March 28, 2024, 01:34:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #862 12/23/11 - 1/13/12  (Read 403681 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2011, 08:34:43 AM »

To all the Monkeys and our Guest Monkeys ... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL FROM SCARED MONKEYS …

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/12/25/merry-christmas-2011-from-scared-monkeys-glory-to-the-new-born-king/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2011, 06:50:14 PM »

Merry Christmas to my Monkey friends

Best wishes for a blessed Holiday Season

DITTO--I am a Monkey of few words. I must be in the 'speak no evil' catagory!  Monkey Devil! 
THANK YOU RED!    ::justice2NJ::  ::boxingjoran::

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2011, 07:23:27 PM »

To all the Monkeys and our Guest Monkeys ... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL FROM SCARED MONKEYS …

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/12/25/merry-christmas-2011-from-scared-monkeys-glory-to-the-new-born-king/

Thanks Red, Merry Christmas!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2011, 11:36:19 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/41333-buskeda-intensivo-panort-di-aruba.html

Papiamentu translation:

bulto cu much drugs at mouth wariruri

sunday, 25 december 2011 15:42

diadomingo pasco nightfall police owing to wordo send in the area panort of aruba caminda have bultonan of drugs is drief. at once owing to saca helicopter also for so police can haci one buskeda in the area in lama. the patrol on ground owing to come across cu hendenan cu owing to mustranan where the bulto of drugs was. polisnan uniforma owing to as the area one bit sigura for so the buskeda can owing to wordo haci. departamento of drugs also owing to present at the lugar. they did take one bulto cu more or less one overall of 25 kilo of cocaina in various package. on lama the helicopter of police not owing to come across nothing more. here algo owing to go robez in the dropping cu was have. do not first trip cu is achieve bultonan cu is arrive ground. in pasado till even owing to detene person hour cu they owing to fly cu the bultonan mara cu cabuya y swim come ground. kizas have more bulto cu owing to come ground but eseynan if not owing to being achieve. as esun cu owing to come trece the go cune or others owing to happen hand pe y descend at water without calling police. on the photograph can achieve one view of the bulto of drugs carga for two acolyte of the departamento seccion crimen organiza cu is atende cu drugs.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2011, 08:33:49 PM »

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and has a great new year.   January should be interesting. 

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2011, 08:35:38 PM »

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and has a great new year.   January should be interesting. 

Sleuth!  It's good to see you!  ITA, January should be interesting indeed~ 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2011, 01:23:56 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/gallery.html?func=viewcategory&catid=540

Saturday Night @ Confession 24dec'11

This one's just creepy imo...I think that's Valentijn...top left...     

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2011, 01:42:55 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/gallery.html?func=viewcategory&catid=532

Ladies night @ Confession 21dec'11

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 09:12:01 AM »

Case Number: BC363201
DEEPAK KALPOE VS PHILLIP C MCGRAW

Filing Date: 12/13/2006
Case Type: Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

01/03/2012 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion to Dismiss (THIRD MOTION TO DISMISS ANDREQUEST FOR TERMINATING SANCTIONS)

04/16/2012 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion to Strike (PLAINTIFFS' EXPERT WITNESSROBERT A. LEONARD)

04/18/2012 at 08:32 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Final Status Conference (T/D 4-23-2012)

04/23/2012 at 08:33 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial (J/T 35 DAY EST.)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2011, 10:47:15 AM »

Thanks Klaas!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2011, 12:44:37 PM »

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/dec/25/gift-of-life/

Vivian Marx is shown on her island cruise shortly before her near-drowning experience.

Gift of life

What began as a dream cruise for Spokane’s Vivian Marx became a medical nightmare after a near-drowning accident

Rebecca Nappi The Spokesman-Review

Jeannine Marx Fruci of Spokane almost died when she was born in 1955. She now knows why she didn’t.

“I was supposed to live to save her,” she says, touching the arm of her mother, Vivian Marx.

And then Fruci cries. Her mom does, too.

This Christmas day tale is part tear-jerker, part horror story – and many parts miracle.

It began the second week in October when Marx, 81, along with a dozen friends from Fairwood Retirement Village in north Spokane, boarded a cruise ship in Florida headed for the Panama Canal. On Oct. 13, the ship docked in Aruba. Marx signed up for an island excursion that included snorkeling.

But Marx had never snorkeled before. Yes, she says now, even 81-year-olds feel peer pressure.

“My mouthpiece didn’t fit, and I didn’t know how to work the fins,” she said. “I got saltwater in (the mouthpiece). That panicked me. Finally, I just got exhausted. The last thing I remembered was looking down and here was this fish and it was like looking into a fishbowl.”

A few hours later, Fruci, 56, who visiting a friend in Oakland, Calif., received a phone call from the Fairwood activities director. She told her that Marx was found floating face-down, her snorkeling equipment beside her.

An off-duty emergency room nurse and doctor who happened to be on the beach that day did CPR for 25 minutes. It finally worked.

Marx sat up on the beach and asked, “What’s going on?”

She was taken by ambulance to the hospital in Aruba. When Fruci talked to her mother by phone “she sounded normal,” Fruci said.

Marx’s travel companions returned to the cruise ship. The ship waited an extra hour so Marx’s belongings could be taken off the ship for later transport to the hospital.

Marx’s companions thought she would be kept under observation for a day or two, and then somehow catch up to the cruise ship.

But when people experience a near drowning, complications don’t often present for several hours. Saltwater insidiously irritates and compromises the lungs; infections set in. The body retains fluid. Organs can shut down.

Within 24 hours, the Marx siblings – Michael, Marie, Martin and Jeannine – knew their mom was in deep trouble. She could barely breathe when she spoke with them on the phone.

Fruci caught a red-eye from Oakland to Atlanta and then onto Aruba, landing on the Caribbean Sea island Oct. 16.

The nurses had warned Fruci that she would not be allowed to see her mother until the evening visiting hour. But the on-duty doctor took mercy on her, and Fruci was secreted into the room.

Marx was on a ventilator, heavily sedated and swollen from fluid retention.

“My mother looked like the Michelin man,” Fruci said. “I didn’t recognize her. I absolutely thought she was going to die.

“I just started whispering in mom’s ear: ‘I’m here. I’m taking you home.’ She started crying, so I knew she heard me.”

Next mission: Get Mom out of Aruba.

Fruci’s sister, Marie, is a former flight attendant whose friends own an air medical evacuation company in the Southwest. The company grandfathered Marx a membership, which slashed the cost of the air evacuation from $35,000 to $18,000.

Fruci’s mom became the talk of Aruba. A taxi driver begged Fruci not to tell the near-drowning story, because “tourism is our only industry.”

The owner of the snorkeling company tracked down Fruci, worried that family members would sue. (They won’t.)

By Oct. 18, all was ready for the air evacuation to Miami. A nurse handed Fruci a bill.

Fruci said, “No, you have to bill my mom’s insurance.”

An administrator then appeared.

“She explained that I have to pay my mother’s bill in full, or they cannot release (her),” Fruci said.

“I said, ‘What would happen if I couldn’t pay?’ She said, ‘Your mother would stay here.’ ”

Fruci called her husband in Spokane. Dave Fruci said, “Pay the bill.”

Fruci handed the administrator a credit card. The charge? Nearly $14,000.

::snipping2::

Marx weaned off the ventilator quickly. She and Fruci flew home to Spokane on Oct. 27, two weeks after the near drowning.

Marx then recovered at the Fruci’s home in north Spokane and moved back to her Fairwood apartment just a week ago. Lingering symptoms? A nagging cough and physical balance issues.

Mother and daughter are counting blessings this holiday.

Fruci is grateful for those friends’ prayers, and for her husband, Dave, who handled many of the logistics stateside with his usual competent calm.

She is grateful for her two grown daughters who kept her laughing. (They have nicknamed the adventure: “Aruba Gone Wild.”)

Fruci is also grateful for her siblings.

“Even though I was the only one physically there in Aruba, they were all living it and going through it, too,” she said.

The family greatly appreciates the excellent medical care in Miami, as well as the long-distance help Marx’s doctors provided from Spokane.

Marx is grateful that she doesn’t really remember anything from the fishbowl moment until “waking up” in Miami.

“In Aruba, just faintly, I remember Jeannine,” Marx said. “I knew then I was going to fight to live.”

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2011, 03:29:11 PM »

Case Number: BC363201
DEEPAK KALPOE VS PHILLIP C MCGRAW

Filing Date: 12/13/2006
Case Type: Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

01/03/2012 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion to Dismiss (THIRD MOTION TO DISMISS ANDREQUEST FOR TERMINATING SANCTIONS)

04/16/2012 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion to Strike (PLAINTIFFS' EXPERT WITNESSROBERT A. LEONARD)

04/18/2012 at 08:32 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Final Status Conference (T/D 4-23-2012)

04/23/2012 at 08:33 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial (J/T 35 DAY EST.)

Thanks Klaas.

The same Robert A. Leonard?

Between the outcomes of the Stephany Flores murder case and the Kalpoes defamation lawsuit ... the New Year will prove to be very interesting for those following the Natalee Holloway case.

Janet

+++++

ROBERT A. LEONARD, Ph.D

Robert A. Leonard, Ph.D. is Professor of Linguistics at Hofstra University. His specialty is Forensic Linguistics as applied to U.S. law. He directs the Linguistics Program and the Forensic Linguistics Internships. A Fulbright Fellow for his Ph.D. research, he received his B.A. from Columbia College, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and his M.A., M.Phil., and Ph.D. from Columbia Graduate School, where he was a Faculty Fellow. He is lead researcher at Robert Leonard Associates, a consulting firm.

Leonard’s linguistic specialty of Forensic Linguistics applies the science of linguistic investigation to issues of U.S. law. Forensic Linguistics augments legal analysis by applying rigorous, scientifically accepted principles of analysis to legal evidence like contracts, confessions, and recorded speech.

<snipped>

http://people.hofstra.edu/robert_a_leonard/

Lawsuit Claim

Surinamese brothers sue Dr. Phil for defamation
Daily News Wire
Article Last Updated: 06/13/2008 08:52:49 AM PDT

LOS ANGELES - Two brothers who filed an $800 million defamation suit against Dr. Phil McGraw and CBS over a broadcast concerning the disappearance of Natalee Holloway are already too tarnished to claim libel, according to attorneys for the defendants.

<snipped>

A lawsuit filed in December 2006 by Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe maintains they were defamed in a Sept. 15, 2005, "Dr. Phil" show, when it was alleged they gave Holloway a date-rape drug and had non- consensual group sex with her. They also contend the episode implied they helped kill Holloway and dispose of her body.

The "Dr. Phil" segment included statements by Deepak Kalpoe that were "significantly manipulated and altered," the suit alleges. In addition to defamation, the Kalpoes' suit alleges invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

But in court papers filed Wednesday, attorneys for CBS, McGraw and Kay Skeeters -- widow of Jeremy Skeeters, a private investigator hired by McGraw to interview Deepak Kalpoe -- maintain the brothers are "libel-proof."

They say the brothers' reputations were irreparably stained by prior published accounts of the Holloway case, meaning they cannot claim to have been damaged by the "Dr. Phil" broadcast.

<snipped>

http://origin.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_9575645

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2011, 07:17:20 PM »

Texasmom, thank you for the article, "Gift of Life."

If not for her family, Vivian could have died in Aruba.  How disappointing that the taxi driver was so concerned about their tourism-based economy over the health and safety of a guest on their island.  Also, it might be a good idea for the hospital and the staff to reevaluate procedures involved in the treatment of accident victims and the bill collections.

Making a note to myself to add medical evacuation to my travel insurance.  That had to be a frightening experience for Vivian and her family!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »

http://arubaherald.com/politics/1860-minister-mike-de-meza-on-valero-shut-down-rumor.html

Minister Mike de Meza on Valero shut down rumor       
Monday, 26 December 2011 21:16

In a newspaper interview, Minister of Finance and Energy Mike de Meza said Valero Refinery has not decided to close the Aruba refinery, but the government knows that Valero, like other international corporations, is going through difficulties. He said there were two parallel crises affecting the industry: the financial economic crisis and the energy crisis.

This is causing imbalance on the world market and is a major challenge, he said. The crude prices are affecting product prices, the dynamics are not what they used to be in the past. Different corporations are closing refineries and Valero also has its challenges dealing with the world market situation, according to the minister. He explained that while in the past refineries would purchase crude three to six months in advance, they are at present only making purchases for one month at a time, since forecasts cannot be made for a few months in advance anymore. The minister said that this brings speculation, but he did not want to say that the information is not true, because a decision has not been taken yet. The government is aware that Valero has big challenges, and they are in daily contact with Valero as well as other countries to keep a tab on what is taking place and what the government can possibly do to help and guarantee that the Aruba refinery remains active.   ::snipping2::

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 11:29:37 PM »

::justice2NJ::

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2011, 01:11:21 AM »

That near-drowning story is a horror one!  Imagine holding a person hostage if they can't pay their bill at the hospital.  And imagie if we did that in this country, the money we would save by duress on those who are not citizens here.  That is made worse by the fact that tourists are how Aruba makes its living unlike in this country where we are usually just stuck with the bill anyway.

Obviously, tourists are to be used for income only and if one of them needs something, well make them pay at all costs.

Aruba has learned nothing.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2011, 11:45:07 AM »

That near-drowning story is a horror one!  Imagine holding a person hostage if they can't pay their bill at the hospital.  And imagie if we did that in this country, the money we would save by duress on those who are not citizens here.  That is made worse by the fact that tourists are how Aruba makes its living unlike in this country where we are usually just stuck with the bill anyway.

Obviously, tourists are to be used for income only and if one of them needs something, well make them pay at all costs.

Aruba has learned nothing.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2011, 02:33:16 PM »

The Beth Holloway Interview
by Rachel Cohen

What prompted you to write the book “Loving Natalee: A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith”?

The writing of the book actually evolved over a period of time. Shortly after this happened to Natalee, I made a pledge that I would share her story with every high school I could, because I hoped that no other family would have to endure the challenges that we faced during our first few weeks in Aruba. I lived in Aruba for about four months while I was searching for her, and during the fifth month, I thought it was time for me to make good on my pledge as Natalee’s case was now in the hands of John Kelly, attorney at law. I began traveling and, over the course of two years, presented personal safety messages to over 20,000 high school and college students in 22 states. During this time I thought, “How could I reach more travelers?” and I started thinking about writing a book.

++++

Loving Natalee: A Mother's Testament Of Hope And Faith

The True Story of the Aruba Kidnapping and Its Aftermath

By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Publisher: Harperone; 1 edition (Sep 27 2007)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0061452270
ISBN-13: 978-0061452277

s.t.

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/natalee-holloway/the-beth-holloway-interview
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:18:18 PM by San » Logged

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2011, 02:37:47 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2011, 02:38:21 PM »

::justice2NJ::

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.