March 19, 2024, 03:41:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #862 12/23/11 - 1/13/12  (Read 403326 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #280 on: January 07, 2012, 03:35:16 PM »

Hello Miss Janet. I think of you when I go to Tim's and get an old fashioned plain. Funny how stuff sticks in my brain.
Joran is the way he is because he has always been that way. Some sort of a personality disorder or a brain issue or a mental health issue that was never acknowleded by his parents. They let him rule the roost and they gave into him every time. If anyone created a killer, it was them. Having Anita as staff at his school, well she contiuned to enable him. Paulus being the legal person in the family further gave Joran permission to act the way he did as they were going to get him out of anything he ever did. Val seemed to have turned out ok, the other one seems to be headed in the same direction as Joran. In all these years, my opinion him and the Sloots hasn't changed one bit.       
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: January 07, 2012, 03:47:07 PM »

Hello Miss Janet. I think of you when I go to Tim's and get an old fashioned plain. Funny how stuff sticks in my brain.
Joran is the way he is because he has always been that way. Some sort of a personality disorder or a brain issue or a mental health issue that was never acknowleded by his parents. They let him rule the roost and they gave into him every time. If anyone created a killer, it was them. Having Anita as staff at his school, well she contiuned to enable him. Paulus being the legal person in the family further gave Joran permission to act the way he did as they were going to get him out of anything he ever did. Val seemed to have turned out ok, the other one seems to be headed in the same direction as Joran. In all these years, my opinion him and the Sloots hasn't changed one bit.       

I have taken a risk in the last six months and diverted from an "old fashion plain".  A stop at Tim Hortons implies an "apple fritter" with a cuppa tea.

Kat_Gram ... I agree 100% with your take on why Joran's journey in life has led him down the road to where he is today.  Although Joran knows right from wrong and must take responsibility for his actions ... the enablers in his life pave the way.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #282 on: January 07, 2012, 04:01:15 PM »

http://issuu.com/themorningnews/docs/january_7__2012

The Morning News (Aruba)
January 7, 2012 Page 6

::snipping2::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: January 07, 2012, 04:23:37 PM »

Another suicide...   

http://www.diario.aw/2012/01/a-confisca-curpa-di-venezolano-cu-a-comete-suicidio/

Papiamentu translation:

owing to confisca curpa of venezolano cu owing to comete suicidio

publication: friday, 6 january 2012.

categoria: general

oranjestad (aan); autoridad owing to confisca curpa of one muher venezolano yesterday morning. in transcurso of diahuebs morning, police owing to ricibi one calling y is ask presencia of patrol at one direccion at pos diminutive complex 9-c. patrol owing to bay at the cas y they owing to achieve one cumpra of a muher cu do not reacciona. at once the will other autoridad owing to worde notifica for present at the direccion. recherche, docer, police uniforma fuera fiscal also owing to worde poni at height of the sucedido. owing to resulta cu is deal of the madam for some time end will is deprimi y will have intencion less good cu his self. doctor van der linden owing to constata dead of the madam. the victima naci at venezuela owing to bay at the these direccion upstairs menciona close his amigo. for one or another motibo for cual also fiscal owing to consulta cu doctor y recherche owing to dicidi y ordena for her curpa worde confisca y practica autopsia for determina kico owing to conduci dead of the madam 47 year of edad. do not conoci cu will can owing to drink cantidad of pildora cu owing to consecuencia of overdosis past owing to enter in coma y fayece, but autopsia will determina his dead. is deal of the madam maria cloud tanqueva naci at venezuela 28 of august 1965 y was life at one direccion situa at kudawecha. at family of maria word of deep condolencia y for her sosega at paz.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #284 on: January 07, 2012, 05:01:37 PM »

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/11252392/___Joran_gaat_schuld_bekennen___.html

Google translation

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: January 07, 2012, 05:11:19 PM »

Once again the Sloot devil-spawn shows what he's made of - or how little he's made of?

Anita must be soooo proud that he is keeping up the family tradition of absolutely no accountability for any of the horrors they commit. Makes me physically ill to even hear any of them speak.

Ditto, Nonesy! (Great to see you, BTW!)

It's very different this time, isn't it? No Papa running interference, no Mama petting him as he is released.............. no release period! 

I hope all of Aruba is watching and I hope the entire world is reminded that Natalee never received justice because Aruba protected this "Golden Boy".  Stephany is dead because of that island and his family.

I've missed all of you CBB !

I just pray he never sees the outside world again.

Happy New Year!

You have been missed to.  I watched in Musings for posts of your Christmas cookies.  Could it be that you have finally met that tall, good looking European?

None ... how is Peaches' husband and daughter doing.  I think of them often.  I think of Peaches often.

Anyways ... I agree that the brutal murder of Stephany Flores would not have happened if enablers and a corrupt Aruban investigation had not prevented justice from prevailing for Natalee Holloway.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: January 07, 2012, 05:15:01 PM »

More of the same:

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=10582

Joran van der Sloot hints he’ll plead guilty
Posted by Aruba Daily on January 6th, 2012

LIMA, Peru — Joran van der Sloot asked for more time Friday to decide how to plead as his trial opened in the murder of a 21-year-old Peruvian woman. The Dutch citizen said he was inclined to confess but doesn’t accept the aggravated murder charges sought by the prosecution.

The presiding magistrate of the three-judge panel ordered the trial to resume on Jan. 11.

When he was asked moments earlier by presiding judge Victoria Montoya to enter a plea, Van der Sloot answered:

“I want to give a sincere confession, but I don’t agree with all the charges that have been placed on me by the prosecutor. Can I have more time to think about this?”

The 24-year-old defendant, who is also the prime suspect in the unsolved 2005 disappearance of U.S. teen Natalee Holloway, had repeatedly shaken his head as the prosecutor described for the three judges how Van der Sloot allegedly beat and strangled the victim, intending to rob her.

Van der Sloot long ago admitted to police that he killed Stephany Flores in his Lima hotel room on May 30, 2010.

But he claimed in that confession that he did it in a fit of rage after she discovered Van der Sloot’s connection to Holloway’s disappearance on Aruba, the Caribbean island where he was raised. Police forensic experts have disputed that version of events.

Defense attorney Jose Luis Jimenez told The Associated Press before the hearing that there was a 70 percent chance Van der Sloot would plead guilty, which could help him get a reduced sentence.

Prosecutors are seeking a 30-year prison sentence on murder and theft charges.

Jimenez contends his client was in a state of emotional distress when he killed Flores and would “seek to reduce the charge from first-degree murder to simple homicide.”

The latter carries a prison sentence of from eight to 20 years.

Van der Sloot entered the courtroom in Lurigancho prison in Lima Friday morning in a blue blazer and faded blue jeans with a bulletproof vest beneath the jacket. He sported a crew cut and wore an untucked long-sleeved gray shirt.

He took off the vest in the courtroom, which lacked air conditioning, and fidgeted, yawning several times and slouching in his chair.

That drew Judge Montoya’s reproach.

“Sit up straight and show some respect for the court,” she told him.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: January 07, 2012, 05:27:48 PM »

More of the same:

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=10582

Joran van der Sloot hints he’ll plead guilty
Posted by Aruba Daily on January 6th, 2012

LIMA, Peru — Joran van der Sloot asked for more time Friday to decide how to plead as his trial opened in the murder of a 21-year-old Peruvian woman. The Dutch citizen said he was inclined to confess but doesn’t accept the aggravated murder charges sought by the prosecution.

The presiding magistrate of the three-judge panel ordered the trial to resume on Jan. 11.

When he was asked moments earlier by presiding judge Victoria Montoya to enter a plea, Van der Sloot answered:

“I want to give a sincere confession, but I don’t agree with all the charges that have been placed on me by the prosecutor. Can I have more time to think about this?”

The 24-year-old defendant, who is also the prime suspect in the unsolved 2005 disappearance of U.S. teen Natalee Holloway, had repeatedly shaken his head as the prosecutor described for the three judges how Van der Sloot allegedly beat and strangled the victim, intending to rob her.

Van der Sloot long ago admitted to police that he killed Stephany Flores in his Lima hotel room on May 30, 2010.

But he claimed in that confession that he did it in a fit of rage after she discovered Van der Sloot’s connection to Holloway’s disappearance on Aruba, the Caribbean island where he was raised. Police forensic experts have disputed that version of events.

Defense attorney Jose Luis Jimenez told The Associated Press before the hearing that there was a 70 percent chance Van der Sloot would plead guilty, which could help him get a reduced sentence.

Prosecutors are seeking a 30-year prison sentence on murder and theft charges.

Jimenez contends his client was in a state of emotional distress when he killed Flores and would “seek to reduce the charge from first-degree murder to simple homicide.”

The latter carries a prison sentence of from eight to 20 years.

Van der Sloot entered the courtroom in Lurigancho prison in Lima Friday morning in a blue blazer and faded blue jeans with a bulletproof vest beneath the jacket. He sported a crew cut and wore an untucked long-sleeved gray shirt.

He took off the vest in the courtroom, which lacked air conditioning, and fidgeted, yawning several times and slouching in his chair.

That drew Judge Montoya’s reproach.

“Sit up straight and show some respect for the court,” she told him.

No remorse!  No conscience!  Arrogant!  Disrespectful!

If any justice is to prevail for Stephany Flores ... the Peruvian judge will afforded Joran van der sloot the 30 year maximum sentence on Wednesday if he pleads guilty to the prosecution's charges.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: January 07, 2012, 05:36:16 PM »

http://www.awemainta.com/noticia/

Awe Mainta (Aruba)
January 7, 2012

Front Page

Page 2

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: January 07, 2012, 07:04:33 PM »

In Natalee's Room

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Page 1-2:
  It's early morning, and the house is quiet.  I'm still lying in bed, eyes closed.  I don't want to open them, because when I do, I'll have to face the day I've dreaded the most for the past twenty months.  Today I have to pack up Natalee's things for the last time.  Today I will have to say the final good-bye.  And I'm not ready.

Eyes still closed, I hear an occasional car pass in front of the house.  Another one stops across the street, and I hear the car door open, letting music and cheerful muffled voices escape for a moment.  Then close again.  The stillness in the house is interrupted by the harmonious tapping of little paws as Macy the dog and Carl the cat move across the hardwood floors.  Stopping for a moment.  Then tapping again.  The cold morning brings the sounds of life's activities as people step into another day of their routines.

Maybe if I don't open my eyes this day will just pass and I won't have to face what I have to do.  The painful inevitable chore that has been looming over me since my beautiful daughter, Natalee disappeared on the last night of her senior high school trip to Aruba.  The day has come to take her room apart and box it up.  I have to go through her belongings, which have remained untouched since she left home on May 26, 2005.  The movers will be here day after tomorrow.

Nothing of my life before Natalee disappeared in Aruba has remained intact.  Not my career.  Not my home.  Not my marriage.  My husband, Jug, and I are divorcing after six years.  My son, Natalee's younger brother, Matt, and I are moving in two days.  I have a lot to do.

I manage to swing my legs off the bed and sit up.  Reluctantly, I open my eyes and sit on the edge for a few moments.  I feel like concrete.  Heavy.  Very heavy.  Finally I stand up and slowly walk a half dozen steps or so down the short hall and turn right at Natalee's bedroom doorway ...

Page 16:  I'm glad I'm alone to recount the events that have brought me to this place on this morning, preparing to pack up and leave this house and Mountain Brook. Standing in the doorway of Natalee's room, I unwillingly step inside to the center of it, look around slowly, take it all in. In what feels like slow motion, I bend my knees until they touch the floor, rest my hands on the light cream-colored rug in front of me, and roll over onto my right side. Curling up in a fetal position, my head tucked down, arms crossing over my chest, I close my eyes again. And the cry I have fought off for almost two years finally comes. The final good-bye cry. And it comes hard. From somewhere deep, deep inside me. And it feels as if it will never stop. As if the pain can never be contained again.

carpe - Scared Monkeys

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: January 07, 2012, 10:30:52 PM »

http://peru21.pe/2012/01/07/impresa/holandes-joran-van-der-sloot-se-burla-justicia-peruana-2006369

Google translation

Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #291 on: January 07, 2012, 11:16:59 PM »

I know it's not perfect, so please forgive any errors or typos. 

Tonight's Dr. Drew
All in one post, and pretty dang close to the transcript that has now obviously been published!  Of course watching and hearing is always better than just reading imo.  John Q. Kelly definitely has Joran's "number" imo.

Thank you TM for taking the time to transcribe.  Even though I watched/heard it I've come back to your post twice to catch something.  Your layout was easy to read, imo

He is so arrogant!  I agree - John Q Kelley has him pegged.

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: January 07, 2012, 11:27:04 PM »

Good to see you Sleuth!! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: January 08, 2012, 12:04:34 AM »

I know it's not perfect, so please forgive any errors or typos. 

Tonight's Dr. Drew
All in one post, and pretty dang close to the transcript that has now obviously been published!  Of course watching and hearing is always better than just reading imo.  John Q. Kelly definitely has Joran's "number" imo.

Thank you TM for taking the time to transcribe.  Even though I watched/heard it I've come back to your post twice to catch something.  Your layout was easy to read, imo

He is so arrogant!  I agree - John Q Kelley has him pegged.

Thank you Sleuth!   

Good to see you!   

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #294 on: January 08, 2012, 12:25:41 AM »

I swear this punk doesn't know how to do anything but play games.  I just wish there was an island somewhere for the likes of him and KC Anthony.  All those self-serving monsters could thin out their own herd. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: January 08, 2012, 01:28:02 AM »

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1357797/noticia-joran-van-der-sloot-no-puede-acogerse-confesion-sincera

Google translation

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: January 08, 2012, 01:33:08 AM »

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1357731/noticia-mas-70-periodistas-extranjeros-cubren-lima-caso-van-der-sloot

Google translate

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: January 08, 2012, 01:53:02 AM »

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2103945,00.html?xid=gonewsedit

Waiting for the Sentence: Joran van der Sloot's Slow Road to Justice
By Lucien Chauvin / Lima Friday, Jan. 06, 2012

The prosecution wants van der Sloot found guilty of first degree murder, which carries a maximum sentence of 30 years — with the possibility of parole. The prosecution had initially wanted a different charge — aggravated robbery with death — which could impose a life sentence, but the court rejected the request last November.
Van der Sloot's attorney, José Luis Jiménez, says Dutchman's defense is not about proving innocence, but trying to wrangle a lighter sentence than the 30 years requested by the prosecution. "Joran has never denied his involvement in Stephany Flores' death, but he disagrees with the charges formulated by the state," Jiménez told TIME outside Lurigancho.

Van der Sloot and his lawyer object to the "aggravating circumstances" in the first-degree murder charge and that Flores' death was accidental. The defense argument is that van der Sloot should be convicted on manslaughter charges, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years.�It allows for parole after one-third of the sentence is served.

(MORE: From Aruba to Lima: The Case of Joran van der Sloot)

The prosecution maintains that the maximum sentence is justified, because the murder was premeditated and "cruelly and ferociously" carried out.�One of the reasons for the premeditation argument is the fact that Holloway disappeared on May 30 and van der Sloot, the prosecutors alleged, marked the anniversary with a second murder.
The Flores case, on the other hand, is loaded with what seems to be a weight of evidence.�Prosecutor Jose Santisteban told the court that van der Sloot and Flores fought after returning to his hotel room to play on-line poker.�He said she received a message from someone who had been at the poker tournament, warning her of van der Sloot's alleged murder of Holloway. The prosecutor said that Flores had been brutally beaten and that van der Sloot strangled her with a bloody shirt. The police report from the murder scene at the Hotel Tac, a nondescript box next to a gas station, states that Flores' skull was fractured and she suffered significant blows to the face.

Jimenez argues van der Sloot did not set out to kill Flores. He also objects to the idea that the murder was somehow premeditated, because the two had just met.  ::snipping2::

Van der Sloot's could gamble and enter a "not guilty" plea on Jan. 11 in the hope that Montoya and the two other female judges hearing the case lean toward a manslaughter verdict.�If he lets stand the charge as filed, he will automatically receive the 30-year sentence with the chance of parole in 10 years. He will have the right to appeal that sentence.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2103945,00.html#ixzz1iqUJfLIu
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #298 on: January 08, 2012, 03:05:38 AM »

From the video...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45889216/ns/world_news-americas/t/natalee-holloway-suspect-joran-van-der-sloot-begin-murder-trial/#.TwlGsaXwtQ0

Holding back tears Stephany's father says he hasn't been able to mourn his daughter's death, a year and a half later.  "I hope when this is over I will finally be able to cry."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: January 08, 2012, 03:08:13 AM »

Also from the video...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45889216/ns/world_news-americas/t/natalee-holloway-suspect-joran-van-der-sloot-begin-murder-trial/#.TwlGsaXwtQ0

"Both of our daughters met their fate at the hands of the same killer."

"I would have done anything in order to have this day for Natalee's case."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.