March 18, 2024, 10:55:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #862 12/23/11 - 1/13/12  (Read 403280 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: January 06, 2012, 11:18:05 AM »

http://www.newsday.com/news/world/joran-van-der-sloot-enters-court-for-murder-trial-1.3432977
Joran van der Sloot enters court for murder trial
January 6, 2012

Photo credit: AP | Joran Van der Sloot, center, enters the courtroom for the start of his murder trial held at the San Jorge prison in Lima, Peru. (Jan. 6, 2012)

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2012, 11:22:37 AM »

live stream

http://video.foxnews.com/video-live-streaming.html?video_id=1155606982001
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2012, 11:25:06 AM »

Adjourn to January 11th at 11 am.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2012, 11:26:35 AM »

Trial has been postponed until Jan. 11th  ::boxingjoran::  ::boxingjoran::

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2012, 11:28:01 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/InSession

BREAKING NEWS: #JoranvanderSloot's trial was suspended. The panel says court will resume January 11.
Like · Comment · @InSession on Twitter · a few seconds ago via Twitter.

‎#JoranvanderSloot's potential fine is $200,000 soles, which is over $74,000 in US currency.

The prosecution requests a 30 year sentence for #JoranvanderSloot
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2012, 11:28:02 AM »

Thank you everyone for the links, articles and info!  I'm holding onto hope there will be justice.   ::justice2NJ::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
EURobert
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2012, 11:31:27 AM »

What I understand from comments on other sites is that Joran wants time to consider if wants to plea guilty or not.
I understand that he wanted to confess but not at the exact complaint of the prosecutor.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2012, 11:31:42 AM »

Postponed.................. geez...........
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: January 06, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »

http://twitter.com/#!/InSession

InSession In Session
BREAKING NEWS: #JoranvanderSloot's trial is suspended. The judge panel says court will resume January 11.
7 minutes ago
»
In Session
InSession In Session
#JoranvanderSloot's potential fine is $200,000 soles, which is over $74,000 in US currency.
10 minutes ago
HLN News and Views
HLNTV HLN News and Views
by InSession
@
Can't watch the #JoranvanderSloot trial live? @insession is tweeting live updates today. #FF
17 minutes ago
In Session
InSession In Session
The prosecution requests a 30 year sentence for #JoranvanderSloot
16 minutes ago
In Session
InSession In Session
#JoranvanderSloot is standing while the prosecutor gives his opening statement.
25 minutes ago
angela pecheone
booker54 angela pecheone
by InSession
@InSession When they make the movie i think Ben Foster would be perfect to play Joran...Just saying
36 minutes ago
In Session
InSession In Session
#JoranvanderSloot is requesting for the prosecutor to speak slowly because he is having a hard time understanding.
31 minutes ago
In Session
InSession In Session
The prosecutor wants to introduce new evidence including an overheard conversation b/w #JoranvanderSloot and Stephany Flores.
35 minutes ago
In Session
InSession In Session
#JoranvanderSloot's translators are for English and Dutch.
1 hour ago
In Session
InSession In Session
The panel is talking to #JoranvanderSloot about the use of the interpreters.
1 hour ago
In Session
InSession In Session
Interpreters for #JoranvanderSloot are taking the oath.
1 hour ago
In Session
InSession In Session
The panel of judges just entered court and trial is underway for #JoranvanderSloot
1 hour ago
In Session
InSession In Session
#JoranvanderSloot in court NOW! Tune in! If he pleads guilty today, sentencing occurs next week.
1 hour ago
In Session
InSession In Session
Tune in NOW! We're LIVE in Peru for #JoranvanderSloot's murder trial.
1 hour ago
In Session
InSession In Session
Less than 10 MINS until we're LIVE from Peru hlntv.com/article/2012/0…
1 hour ago
In Session
InSession In Session
StephanyFlores fam told @InSession“The family will be content with whatever the outcome is today,and whatever sentence the judges decide.”
1 hour ago
In Session
InSession In Session
Tune in now! #JoranvanderSloot's interpreter talks about his confession, police interrogation.
1 hour ago
In Session
InSession In Session
Tune in all day as we air Jean Casarez’s EXCLUSIVE interview with #JoranvanderSloot’s attorney. LIVE trial starts in 30mins!
1 hour ago
In Session
InSession In Session
Giovanna Gismondi says the judges will decide if this is a “sincere confession” from #JoranvanderSloot based on the amount of evidence.
2 hours ago
In Session
InSession In Session
Giovanna Gismondi says #JoranvanderSloot will face a panel of three judges. The judges will determine if this is a “sincere confession.”
2 hours ago
In Session
InSession In Session
Joining us now, Giovanna Gismondi gives an expert opinion on Peruvian law. #JoranvanderSloot’s trial airs LIVE starting at 10a.
2 hours ago
In Session
InSession In Session
Tune in to @insession we are breaking down the joran van der sloot trial, before it starts live at 10am et!
2 hours ago
In Session
InSession In Session
Tune in now for more details surrounding #JoranvanderSloot’s guilty plea.At 10a/ET we’ll take you inside the Peruvian courtroom.
2 hours ago
In Session
InSession In Session
Good Morning! We're less than 30 mins away from the latest news on #JoranvanderSloot's plea deal and more coverage of MI v. Stewart.
2 hours ago
In Session
InSession In Session
#JoranvanderSloot's trial may be a no go! His attorney says he will plead guilty to all charges against him for strangling a Peruvian girl
3 hours ago

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »

What I understand from comments on other sites is that Joran wants time to consider if wants to plea guilty or not.
I understand that he wanted to confess but not at the exact complaint of the prosecutor.

Hmmm.     I wonder what Joran's up to  now. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2012, 11:34:44 AM »

http://twitter.com/#!/InSession

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
by InSession
Joran van der Sloot does NOT plead guilty...given more time - back in court Jan 11...
3 minutes ago
In Session
InSession In Session
Stephany Flores' family is holding a press conference. Tune in NOW!
3 minutes ago

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2012, 11:35:22 AM »

I know what you mean CBB.     But it's a Sloot, so no surprise really.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2012, 11:35:27 AM »

Joran van der Sloot to Begin Peru Murder Trial
Published January 05, 2012

<snipped

Prosecutors are seeking a 30-year prison sentence for Van der Sloot on murder and theft charges in a trial that will be held at Lima's Lurigancho prison. He is accused of murdering Flores with "ferocity and great cruelty," and prosecutors say he also stole 600 soles, about $220, from the victim.

<snipped>

The defense will argue that Van der Sloot killed Flores in a state of emotional distress.

"We will challenge the aggravating factors (charged by the prosecution) and seek to reduce the charge from first-degree murder to simple homicide," Jimenez said. That charge carries a prison sentence of from eight to 20 years.

He said his client, whose prominent lawyer father died of a heart attack on an Aruba tennis court in February 2010, was in a fragile state from years of being under suspicion for Holloway's presumed death and other legal problems stemming from that case.

"The killing was impromptu. There was no planning to carry it out," Jimenez said.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/01/05/joran-van-der-sloot-to-begin-peru-murder-trial/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2012, 11:36:59 AM »

He is up to something...he was all smiles as he was leaving the courtroom.
He knew the outcome of the day before he entered the courtroom.
 ::boxingjoran::  ::boxingjoran::

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2012, 11:38:01 AM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2012, 11:39:20 AM »

He is up to something...he was all smiles as he was leaving the courtroom.
He knew the outcome of the day before he entered the courtroom.
 ::boxingjoran::  ::boxingjoran::

pb

_____

crazybabyborg
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2012, 11:40:21 AM »

I know what you mean CBB.     But it's a Sloot, so no surprise really.

I know, Muffy. I'm not discouraged, really. Joran stepped in it this time and he's not going anywhere but back to prison. Whether it's for 30 years or to serve a life sentence, it will be for the duration of his life, IMO.

I have to believe that after the trial, his prison experience will change drastically. I still believe that the Flores family, if nothing else, have enough influence to insure that his time spent there is to their liking.
EURobert
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2012, 11:41:23 AM »

Joran van der Sloot to Begin Peru Murder Trial
Published January 05, 2012

<snipped

Prosecutors are seeking a 30-year prison sentence for Van der Sloot on murder and theft charges in a trial that will be held at Lima's Lurigancho prison. He is accused of murdering Flores with "ferocity and great cruelty," and prosecutors say he also stole 600 soles, about $220, from the victim.

<snipped>

The defense will argue that Van der Sloot killed Flores in a state of emotional distress.

"We will challenge the aggravating factors (charged by the prosecution) and seek to reduce the charge from first-degree murder to simple homicide," Jimenez said. That charge carries a prison sentence of from eight to 20 years.

He said his client, whose prominent lawyer father died of a heart attack on an Aruba tennis court in February 2010, was in a fragile state from years of being under suspicion for Holloway's presumed death and other legal problems stemming from that case.

"The killing was impromptu. There was no planning to carry it out," Jimenez said.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/01/05/joran-van-der-sloot-to-begin-peru-murder-trial/

So now he says something like 'the police and prosecuters on Aruba and the press made me do it???!!!11???

OMG!!!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2012, 11:42:21 AM »

Vinnie Politan often gets it right, but in this tweet he made earlier, I don't think he really understood WHY it's not such a good think for Joran to plead guilty.  Joran isn't doing this out of the goodness of heart, he's trying cut years off his sentence!

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/06/lawyer-van-der-sloot-to-plead-guilty-in-peruvian-womans-death/
Lawyer: Van der Sloot to plead guilty in Peruvian woman's death
January 6, 2012

In a last-minute defense strategy change, Joran van der Sloot is expected to plead guilty to all the charges against him in connection with the killing of a Peruvian woman, his lawyer told CNN Friday.

The original plan going into the trial, which was set to begin Friday, was to admit to killing 21-year-old Stephany Flores, but to fight more stringent charges that could land him more time in prison, attorney Luis Jimenez said.

Jimenez said the intention of the new strategy is to give a "sincere confession," which under Peruvian law can qualify him for a more lenient sentence.

If van der Sloot goes forward with this approach, he could be sentenced as early as next week.

http://twitter.com/#!/vinniepolitan

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
Joran Van der Sloot's atty says he will plead guilty to all charges as presented! Sounds like good news... We'll see what happens
2 hours ago

crazybabyborg
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2012, 11:46:01 AM »

I could be wrong BUT, I think Joran's smiles were about being arrogant and being forced in a situation where there will actually be consequences. IMO, he's very aware of the satisfaction most people will get out of seeing him held accountable and the smiles and nodding off were a feeble attempt to portray that he's not really effected by what goes on around him.

It's a thin facade.............. he hates this and is probably jelly inside. He's a coward at heart.

JMO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.