April 27, 2024, 08:52:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #29 10/24/11 -  (Read 724582 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2500 on: December 21, 2011, 09:09:21 PM »

Hi Can...We  got back from the wedding on Monday evening..it was in Austin Texas..very lovely ..had a great time..

If brother does get cancer of the prostate, like JSM says, it is very treatable..my hubs has been cancer free for over 2 years now after having surgery for prostate cancer..thank you God!  an angelic monkey

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2501 on: December 21, 2011, 09:42:43 PM »

So I am done sewing! Here is a link to an album of most of the outfits if anyone is interested - I added a couple more!

http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/theboyzmom/Christmast%20dresses/

You did a really professional job on the doll cloths.       Did you know that you don't have your other albums set to private and they can be viewed.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2502 on: December 21, 2011, 10:05:37 PM »

So I am done sewing! Here is a link to an album of most of the outfits if anyone is interested - I added a couple more!

http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/theboyzmom/Christmast%20dresses/

You did a really professional job on the doll cloths.       Did you know that you don't have your other albums set to private and they can be viewed.

Yea I just did not think there was much in there to hide . . .

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2503 on: December 22, 2011, 05:53:26 AM »

Hi Can...We  got back from the wedding on Monday evening..it was in Austin Texas..very lovely ..had a great time..

If brother does get cancer of the prostate, like JSM says, it is very treatable..my hubs has been cancer free for over 2 years now after having surgery for prostate cancer..thank you God!  an angelic monkey

Glad you enjoyed the wedding cookie.

Thanks for the optimistic info on prostate cancer.
Sorry about your husband and thank goodness he is cancer free!
 an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2504 on: December 22, 2011, 05:59:47 AM »

Good morning Monkeys!

I received a magnificent pointsetta yesterday.  It is two colors with fine sparkles sprayed on the petals.  it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!   

Bearly - thinking of you and hope the doctor was able to help your Mom yesterday.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2505 on: December 22, 2011, 06:07:33 AM »

We are making gnocchi today. 

Asked daughter what she would like to have for Christmas meal.  She said gnocchi with mushroom sauce, hor deauvres and belgian endive salad, and maybe some of my mac n cheese casserole w/stewed tomatoes, since the grands like mac n cheese.

The rest of us are having lamb and turkey!   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2506 on: December 22, 2011, 06:37:41 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.
Granddaughter came yesterday to spend some time with us before Christmas.
She is going through all my photos to make a family album....pretty entertaining. 

Hope everyone has a good morning. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2507 on: December 22, 2011, 08:26:53 AM »

Good morning everyone.  Yesterday turned into a day of counseling, so I am off later this morning to do yesterday's choirs.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2508 on: December 22, 2011, 08:47:39 AM »

Good morning everyone.  Yesterday turned into a day of counseling, so I am off later this morning to do yesterday's choirs.
Hope everyone has a good day.

make that chores and not choirs.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2509 on: December 22, 2011, 09:34:43 AM »

Going to a vet in Boaz today to pay down the account of the shelter. Their vet discounts all their services but they are behind in their account. This play it forward thing is working. Got a message from Lily's new family and they and their grandkids are going to their local shelter and donating vet services in Lily's name. The grands love Lily and have learned about abandoned animals through her and wanted to help..is that great or what 
Off before the storms hit..everyone have a great day !!!!

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2510 on: December 22, 2011, 11:16:51 AM »

looks like all is good in the world for us monkey friends! you monkeys are the best people in the whole world and I wish only wonderful things for you all for Christmas and the New Year!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2511 on: December 22, 2011, 12:37:03 PM »

JSM--Just logged in to tell you that I know Patton will be fine.  And what I really wanted to say is do not let this person treat you rudely.  I would say, "Madam, (They are shocked when you call them 'Madam,') why are you so rude to me?  Is there some kind of problem I don't know about?"  Believe me, she'll come down off her high horse at once.  Works every time.  This works so well that my friends sometimes ask me to do it for them.  It happened in the waiting room at my sister-in-law's opthomologist just last week and I took care of it in short order, including slamming down the clipboard they had given me.  Scared her to death.  Trust me.

I asked someone the other day why they were talking to me the way they were.  Here they were scared about something and didn't realize it.  It made for a wonderful dialogue and understanding that day.  Sometimes, it is not about us, but about someone else and some understanding can help both ways.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2512 on: December 22, 2011, 12:41:27 PM »

Go to:  www.google.com

Type in the search:  Let it snow

Didn't do anything for me Klaas.

You have to wait a little bit and it will snow on the results.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2513 on: December 22, 2011, 12:54:16 PM »

Trying so hard to be patient and wait to hear how JSM made out with Patton.  New dog or well . . . new.
 santa
  an angelic monkey Sorry Sister, Patton and I slept late this morning then church.

Patton is doing great, he wasn't eating the dry food so after church I went to the vet and got two cans of wet food. Mixed it with the dry, he ate it all up. So that eased some worries. He is so sweet, I was worried because never heard him bark until last night when a lady's pit bull barked at him first.

Thinkning he needs to go for a walk and time to give him his cough medicine.

I am going to try and catch up when we get back.

Is your vet open all the time?

Thankfull Bearly, they are open 24/7 365 days a year.  an angelic monkey

Wow!  That's wonderful!

an angelic monkey Yes it is, except their fees are higher than most vets, but I really think these guys do a great job.

That's the first thing my neighbor said when I told her that your vet was open those hours.  Her bassie, Roscoe passed around the same time Jo did, if you recall, they both had the same kind of stomach issues.

She called me last night because Bart, her newest rescue, he has been there a couple of months, would not eat all day and she wondered if I would come over and try.  He was really weak and wobbly.  I did get him to eat, thank God.  His back right paw is hurting for some reason, he was pretty weak.  He was doing well when I left this morning, she was afraid to let me leave.   Her housemate came home at 12:30, when he is done work, Bart will sleep with him, but she was still nervous about me leaving, so I stayed until 2, when he was much stronger.

Take care
!

Bearly I remember when your friend lost Roscoe. I pray Bart is doing better today. I hope nothing seriously is wrong with him. So nice of you to stay with your friend and take care of Bart.   an angelic monkey You are a special person Bearly.

I get a lot out of doing it, JSM.  He looks at me with these dreamy eyes, like he is in love.  It is so cute, I am glad that I can bring him such happiness, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

He has an ear infection, infected mouth flaps, and swollen glands--vet doesn't know why his glands are swollen, he did blood work, we will know more later.  He perked up last night.  I took him for a walk--it was a perfect walking night.  He was spunky, but still had periods of fatigue.  He jumped up when he saw me, it did my heart good to see him.  He is on an antibiotic gel for him mouth, ear medicine (he was already on this), and an antibiotic.  He is such a special dog, very gentle and polite.

Bless those of you who take in rescues.  It is not easy.  These animals are so 'worth it.'  Your reward is their unending love and gratitude!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2514 on: December 22, 2011, 12:57:15 PM »

OK  JSM...here's the plan
Trimm fires up the monkey jet
We pick up monkeys along the way
We take out the linebacker vet tech.
( I understand the bail money fund is full ) Monkey Devil!
      Good Idea 4 Donks. I need all the monkeys behind me, this woman is really ugly always to me. She hated Josef  So she has always been rude to me. She was so mean when I gave her the cough medicine, asked me if the doctor knew I was giving it to Patton, I said yes he told me to and bring some up to the hospital, the she asked really rude "is he on Doxy" I said yes but that I didn't have it we didn't know he would get treatment today or I would have brought it but the vet said they would take it out of hospital stock. She then asked "HOW much do you GIVE him"? I said with the syringe, three. She had the cup off the cough medicine and said "OH SO YOU DONT LET HIM DRINK OUT OF THIS" I was like WTH, you are a tech, you know that it is hard enough to get them to take it with a syringe.

Then when I went into the isolation room to see Patton, he was drooling and the lady with me said she would go get that tech, I though NOOOOO.. Thankfully the head tech that I talked to yesterday about the food was the one that was with the vet when he got the injection came in and said it is normal for him to be loopy and drooling. She was so sweet talked to me and told me what they would be giving him, pain meds and predinisone (she said she hopes it doesn't affect Patton like it did Josef). Thankfully there is only one mean tech there and I think I am going to talk to my friend about it tomorrow if she is there. If she treats me like this, being a long time client that has paid loads of money to the clinic, how does she treat walk in clients?

Sorry for the rant, just needed to get this off my chest.

Fire up the Jet, get Trimm and you all come down for and help me with whooping up on that mean lady. If she is mean to humans, how does she treat the animals is my question. 

I am sorry, JSM, this whole thing is stressful enough without adding her to the mix.  Tell the vet, you will be doing his practice and the animals in his care a favor.

an angelic monkey Thanks Bearly. I will tell after he is finished with his treatments. I don't want to stir up something and her mistreat Patton while in her care.

No one should have to worry about that.  You will definitely be doing other animals a service to say something.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2515 on: December 22, 2011, 12:58:34 PM »

OK  JSM...here's the plan
Trimm fires up the monkey jet
We pick up monkeys along the way
We take out the linebacker vet tech.
( I understand the bail money fund is full ) Monkey Devil!
Just give me time to change out of my jammies!

Babskats and I will pick everyone up at the airport. 

Don't forget meeeeeeeeeeeee!

NEVER would we forget you 

Thanks, JSM, you made me teary.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2516 on: December 22, 2011, 01:13:00 PM »

Please say a prayer for my Mom.  Her foot has an ulcer on it and it is getting deeper.  I am taking her to the doctor this morning.

Please also say a prayer for Bart, my neighbor's dog.  He has swollen glands, he has had an ear infection, he did not eat his dinner last night again.  He did eat some venison for me, but he seems to be dehydrated and is drooling and having trouble swallowing.  He is going to the vet this afternoon.

Thanks.
Praying right now for your Mom and Bart Bearly. Please let us know how her appointment goes and Bart's vet visit turns out.

They found another ulcer in her foot and opened up both.  We went and got her fitted for a brace so they would heal.  She is afraid of losing the foot and has been short-tempered because she is scared, I hope people understand and she does not isolate others.  I was supposed to have dinner with my ex, but cancelled so we could get her fitted.  We will get together after the holidays.

Got to visit with my Dad while he was making cookies.  He stayed with me while I cleaned up the dishes afterward.  It was like old times.  We watched Elf together last night.  It was really nice.  It really makes a difference for him when I visit, it makes me feel good, too.  It's a win/win.

Eye doctor with Cubby today.  Maybe we will go out and have pizza, I am feeling tired from the goings on, but am so glad to be able to do things to make others happy.  That is more my style than being the complainer I have been.  Thanks for hanging in there with me, Monkeys.  Your support means everything to me.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2517 on: December 22, 2011, 01:14:07 PM »

Morning Monkeys... hope you all have a great day!! Prayers for all in need.  an angelic monkey

Thanks JS&PM!  Hope things go well for you today.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2518 on: December 22, 2011, 01:21:52 PM »

Any monkeys know anyone in North Carolina looking for a dog, please give them this information. The lady murdered in this story is my BFF's cousins mother. Very sad for the dogs at her kennel and for the family Theresa McCraw.

http://www.examiner.com/dogs-in-national/murder-creates-emergency-for-homeless-dogs

Rutherford County, NC - When Theresa Mccraw was shot and killed on Saturday, her death left a hole in the world of friends, family and animal rescue.

::snipping2::
Some of the at risk dogs from the county animal control shelter were headed to Mccraw's kennels for the Christmas holiday - now they may be killed instead.

One murder - multiple deaths.

Sadly, the shelter needs to find alternate arrangements for these dogs today, or they will be killed.

::snipping2::
As for the dogs who have been left in jeopardy by this murder, they desperately need the help of strangers - today.

Anyone who can help is asked to call the Rutherford County Animal Control at 828-287-7738.

I saw that, it is a very sad story.  This person not only took her life, but also the trickle down effect was bad for others (not saying one life is worth more than another, merely pointing out that others are affected when a crime is committed, not just the victim).

Wouldn't your BFF's cousin's mother be your BFF's aunt?  Just askin'...

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2519 on: December 22, 2011, 01:23:05 PM »

Please say a prayer for my Mom.  Her foot has an ulcer on it and it is getting deeper.  I am taking her to the doctor this morning.

Please also say a prayer for Bart, my neighbor's dog.  He has swollen glands, he has had an ear infection, he did not eat his dinner last night again.  He did eat some venison for me, but he seems to be dehydrated and is drooling and having trouble swallowing.  He is going to the vet this afternoon.

Thanks.

Prayers for your Mom Bearly.   ::MonkeyAngel

Hope the vet can help Bart.

Thanks, Can, your prayers mean so much.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.