April 26, 2024, 10:54:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #12 11/22/11 - 1/05/12  (Read 270341 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #560 on: December 27, 2011, 11:40:53 AM »

I watched part one last night with Jeff and Vinnie.....I walked away from the TV all pizzed off again.  geesh.  Just when I think I can handle it, I find out that I'm not there, yet....I may never get there.

One thing that got me boiling was the thing about Baez addressing the jury. WTH is wrong with Judge Perry?  Why did he let Baez, day after day, continue on with such antics?  JP is an officer of the court, a high officer, and he ignored so many things as far as the defense team goes.  Sanctions should go against him for not upholding the rules and laws of the court and for just being a poor judge.  We were led to believe that he was fair, knew the law like the back of his hand, and he showed Caylee no respect, imo.  Disgusting.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #561 on: December 27, 2011, 11:44:44 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/jeff-ashton-jose-baez-lied-during-casey-anthony-tr/nF9YT/
Posted: 7:02 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2011
Jeff Ashton: Jose Baez lied during Casey Anthony trial

Video at link.
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. —

Former prosecutor Jeff Ashton says he believes defense attorney Jose Baez lied during the Casey Anthony murder trial.

While promoting his best-selling book, "Imperfect Justice," Ashton spoke candidly during an interview with HLN that aired Monday about the animosity George and Cindy Anthony felt toward the prosecution.
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: December 27, 2011, 11:45:44 AM »

I watched part one last night with Jeff and Vinnie.....I walked away from the TV all pizzed off again.  geesh.  Just when I think I can handle it, I find out that I'm not there, yet....I may never get there.

One thing that got me boiling was the thing about Baez addressing the jury. WTH is wrong with Judge Perry?  Why did he let Baez, day after day, continue on with such antics?  JP is an officer of the court, a high officer, and he ignored so many things as far as the defense team goes.  Sanctions should go against him for not upholding the rules and laws of the court and for just being a poor judge.  We were led to believe that he was fair, knew the law like the back of his hand, and he showed Caylee no respect, imo.  Disgusting.

Tupelo,I feel the same way.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #563 on: December 27, 2011, 11:49:03 AM »

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20111227/BREAKINGNEWS/312270017/State-legislators-consider-passing-Caylee-s-Law-bills?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Local%20News
State legislators consider passing 'Caylee's Law' bills
8:13 AM, Dec. 27, 2011

ORLANDO — When the Florida Legislature begins its 2012 session next month it will do so just six months after a jury acquitted Casey Anthony of killing her 2-year-old daughter in one of the state’s most high-profile murder trials.

That verdict has some legislators pushing a law that would make it a felony if a parent or guardian doesn’t tell authorities a child is missing or dead within a certain period. Some legal experts and law enforcement officials say the law as written reaches too far.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #564 on: December 27, 2011, 01:19:40 PM »

http://www.cyinterview.com/2011/12/casey-anthony-prosecutor-jeff-ashton-opens-up-to-cyinterview-about-the-biggest-murder-trial-in-years-talks-about-his-book-imperfect-justice-more/
Casey Anthony Prosecutor Jeff Ashton Opens Up to CYInterview About the Biggest Murder Trial in Years; Talks About His Book Imperfect Justice, More
By Chris Yandek · December 27, 2011 · No comments
CY Authors, CY Celebrities, CY Interviews, CY Law, CY News, CY What's Happening ·

There were a lot of questions during Casey Anthony’s trial regarding her defense attorney Jose Baez. There was discussion of some of his statements, that were defined as accusations and allegations without any concrete facts or evidence to back them up. Mr. Ashton says Mr. Baez was a good salesman with the jury and reviews the defense’s case.

“He’s a good salesman and I think that’s basically what a salesman does. You make, you put a shine on the car you’re trying to sell and hope that no one looks beneath the hood. And that’s very much what this defense was. It was shiny on the outside, but if you asked more than a couple of questions about it, it fell apart. I mean, the whole idea of you know somebody taking a body, a child that died by accident and hiding it from somebody you know on the surface sounds like oh maybe.

But then you go, wait a minute, how would you actually ever do that, you know. And why would you do that. Why would you think that you could do that…It’s that kind of like sound byte mentality, something that sounds good for a 30 second sound byte, but then when you actually subject it to analysis, it falls apart…This jury was sold and wanted to be sold.”

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #565 on: December 27, 2011, 03:03:46 PM »

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2011/12/27/how-jury-casey-anthony-verdict-jane-velez-mitchell
Why Casey Anthony was the story of the year
By Jane Velez-Mitchell
updated 11:16 AM EST, Tue December 27, 2011

~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #566 on: December 27, 2011, 03:11:52 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/12/jeff-ashton-to-hln-smarmy-jose-baez-has-superficial-charm.html
Jeff Ashton to HLN: ‘Smarmy’ Jose Baez has ’superficial charm’
Caylee and Casey Anthony, George and Cindy Anthony, HLN, Jose Baez — posted by halboedeker on December, 27 2011 6:30 AM

Do we really need music to accompany interviews?
The music backing Jeff Ashton’s Monday interview with HLN’s Vinnie Politan was melodramatic, distracting and unnecessary. What Ashton was saying about the Casey Anthony trial was dramatic all by itself. But I’m sure we’ll hear more of the music when the interview continues at 6 p.m. today on HLN “Prime News.”

It wasn’t proper for Baez to address the jury, but Chief Judge Belvin Perry let Baez do it, Ashton said. If the jurors fell for Baez’s saying good morning to them, they should be ashamed, Ashton added.

***Ashton dismissed problems with witness George Anthony, Casey’s father, by saying it was “George being George.” George disliked Baez from the beginning, Ashton said. “George is a lousy game player and liar,” Ashton said. “Casey was a phenomenal liar.”

Ashton also said he wished he could have “slapped George around” to make George snap out of it. (I’m sure there could be a pay-for-view event in that if both parties are willing.)  Monkey Devil!

[ Love. love. love Jeff Ashton! ]
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #567 on: December 27, 2011, 03:14:13 PM »

Merry Christmas Caylee and to all the dear Monkeys! 

So precious ... what a darling little personality.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #568 on: December 27, 2011, 03:32:30 PM »

Baez was always infuriating in the time period building up to trial, but never did I think he would so brazenly push the envelope during trial, as he we all saw him do.   No doubt he must have been the child in third grade class who would mockingly stick pencils up his nostrils just out of sight of the teacher, but guaranteed to disrupt class.  And he seems to enjoy it so. 
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #569 on: December 27, 2011, 06:19:10 PM »

Baez was always infuriating in the time period building up to trial, but never did I think he would so brazenly push the envelope during trial, as he we all saw him do.   No doubt he must have been the child in third grade class who would mockingly stick pencils up his nostrils just out of sight of the teacher, but guaranteed to disrupt class.  And he seems to enjoy it so. 
Oh,dear Ono!   I had to laugh out loud at the visual on that!   

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #570 on: December 27, 2011, 06:22:05 PM »

Merry Christmas Caylee and to all the dear Monkeys! 

I'm a little late,but thank you for this,Tupelo.   I love to see your posts.

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #571 on: December 27, 2011, 06:29:39 PM »

I'm having some problems with my connection, but before I get booted off, please accept my  best wishes for you all during this holiday season.  You are all so delightful!   I feel very blessed to be part of this special group!

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #572 on: December 27, 2011, 08:45:03 PM »

Jazzy and Labuske, my sincere condolences for you both. I will keep you both in my prayers.
an angelic monkey

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #573 on: December 27, 2011, 08:51:32 PM »

I watched part one last night with Jeff and Vinnie.....I walked away from the TV all pizzed off again.  geesh.  Just when I think I can handle it, I find out that I'm not there, yet....I may never get there. BBM
Tupelo, I have hovered here since the verdict with a post here and there. I dont think I will ever see things the same way again. It always seems like another day, another missing child..
I wish all of my Monkeys friends a healthy and Happy New Year!

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: December 27, 2011, 09:42:54 PM »

I wonder if the a holes called their golden child on Christmas?  Evil, all of them...

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #575 on: December 27, 2011, 11:50:20 PM »

A belated Merry Christmas to you all! Thank you for keeping me posted on Jeff's interviews, Mason's mudslinging, Kronk's suit ("Atta boy! Go get 'em!"), the acquitted suspect's (IMO, murderess) nonexistent socio-economic status, and much more. Haven't had a lot to add lately, as I think you've been pretty much covering it.

Caylee and her case are a frequent topic in our home.  Our goals are to educate others in critical thinking, logic, reasoning, and debating skills that we may prevent another stupid jury.  By "stupid", I mean a jury that is so mentally dumbed down, they are unable to: listen carefully to given information without relying on emotion or appearance; accurately process and analyze given information; formulate questions that clarify in order to affirm or contradict the given information; and from those skills, draw a reasonable conclusion. Seriously, a trial is the Scientific Method.  You formulate a question and begin looking for evidence of the event.  You observe and analyze all available evidence, and state your conclusion. You analyze all the statements made by everyone surrounding the case.  The case is a totality of events; murders don't occur in a vacuum. They always follow a procession of events on the part of the accused.

All I can say is that I am extremely concerned about the future of the justice system when one's peers are unable to discern truth from showmanship, fact from fiction.  When one's peers are unable or unwilling to apply logic and reasoning and are swayed by how "nice" an attorney appears to be and how well he "connects", God help us (seriously). When one's peers are more consumed by their vacation plans, their dessert options, or how inconvenienced they are by a trial, we are all in trouble.  When jurors are too lazy, too ignorant, or too inconvenienced to take notes in an ongoing murder trial, we are all in trouble.  When a child means less than cruise, a ball game, a trip to Disney, or a lawyer's "Good morning." (or lack of), we are all in trouble.  Seriously, God help us.  It seems Caylee was as much an inconvenience in death, as she was in life.  How utterly and unexcusably pathetic!  Guess we can thank reality T.V for that. Those 12 jurors were so desensitized to how ridiculous Casey's statements and behavior were from the time Caylee "went missing", forward, that it seemed normal to them...normal enough to be considered reasonable doubt.  They perceived Cindy's ever-changing stories and in-your-face aggression when questioned...as normal.  They perceived Casey's 52 versions of where Caylee was during the 31 days she was "missing"...as normal.  They perceived the idea that a child accidentally drowning without supervision in the family pool, having her face wrapped repeatedly and permanently in duct tape, being double bagged like trash, and thrown into the swampy woods just down a few houses and around the corner...as normal. They perceived that not frantically calling 911 and getting somebody there pronto to try to revive the child...as normal. They perceived that a parent driving around a decomp smelling car...as normal.  They perceived a national manhunt for a non-existent kidnapping Nanny (and subsequent abuse of LE resources and hundreds of searchers' time, money, and emotions)...as normal.  I repeat, God help us.  The only thing that worked about this case was reinforcing the general public's perception that Defense attorneys are lying dogs willing to do anything necessary to get their client off, to win at all costs.  Now, the Defense team is reaping what they've sown.  They're finding out the paying public is not as "stupid" as those 12 jurors and we have long memories, as well as closed wallets/pocket books. We have a voice and we speak with our sponsor boycotts/emails/calls, forum posts, and public comments on news articles.  We're not about to let Casey Anthony live her Bella Vita on our dime.  My opinions...I've been saving up. Can you tell? 

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #576 on: December 28, 2011, 12:01:27 AM »

As for Mason's suit, unless Jeff quoted the mental health evaluation verbatim (page, paragraph, line), he's got nothing.  Unless Jeff specifically quoted Psychologist notes/conversations or Casey Anthony's verbal accusations against George verbatim, he's got nothing.  Apparently since no one is willing to pay for her "story", it appears that Mason's trying to recoup his losses elsewhere. Talk about sour grapes. Isn't it ironic that the Defense Team, drunk on their "win", is now sobering up to reality of exactly what kind of prize they won?  "Whatever a man sows, that will he also reap."  Harvest time has only just begun.  IMO, the DT is going to be seeing quite a fallout, both financially and professionally, when the smoke clears.

Forecast for the Day:
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #577 on: December 28, 2011, 12:02:50 AM »

Tupelo,I feel the same way.

I'm in the same boat with both of you....I still can't get passed this WRONG verdict! I doubt I ever will. The 12 village idiots Failed Caylee!!! I don't feel bad hoping every one of them has nightmares for the rest of their sorry @ss lives, and their nightmares include the photo of Caylee's mouth & nose triple duct-taped.

When these talk shows have a clip of the reading of the verdict, I either mute the TV or change the channel immediately!

The only thing that gives me some comfort is knowing Blowhole & the other @ssclowns are stuck with the baby killer! Must suck to have to spend the holidays with the devil! I'm still not so sure the skank isn't spending time with her dysfunctional life-sucking parents. I kind of hope she does visit with them. They deserve each other.

If there's any truth to the rumors of Jose having an inappropriate relationship with Skanky, he's destined to a life of being attached @ the hip and his wallet, to keep her mouth shut........she will turn on him down the road, I'd bet on it! Even if they never did the dirty deed, she will fabricate a story with all kinds of gross details. Jose will be screaming from the hill-tops how Skank is a liar, and she can't be believed!  HaHaHaHa! Oh the irony will be rich! Monkey Devil!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #578 on: December 28, 2011, 12:06:19 AM »

Hope you all have a good rest of the evening and take good care! Thanks for standing in the gap for Caylee and many others like her. Good night, all!

Forecast for the Day:
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #579 on: December 28, 2011, 12:09:50 AM »

A belated Merry Christmas to you all! Thank you for keeping me posted on Jeff's interviews, Mason's mudslinging, Kronk's suit ("Atta boy! Go get 'em!"), the acquitted suspect's (IMO, murderess) nonexistent socio-economic status, and much more. Haven't had a lot to add lately, as I think you've been pretty much covering it.

Caylee and her case are a frequent topic in our home.  Our goals are to educate others in critical thinking, logic, reasoning, and debating skills that we may prevent another stupid jury.  By "stupid", I mean a jury that is so mentally dumbed down, they are unable to: listen carefully to given information without relying on emotion or appearance; accurately process and analyze given information; formulate questions that clarify in order to affirm or contradict the given information; and from those skills, draw a reasonable conclusion. Seriously, a trial is the Scientific Method.  You formulate a question and begin looking for evidence of the event.  You observe and analyze all available evidence, and state your conclusion. You analyze all the statements made by everyone surrounding the case.  The case is a totality of events; murders don't occur in a vacuum. They always follow a procession of events on the part of the accused.

All I can say is that I am extremely concerned about the future of the justice system when one's peers are unable to discern truth from showmanship, fact from fiction.  When one's peers are unable or unwilling to apply logic and reasoning and are swayed by how "nice" an attorney appears to be and how well he "connects", God help us (seriously). When one's peers are more consumed by their vacation plans, their dessert options, or how inconvenienced they are by a trial, we are all in trouble.  When jurors are too lazy, too ignorant, or too inconvenienced to take notes in an ongoing murder trial, we are all in trouble.  When a child means less than cruise, a ball game, a trip to Disney, or a lawyer's "Good morning." (or lack of), we are all in trouble.  Seriously, God help us.  It seems Caylee was as much an inconvenience in death, as she was in life.  How utterly and unexcusably pathetic!  Guess we can thank reality T.V for that. Those 12 jurors were so desensitized to how ridiculous Casey's statements and behavior were from the time Caylee "went missing", forward, that it seemed normal to them...normal enough to be considered reasonable doubt.  They perceived Cindy's ever-changing stories and in-your-face aggression when questioned...as normal.  They perceived Casey's 52 versions of where Caylee was during the 31 days she was "missing"...as normal.  They perceived the idea that a child accidentally drowning without supervision in the family pool, having her face wrapped repeatedly and permanently in duct tape, being double bagged like trash, and thrown into the swampy woods just down a few houses and around the corner...as normal. They perceived that not frantically calling 911 and getting somebody there pronto to try to revive the child...as normal. They perceived that a parent driving around a decomp smelling car...as normal.  They perceived a national manhunt for a non-existent kidnapping Nanny (and subsequent abuse of LE resources and hundreds of searchers' time, money, and emotions)...as normal.  I repeat, God help us.  The only thing that worked about this case was reinforcing the general public's perception that Defense attorneys are lying dogs willing to do anything necessary to get their client off, to win at all costs.  Now, the Defense team is reaping what they've sown.  They're finding out the paying public is not as "stupid" as those 12 jurors and we have long memories, as well as closed wallets/pocket books. We have a voice and we speak with our sponsor boycotts/emails/calls, forum posts, and public comments on news articles.  We're not about to let Casey Anthony live her Bella Vita on our dime.  My opinions...I've been saving up. Can you tell? 

Great post ISpy, as usual! I miss your opinions, thoughts here in the cage, but I understand everyone needed a break from this case & the verdict from hell!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.