April 27, 2024, 10:18:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #29 10/24/11 -  (Read 724598 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2760 on: December 29, 2011, 07:39:07 PM »

JSM, I see you are online now.

Made these today for oyu if you want them:

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Monkey/New%20Years/jsm.gif

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Monkey/New%20Years/jsm2.gif

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #2761 on: December 29, 2011, 07:39:37 PM »

Sister..glad that you are ok! the fire should be covered under your renters insurance or else your land lord's policy...the main thing s that you are ok..get some rest.

Brandi..sorry that you are not feeling well..I am right there with ya! terrible head cold.
I am going to bed soon. get rested and hope you feel better soon!

I took three aspirin for my sore throat and feel better!

So I have not gone back to bed yet.

Colds always hit me with a sore throat first, then the head congestion sets in.

Hope your cold is as short-lived as my hubby's was. He worked through it and after 9 days is almost symptom free.

Get rest, cookie. You have been one busy lady lately!
Brandi, glad the sore throat is better. You need your rest. I would rather have chest congestion than head congestion. Hope it goes away quickly. My BFF husband has a really bad cold, but she took those Cold Eze or something like that when she got the symptoms and she is fine. He is still sick, she says he smells like a jar of Mentholatum  Monkey Devil!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2762 on: December 29, 2011, 07:42:35 PM »

I love them Brandi!!!!!!!!!!! Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna change in just a minute!!!

NOW!!! You get to bed and get rest.  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2763 on: December 29, 2011, 07:42:53 PM »

Sister..glad that you are ok! the fire should be covered under your renters insurance or else your land lord's policy...the main thing s that you are ok..get some rest.

Brandi..sorry that you are not feeling well..I am right there with ya! terrible head cold.

Hope your cold is as short-lived as my hubby's was. He worked through it and after 9 days is almost symptom free.

Brandi, glad the sore throat is better. You need your rest. I would rather have chest congestion than head congestion. Hope it goes away quickly. My BFF husband has a really bad cold, but she took those Cold Eze or something like that when she got the symptoms and she is fine. He is still sick, she says he smells like a jar of Mentholatum  Monkey Devil!

My next therapy before bed is a bunch of orange juice.

And to gargle with warm salt water.

Yuk. LOL

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2764 on: December 29, 2011, 07:50:40 PM »

My next therapy before bed is a bunch of orange juice.

And to gargle with warm salt water.

Yuk. LOL
YUCK!!!!!! Gargling with salt water, it works but I hate it. Thanks for the new Patton avatar. It is so adorable. I love it!!! 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2765 on: December 29, 2011, 07:54:08 PM »

We went into Chicago today to the American Girl Doll store. Then we ate lunch at the Hancock Building 95th floor..pretty cool...The grand daughters loved it..Tomorrow morning we leave to go to the lake to celebrate New Years with some friends down there..sure hope that I feel better for New Years Eve....I am going anyways lol!

going to bed for the night..talk to you all soon.
Hope you feel better Brandi and anyone else who isn't feeling well today...

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2766 on: December 29, 2011, 08:09:12 PM »

Have a great evening monkeys!!! Sister so glad you are safe and no harm came to you.

Brandi I hope you feel better.

Love and hugs!!!!!!!!!

JSM and Patton.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2767 on: December 29, 2011, 08:19:16 PM »

Oh goodness Sister!  I am glad you were not hurt nor burned in the kitchen fire accident!  How scared you must have been??

I wonder if your homeowners insurance will cover the expense of the damage?  It is certainly worth a try to contact your insurance agent.
I sure hope the insurance covers the damage Caddy. Poor Sister. Fire has always scared me.
Fire has always scared me too.  Typical me, cool under stress . . . now I am falling apart.
Going to try again to get some rest as my head is pounding.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2768 on: December 29, 2011, 08:30:09 PM »

Bearly, here are a couple to use next year if you like:

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Monkey/JSM-Chat/Image9-2.png

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Monkey/JSM-Chat/Animation2-8.gif

(They are not avatar size. They are meant to be used by themselves in sig images or elsewhere.

Love them all.  Thank you so much, Brandi!  I have been using the other ones around the forum.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2769 on: December 29, 2011, 08:33:25 PM »

Well I have had an eventful afternoon.  Sitting at the kitchen counter writing thank you notes and a taper candle in a candle stick exploded and caught the counter on fire.  Glass was flying, fire was leaping on Christmas cards, etc.  Tried at first to smother the fire, which did not work and then went for the water.  The counter top is ruined and it was just installed a few months ago.  It has scared the beegees out of me.  One thing I know, all four smoke detectors on this level work very well.  I know I am blessed the fire didn't land on me and I got it under control pretty fast.  The scarf, etc. was burned up as well.  But again, it could have been worse.  Not cheap candles so not sure what cause it to explode.  My nerves are shot and I'm going to bed.
bom

I am so glad you kept your wits about you and are safe, sister!

Fire is a scary thing and can get out of control in a heartbeat!

I guess no good deed goes unpunished. LOL

You were sitting there writing your thank you notes. A wonderful thing to do that is becoming a dying breed.

We were compelled to write thank you notes as children. Had to have them mailed within two weeks.

So glad you did not get burned and that there was not more damage to the home!

Hope you like my silly demonstration above. Wink

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2770 on: December 29, 2011, 08:43:37 PM »

Bearly, here are a couple to use next year if you like:

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Monkey/JSM-Chat/Image9-2.png

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Monkey/JSM-Chat/Animation2-8.gif

(They are not avatar size. They are meant to be used by themselves in sig images or elsewhere.

Love them all.  Thank you so much, Brandi!  I have been using the other ones around the forum.

Glad you like them!

And I have noticed Wink

an angelic monkey

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2771 on: December 29, 2011, 08:47:50 PM »

Thank you so much for your wonderful wishes.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

an angelic monkey I hope it was a great Christmas Bearly.  

Yes, it was.  

We were invited to breakfast with a friend, early dinner with my Parents with a visit from my brother, SIL, 2 nephews and niece afterward, dinner with my brother and his family, and late dinner with a neighbor.  This was after Christmas Eve at my brother's and then a neighbor who made lobster for Cubby for his Christmas present and roast and lasagna for me.

I loved a holiday that included family, friends, and neighbors!  Lots of love.  

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:49:28 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2772 on: December 29, 2011, 09:02:48 PM »

Does anyone know how to fix a computer where the typing goes wherever the cursor is pointing during my keyboarding?  It just randomly starts typing where the cursor is resting.  It has been so hard to post lately, I have mostly been reading, I have to correct so much.  It also will bring up whatever is on the bottom of the screen while I am keyboarding.  It is very frustrating.

If I didn't fix it, the above would look like this:

Does t just dandomly starts typing where the cursor is resting.  It has been so hard to post lately, I have mostly been reading, I have to correct somuch.  It yping goes wherever the cursor is pointing diring my keyboarding?  Itnyone know how to fix a computealso will bring up whatever is on the bottom of the screen while I am deyboarding.  It is very frustrating.r where the y

...and that was pretty good, most of the time, it's worse.  Help!

I believe in miracles!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2773 on: December 29, 2011, 09:35:41 PM »

Well I have had an eventful afternoon.  Sitting at the kitchen counter writing thank you notes and a taper candle in a candle stick exploded and caught the counter on fire.  Glass was flying, fire was leaping on Christmas cards, etc.  Tried at first to smother the fire, which did not work and then went for the water.  The counter top is ruined and it was just installed a few months ago.  It has scared the beegees out of me.  One thing I know, all four smoke detectors on this level work very well.  I know I am blessed the fire didn't land on me and I got it under control pretty fast.  The scarf, etc. was burned up as well.  But again, it could have been worse.  Not cheap candles so not sure what cause it to explode.  My nerves are shot and I'm going to bed.
bom

Wow how scary! Glad you were not hurt - the counter and scarf can be replaced but you can not!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2774 on: December 29, 2011, 09:37:24 PM »

Hope everyone is having a great after holiday season.

I am so sick and tired of seeing stories on the news about murder suicide. Why kill your kids, wife and family members then kill yourself? I just don't understand. Especially at Christmas.    So sad and horribly tragic.

Maybe the thought is, they can no longer take care of themselves and their families, and rather than watch their families hurting, they end their (what they presume to be) suffering.  When people are distraught, they are not thinking rationally.  We really do not know what is going on in their heads, but that would be my guess.  In reality, there are probably as many reasons as are people who have done this.

Something I learned in school was that people freeze to death within a very short distance of safety.  If people could hold on just a little bit more, take it one minute/hour/day at a time instead of thinking about everything at the same time, it will help.

The holiday season is a very stressful time for people.  I would even say everyone to some degree.  There is no picture perfect Christmas.  Add the cost of visiting, food, presents, gas, clothing, church.  Each year, the pressure seems to get higher. 

Our normal bills are higher, just for the necessities.  Like it or not, a phone, computer, TV, and cell phone are all necessities, especially if you have children or are a shut in.  I think one or more of those people exist in every household.  Then add to that the cost of food (which has gotten a lot higher), soap (for body, dishes, laundry, cleaning), clothing, gas, insurance, water, etc.  and health care costs.

Our social worker told me when I first started caring for a child with special needs the thought of doing something occurs to everyone at one time or another or even several times when there is so much stress.  Going through with it, however, was not normal.  The thought is normal, the deed is not. 

When she first told me that, it scared me, I did not have feelings as bad as she had when she had young kids, but I felt the frustration, and realized, the feelings were normal.  It helped so much, just to know I was feeling the same way others feel.

I believe in miracles!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2775 on: December 29, 2011, 09:47:31 PM »

Does anyone know how to fix a computer where the typing goes wherever the cursor is pointing during my keyboarding?  It just randomly starts typing where the cursor is resting.  It has been so hard to post lately, I have mostly been reading, I have to correct so much.  It also will bring up whatever is on the bottom of the screen while I am keyboarding.  It is very frustrating.

Does t just dandomly starts typing where the cursor is resting.  It has been so hard to post lately, I have mostly been reading, I have to correct somuch.  It yping goes wherever the cursor is pointing diring my keyboarding?  Itnyone know how to fix a computealso will bring up whatever is on the bottom of the screen while I am deyboarding.  It is very frustrating.r where the y

Are you on a lap top? If I forget to turn off my touch pad mine does that!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2776 on: December 29, 2011, 09:53:43 PM »

Hi Bearly,

I am not sure but here goes.  On the top of my page in the tool bar were the name of the site comes up I have a little box with two kind of looking arrows. If I click on it it says making this site compatible. But then I get a notice saying I have to go back as I can't post. But when I go back and and hit reply my screen has stopped jumping all over the place. I usually have to do it every few days especially if its a long post I am answering. Hope this helps. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2777 on: December 29, 2011, 09:57:55 PM »

bom

You were sitting there writing your thank you notes. A wonderful thing to do that is becoming a dying breed.

We were compelled to write thank you notes as children. Had to have them mailed within two weeks.

Brandi that is so cute.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2778 on: December 30, 2011, 12:25:11 AM »

bom

Brandi that is so cute.
Cute Brandi -- all is missing is me tossing the water (took several times) on the fire.  I'm sure it was a sight to behold!

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2779 on: December 30, 2011, 06:40:00 AM »

bom

How frightening for you Sister!  I'm so glad you were not burned.
I've never heard of a wax taper candle exxploding.  Have you considered notifying the manufacturer?  Thank goodness you were in the room when it happened or it could have been so much worse.
 an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.