April 27, 2024, 11:40:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #29 10/24/11 -  (Read 724609 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: November 01, 2011, 10:01:04 PM »

good to know about the milk..will change it around when I buy some next time..

Dancing is on...Justin Bieber is performing..he is really cute..I think that he is losing his voice though..maybe it was just the song that he sang..you know those young boy singers once they get a bit older....

You were right about not buying it at a gas station. Hubby says they are in coolers, not refrigerators there, with no back to them, and the doors get opened a lot, lowering the temperature.

So they spoil fast.

Incidentally, the date on milk is a "sell by" date, not an expiration date. They should be good for about a week after the date, depending on how they have been stored by you and those who handled it before you got it.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #401 on: November 01, 2011, 10:36:02 PM »

Thanks to all of you for the prayers for my Dad.  He is out of the hospital and at home now.  Long story...I am not sure we know the root of the problem but he is comfortable at home.  I got back to B'ham last night and will return to  relieve my sis on thursday.  He can't stay alone.

His mind is sharp - all of his faculties are  there but his physical presence is waning.

I love coming here to read what all of you have to say!!

Chubs and the Criminal
Caddy praying for your Dad, so glad he has you and your sister to relieve each other. Prayers for him, y'all and kisses to Chubs and Criminal.  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #402 on: November 02, 2011, 07:07:11 AM »

Wow - what a night!
If you are anti gun you should probably stop reading . . .

Got a call from my sis about 330 this morning (never a good thing) and she was terrified. She heard someone banging on her back door and the dog was going crazy. So I headed over there (did remember to put clothing on first!) and low and behold as I pull around the far side of her house (she lives in the old family farmhouse and the barnyard is next door I had pulled in there) HERE COMES SOME GUY AROUND THE CORNER!!!    Being the well prepared person I am (LOL) I had my weapon out and told him to freeze or I would shoot. He thought I was kidding! A warning shot over his head made him a bit more cooperative- I got a little scared when he reached down the front of his pants - thought I would have to make a choice! Luckily he was drunk and stupid. Called the cops but before they got there over 45 minutes later he had called his buddy to pick him up. About 2 minutes after that, the dispatcher called and wanted to know if he had been picked up in a red car - I told them yes and they said they had got them about 1/2 mile from the house.

We live in the middle of nowhere but I had no idea a B&E in progress would take 45 minutes to get a cop to the house. Now I am more then ever glad I made the choice to get and learn how to use a gun. This guy was just drunk and stupid but it could have been a bad situation. My sister feels bad that she got him in trouble but she is home with two 5 year old girls with no hubs in the house. I would have done the same thing and not regret it one second.

Such a sad commentary on life. Now I need a nap because I could not go back to sleep!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #403 on: November 02, 2011, 07:29:32 AM »

My brother arrived a short time ago.  First time I've seen him since his stroke.  He looked so tired I commented, and now he is resting.  Asked us to wake him if he doesn't appear by 6:00 p.m.  He's never taken a daytime nap before. 

I think as we get older and are not working, more of us indulge in a daytime nap Wink

Hope he is doing well, can!

Glad you are getting in a visit too.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #404 on: November 02, 2011, 07:39:45 AM »

My brother arrived a short time ago.  First time I've seen him since his stroke.  He looked so tired I commented, and now he is resting.  Asked us to wake him if he doesn't appear by 6:00 p.m.  He's never taken a daytime nap before. 

I think as we get older and are not working, more of us indulge in a daytime nap Wink

Hope he is doing well, can!

Glad you are getting in a visit too.

oops.   Thank you Brandi.  My bro has never taken a nap at my house when he has visited in the past.  I expect the long drive down tuckered him out.  He appeared before 6 p.m. and had better color and ate a hearty dinner.
This morning we will take our Mom and her husband out for the day.
A reminder to me to savor every mment with those we love.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #405 on: November 02, 2011, 07:45:20 AM »

Bless his heart Can. Glad he can get some rest. Is he doing better other than being tired?

I'm not sure that there hasn't been some set-back from the stroke.
He sure as heck ate heartily last night though!   

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #406 on: November 02, 2011, 07:48:59 AM »

Wow - what a night!

Got a call from my sis about 330 this morning (never a good thing) and she was terrified. She heard someone banging on her back door and the dog was going crazy. So I headed over there (did remember to put clothing on first!) and low and behold as I pull around the far side of her house (she lives in the old family farmhouse and the barnyard is next door I had pulled in there) HERE COMES SOME GUY AROUND THE CORNER!!!    Being the well prepared person I am (LOL) I had my weapon out and told him to freeze or I would shoot. He thought I was kidding! A warning shot over his head made him a bit more cooperative- I got a little scared when he reached down the front of his pants - thought I would have to make a choice! Luckily he was drunk and stupid. Called the cops but before they got there over 45 minutes later he had called his buddy to pick him up. About 2 minutes after that, the dispatcher called and wanted to know if he had been picked up in a red car - I told them yes and they said they had got them about 1/2 mile from the house.

We live in the middle of nowhere but I had no idea a B&E in progress would take 45 minutes to get a cop to the house. Now I am more then ever glad I made the choice to get and learn how to use a gun. This guy was just drunk and stupid but it could have been a bad situation. My sister feels bad that she got him in trouble but she is home with two 5 year old girls with no hubs in the house. I would have done the same thing and not regret it one second.

Such a sad commentary on life. Now I need a nap because I could not go back to sleep!

I am proud of you !!!!

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #407 on: November 02, 2011, 07:55:25 AM »

Wow - what a night!

Got a call from my sis about 330 this morning (never a good thing) and she was terrified. She heard someone banging on her back door and the dog was going crazy. So I headed over there (did remember to put clothing on first!) and low and behold as I pull around the far side of her house (she lives in the old family farmhouse and the barnyard is next door I had pulled in there) HERE COMES SOME GUY AROUND THE CORNER!!!   Being the well prepared person I am (LOL) I had my weapon out and told him to freeze or I would shoot. He thought I was kidding! A warning shot over his head made him a bit more cooperative- I got a little scared when he reached down the front of his pants - thought I would have to make a choice! Luckily he was drunk and stupid. Called the cops but before they got there over 45 minutes later he had called his buddy to pick him up. About 2 minutes after that, the dispatcher called and wanted to know if he had been picked up in a red car - I told them yes and they said they had got them about 1/2 mile from the house.

OMG.  what a night!  
I don't think your sister has anything to feel bad about.  I would have been terrified in her circumstance.  
You are brave!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit to add missing quote bracket. MB
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 12:52:28 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #408 on: November 02, 2011, 07:57:58 AM »

Good morning Monkeys! 

obviously I'm not doing well posting this morning.  my fingers feel like stumps.

have a grrreeaat day everyone! 
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #409 on: November 02, 2011, 08:08:03 AM »

Wow - what a night!

I am proud of you !!!!

My only regret is wasting a bullet on the sky - but I guess it is the price one pays!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #410 on: November 02, 2011, 08:09:14 AM »

Wow - what a night!

Got a call from my sis about 330 this morning (never a good thing) and she was terrified. She heard someone banging on her back door and the dog was going crazy. So I headed over there (did remember to put clothing on first!) and low and behold as I pull around the far side of her house (she lives in the old family farmhouse and the barnyard is next door I had pulled in there) HERE COMES SOME GUY AROUND THE CORNER!!!   Being the well prepared person I am (LOL) I had my weapon out and told him to freeze or I would shoot. He thought I was kidding! A warning shot over his head made him a bit more cooperative- I got a little scared when he reached down the front of his pants - thought I would have to make a choice! Luckily he was drunk and stupid. Called the cops but before they got there over 45 minutes later he had called his buddy to pick him up. About 2 minutes after that, the dispatcher called and wanted to know if he had been picked up in a red car - I told them yes and they said they had got them about 1/2 mile from the house.

OMG.  what a night!  
I don't think your sister has anything to feel bad about.  I would have been terrified in her circumstance.  
You are brave!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit to add missing quote bracket.  MB

Not sure I am brave but I do get pizzed when someone tries to mess with my family! I am glad I did not have to shoot him - paperwork is a pain in the butt!
 Monkey Devil!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 12:53:17 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

- George Bernard Shaw
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: November 02, 2011, 08:30:04 AM »

Wow - what a night!

TBM That is so scary. So glad you were there for your sister. Glad you had the gun, should have shot out the tires so they couldn't get away until the cops got there. Sorry the cops took so long to get there. Just glad no one was hurt and certainly glad you were there for your sister.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: November 02, 2011, 08:54:26 AM »

Bless his heart Can. Glad he can get some rest. Is he doing better other than being tired?

I'm not sure that there hasn't been some set-back from the stroke.
He sure as heck ate heartily last night though!   

an angelic monkey Can I hope he hasn't had a set back. Glad he ate heartily last night, that is a good sign. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: November 02, 2011, 08:58:09 AM »

Good morning Monkeys! 

obviously I'm not doing well posting this morning.  my fingers feel like stumps.

have a grrreeaat day everyone! 
Have a great day Can with the family.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: November 02, 2011, 09:03:19 AM »

Wow - what a night!

I am so glad ya'll are okay. 
Nothing scarier than a woman with her gun. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: November 02, 2011, 09:04:01 AM »

no no no. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: November 02, 2011, 09:37:11 AM »

no no no. 

Feelling better Trimm?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: November 02, 2011, 09:58:16 AM »

TBM...you go girl~ ya did good! don't mess with TBM!

Brandi..thanks for the info on the milk...I finally figured out that gas station milk does not last like milk from the grocery store..but your hubs explanation of the coolers being opened constantly makes perfect sense...

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: November 02, 2011, 10:14:02 AM »

TBM...you go girl~ ya did good! don't mess with TBM!

Brandi..thanks for the info on the milk...I finally figured out that gas station milk does not last like milk from the grocery store..but your hubs explanation of the coolers being opened constantly makes perfect sense...
Hey Cookie, that explanation makes a lot of sense that Brandi's husband gave, my mom drinks organic milk and that stuff seems to last forever. I don't like it, tastes icky.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #419 on: November 02, 2011, 10:16:34 AM »

TBM - You are one brave chica!!  I am glad you were there for your sister - I know I would have been too scared to be much help.  so glad  that no one was hurt.

Woke up to find out now my mother is in the hospital, and the vet came to get her cats who are sick and old.  He wanted to put them to sleep and asked my sister, so she said yes.  It is the right call but I don't know how this is going to affect Mom's mental health now.  (MY parents are divorced and in different cities).  So my siblings are having to split up and some go help Mom and some go help Dad.

I heard a comment lately, I am sure it is not novel, but it rang a bell with me - "Getting old is not for sissies."

You monks take care of each other, I may be out of pocket after tomorrow - headed back to Dad.

Chubs and the Criminal (they are loving the cool weather!!)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.