March 19, 2024, 03:01:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #862 12/23/11 - 1/13/12  (Read 403316 times)
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #940 on: January 13, 2012, 06:06:47 PM »

Demonstration: A man holds posters of Joran Van der Sloot, left, and Peruvian girl Stephany Flores outside the Lurigancho prison where Van der Sloot was being read his sentence for murdering the woman

Note that the photo of Stephany also has a photo of Natalee.  I think the Peruvians understand.  ::boxingjoran::

This chokes me up.  I like these Peruvians.

Challapalca him!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #941 on: January 13, 2012, 06:13:40 PM »

I posted this on another forum~

Since JVS has to pay restitution to the family of Stephany Flores, can they not confiscate monies he receives in jail?

It seems to me, JVS is ego driven, needs to be number 1. We've heard stories of him attacking a prison guard, shanking at least 3 fellow inmates, stories of JVS having cell phones, flat screen tv's.

We've also heard if you have money, you could buy protection. 

Ricardo Flores is supposed to have an upcoming press conference discussing the privleges JVS is afforded. I have to say, I don't blame him at all.   

Now that JVS has been sentenced as a convicted murderer and thief, I'd like to think they'll either transport him to another facility or keep him there without all the privleges he's been granted.    ::boxingjoran::

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #942 on: January 13, 2012, 06:24:34 PM »

Finally, after all this time, I have lived to see that smirk taken off Joran's face!  He was NOT smirking today.

It's not funny to him any more.

When Joran told the judge/clerk first thing that reading the numbers was not important and she said that it was, I loved it.  She enumerated each and every thing possible, even license plates, ages, legal statutes, numbers numbers numbers.  I could visibly see it pushing him nearer and nearer the edge and yet he didn't dare react.

Of course, I have no doubt this would be a death penalty case here in Alabama, today is a very good day for justice just the same.

I would like for him to stand trial for the extortion charges as that is yet another crime he committed.  To have him come here much later in his life to serve a lengthy sentence where he would likely die of old age in prison and be buried in a lonely pauper's prison grave in the land of Natalee seems like justice to me.

But there is no price he can pay that is equal to the lives he took and the lives he destoryed. 

But I am very pleased with his sentence today. 

I'm behind, but your post sums it up pretty well for me too.  I was able to listen and watch some while I worked today.  Everyone that I work with was interested in the outcome too.

I thought Joran was going to faint at times...or blow up at times.  It was the most tedious and long reading of a sentence that I've ever heard, I thoroughly enjoyed watching him sweat and be so uncomfortable!   

From my understanding I think the only thing that took time off of his sentence was the time he has already served.

I am pleased with the sentence. 

I hope now that his funding dwindles so he finds out what life is really like in prison there.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #943 on: January 13, 2012, 06:25:10 PM »

For safety issues i believe that he will be protected. He may have computers, flat TVs, etc in jail but he still in jail ...lets see who will financially support this monster for so many years... Anita needs to stop playing Bingo and save all her money to protect her monster
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #944 on: January 13, 2012, 06:27:57 PM »

Hi Blah - yes she is being deposed in the Kalpoe vs. Dr. Phil case which is set to go to trial in April of this year (keeps being delayed)

Holy crap - that mess is still going on???

Hi blah,
good to see you.
Yes it is very true - as Klassend posted, it's for the Dr. Phil/Kalpoe case. She's been busy trying to get rid of documents that dr. phils attorney's have requested.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: January 13, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »

Congratulations to you all!

I don't think his ego can take this; he'll probably kill himself (his last killing...). Or he will be killed.

Unfortunately there will never be a real closure for the family of Natalee; he will never tell where her body is; if Natalee would be found that would incriminate him even more.

But this is the end of the Urine van der Ditch-story... Hopefully

We've got Stephany's trial behind us now, but there's still so much left in regard to justice for Natalee.  I hope you continue to stay with us EuRobert in the quest for justice.  There's more to come, imo.

::justice2NJ::

It's not over, and I hope EuRobert will stay with us too!   

::justice2NJ::

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #946 on: January 13, 2012, 06:30:41 PM »

HEY ARUBA ... take a good look at what justice looks like.

Joran van der Sloot had no Aruba, no pappa Sloot, no connections, no cronyism, no Tourism board more concerned with their tourism than human life. Look what happens when the "Little Sporter" was just tried for a crime and the LE, prosecutors and Judges did their jobs unimpeded.

When 30 was the max ... 28 years is damn good. There is no way JVDS will be able to keep his nose clean and get out on good behavior. He could not do so when he was out in the free world, wait until the anniversary arrises of May 30.

Hey Aruba ... you could have prevented all this. Thank you so little.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: January 13, 2012, 06:33:19 PM »

Good Shot, Northern. That captures what I saw after the sentence came down!

Joran's not having a good day. 

Yes, he didn't like it one bit!  I loved it!   

When I started telling the others at work how he was reacting, they all came and gathered around my computer to watch!

::boxingjoran::

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: January 13, 2012, 06:33:46 PM »

Can someone determine what his tattoo says?

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #949 on: January 13, 2012, 06:35:42 PM »

Joran van der Sloot had no Aruba, no pappa Sloot, no connections, no cronyism, no Tourism board more concerned with their tourism than human life. Look what happens when the "Little Sporter" was just tried for a crime and the LE, prosecutors and Judges did their jobs unimpeded.

When 30 was the max ... 28 years is damn good. There is no way JVDS will be able to keep his nose clean and get out on good behavior. He could not do so when he was out in the free world, wait until the anniversary arrises of May 30.

Hi Red!!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: January 13, 2012, 06:37:26 PM »

Case Number: BC363201
DEEPAK KALPOE VS PHILLIP C MCGRAW

Filing Date: 12/13/2006
Case Type: Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

01/03/2012 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion to Dismiss (THIRD MOTION TO DISMISS ANDREQUEST FOR TERMINATING SANCTIONS)

04/16/2012 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion to Strike (PLAINTIFFS' EXPERT WITNESS ROBERT A. LEONARD)

04/18/2012 at 08:32 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Final Status Conference (T/D 4-23-2012)

04/23/2012 at 08:33 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial (J/T 35 DAY EST.)

The same Robert A. Leonard?

Janet

+++++

ROBERT A. LEONARD, Ph.D

Robert A. Leonard, Ph.D. is Professor of Linguistics at Hofstra University. His specialty is Forensic Linguistics as applied to U.S. law. He directs the Linguistics Program and the Forensic Linguistics Internships. A Fulbright Fellow for his Ph.D. research, he received his B.A. from Columbia College, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and his M.A., M.Phil., and Ph.D. from Columbia Graduate School, where he was a Faculty Fellow. He is lead researcher at Robert Leonard Associates, a consulting firm.

Leonard’s linguistic specialty of Forensic Linguistics applies the science of linguistic investigation to issues of U.S. law. Forensic Linguistics augments legal analysis by applying rigorous, scientifically accepted principles of analysis to legal evidence like contracts, confessions, and recorded speech.

<snipped>

http://people.hofstra.edu/robert_a_leonard/

Lawsuit Claim

Surinamese brothers sue Dr. Phil for defamation
Daily News Wire
Article Last Updated: 06/13/2008 08:52:49 AM PDT

LOS ANGELES - Two brothers who filed an $800 million defamation suit against Dr. Phil McGraw and CBS over a broadcast concerning the disappearance of Natalee Holloway are already too tarnished to claim libel, according to attorneys for the defendants.

<snipped>

A lawsuit filed in December 2006 by Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe maintains they were defamed in a Sept. 15, 2005, "Dr. Phil" show, when it was alleged they gave Holloway a date-rape drug and had non- consensual group sex with her. They also contend the episode implied they helped kill Holloway and dispose of her body.

The "Dr. Phil" segment included statements by Deepak Kalpoe that were "significantly manipulated and altered," the suit alleges. In addition to defamation, the Kalpoes' suit alleges invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

But in court papers filed Wednesday, attorneys for CBS, McGraw and Kay Skeeters -- widow of Jeremy Skeeters, a private investigator hired by McGraw to interview Deepak Kalpoe -- maintain the brothers are "libel-proof."

They say the brothers' reputations were irreparably stained by prior published accounts of the Holloway case, meaning they cannot claim to have been damaged by the "Dr. Phil" broadcast.

<snipped>

http://origin.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_9575645

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #951 on: January 13, 2012, 06:39:49 PM »

I think is the bella vita  I can't see what it says...I think it says june 10?
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #952 on: January 13, 2012, 06:43:17 PM »

Monkey Devil!

Bella Vita!!  Monkey Devil!

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #953 on: January 13, 2012, 06:45:03 PM »

I think i read it as "GUILTY AS SIN"
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #954 on: January 13, 2012, 06:45:12 PM »

Or Mommie and Daddy (where are you?)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: January 13, 2012, 06:45:38 PM »

When 30 was the max ... 28 years is damn good.  There is no way JVDS will be able to keep his nose clean and get out on good behavior. He could not do so when he was out in the free world, wait until the anniversary arrises of May 30.

Great post Red!  

SO TRUE!  Joran has FINALLY faced JUSTICE, but there are MANY others with blood on their hands in ARUBA.  Natalee's as well as Stephany's and any other victims we may not even know about.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: January 13, 2012, 06:46:58 PM »

The result of Aruba covering up the murder of Natalee is this.  Stephany murdered and Joran 28 years in a Peruvian prison.   Is that the cost of protecting tourism?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/01/13/joran-van-der-sloot-to-be-sentenced-for-murder-peruvian-woman/?test=latestnews

Joran van der Sloot - In His Own Words

Confession: Joran van der Sloot describes killing Stephany Flores
Published: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 2:51 PM
Updated: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 4:11 PM

<snipped>

Asked for a detailed description of the killing:

"She was on the bed when I hit her hard with my right elbow and I think her head went back and hit the wall, then she begins to bleed, immediately I get on top of her and with both hands I begin to strangle her, keeping her that way for a minute. After that, I throw her to the floor but she keeps breathing. At that moment I take off my shirt and put it on her face, pressing on it. I don't remember for how long but she stops breathing, in this way I think I caused her death."

<snipped>

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/06/confession_joran_van_der_sloot.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #957 on: January 13, 2012, 06:47:54 PM »

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: January 13, 2012, 06:52:12 PM »

The Writing was on the Wall

Monkeys Media Reminder … Beth Holloway & Peter R. DeVries on Dana Pretzer Show on Scared Monkeys Radio
February 13th, 2008

Beth Holloway:

47:50 - "I feel strongly that he (Joran) is a time bomb that is waiting to go off.  He will strike again.  It is not just for Natalee that I would like to see him behind bars.  I think he has shown us all he has no control over himself or his actions."

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/2008/02/13/monkeys-media-reminder-beth-holloway-peter-r-devries-on-dana-pretzer-show-on-scared-monkeys-radio/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: January 13, 2012, 06:53:19 PM »

I think i read it as "GUILTY AS SIN"

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.