April 27, 2024, 02:40:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Jessie M. Davis, 26yrs old- Nine Months Pregnant(BODY FOUND)  (Read 50839 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2008, 08:13:32 PM »

True, but with all the appeals he'll get, he could hang around for the next twenty years. If that happens, I hope every day is full of misery. Who knows.....he could end up like Jeffrey Dahmer, since he used to be a cop.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
MalteseMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2008, 08:37:16 PM »

I wish they could plaster the walls of his cell with pictures of the decomposed body of Jessie and baby Chloe that this pos left out in the elements for 9 days. i
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2008, 08:48:47 PM »

True, but with all the appeals he'll get, he could hang around for the next twenty years. If that happens, I hope every day is full of misery. Who knows.....he could end up like Jeffrey Dahmer, since he used to be a cop.

I could only hope that someone gets him in jail.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2008, 08:50:13 PM »

I wish they could plaster the walls of his cell with pictures of the decomposed body of Jessie and baby Chloe that this pos left out in the elements for 9 days. i

I agree.
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2008, 03:17:51 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/26/cutts.trial/

They are now in the sentencing phase.  Just read the line of crap he has to say in this article.  He should get the death penalty if for nothing else continuing to lie and keep up this bull ****.

..... On the stand, Cutts said he went to pick up his son, Blake, and became agitated when Davis, 26, wasn't moving fast enough to get the boy ready. He said he tried to leave her house, but she grabbed him to keep him from leaving, and he accidentally elbowed her in the throat.

Cutts told the jury he performed CPR on Davis and then tried to revive her with bleach. When he realized Davis was dead, Cutts said he panicked and put her in the back of his truck, so Blake wouldn't have to see his mother.  .......

Does any one really believe that crap? 

ERRRRRRR    Pleeeeezz

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2008, 05:49:53 PM »

Ex-police officer wants new murder trial

October 5, 2008

CANTON (AP) - A former police officer sentenced to life in prison for killing his pregnant lover is asking for a new trial, arguing that the jury handed down verdicts that contradicted each another.

Lawyers for Bobby Cutts Jr. filed the appeal Friday in the 5th District Court of Appeals.

Cutts, 31, was convicted in February of killing Jessie Davis and their unborn daughter at her northeast Ohio home. Prosecutors argued that he killed Davis, 26, and the fetus last summer to avoid making child support payments. Thousands of volunteers helped search for Davis before her body was found dumped in a park.

Jurors convicted Cutts of aggravated murder in the death of the fetus. They found him not guilty of aggravated murder in Davis' death but convicted him of a lesser charge of murder.

The filing argues that convicting Cutts of murder in Davis' death and aggravated murder in the fetus' death was inconsistent because both deaths were the result of the same act.

"The jury clearly lost its way and created such a manifest miscarriage of justice that the conviction must be reversed and a new trial ordered," the appeal said.

Cutts attorneys also argue that the Stark County judge presiding over the trial should have allowed jurors to consider an involuntary manslaughter conviction because no witnesses contradicted Cutts' claim that he did not purposely kill Davis. Cutts testified that he accidentally hit Davis in the throat with his elbow during an argument, and that he dumped her body in a panic.

Among other issues, Cutts' lawyers also say the trial should have been held outside Stark County, where the crime was committed, because intense media coverage made it difficult to find an impartial jury.

Members of the jury had helped search for Davis' body, seen media reports about the death and believed Cutts was guilty, the appeal says.

Assistant Stark County Prosecutor Mark Caldwell said many of the issues raised in the appeal were also raised during the trial.

"I'm not surprised by the sort of claims they are making," he said.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/10/04/national/a042546D11.DTL

Pathetic POS, eh?? Rolling Eyes
Just fry the freak......
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 05:59:52 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2009, 04:23:20 PM »

Ohio Supreme Court won't hear Bobby Cutts Jr.'s murder appeal

12/2/2009 4:01:38 PM

COLUMBUS -- Ohio's Supreme Court has turned down former Canton police officer Bobby Cutts Jr.'s appeal of his conviction in the deaths of his pregnant girlfriend, Jessie Davis, and their unborn daughter.

The court refused to hear the his appeal. He is serving a life sentence in the killings of Davis and her fetus.

Her disappearance in the summer of 2007 prompted a massive search that drew national attention.

Attorneys for the former Canton patrolman said in their appeal that the trial should have been moved because of the attention surrounding the case.

A state appeals court upheld Cutts' conviction earlier this year.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/news_article.aspx?storyid=126438&catid=3

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: December 04, 2009, 06:23:14 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2009, 05:19:05 PM »

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2010, 10:57:19 AM »

DENY THIS POS A NEW TRIAL 

http://www.wkyc.com/news/regional/akron_article.aspx?storyid=133004&catid=6

Ohio officer takes murder appeal to US high court
Updated: 3/24/2010 8:05:15 PM  Posted: 3/24/2010 8:14:56 AM

CANTON -- A former Ohio police officer convicted of killing his pregnant girlfriend and their unborn daughter is asking the U.S. Supreme Court for a new trial.

Lawyers for Bobby Cutts Jr. filed an appeal with the nation's highest court earlier this month. The Ohio Supreme Court declined to review Cutts' case.

The former Canton patrolman is serving a life sentence in the killings of Jessie Davis and her fetus. The woman's disappearance in 2007 prompted a huge search that drew national attention.

Cutts' attorneys say the trial should have been moved because of all the publicity. Defense lawyer Fernando Mack says the Supreme Court should review the case because it has "uniqueness."

Stark County prosecutors have until April 5 to respond to the appeal.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2010, 07:54:25 PM »

http://www.thesuburbanite.com/communities/x1336924451/Domestic-Violence-Project-sponsors-Running4Hope-April-25

Domestic Violence Project sponsors Running4Hope April 25
By Ann Kagarise
The Suburbanite
Posted Apr 13, 2010 @ 01:58 PM
Jackson TWP, Ohio — Domestic Violence Project Inc. is sponsoring Running4Hope, honoring Domestic Violence victim Jessie Davis who was murdered in June 2007. The community came together as they searched for missing Jessie and her unborn daughter, Chloe. The community will  come together for the run and walk held in her memory  April 25 at Stark State University Campus.

“For the last three years the focus has been on her death,” Patty Porter, Jessie’s mother, said. “I would like to go forward and remember the great life we had with her and all the great memories.”

Porter said domestic violence education should start younger.

“Girls have to be taught to have a really good sense of themselves before they start dating,” she said. “Getting the education out there at a younger age and teaching girls, not just what physical abuse is, but what emotional abuse is as well.”

Emotional abuse is real, she said.

“Nobody can actually see it,” Porter said. “Because women are ashamed to tell people what is going on in their homes. Any relationship at all that is not healthy can become abusive. Girls need to learn what a healthy relationship is and what emotional abuse is. They also need to learn how to stop it before there is not much left of them. Emotional abuse destroys women from the inside out.”

Emotional health is the key, she said.

“That should be the number one job of every woman,” Porter said. “When women stay in emotionally-abusive relationships for their children, they are teaching their children how to have relationships. The first time someone mistreats them, not the 50th, but the first time they are mistreated, the guy is telling them who they really are. Maya Angelou always says, ‘People tell you who they are right away, but they just choose not to listen.’ People hold on to something they are looking for in someone that is not even there and they build a life around what they wish was there.”

Emotional abuse leads to more, she said. “If you look at a lot of the women who were killed in the last five years, they were not victims of physical abuse. When someone is emotionally abusive, they have a lot of control over that person and things can escalate and in one moment something can happen,” Porter said.

Women often stay.

“I think women are basically lovers,” Porter said. “They love their families. They forgive. They have high hopes for people. They want to believe the best. They want loving, nurturing relationships. Sometimes the women have nothing to look back on from their childhood. If they didn’t a strong mother figure, abuse can happen. They watch how we, as mothers live. They might not even think the abuse is okay, but that is what they know. That is what they are used to. They do not know different.”

Porter has the power and control wheel diagram close by. At the top of the wheel is “using intimidation,” which is making a woman afraid by using looks, actions and gestures, smashing things and destroying property. “using emotional abuse” is next on the wheel which includes putting a woman down, making her feel bad about herself and name calling. Isolation, Minimizing the abuse, Using children, Using Male Privilege, Using Economy Abuse, and Using Coercion and Threats, make up the rest of the wheel.

“Domestic Violence and emotional abuse is so casebook,” Porter said. “It is not like any guy is different. The pattern is so predictable. For women, the way they respond is so predictable in the number of times they go back and they believe that he will stop. A lot of it has to do with how a person makes you feel. Women have to learn to think. They have to realize that they have brains and they have to use them. Get out first sign of abuse.”

Registration for the run and walk will take place at Stark State University Advanced Technology Center on April 25 at 7:30 am. The events will take place at 9 a.m. Pre-registration for the 5K run is $20 and $15 for the Mile Walk. All who pre-register get a T-shirt. Awards are given to the top three male and female overall finishers and top three finishers in each age bracket for runners only. Brackets range from 14 and under through 75 and older. Registration fees on the day of the event are $25 for the run and $20 for the mile walk.

Participants can register online at www.domesticviolenceproject.org/running4hope.htm or www.ohiochallengeseries.com. They can also send name, address, city, state, sex, age, birthdates, t-shirt size and the entry fee to P.O. Box 9459 Canton, Ohio 44711-9459.

Registrations must be received by April 16 to be considered pre-registered.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2010, 08:24:01 PM »

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/crime/x1838129277/Response-filed-to-Bobby-Cutts-federal-appeal
Response filed to Bobby Cutts’ federal appeal
Posted April 6, 2010

Repository Scott Heckel
BOBBY L. CUTTS, JR.

CANTON —

Stark County prosecutors say the U.S. Supreme Court shouldn’t accept the appeal of convicted murderer Bobby L. Cutts Jr.

In a court papers filed Monday, prosecutors deny Cutts’ assertion that he was denied a fair trial, and say that most of his claims deal with state law and aren’t arguments based on the federal constitution.

Cutts, 32, is serving a life sentence for the deaths of Jessie M. Davis and what is believed to be their unborn child, Chloe. The former city police officer is not eligible for parole until he serves 57 years in prison.

Last year, the 5th District Court of Appeals, in a 2-1 decision, upheld Cutts’ 2008 conviction and sentence for two counts of aggravated murder and other charges.

In December, the Ohio Supreme Court passed on hearing Cutts’ appeal.

In a petition filed with the U.S. Supreme Court last month, Cutts’ attorneys raised many of the same alleged errors as the prior appeals: An unfair jury, inconsistent verdicts, faulty rulings by the judge and the prosecution’s use of hearsay testimony, as well as testimony that was irrelevant and inflammatory.

The nation’s highest court receives about 10,000 such appeals a year but hears arguments in about 80, according to the court’s Web site.

It likely will take weeks for the court to announce whether it will hear the case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2010, 01:12:49 PM »

U.S. Supreme Court rejects appeal from killer ex-cop Bobby Cutts Jr.

May 17, 2010, 12:09PM

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The U.S. Supreme Court today refused to hear the murder conviction appeal of Bobby Lee Cutts Jr., a former Canton police officer who killed his pregnant ex-girlfriend and their unborn baby.

Cutts is serving a life sentence for the 2007 murder of Jessie Davis and the daughter she carried. Before Davis' body was found in a Summit County park, her disappearance prompted a 10-day search that attracted national attention.

Lawyers for Cutts maintain the high-profile case should have been tried in a venue other than Stark County, and that Cutts' jury should have been given lesser charges, such as involuntary manslaughter, to consider. The U.S. Supreme Court did not cite a reason for denying Cutts' appeal.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/05/us_supreme_court_rejects_appea.html

TAKE THAT......you POS 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: January 09, 2011, 11:05:33 AM »

http://www.indeonline.com/features/x1733658612/Decade-had-its-share-of-ups-and-downs
Decade had its share of ups and downs
January 1, 2011

The first decade of the new millennium was marked by the worst terrorist attack and worst natural disaster ever on American soil, two wars and one of the most devastating economic collapses since the Great Depression.

In Western Stark County, we lost soldiers to war and a brave police officer to an out-of-control motorist. We bonded in the wake of national and local tragedies.

We stood in unemployment lines when factories closed, but sent our kids to new schools in nearly every local school district. We endured tornados, fires that threatened whole city blocks and the tragic crimes that stole loved ones and friends.

We watched the 2005 Tiger football team make it back to the state championships and witnessed the Jackson boys basketball team and Perry softball team capture state titles.

This is our decade.

(Snip)

Twenty-six-year-old Lake Township woman Jessie Marie Davis, nine months pregnant with baby girl Chloe, went missing in the morning hours of June 14. Canton police officer Bobby Cutts, boyfriend and father of Davis’ children, including 2-year-old Blake, became authorities’ prime suspect as national media flocked to Stark County.

After massive search-and-rescue missions for Davis’ body that included hundreds of area residents, police were led to a shallow grave in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

Cutts later confessed to the slayings and, in 2008, was sentenced to 57 years to life in prison.
(snip)

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2011, 02:22:12 AM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Thinking of Jessie, Cloe, Blake and Patty tonight.  I can't believe it has been four years. 

Blake probably has just finished kindergarten.

Rest in Peace.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2011, 07:35:46 AM »

Thinking of Jessie, Cloe, Blake and Patty tonight.  I can't believe it has been four years. 

Rest in Peace.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey
Amen Lovin

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2011, 08:13:11 AM »

Thinking of Jessie, Cloe, Blake and Patty tonight.  I can't believe it has been four years.  

Rest in Peace.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey
Amen Lovin

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.