March 28, 2024, 11:58:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Real Housewives of New Jersey  (Read 36886 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 12:37:51 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/national/248379281.html
'Housewives' couple plead guilty to fraud in NJ
March 4, 2014

Teresa and Giuseppe "Joe" Giudice (JOO'-dys) pleaded guilty to several counts including bankruptcy fraud, conspiracy to commit mail fraud and wire fraud, and failing to pay taxes.
Under federal guidelines, Joe Giudice faces a potential sentence of 37 to 46 months and Teresa Giudice could get 21 to 27 months.
In a statement read by her lawyer, Teresa Guidice said she is taking responsibility for her mistakes and is "heartbroken" over the effect it has had on her four young daughters.
The couple was accused last year of exaggerating income while applying for loans before the show debuted in 2009, then hiding their fortunes in a bankruptcy filing after their first season aired.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 11:49:58 PM »

http://www.eonline.com/news/577004/teresa-and-joe-giudice-selling-new-jersey-mansion-for-3-99-million-ahead-of-sentencing-for-fraud-charges
NEWS/ Teresa and Joe Giudice Selling New Jersey Mansion for $3.99 Million Ahead of Sentencing for Fraud Charges
September 8, 2014

The Real Housewives of New Jersey stars, who pleaded guilty to multiple fraud charges in Newark Federal Court in March, have quietly listed their home for $3.99 million. The Giudices purchased the luxury pad in 2002 for $530,000.
"This is a house that has a lot of bad memories for them," a source tells E! News of the pair's decision to put their home on the market. "It's time for a change. They feel it will be a positive one."
When asked if the duo will be downsizing, the insider replied, "They want to move into a space that's less about entertaining and more about family."
According to the couple's 2010 bankruptcy filing, the Giudices own three homes. The house that they most recently listed, which is located in Towaco, N.J., was valued at $1.7 million that same year and was built in 1975 and has a lot size of 3.68 acres.
Meanwhile, both Joe and Teresa have been ensconced in their own legal turmoil following their individual guilty pleas after they were both charged with conspiring to defraud lenders and illegally obtain mortgages and other loans, as well as allegedly hiding assets and income during a bankruptcy case. The 39-count indictment claimed they committed mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, made false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud. It also charged Joe, 43, with failure to file tax returns from 2004 to 2008, during which time the father of four allegedly earned nearly $1 million (in total, the Giudices were accused of obtaining more than $5 million in bank loans due to fraudulent and falsified paperwork).

Joe faces a potential sentence of 37 to 46 months in jail while Teresa could get 21 to 27 months. The troubled couple was originally scheduled to be in court for sentencing on July 8, but the hearing was postponed until Sept. 23 following the death of Joe's father.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2014, 05:02:21 PM »

http://www.people.com/article/teresa-joe-giudice-sentenced-fraud
Teresa Giudice Sentenced to 15 Months in Prison on Fraud Charges
October 2, 2014

Teresa Giudice will serve 15 months in prison for fraud charges, Judge Esther Salas announced Thursday. Her husband, Joe Giudice, will serve 41 months.

"For a moment I thought about probation … but I think a period of confinement is absolutely necessary in this case," the judge told Teresa. "I don't honestly believe that you understand or respect the law. I need to send a message. In the eyes of the law it doesn't matter who you are. There are consequences to pay."

Teresa, 42, also received two years probation and will surrender for her sentence Jan. 5 so she can spend the holidays with her family. The couple have four daughters, Audriana, 5, Milania, 8, Gabriella, 9, and Gia, 13.

She and her husband Joe appeared in court one final time as the judge handed out sentences to the parents of four. Teresa will serve her sentence first, followed by Joe. The judge said multiple times that Joe is facing "imminent deportation" following his sentence.

Joe was sentenced to the 41 months on four counts, plus 12 months on an additional count, to be served concurrently. He'll also get two years probation and will have to pay $414,000 to Wells Fargo bank, plus $10,000 in fines. He will be able to surrender himself.

"I stand here humiliated," Joe said in a statement before the sentencing. "I disgraced many people including my wife and my four daughters. I take full responsibility for my actions. I promise to be a better person."

Before handing down the sentence, the judge told Joe: "I am not sure you respect this court or our laws and I'm not sure you understand what you've done." She also added, "I want you home with your girls. You're a great dad."

The judge said that immigration services will not act on Joe's deportation case until after his sentence is served, and she recommended that he participate in an alcohol program.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2015, 05:50:35 PM »

The judge staggered Joe and Teresa's sentences "in deference to the children", so I really doubt he will be deported.  JMHO

http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/television/article/Lawyer-Real-Housewives-star-set-to-be-freed-6711192.php
'Real Housewives' star to get out of prison before Christmas
December 20, 2015

Teresa Giudice (JOO'-dys) will be released Wednesday from the Danbury Federal Correctional Institution in Connecticut, her lawyer said. She will then head home to her husband, Joe, and their four daughters in Montville, where she will be on home confinement until Feb. 5.
Her attorney, James Leonard Jr., said his client is upbeat and looking forward to coming home. Leonard said he plans to drive Giudice home from prison, but he declined to provide more specific details about her release.
Giudice has been at the prison since January. She and her husband pleaded guilty last year to bankruptcy fraud.
They admitted hiding assets from bankruptcy creditors and submitting phony loan applications to get some $5 million in mortgages and construction loans.
Joe Giudice also pleaded guilty to failing to pay taxes. He's expected to start his 41-month sentence in March and has said he will serve his term at the Federal Correctional Institution at Fort Dix in southern Jersey.
A federal judge staggered the couple's sentences in deference to their children.
Joe Giudice is not an American citizen and could be deported to Italy when he's released.

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.