March 19, 2024, 03:35:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #862 12/23/11 - 1/13/12  (Read 403324 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #640 on: January 12, 2012, 06:58:16 PM »

Is it possible now that Natalee is declared legally dead, that Beth and Dave can have him charged with her murder?  Does that make sense, as to what I am asking? It kind of goes against the " no body, no crime" mentality of Papa Sloot, now doesn't it?  If she is dead, then she was murdered and someone needs to be tried - don't ya think?

Highly unlikely, IMO

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #641 on: January 12, 2012, 06:58:51 PM »

Lest we not forget the beautiful song by Ericka Harvey

http://mysite.verizon.net/lls.fm1/natalee.mp3

Natalee
I know your out there, somewhere
I can feel your presence
Pulling me, closely
Now even more than ever
I promise, to find you
I will never stop until I do

Cause everytime my heart beats
I want to cry
And everytime I take a breath
I long for you by my side
Needing just to hold you if even for awhile
Someway, somehow….Natalee where are you now?

Lord can you hear me, calling
Seeking out your face
To see you, shine through
Every cold dark place
I pray for and wait for
You to take me in your sweet embrace

Chorus ...
Someway, somehow...Oh Lord stay here with me now!

Bridge:
Oh my precious child be still and know
I’m holding on to hope and I won’t let go
I need to have you here with me
This is my prayer…this is my plea

Chorus

Oh I need you with me now…………..

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: January 12, 2012, 07:18:46 PM »

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2012-01-12-madre-de-natalee-holloway-comento-caso-van-der-sloot-noticia_440118.html

Google translation

Mother of Natalee Holloway case, Van der Sloot said
Thursday, January 12, 2012 | 1:15 pm

Beth Holloway showed some relief after learning that the Dutch citizen will not be free in Peru. However, do not lose hope that he be extradited to the U.S. for the murder of his daughter.

Beth Holloway, Natalee Holloway's mother, showed some relief after learning that the Dutch citizen Joran Van der Sloot admitted killing the young Peruvian Stephany Flores.

"This provides no resolution to the case of Natalee's disappearance," said John Q. Kelly, attorney for the family, the Daily News.

The lawyer said his sponsor is comfortable knowing that Van der Sloot will not be free in Peru, but still has hope that the U.S. Justice Department the extradition of Dutch.

::snipping2::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: January 12, 2012, 07:32:57 PM »

http://noticias.terra.com/eeuu/juez-firmara-orden-declararando-a-natalee-holloway-muerta,c981d2db893d4310VgnVCM20000099f154d0RCRD.html

Google translation

Judge said that Natalee Holloway is dead
January 12, 2012 • 3:33 PM • updated at 6:09 PM

An Alabama judge released at a hearing on Thursday signed an order declaring that Natalee Holloway dead, more than six years after the teenager disappeared in the Caribbean island of Aruba. According to family lawyer, the order has already been signed.
Natalee Holloway disappeared on a graduation trip May 30, 2005, in Aruba. The last time you saw her, leaving a bar with Van der Sloot. His body was never found and the case generated much media attention worldwide.

When David asked the judge in September 2010 to declare her dead daughter, the girl's mother, Beth, objected. But this time, according to Beth's lawyer said the woman had no objection, but admitted to feeling 'sad' for the decision.

Mark White, David's lawyer, told the judge before he announced his decision, that there was no evidence that Natalee could be alive.

Beth's lawyer, John Kelly, said that once Van Der Sloot has the sentence of his trial in Peru, expects U.S. authorities to bring to Alabama to get face federal charges accusing him of extorting money from the mother Natalee. The Dutch have asked the woman $ 25,000 in exchange for revealing the whereabouts of the body of the girl.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: January 12, 2012, 07:43:42 PM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/dutchman-very-sorry-for-murder/story-fn6ck55c-1226242231858

Dutchman 'very sorry' for murder

January 12, 2012 3:24AM

JORAN van der Sloot has pleaded guilty in a Peruvian court to killing a young woman in Lima in 2010.

Prosecutors are seeking 30 years in prison for the 24-year-old Dutchman, who is also the prime suspect in the disappearance of American teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba in 2005.

Wearing a light blue, untucked shirt and blue jeans, van der Sloot fidgeted and twiddled his thumbs as he waited for the start of the court session, which was delayed by his lawyer's late arrival.

"Yes, he said, standing at a microphone, "I want to accept the anticipated conclusion and as I was thinking from the first moment always to give my sincere confession," FOX News Channel reported.

"I am truly very sorry for what I have done. I feel very bad."

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: January 12, 2012, 08:27:21 PM »

http://www.kpic.com/news/national/Judge-declares-missing-teen-Natalee-Holloway-dead--137203768.html

Judge declares missing teen Natalee Holloway dead
Story Published: Jan 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM PST

"We've been dealing with her death for the last six and a half years," he said.

He added that the judge's order closes one chapter in a long story, but added: "We've still got a long way to go to get justice.

Authorities have long worked from the assumption that the young woman was dead in Aruba, where the case was officially classified as a homicide investigation.

That investigation remains open, though there has been no recent activity, said Solicitor General Taco Stein, an official with the prosecutor's office on the Dutch Caribbean island.

"The team that was acting in that investigation still is functioning as a team and they get together whenever there is information or things are needed in the case or a new tip arrives," Stein said in a phone interview Thursday.

Serenity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #646 on: January 12, 2012, 08:29:55 PM »

Read that one of the reasons Dave wanted to declare her dead is so that he would not have to pay insurance on her anymore.Being in the medical billing field I am confused by this. When a person pays for their childs insurance it is the same for 1 child or 10.If he is paying for his son's insurance,then that amount paid would cover all the children in the family.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #647 on: January 12, 2012, 08:32:12 PM »

I can't imagine how difficult this day must've been for Beth. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: January 12, 2012, 08:40:29 PM »

Read that one of the reasons Dave wanted to declare her dead is so that he would not have to pay insurance on her anymore.Being in the medical billing field I am confused by this. When a person pays for their childs insurance it is the same for 1 child or 10.If he is paying for his son's insurance,then that amount paid would cover all the children in the family.

I agree.  That's why I'm thinking it had to be some kind of life insurance and not health. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: January 12, 2012, 08:45:49 PM »

I agree.  That's why I'm thinking it had to be some kind of life insurance and not health. 

Serenity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #650 on: January 12, 2012, 08:51:10 PM »

Still breaks my heart.I can't imagine how Beth feels.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #651 on: January 12, 2012, 09:44:03 PM »

Still breaks my heart.I can't imagine how Beth feels.

I saw a clip of her earlier tonight being followed by a throng of reporters who were asking how she feels about it. I think this is a quote of her answer, if not, it's close; "Natalee's Father felt this was something he needed to see through (pause) and it makes me sad."

Her demeanor was very strained and the last part of her answer was said haltingly.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #652 on: January 12, 2012, 09:53:36 PM »

Picture from the clip I saw:

Beth Holloway is pursued by reporters following a hearing in Birmingham, Ala.,Thursday, Jan. 12, 2012. An Alabama probate judge disclosed at the hearing that he will sign an order declaring Natalee Holloway dead

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/beth-holloway-pursued-reporters-following-hearing-birmingham-ala-photo-014556806.html
crazybabyborg
« Reply #653 on: January 12, 2012, 10:41:16 PM »

CBB, snoopy, texasmom, tesfan, Frijole, Magnolia, MAca, Magic Eyes, San and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Group hug, guys.   
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #654 on: January 12, 2012, 10:46:32 PM »

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} to you too CBB.

I just can't believe it's been this long.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #655 on: January 12, 2012, 10:50:07 PM »

Justice will come for Natalee. The emptiness she left behind will never be filled.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #656 on: January 12, 2012, 10:52:20 PM »

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} to you too CBB.

I just can't believe it's been this long.

Me either, Snoopy.

Just have to say that I feel so honored to have passed this "vigil" with you wonderful and caring people.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: January 12, 2012, 11:17:27 PM »

Judge has declared Natalee Holloway legally dead
sted: Jan 12, 2012 4:03 AM PST
Updated: Jan 12, 2012 2:10 PM PST

<snipped>

FOX6 was told that Beth Holloway wouldn't address the media after today's hearing, but she did tell Jonathan Hardison, "Natalee's father wanted to see this through, and of course it makes me very sad."

<snipped>

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/16503840/judge-may-decide-on-declaring-natalee-holloway-legally-dead

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #658 on: January 12, 2012, 11:18:45 PM »

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/16500148/uncertainty-about-van-der-sloots-extradition-to-us

Uncertainty about van der Sloot's extradition to U.S.

"We're really at the mercy of the Peruvian government," said former federal Judge John Carroll, Dean of Samford's Cumberland Law School. "International extradition is based on treaties, and we have a treaty that was signed in 1901."

Carroll says that 1901 treaty lists specific charges that would allow prosecutors to extradite van der Sloot and wire fraud isn't one of them, that could make it even more difficult to bring van der Sloot here.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #659 on: January 12, 2012, 11:23:58 PM »

CBB, snoopy, texasmom, tesfan, Frijole, Magnolia, MAca, Magic Eyes, San and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Group hug, guys.   

an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.