Q. Kelly is referencing?

Janet

+++++

Father's Attorney

2:00 PM, Jan 11, 2012

<snipped>

The judge ruled in September that Dave Holloway had met the legal presumption of death and it was up to someone to prove Natalee didn't die on a high school graduation trip. The father's attorney, Mark White, said no new evidence has come forward and he will ask the judge to rule Natalee dead.

<snipped>

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/221660/40/Judge-asked-to-declare-Natalee-Holloway-dead

The Selling of Natalee

Transcript:  Joran van der Sloot Goes 'On the Record' with New Natalee Holloway Story
Tuesday, November 25, 2008

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,457144,00.html

Transcript:  Fallout From Joran van der Sloot's 'On the Record' Interview
Wednesday, November 26, 2008

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,457715,00.html

Sliver of Hope

Natalee Holloway's Mom Still Hoping She Is Alive
Sept. 23, 2011

"Even if it's a one in a million chance, she wants to always have that sliver of hope," said Beth Holloway's attorney, John Q. Kelly, after a court hearing today over the contentious petition.

"She doesn't want to be in the position where Natalee could show up one day and ask, 'Why did you give up on me?'" he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/natalee-holloways-mom-clings-hope-daughter-alive/story?id=

Then there is the other confession that could afford Beth Holloway a "sliver of hope" ... the confession when Joran van der Sloot claimed he left a live Natalee Holloway on the beach.

Janet

+++++++

I Left Natalee at the Beach

Transcript: Joran van der Sloot Goes 'On the Record,' Part 1
Published March 01, 2006

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186581,00.html

Transcript: Joran van der Sloot Goes 'On the Record,' Part 2
Published March 03, 2006

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186707,00.html

Transcript: Joran van der Sloot Goes 'On the Record,' Part 3
Published March 06, 2006

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186880,00.html

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: January 11, 2012, 08:41:02 PM »

Uncertainty about van der Sloot's extradition to U.S.

::snipping2::
So what are the chances van der Sloot ever ends up in Alabama to face charges he extorted money from Holloway's family in exchange for leading them to Natalee's body?

"We're really at the mercy of the Peruvian government," said former federal Judge John Carroll, Dean of Samford's Cumberland Law School. "International extradition is based on treaties, and we have a treaty that was signed in 1901."

Carroll says that 1901 treaty lists specific charges that would allow prosecutors to extradite van der Sloot and wire fraud isn't one of them, that could make it even more difficult to bring van der Sloot here.

"This goes through diplomatic channels, the state department has to be involved," Carroll said. "They could well say, come back and talk to us when he's served his five years. Now there could be some negotiations where they say, 'We'll let him come to the U.S.' I think the odds are good, eventually at some point. I think the problem is the Peruvian government, who has custody of him, we'll say, 'Look, come talk to us after his sentence is over.'"

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/16500148/uncertainty-about-van-der-sloots-extradition-to-us
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: January 11, 2012, 08:42:39 PM »

Joran doesn't look so good.  Dead man walking.

Janet.....you didn't fail.  You did the right thing as hard as it was.  And yes time does heal.

_____

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: January 11, 2012, 09:07:11 PM »

These pictures are just chilling to me.  Looking right into the eyes of a multi murderer.  He is evil.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #535 on: January 11, 2012, 09:07:14 PM »

Is that a cross on the Judges table?

It is.  So isn't a "sincere confession" one that begins "I have sinned through MY OWN FAULT" and not try to blame everybody else in the whole world?  Mea culpa!  That is all.

Roman Catholicism is the official religion of  Peru. [ Heritage of the conquest by Spain--circa 1530. ]
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: January 11, 2012, 09:10:56 PM »

I wanted to thank everyone for their pictures and links today.  I don't have much time to read and reading your comments helps.

Magnolia, I find it very ironic that Natalee's hearing to be declared dead is the day before the monster gets sentenced.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: January 11, 2012, 09:25:05 PM »

I'd recorded In Session so I'm just now watching today's proceedings.

After Joran pleads guilty...

Then his lawyer makes a statement, and most of it is about Natalee's case.  His father's death is mentioned...post traumatic stress disorder...blah blah blah.

The prosecution (lets him talk some) and then objects.

The judge agrees that Natalee's case is not the subject of the proceedings.

So then he makes a statement contradicting the prosecution's charges against Joran, regarding the areas of Stephany's body that were injured.

The judge stops him again, and starts saying something about if he starts arguing the prosecutions charges...but then In Session interrupts so I couldn't hear the rest.

Seems to me that they wanted to argue the case after the guilty plea!

And it was very obvious by Joran's reactions and body language that this is exactly how he expected his attorney to proceed.

From the commentator he continued to speak about Joran's cooperation with the authorities etc.  He also stated that his client had a right to a reduction of the sentence.

The judge said this was the conclusion of the oral debate...and was about to suspend the hearing until the judges determine the sentence for Joran.

The prosecution spoke up and said (from the translator) there was an omission in light of international law and human rights...we must say that the victim has a right to the truth.

When they pan over to Joran as the prosecutor is speaking of Stephany's rights... he has his head down shaking it "no".   ::boxingjoran::

(The prosecutor continues) So the right to a defense does not only pertain to the defendant but also to the victim.  So in view of human rights I ask for just one minute for a clarification.

The judge stops everything and confers with the other judges...

When she comes back on the microphone, she says that since the defendant has pleaded guilty he may only speak regarding civil reparations.

The prosecutor states that one element to consider is the damage, and that therefore is the acceptance in all its extremes by the defendant, this is the life projection of a 21 year old girl who was successfully completing higher education and then had her life taken from her...

I wish In Session would have let us hear the whole statement of both the lawyers!   

I haven't finished watching, but I'm glad at least this much was said for Stephany!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: January 11, 2012, 09:27:18 PM »

These pictures are just chilling to me.  Looking right into the eyes of a multi murderer.  He is evil.

Yes, he is evil.  And he should NEVER be free to harm anyone again.  EVER.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #539 on: January 11, 2012, 09:28:03 PM »

Uncertainty about van der Sloot's extradition to U.S.

::snipping2::
So what are the chances van der Sloot ever ends up in Alabama to face charges he extorted money from Holloway's family in exchange for leading them to Natalee's body?

"We're really at the mercy of the Peruvian government," said former federal Judge John Carroll, Dean of Samford's Cumberland Law School. "International extradition is based on treaties, and we have a treaty that was signed in 1901."

Carroll says that 1901 treaty lists specific charges that would allow prosecutors to extradite van der Sloot and wire fraud isn't one of them, that could make it even more difficult to bring van der Sloot here.

"This goes through diplomatic channels, the state department has to be involved," Carroll said. "They could well say, come back and talk to us when he's served his five years. Now there could be some negotiations where they say, 'We'll let him come to the U.S.' I think the odds are good, eventually at some point. I think the problem is the Peruvian government, who has custody of him, we'll say, 'Look, come talk to us after his sentence is over.'"

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/16500148/uncertainty-about-van-der-sloots-extradition-to-us

I am so in hopes that somehow, some way, through diplomatic channels & proper legalistic maneuvering, that Joran will be swiftly extradited here to Alabama, post haste, after his sentencing in Peru.   To have to answer for his behaviors in Alabama's court system has always been his phobia and his worst nightmare, in my view.  Alabama scares him silly!!!! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.