March 19, 2024, 03:26:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #862 12/23/11 - 1/13/12  (Read 403321 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: January 12, 2012, 08:19:06 AM »

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/2012/0112/Van-der-Sloot-plea-may-lead-Judge-to-declare-Natalee-Holloway-dead

Van der Sloot plea may lead Judge to declare Natalee Holloway dead
Van der Sloot accepted the Peruvian murder charges against him, Wednesday, which may allow a Judge in Alabama to declare Natalee Holloway dead based on the adjudication of Van der Sloot, the only suspect in her killing.
By PHILLIP RAWLS, Associated Press / January 12, 2012

::snipping2::
Jefferson County Probate Judge Alan King is hearing a request by Natalee Holloway's father to have her declared dead. Her mother originally objected, but will not contest a ruling Thursday, her attorney said.
The father's attorney, Mark White, said no new evidence has emerged, and he will ask the judge to rule her dead.

"We intend to point out the fact that the person who we believe is responsible for this tragedy is now an adjudicated killer," White said Wednesday.
Attorneys for the Holloway family said both of Natalee Holloway's parents plan to be in the Birmingham courtroom on Thursday.

Beth Holloway's attorney, John Q. Kelly, said, "Our thoughts and prayers are with the Flores family during these extraordinarily painful and public proceedings. We hope they find some measure of privacy, inner strength and peace as time goes by."

Kelly said that once van der Sloot is sentenced on Friday, he expect U.S. authorities to try to bring him to Alabama to face pending federal charges accusing him of extorting $25,000 from Beth Holloway to reveal the location of her body daughter's body in Aruba. Kelly went to Aruba for the revelation, but van der Sloot did not deliver.
At a court hearing in September, Beth Holloway sent a lawyer to oppose her husband's efforts to have their daughter declared dead.

The attorney, Charlie DeBardelaben, said Wednesday evening she no longer objects and she understands the reasons her ex-husband wants a ruling. "She is ready to put an end to this chapter," he said.

At that court hearing, Dave Holloway's attorney said a court order declaring her dead would allow her father to use her $2,000 college fund for her younger brother and allow the father to stop paying hospital insurance for her.

I have mixed emotions concerning this--declaring her dead for just $2000.  But if Beth agrees to it then I will support her decision.  (can't help but feel Dave's current wifey is behind this--JMO)

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: January 12, 2012, 09:56:21 AM »

Natalee death declaration in court today
Published: 5:49 am
Updated: 6:18 am

Birmingham, Ala (WIAT) Natalee Holloway will be the focus of another court case today as her father Dave tries to get a death declaration here in Birmingham.

Jefferson County Probate Judge Alan King ruled three months ago Dave Holloway had met the legal presumption of death for his daughter.   Although Beth Holloway opposed the motion at the time, she’s now willing to let the declaration go forward.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Natalee-death-declaration-in-court-today/aFQEWVVnCU6zyX5lB5GDIw.cspx

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: January 12, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »

Woke in the middle of the night and could not quit reflecting back over the last 6 years! So where do I go for comfort? To my dear Scared Monkey friends! Been a long monks! Thanks for always being here and standing for Natalee and Stephany! Kind of fitting Joran is facing all of this alone...nobody to bail him out this time! Hoping for a at least a 20 year sentence!  Nite and love you guys!

Hi cuz

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: January 12, 2012, 10:08:08 AM »

Beth Holloway opposes petition to declare Natalee dead
Posted: Sep 22, 2011 12:42 PM PDT
Updated: Sep 22, 2011 12:47 PM PDT

<snipped>

"Beth gave birth to and raised Natalee, and will always hope and pray for Natalee's safe return. If Dave seeks closure on such a personal and sensitive matter, it should be respected, but not imposed upon Beth in such an adversarial and public manner," Kelly said

<snipped>

http://www.wsfa.com/story/15526985/beth-holloway-opposes-petition-to-declare-natalee-dead

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: January 12, 2012, 10:27:05 AM »

Judge to rule today on Holloway death declaration
12:15 AM, Jan. 12, 2012

<snipped>

At a court hearing in September, Beth Holloway sent a lawyer to oppose her husband's efforts to have their daughter declared dead.

The attorney, Charlie DeBardelaben, said Wednesday evening she no longer objects and she understands the reasons her ex-husband wants a ruling.

"She is ready to put an end to this chapter," he said.

<snipped>

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20120112/NEWS02/201120316/Judge-rule-today-Holloway-death-declaration

_____

RoxiBalboa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #585 on: January 12, 2012, 10:34:15 AM »

I was just reading Renee Gielen's facebook page. When I translate what she says I get,  "that he is responsible for the disappearance of Natalee, we all  believe". I thought she was one who said he didn't do it? Changing her story?

Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: January 12, 2012, 10:54:32 AM »

Yesterday he pleaded guilty. "I'm sorry, I feel bad ...", said unconvincingly, after eligible for early termination of trial. Tomorrow Criminal Court sentenced him Friday.

Ernesto Guerrero L.

He had no alternative, incriminating evidence would have been useless to continue lying. Joran Van der Sloot accepted yesterday, in its entirety, the prosecutor's charge assigned to the murder of Peruvian student Stephany Flores Ramirez and asked the Collegiate 'B' of the Third Criminal Court in Jail Inmates eligible for early termination of the trial that follows for the horrendous crime committed in Lima on May 30, 2010.

"I'm sorry for what I did, I feel very bad ..." said 25-year Dutch fluent in Castilian, although during the first stage of not knowing the language said, seeking to annul the judges made the confession to the police for not having had a translator.

The prosecution has asked for him 30 years of prison and payment of civil damages of 200 thousand dollars. Jose Luis Jimenez, Dutch lawyer explained that the law empowers judges 28,122 to reduce the penalty to a defendant who receives a sincere confession. "I received no more than 15 years," he said.

If this were the case, Van der Sloot may request parole in 2018, benefiting from prison benefits, according to other lawyers consulted.

The criminal Estremadoyro Enrique explained that the version of the defense attorney is not accurate. "If the Board considers the fiscal demand will remain unchanged. There is case law in this regard," he said recalling that the offender Hendelbert Dolphin Parra, a member of the band left the girl Romina quadriplegic Cornejo, also welcomed the confession sincere and sentenced to life imprisonment.

http://www.larepublica.pe/12-01-2012/joran-van-der-sloot-pasaria-30-anos-en-prision-por-asesinar-stephany-flores
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: January 12, 2012, 10:57:35 AM »

Joran Van der Sloot could get eight or ten years in prison
 For the crime of homicide, it is estimated that the Dutch will get 30 years in prison, but would enjoy the benefit of the two for one

The early termination is a legal institution that can occur after the indictment. Is that the defendant accepts the charges, the penalty and civil damages. There is nothing to negotiate

For the crime of homicide, it is estimated that Van der Sloot will receive 30 years in prison. However, you can then qualify for the benefit of two to one.

This means that if I work 100 days I believe additional 50 days in jail.

You can only ask for the benefit of parole when he turns one third of his sentence. That is, 8 or 10 years and could be free.

It is very serious in a homicide case I get this kind of benefit, but it's the law.

The honest confession has nothing to do with the foregone conclusion. This occurs before the prosecution and may reduce the penalty to a third.

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1359948/noticia-joran-van-der-sloot-podria-salir-ocho-diez-anos-prision
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: January 12, 2012, 10:59:38 AM »

EnglishSpanishArabicThe Dutch press devotes a few lines to the trial of Van der Sloot
 The Dutch press today devotes little space to trial in Peru of Joran van der Sloot, the Dutch being processed by the May 2010 murder of 21 young Peruvian Stephany Flores.

The newspaper "De Volkskrant" is limited to a small column publish information from agencies that include the conviction yesterday of the Dutch before the court.

The newspaper "NRC Next" ventures into a more interpretive holder notes that the finding of guilt responds to "the hope of a normal life" in the future.

"Joran van der Sloot has admitted killing Stephany Flores with the intention of receiving a lower sentence," picks up the newspaper said.

The newspaper "De Telegraaf" only speaks of the trial of Van de Sloot in digital, while the newspaper "Dagblad Algemeene (AD)" is the only space devoted to the topic featured on the cover.

The latter newspaper said in its inside pages the impression of "desperation" that yesterday gave the defendant in the courtroom trying him in Lima.

http://noticias.terra.com.pe/internacional/la-prensa-holandesa-dedica-pocas-lineas-al-juicio-de-van-der-sloot,edad10bcf01d4310VgnVCM4000009bf154d0RCRD.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: January 12, 2012, 11:03:14 AM »

Pleads guilty to avoid 30 years in prison

KNOW

- The three drivers who covered up to Van der Sloot to leak away to Chile pleaded not guilty. For them, the prosecution has asked for five years in prison and payment of 10 000 suns.

- The public prosecutor had requested 30 years in prison for the Dutch and the payment of S/.200 thousand for the relatives of Stephany Flores.

- The European lawyer said he filed a habeas corpus because his statement to the police did not have an official translator. Neither worked in the Fourth Criminal Court because the translator had no credentials.

- The mother of Dutch had planned to come to Peru. She communicates via the Internet with your child's attorney.

- A few months ago, the alien filed a complaint with the Commission to annul the investigation into the murder of Stephany.

http://peru21.pe/2012/01/12/impresa/se-declara-culpable-evitar-30-anos-carcel-2007124
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: January 12, 2012, 11:06:18 AM »

Is declared Joran van der Sloot, a Dutch Homicide card up his sleeve  VIDEO

http://www.24horas.com.pe/24horasc/locales/99211-joran-van-der-sloot-homicida-holandes-con-una-carta-bajo-la-manga
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: January 12, 2012, 11:10:07 AM »

Joran aunt, American Mary Hammer, wants her money back. In total, she gave Joran $ 75,000 to bail out, but now no longer possible, she demands the entire amount.

This report nu.nl. The doctor from Florida has thousands of dollars for months to Van der Sloot, his mother and his Peruvian lawyers made ​​in the hope that he could get bail. She also sent him stuff and a few visits in prison. Three weeks ago, Hamer would have submitted a request for reimbursement, but so far she had not returned her money.

http://www.powned.tv/nieuws/buitenland/2012/01/jorans_suikertante_wil_geld_zi.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: January 12, 2012, 11:13:02 AM »

"Aunt Sugar" Joran wants deposit back
 AMSTERDAM - Joran van der Sloot got $ 75,000 from a U.S. to bail out. Now he no longer wants bail may be she wants her money back.
 Reported that RTL Boulevard Thursday morning on its website. "Sugar Aunt Mary Hammer want to return it to Van der Sloot's lawyer about it.

It would also Van der Sloot's mother and his Peruvian lawyers are paid by Hamer.

Hammer it payback would request three weeks ago did, but she still received no response.

http://www.nu.nl/achterklap/2713442/suikertante-joran-van-sloot-wil-borg-terug.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: January 12, 2012, 11:17:44 AM »

Penalty Van der Sloot is probably not much lower

"Listen, we all know that a lot of traffic in the morning. This must be taken into account." Judge Victoria Montoya was visibly irritated when she Peraldo yesterday had to wait half an hour before the second session of the trial of Joran van der Sloot in the Lurigancho prison in Lima finally began.

Reason for the delay? File. The three Peruvian co-defendants of the Dutch were trapped in the hellish morning of Lima. The trio is accused Joran flight in 2010, having facilitated by him to the border in Chile, whilst he would have told them that he was "something terrible" had done.

Despite all traffic yesterday was the meeting quickly. As expected, said Van der Sloot, a nervous and depressed impression, agree to the full charge of premeditated murder of Stephany Flores in May 2010. Tomorrow the judges ruling

The ball now lies with the three judges, who expected little from the required thirty years cell cuts. Peraldo Montoya, who presides the trial, has extensive experience in large business and is known as strict but fair. Taking its decision does not necessarily end the case, Joran mean, both parties can still appeal.

http://www.trouw.nl/tr/nl/4496/Buitenland/article/detail/3117130/2012/01/12/Straf-Van-der-Sloot-valt-vermoedelijk-niet-veel-lager-uit.dhtml
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: January 12, 2012, 11:22:25 AM »

Aunt Sugar Joran wants her money back
 Mary Hammer, the aunt of Joran van der Sloot, she wants $ 75,000 to Joran's lawyer made ​​his deposit to pay back.

That says John van den Heuvel on RTL Boulevard.

Mary Hammer, a wealthy American doctor from Florida, has been making thousands of dollars over ten months to Joran, his mother Anita and his Peruvian lawyers Altez and Jimenez. Similarly, the $ 75,000, which was intended to help pay the deposit.

Given the now no longer an issue that Joran was released on bail, Mary wants her money back happy. She did three weeks ago to tell Joran's lawyer Jimenez, but the best man has given no response to this request. For now it seems, then, that Mary could whistle for her money.

http://www.rtl.nl/(/actueel/rtlboulevard/crime/articleview/)/components/actueel/rtlboulevard/2012/01_januari/crime/suikertante_joran_stopt_met_financieren.xml
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: January 12, 2012, 11:45:22 AM »

TICK TOCK

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: January 12, 2012, 01:01:03 PM »

Natalee Holloway Death Hearing Today
Jan. 12, 2012

<snipped>

A court hearing in Birmingham this afternoon will determine whether Holloway, who has not been seen or heard from since she disappeared on an Aruba beach in 2005, is officially considered dead in the eyes of the law. Dave Holloway, the teen's father, claimed in the court papers that because there is no evidence Natalee is alive, the time has come to declare her legally dead.

Natalee's mother, however, opposes the court proceeding.

"Beth's position is she has no proof or indication that Natalee is still alive, but absent any proof or indication that she is dead, she always wants to hang onto that slight glimmer of hope," said Beth Holloway's attorney, John Q. Kelly. "No mother likes to, without evidence, have her daughter declared dead. She wants to carry around her around in her heart."

Kelly noted that the hearing today is likely a foregone conclusion, as the judge will ask to see any evidence that Natalee is still alive and, absent any, will declare her dead. She will either be declared dead today or after another formal waiting period, he said.

Neither he nor Holloway would attend the hearing, he said.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/News/judge-pronounce-natalee-holloway-dead-today/story?id=15346993

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: January 12, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »

http://www2.alabamas13.com/news/2012/jan/12/natalee-holloway-death-declaration-hearing-ar-3032320/

Natalee Holloway death declaration hearing
By: Paris Jackson | Alabama's13.com
Published: January 12, 2012

Thursday afternoon Birmingham Judge Alan King will decide whether to legally declare Holloway dead during a hearing.

Attorneys for Dave Holloway, Natalee's father, say he will be in attendance, as well as, her mother Beth Holloway.

The main suspect in her disappearance Joran Van der Sloot plead guilty Wednesday to killing another woman in Peru.

The hearing starts at 1:30 p.m.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #598 on: January 12, 2012, 01:25:38 PM »

OWENS: You know, there`s a little known law that could possibly allow America to indict him for murder because Natalee Holloway was a United States citizen
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/11/ng.01.html
 The diving death near Australia is going to be prosecuted in Alabama.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #599 on: January 12, 2012, 01:38:27 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.