April 27, 2024, 08:55:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #29 10/24/11 -  (Read 724700 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2800 on: December 30, 2011, 09:29:07 AM »

We went into Chicago today to the American Girl Doll store. Then we ate lunch at the Hancock Building 95th floor..pretty cool...The grand daughters loved it..Tomorrow morning we leave to go to the lake to celebrate New Years with some friends down there..sure hope that I feel better for New Years Eve....I am going anyways lol!

going to bed for the night..talk to you all soon.
Hope you feel better Brandi and anyone else who isn't feeling well today...
Sounds like you had a wonderful day.  Enjoy your time at the lake . . . and hope you feel better.  Have a joyous New Year!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2801 on: December 30, 2011, 09:32:52 AM »

Well I have had an eventful afternoon.  Sitting at the kitchen counter writing thank you notes and a taper candle in a candle stick exploded and caught the counter on fire.  Glass was flying, fire was leaping on Christmas cards, etc.  Tried at first to smother the fire, which did not work and then went for the water.  The counter top is ruined and it was just installed a few months ago.  It has scared the beegees out of me.  One thing I know, all four smoke detectors on this level work very well.  I know I am blessed the fire didn't land on me and I got it under control pretty fast.  The scarf, etc. was burned up as well.  But again, it could have been worse.  Not cheap candles so not sure what cause it to explode.  My nerves are shot and I'm going to bed.
bom

I am so glad you kept your wits about you and are safe, sister!

Fire is a scary thing and can get out of control in a heartbeat!

I guess no good deed goes unpunished. LOL

You were sitting there writing your thank you notes. A wonderful thing to do that is becoming a dying breed.

We were compelled to write thank you notes as children. Had to have them mailed within two weeks.

So glad you did not get burned and that there was not more damage to the home!

Hope you like my silly demonstration above. Wink
Hope you're feeling better.  I woke with a sore throat myself and a very queazy stomach.
Not sure if it is from inhaling all that smoke yesterday as it was really nasty smelling stuff.
Yes, write thank you notes, it's in my blood.  Because my Mom is pretty much housebound now, unless someone drives her, she has a wonderful card ministry where she sends notes and cards for well wishing, etc.  A book of stamps is always a good gift for her.  You should see her penmanship -- it is beautiful.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2802 on: December 30, 2011, 09:36:01 AM »

Thank you so much for your wonderful wishes.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

an angelic monkey I hope it was a great Christmas Bearly.  

Yes, it was.  

We were invited to breakfast with a friend, early dinner with my Parents with a visit from my brother, SIL, 2 nephews and niece afterward, dinner with my brother and his family, and late dinner with a neighbor.  This was after Christmas Eve at my brother's and then a neighbor who made lobster for Cubby for his Christmas present and roast and lasagna for me.

I loved a holiday that included family, friends, and neighbors!  Lots of love.  

Yes, Bearly, it's what keep Christmas real, isn't it!  Lots of love and family and friends!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2803 on: December 30, 2011, 09:37:43 AM »

Well I have had an eventful afternoon.  Sitting at the kitchen counter writing thank you notes and a taper candle in a candle stick exploded and caught the counter on fire.  Glass was flying, fire was leaping on Christmas cards, etc.  Tried at first to smother the fire, which did not work and then went for the water.  The counter top is ruined and it was just installed a few months ago.  It has scared the beegees out of me.  One thing I know, all four smoke detectors on this level work very well.  I know I am blessed the fire didn't land on me and I got it under control pretty fast.  The scarf, etc. was burned up as well.  But again, it could have been worse.  Not cheap candles so not sure what cause it to explode.  My nerves are shot and I'm going to bed.
bom

Wow how scary! Glad you were not hurt - the counter and scarf can be replaced but you can not!
Thank you TBM -- I was blessed the burning wax didn't land on me or the candle stick that exploded didn't cut me.  So scary even this morning, but much better than last night.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2804 on: December 30, 2011, 09:42:17 AM »

bom

How frightening for you Sister!  I'm so glad you were not burned.
I've never heard of a wax taper candle exxploding.  Have you considered notifying the manufacturer?  Thank goodness you were in the room when it happened or it could have been so much worse.
 an angelic monkey
Good morning Can.  So good to read things are improving with your family.  You remain in my prayers (I say special prayers for your Mom).
I have had the candles for quite some time and don't even remember where I bought them.  They were shaped like a pine tree with little white blops of wax at the tips like snow.  I had used them for decoration only and thought now was the time to burn them as they were getting a little dusty.  I had a wax catcher on there so I thought it would be safer.  I just thought wrong.  No more fancy candles for me.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2805 on: December 30, 2011, 09:46:12 AM »

Good morning JSM!  How's your Christmas Angel...
His coloring is quite different from Josephs.
Morning Can, my Christmas Angel is just that an  an angelic monkey The vet that gave him his shots said his heart and lungs sound really good, his coat is shiny and thats a good thing I guess. She said he is really doing well, didn't know he had already started the heartworm treatment so she was doubly excited about the heart and lung sounds. He is now telling me when he needs to go outside instead of me having to take him out every hour. He even barked at me last night.

His coloring is different than Josefs, he has black patches, where Josef was a solid blue. But the facial markings are just about the same. His real vet after he saw Patton went to the back and told the Pet Lodge manager that he just saw my new dog and IT IS A CLONE!!   
JSM, so glad Patton is working out so well.  He's a smart doggie -- he knows a good mommy when he sees one!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2806 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »

Sister so sorry to hear about your fire. So glad you are not hurt. I can imagine it scared you. I probable would be going to bed too but only after a glass or two  .  Thank the Lord you were in the room when it happened. And that you were able to get it put out quickly.  an angelic monkey
Thank you Green Eyes.  Yes, I am so glad I was in the room.  I saw just how fast a fire can spread, it was frightening!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2807 on: December 30, 2011, 10:15:21 AM »

Hope everyone is having a great after holiday season.

I am so sick and tired of seeing stories on the news about murder suicide. Why kill your kids, wife and family members then kill yourself? I just don't understand. Especially at Christmas.    So sad and horribly tragic.

Maybe the thought is, they can no longer take care of themselves and their families, and rather than watch their families hurting, they end their (what they presume to be) suffering.  When people are distraught, they are not thinking rationally.  We really do not know what is going on in their heads, but that would be my guess.  In reality, there are probably as many reasons as are people who have done this.

Something I learned in school was that people freeze to death within a very short distance of safety.  If people could hold on just a little bit more, take it one minute/hour/day at a time instead of thinking about everything at the same time, it will help.

The holiday season is a very stressful time for people.  I would even say everyone to some degree.  There is no picture perfect Christmas.  Add the cost of visiting, food, presents, gas, clothing, church.  Each year, the pressure seems to get higher. 

Our normal bills are higher, just for the necessities.  Like it or not, a phone, computer, TV, and cell phone are all necessities, especially if you have children or are a shut in.  I think one or more of those people exist in every household.  Then add to that the cost of food (which has gotten a lot higher), soap (for body, dishes, laundry, cleaning), clothing, gas, insurance, water, etc.  and health care costs.

Our social worker told me when I first started caring for a child with special needs the thought of doing something occurs to everyone at one time or another or even several times when there is so much stress.  Going through with it, however, was not normal.  The thought is normal, the deed is not. 

When she first told me that, it scared me, I did not have feelings as bad as she had when she had young kids, but I felt the frustration, and realized, the feelings were normal.  It helped so much, just to know I was feeling the same way others feel.

Bearly, you have really struck a cord with me with what you have written.  When I first started taking care of George at home I would become so frustrated with the amount of extra work, extra money, and extra emotions it took to be a caregiver.  He would do the darnest things which made no sense and just cause my frustration level to rise.  There were times I thought I just couldn't handle it, but I knew the alternative was a nursing home and I felt then he would die there and I couldn't stand that thought.  The best way I can describe it was I developed a split personality in that I would respond to him in a calm, kind voice, but on the inside I was raging.  Over time the calm person became bigger than the raging person until now I seldom feel the rage.  But responsibilities can be so overwhelming when you feel there is no where to turn and no one to turn to who will understand.
I have been so blessed with a loving family and friends who I can vent to and be a raging fool.  But the truth is I have thought how much simplier my life would be without having to be a caregiver.  Now 22 years have passed and I still take care of him.  Then my sister becomes disabled and I have now accepted, though not willingly, caregiving is one of my roles in life.  It takes patience I never thought I had -- but my prevailing thoughts are doing the right thing and doing what I would want someone else to do for me.
It is so true we can have thoughts which if known publicly would shame us, but the difference is we don't act upon them.  I call it the Holy Glue that keeps me together.  I understand frustration, but I will never understand taking someone's life to ease my own pain.  I don't think I know what that line is that keeps me (and others) from going over the edge, but I am glad it is there.
Thank you so much for sharing your heart.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2808 on: December 30, 2011, 11:17:52 AM »

Remember the case 4 donks opened a thread on in our "Crimes Against Children, Elderly and the Disabled", that concerned a child whose parents had duct taped her face and bound her ankles & wrists and posted it on FB?  Well, the couple have been arrested.  Good!  But what makes me really mad and sad is the latest article update says not only was the two year old mistreated in this fashion, they also did the same to a 10 month old infant!!    And not only that, they had hung one of the children upside down!  
Edit:  I've discovered this is actually a second case, and involves an toddler and an infant and occurred in Arizona, as where the first case posted here (by 4 donks) was a toddler and occurred in Chicago.   
Here's the link to the thread 4 donks started and the update article I've just posted:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12545.0
Duct Taped Child on Facebook- Chicago

What is it with these people??!!  

Here's the link to the thread I've started that is actually a different case, and involves a toddler and an infant and occurred in Arizona.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12572.msg1499388#msg1499388
Photos of 2 Duct Taped and Bound Children Posted on Facebook - Arizona Case

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:29:48 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2809 on: December 30, 2011, 12:05:30 PM »

Remember the case 4 donks opened a thread on in our "Crimes Against Children, Elderly and the Disabled", that concerned a child whose parents had duct taped her face and bound her ankles & wrists and posted it on FB?  Well, the couple have been arrested.  Good!  But what makes me really mad and sad is the latest article update says not only was the two year old mistreated in this fashion, they also did the same to a 10 month old infant!!    And not only that, they had hung one of the children upside down!  
Edit:  I've discovered this is actually a second case, and involves an toddler and an infant and occurred in Arizona, as where the first case posted here (by 4 donks) was a toddler and occurred in Chicago.  

Here's the link to the thread 4 donks started and the update article I've just posted:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12545.0
Duct Taped Child on Facebook- Chicago

What is it with these people??!!  
Here's the link to the thread I've started that is actually a different case, and involves a toddler and an infant and occurred in Arizona.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12572.msg1499388#msg1499388
Photos of 2 Duct Taped and Bound Children Posted on Facebook - Arizona Case

Thanks for the link.
OMG,what is wrong with these people?  
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:32:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2810 on: December 30, 2011, 01:14:43 PM »

Trimmy, what a boooooootiful gown you have on for the New Year!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2811 on: December 30, 2011, 02:30:56 PM »

Insurance adjuster just here along with the Trustee for the parsonage.  Almost $2,000 in damage, not counting my area rug which was burned and other miscellaneous items.  Grateful the company was on the ball and sent someone right away.  Now I can clean up this mess as best I can.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2812 on: December 30, 2011, 02:32:03 PM »

Trimmy, what a boooooootiful gown you have on for the New Year!
Thank you Nut! Brandi made it for me,and i even have room for my long johns underneath. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2813 on: December 30, 2011, 02:35:39 PM »

I'm sorry for the sea of red in the two above posts, but I was trying to correct errors.  Are we going to have to start a sub-category in "Crimes Against Children, Elderly and The Disabled" for cases like the two where children's mouths were duct taped and hands and feet bound as a joke to post on FB?     Two cases are two too many imo! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2814 on: December 30, 2011, 02:38:18 PM »

I'm sorry for the sea of red in the two above posts, but I was trying to correct errors.  Are we going to have to start a sub-category in "Crimes Against Children, Elderly and The Disabled" for cases like the two where children's mouths were duct taped and hands and feet bound as a joke to post on FB?     Two cases are two too many imo! 
Maybe it should be "Abuse Cases" or WTH were they thinking?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2815 on: December 30, 2011, 02:50:17 PM »

Sister, I'm really sorry to hear about the fire and damage from the candle accident.  I've been trying to find an article that I had come across previously concerning candles that could just burst into flame like yours seems to have.  You mentioned in your post it wasn't a "cheap" one either.  The article I read and still haven't relocated mentioned how there are so many pirated and "knock-offs" being imported and sold as the real deal, including  purses,candles and etc.  I wonder if you've somehow gotten one of these?  From what I recall, a lot of the merchandise comes from China and even though it looks just like the real thing, they're not and of course they can have all kinds of chemicals in them and etc. because of lack of oversight.  Unsuspecting folks end up with this dangerous junk unfortunately. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2816 on: December 30, 2011, 05:11:37 PM »

Sister, I'm really sorry to hear about the fire and damage from the candle accident.  I've been trying to find an article that I had come across previously concerning candles that could just burst into flame like yours seems to have.  You mentioned in your post it wasn't a "cheap" one either.  The article I read and still haven't relocated mentioned how there are so many pirated and "knock-offs" being imported and sold as the real deal, including  purses,candles and etc.  I wonder if you've somehow gotten one of these?  From what I recall, a lot of the merchandise comes from China and even though it looks just like the real thing, they're not and of course they can have all kinds of chemicals in them and etc. because of lack of oversight.  Unsuspecting folks end up with this dangerous junk unfortunately. 
Could be, of course.  What is a puzzlement to me is I have never heard of a taper candle exploding.  The ones is jars, yes, particularly when it get close to the bottom, which is why I never burn mine all the way done.  Just can't explain why the candle stick exploded sending shards of glass and flame across the room.  Found where my area rug had a burn with glass embedded that I will need to get a knife to get out.  When I say it exploded, it really did.  Again, thank God for water.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2817 on: December 30, 2011, 06:07:37 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

Just been lurking lately - hope all are doing well.

Chubbie and The Criminal
  Caddy!!!! Stop lurking, hope all is well with the family. Miss you  an angelic monkey
Thanks JSM and all the monkeys that have prayed for my family.  My dad is doing wonderful, thanks be to God and some wonderful doctors and following their guidance.  My Mom is not doing well.  Just when we think there is an answer in getting the help she needs, an obstacle arises.  Every day brings challenges and different opinions of what she needs, whether it be from family or doctors.  It is truly a very heavy burden on one's heart.  Just keep my Mom in your prayers...Cad
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2818 on: December 30, 2011, 06:18:53 PM »

So, the sort of good news is that they did not total the truck. Going to take a week or so to be fixed. I had kind of set my heart on a new one. Oh well, perhaps I can talk hubs into it yet!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2819 on: December 30, 2011, 06:56:41 PM »

I think JSM needs these watches to go with her golf bag and shoes  Monkey Devil!  (hint hint CC)

http://tinyurl.com/7kyaw8a
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.