March 28, 2024, 11:37:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NBA  (Read 47018 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2011, 07:49:36 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/shorter-nba-schedule-42-back-back-backs-15100737
Shorter NBA Schedule Has 42 Back-to-Back-to-Backs
December 7, 2011

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2011, 07:08:57 PM »

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/12/08/labor-deal-reached/
NBA Board of Governors ratify 10-year CBA
December 8, 2011

NEW YORK -- The NBA Board of Governors has ratified a new 10-year collective bargaining agreement, enabling training camps and the free agency period for the 2011-12 season to begin on Fri., Dec. 9 at 2 p.m. ET. As previously announced, the NBA will begin its 66th season on Christmas Day.

"I am pleased to announce that we have concluded the collective bargaining process and have reached an agreement that addresses many significant issues that were challenges to our league," said NBA Commissioner David Stern. "This collective bargaining agreement will help us move toward a better business model, a more competitive league and better alignment between compensation and performance."

The agreement includes a 50-50 split of basketball-related income, a higher luxury tax with progressive tax rates and the retention of a soft salary cap system. The maximum length of player contracts will be five years (previously six) and maximum annual increases in salaries will be 7.5% for teams re-signing their own players and 4.5% for teams signing other teams' free agents.

On non-economic issues, the league has bolstered its drug program to include offseason testing, increased penalties for violations involving performance-enhancing drugs, and blood testing for human growth hormone

(HGH) once the test is validated by a neutral panel of scientific experts.

Beginning this season, teams can assign veteran players with their consent to the NBA Development League and, effective with the 2012-13 season, there will be no limit on the number of times players with three years or less of experience can be assigned to their team's NBA D-League affiliate.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2011, 08:32:51 PM »

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7334572/nba-sets-dangerous-precedent-los-angeles-lakers
NBA sets a dangerous precedent
By nixing the Paul-to-L.A. deal, the league makes a clear move against the big markets

December 9, 2011

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2011, 11:59:07 AM »

Soon, MuffyBee! Soon  Smile

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2011, 01:20:37 PM »

Soon, MuffyBee! Soon  Smile

I'll be ready 

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2011, 07:45:59 AM »

PREDICTIONS  Smile  Let the season begin   

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/15/probasketballtalk-previews-the-entire-nba/related/

ProBasketballTalk previews the entire NBA
Kurt Helin
Dec 15, 2011, 10:45 PM EST

As if you haven’t noticed, NBA previews for all 30 NBA teams popped up at ProBasketballTalk faster than a Scott Baio rumor. But more accurate.

::snipping2::

EASTERN CONFERENCE
Atlantic Division
Boston Celtics (prediction 44 wins)
Toronto Raptors (prediction 18 wins)
New York Knicks (prediction 40 wins)
New Jersey Nets (prediction 31 wins)
Philadelphia 76ers (prediction 34 wins)

Central Division
Cleveland Cavaliers (prediction 20 wins)
Indiana Pacers (prediction 36 wins)
Chicago Bulls (prediction 48 wins)
Milwaukee Bucks (prediction 30 wins)
Detroit Pistons (prediction 25 wins)

Southeast Division
Atlanta Hawks (prediction 36 wins)
Orlando Magic (prediction, Dwight Howard gets traded)
Miami Heat (prediction 52 wins)
Charlotte Bobcats (prediction 26 wins)
Washington Wizards (prediction 24 wins)

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Northwest Division
Portland Trail Blazers (prediction 38 wins)
Minnesota Timberwolves (prediction 23 wins)
Utah Jazz (prediction 29 wins)
Denver Nuggets (prediction 42 wins)
Oklahoma City Thunder (prediction 51 wins)

Southwest Division
San Antonio Spurs (prediction 44 wins)
Dallas Mavericks (prediction 46 wins)
Memphis Grizzlies (prediction 39 wins)
Houston Rockets (prediction 32 wins)
New Orleans Hornets (prediction 20 wins)

Pacific Division
Sacramento Kings (prediction 25 wins)
Los Angeles Lakers (prediction 48 wins)
Los Angeles Clippers (prediction 37 wins)
Phoenix Suns (prediction 37 wins)
Golden State Warriors (prediction 28 wins)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2011, 08:17:39 AM »

Thanks Sharon!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2011, 07:21:50 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/sbnation

sbnation SB Nation
The NBA is back, and it's time to break down what's coming in 2012. @andrewsharp begins by previewing the East: sbn.to/t51EoG
2 hours ago

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2011, 01:16:06 PM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2011, 01:22:42 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/nba-season-finally-set-tip-off-christmas-15227963
NBA Season Finally Set to Tip off on Christmas
By JON KRAWCZYNSKI AP Sports Writer
December 24, 2011

::snipping2::
Let the games begin.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2011, 07:14:14 AM »

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Happy Holidays MuffyBee. Thanks for all you do

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2011, 09:19:06 AM »

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Happy Holidays MuffyBee. Thanks for all you do

LOLOLOL at your dancing santa!!  Happy Holidays to you Sharon!!  LET THE GAMES BEGIN

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2011, 02:04:20 PM »

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2011/12/nba-power-rankings-for-2011-12-season/
NBA power rankings for 2011-12 season
By Justin Boyd
December 24, 2011

NBA writer Mike Monroe breaks down and ranks the league after the slew of moves were made in a short time for a 66-game season.
More...

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2011, 07:09:14 AM »

Interesting day of basketball yesterday -- so very grateful that the season finally started 

As a result of the lockout and lack of 'practices' it's going to take a while for some of the teams to 'gel' with all of the player changes. And some of the early injuries will also have impact once they return. I'm not sure yesterday was an indication of how the teams will really perform once the season gets into the groove.

All jmo.

But I was in all my glory with 5 games to watch. 

And Santa heard my prayers -- there were tickets for 3 home games waiting for me in my stocking.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2011, 07:13:45 AM »

Also wanted to add -- I thought the new NBA commercials were awesome.

I guess something good came out of all the 'downtime' -- at least for the ad agencies. lol

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2011, 10:16:31 AM »

Interesting day of basketball yesterday -- so very grateful that the season finally started 

As a result of the lockout and lack of 'practices' it's going to take a while for some of the teams to 'gel' with all of the player changes. And some of the early injuries will also have impact once they return. I'm not sure yesterday was an indication of how the teams will really perform once the season gets into the groove.

All jmo.

And Santa heard my prayers -- there were tickets for 3 home games waiting for me in my stocking.

Whoo -hoo!!   Feast and famine! 

You must have been a very, very good girl this year if you got tickets for 3 home games in your stocking! 

Tonight it's Rockets VS Magic, and I'll be rooting for the Rockets.  GO ROCKETS!! 

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »

Good luck MuffyBee!

GO ROCKETS! I'm not an Orlando fan Smile

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2011, 12:17:47 PM »

All jmo.

Boy!! -I hope you're right!!!  Monkey Devil!   Your Heat looks in playoff form!!

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2011, 07:49:32 AM »

lol @ wreck   

well...maybe some teams gave an indication 

wreck -- I'm a real fan. I had season's tickets and went to the games the year we only won 16

I take nothing for granted --  let the games begin   

(I have a picture I need to find and post -- of the Mav's getting their trophy in June .... in D Wade's house. We were there)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/01/04/2012-all-star-ballot/
NBA and Sprint tip off 2012 NBA All-Star balloting
January 4, 2012

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.