March 28, 2024, 03:28:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thomas "TJ" Murray Jr. 24 , Sam Houston State Student Msg 10/19/11 Huntsville TX  (Read 60513 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: October 26, 2011, 12:12:54 PM »

http://itemonline.com/local/x717134907/SHSU-student-goes-missing-in-Montgomery-County
SHSU student goes missing in Montgomery County
October 25, 2011

After spending last Wednesday night at a Montgomery County bar, 24-year-old Thomas Murray's phone was found in a ditch near the sports bar. His car was left in the bar's parking lot. Murray has not been seen since.
Murray, a Sam Houston State University student, is from south Montgomery County. He spoke to his father by phone around 12:30 a.m. and no one has heard from him since.
James Fitch, deputy chief of the University Police Department, said UPD is assisting Montgomery County officials with the investigation in case Murray is seen or heard from in this area.
“We haven't received anything from Montgomery County that there's been any indication of foul play,” Fitch said. “He's a student. We've gone to his professors to be sure that he hasn't been in class. He hasn't been seen up here, which further shows that he is missing.”
 ::snipping2::

**edit to add City to title
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 02:41:09 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 12:15:25 PM »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/College-student-missing-in-Montgomery-Co-2235309.php
College student missing in Montgomery Co.
October 25, 2011

Authorities are searching for a 24-year-old Sam Houston State University student who was last heard from by family members last week after leaving a sports bar in Montgomery County.

Thomas Murray Jr., who is nicknamed T.J., was seen leaving the bar on Sawdust Road just after midnight Wednesday, according to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office. He spoke with his father from his cell phone about 30 minutes later, but no one in his family has seen or heard from him since.

Deputies said Murray's cell phone was later found in a ditch near the bar and his pickup was parked in the bar's parking lot.

Deputies said there appear to be no signs of foul play, but it is unusual for Murray not to contact his family regularly.
Murray is described as 5 feet, 6 inches tall and he weighs 140 pounds. He has blue eyes. He was wearing shorts and a red T-shirt with white lettering on it.

Anyone with information about Murray's whereabouts is urged to contact Detective Keith Funderburk at the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office at 936-60-5876 or the Sheriff's dispatcher at 936-760-5800.
(Photo at Link)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 06:51:14 PM »

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/courier/news/equusearch-now-looking-for-missing-shsu-student/article_94141292-d74f-582a-8a8e-157fd9817a39.html
Equusearch now looking for missing SHSU student

Posted October 25, 2011
Updated October 26, 2011

Update: The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office is looking at surveillance videos of businesses in the area where missing Sam Houston State University TJ Murray, 24, was last seen on Oct. 18 and 19, Lt. Dan Norris said.

The search now underway by Equusearch is "just a starting point," Norris said, which is why it's taking place near where Murray was last seen.

Update: Searchers with Texas Equusearch are currently meeting to look for T.J Murray, 24, a Sam Houston State University student who has not been heard from since leaving a bar on Rayford Road, in South Montgomery County, in the early morning hours of Oct. 19.

Equusearch officials are meeting immediately under the I-45 North bridge near the Rayford-Sawdust exit, according to Equusearch's automated calling system
The last time Tom Murray heard from his son, TJ, was around 12:30 a.m. Oct. 19, when TJ assured his father he wouldn't drive Tom's truck home from a bar in South Montgomery County.

But TJ's family and friends haven't heard from him since, and the Murray family and the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office are asking the public's help in finding TJ, a 24-year-old student at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville who is named for his father.

"I believe somebody out there knows where he is," Tom Murray said Tuesday afternoon at MCSO offices. "I know somebody out there has to know where he is."

TJ, an Oak Ridge High School graduate, and some friends had been out at several bars in South Montgomery County the night of Oct. 18, including Rookies, located at 305 Sawdust Road in Spring, and the last place TJ was seen, at On The Rox Sports Bar and Grill at 592 Sawdust Road, Tom Murray said.

"I called him around midnight expecting him to be home already," Tom Murray, a physical education teacher at Oak Ridge High School, said. "Then I called him right at 12:30 (a.m) and he told me, ‘I'm not driving your truck."
TJ, who is 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs 140 pounds, has blue eyes and was wearing a red T-shirt with white lettering and wearing shorts, had umpired some Little League baseball earlier in the evening, then went to the bars, Tom Murray said.

For some reason, Tom Murray said, his son told him he had been locked out of Rookies, but it's not clear why.

The MCSO is checking into any service calls to the bar that night, and is looking for witnesses, Lt. Dan Norris said.

"At this point, we don't know the answer," Norris said.

Tom Murray spoke with a friend who was with his son at On The Rocks before TJ disappeared, and the friend said he had gone to the restroom. When he came back out into the bar, TJ was gone, and the friend assumed TJ had left, Tom Murray said.

TJ's cellphone was found in a ditch in the area, but MCSO officials would not say where it was found or if any other calls were found on the phone after Tom Murray's last call to his son.

TJ lives in an apartment in Huntsville, but MCSO officials would not say which apartments.

Tom Murray went to On The Rocks later in the morning on Oct. 19 and found his pickup truck still in the parking lot
Friends of TJ's have started a Facebook page, "Bring Thomas Murray Home Safely."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 06:54:54 PM »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Search-continues-for-missing-college-student-2237453.php
Search continues for missing college student
October 26, 2011

Authorities have stepped up their search for a Sam Houston State University student who went missing after hanging out with friends at a Montgomery County sports bar last week.

Thomas Murray Jr., called "T.J." by family and friends, was last seen leaving On the Rocks sports bar on Sawdust Road just after midnight Oct. 19 after spending time there with friends, according to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office. Murray had just umpired a Little League baseball game and went to the club with his friends after the game.

Murray called his father on his cell phone about 12:30 a.m. to let him know he was leaving his father's truck at On the Rocks and was riding with friends to Rookies, another bar on Sawdust Road. He called his father again to let him know he had been separated from his friends but would leave the truck at Oak Ridge High School, investigators said.

Murray's cell phone was found in a ditch near the first bar and his pickup was parked in the bar's parking lot.

Deputies said there appear to be no signs of foul play.

"We are examining the surveillance from nearby businesses and talking with friends," said Lt. Dan Norris of the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office. "Right now there's no new developments."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 06:59:22 PM »

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/132605823.html
Texas College Student Missing, Father Mounts Desperate Search
A desperate father is asking for the public's help locating his missing son who was last seen at a Texas sports bar.

October 26, 2011

T.J. Murray (KBTX-TV)

HUNTSVILLE (October 26, 2011)--A desperate father is pleading for help finding his missing son who attends Sam Houston State University in Huntsville.

T. J. Murray, 24, was last seen last Wednesday at a sports bar near The Woodlands.

"We are all worried. His little brother is his best friend. He's 11, and we just want him back," said Tom Murray, Murray's father.

Murray was last seen leaving a sports bar on Sawdust Road near the Woodlands shortly after midnight last Wednesday.

Investigators say he last spoke with his father by phone around 12:30 a.m. when leaving the bar.

His cell phone was later found in a ditch near the sports bar.

His truck was in the parking lot.
Anyone with information on the missing student is asked to call the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Dispatch at (936) 760-5800.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 10:25:09 PM »

Oh, no, not another young college guy.  This just happens too often. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 11:41:27 PM »

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/courier/news/dogs-atvs-and-helicopter-brought-in-on-search-for-missing/article_a8e2b755-ee48-50f0-bc76-c0f249b8115f.html
Dogs, ATVs and helicopter brought in on search for missing SHSU student
October 26, 2011

Search crews seemed to focus on two areas of interest Wednesday in the search for TJ Murray, a 24-year-old Oak Ridge High School graduate who has been missing since Oct. 19.

The search, open only to EquuSearch members, law enforcement and Murray's family, centered near an area off I-45 at Spring Creek and another area near Borough Park Drive near Sawdust Road.

The area being searched near Borough Park Drive is less than a mile from the last place Murray was seen, a South Montgomery County bar.

"Our detectives are involved in this case," Montgomery County Sheriff's Lt. Dan Norris said. "They have interviewed friends and family, they have reviewed surveillance tapes to see if (Murray) could be spotted. The physical searches you're seeing (Wednesday) are only starting spots. They're places close to the last place (Murray) was seen."

Searchers on foot and on all-terrain vehicles, and officers with police dogs scoured the areas, as did a helicopter flying just above the treeline near Spring Creek.
Prior to visiting local bars Oct. 18, TJ Murray had umpired at an Oak Ridge Woodlands Area Little League game. He is an umpire with ORWALL.

"We're devastated," said Dawn Becker, president of ORWALL. "He's a great person. He has exemplary umpiring skills. He was always on time. People enjoy working with him.
TJ is 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs 140 pounds. He has blue eyes and was wearing a red T-shirt with white lettering and wearing shorts. His cell phone was found in a ditch in the area, and the truck he was driving was found in the parking lot of the On The Rox bar.

Anyone with information about TJ Murray is asked to contact MCSO Detective Keith Funderburk at 936-760-5876, MCSO Dispatch at 936-760-5800 or Montgomery County Crime Stoppers at 800-392-STOP (7867).

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 11:43:03 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGob2QUKhoc
SHSU student Thomas Murray Jr. missing
October 25, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 11:50:59 PM »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/29595913/detail.html
Drivers Spot Large Search Effort For Missing Student In The Woodlands
October 26, 2011

THE WOODLANDS, Texas -- Law enforcement officers and dozens of searchers fanned out into new territory, and drivers along I-45 spotted quite a show in the search for a missing college student, Local 2 Investigates reported Wednesday.

A helicopter dipped down below the tree line and scanned a wide area of land along I-45 North between the Hardy Toll Road and Sawdust Road for more than two hours.

Volunteers from Texas EquuSearch were in action to look for any traces of 24-year-old Thomas "T. J." Murray, a Sam Houston State University student from Huntsville who was reported missing on Oct. 19.

Montgomery County sheriff's deputies said he was last seen leaving the Rookie's Sports Bar on Sawdust Road after being locked out of the bar and becoming separated from a friend.

His father told deputies his son called to say he would not be walking home from the bar. His cellphone was then found in a nearby ditch and his pickup truck was also found in the parking lot.

"I have a feeling someone did something with my son," said the father, Thomas Murray Sr., a coach at Oakridge High School for 31 years.

The father said he has heard of no new leads or clues that led search parties to the swath of land just south and east from the bar.
Along with the low-flying helicopter above and beside I-45, other search teams fanned out on all-terrain vehicles while others prodded with poles on foot in the heavily wooded areas near the freeway.

The father told Local 2 Investigates that he believes searchers are simply covering new ground in the nearest secluded spots where bodies have been found in the past.

He also said sheriff's deputies asked him to turn in his own cellphone on Wednesday as they search for any new leads.

He said he handed over the phone and deputies then returned it to him. He was then planning to return to the search site to watch for any new developments.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 09:14:59 AM »

Did his friends leave the bar at the same time that he did?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 09:22:34 AM »

Did his friends leave the bar at the same time that he did?

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/courier/news/equusearch-now-looking-for-missing-shsu-student/article_94141292-d74f-582a-8a8e-157fd9817a39.html

Tom Murray spoke with a friend who was with his son at On The Rocks before TJ disappeared, and the friend said he had gone to the restroom. When he came back out into the bar, TJ was gone, and the friend assumed TJ had left, Tom Murray said.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Search-continues-for-missing-college-student-2237453.php
Murray called his father on his cell phone about 12:30 a.m. to let him know he was leaving his father's truck at On the Rocks and was riding with friends to Rookies, another bar on Sawdust Road. He called his father again to let him know he had been separated from his friends but would leave the truck at Oak Ridge High School, investigators said.

Murray's cell phone was found in a ditch near the first bar and his pickup was parked in the bar's parking lot.

Deputies said there appear to be no signs of foul play.

"We are examining the surveillance from nearby businesses and talking with friends," said Lt. Dan Norris of the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office. "Right now there's no new developments."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 09:26:23 AM »

http://www.houstonianonline.com/news/search-continues-for-missing-shsu-student-1.2660501#.TqlZD3JZrwI
Search continues for missing SHSU student
Posted October 26, 2011
Updated October 27, 2011

Authorities are still searching for 24-year-old Thomas Murray Jr., a junior consumer sciences major from Sam Houston State University.

Murray was last seen late Tuesday, October 18 night at Rookies Sports Bar & Grill located at the Woodlands, Texas.

Murray last spoke to his father on the phone around 12:30 a.m. and no one has heard from him since, said the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office. His cell phone was later found in a ditch near the sports bar, and his pickup truck was in the bar's parking lot.

Rookies Sports Bar & Grill refused to comment on the situation.

"He told us he was going to the bar with his high school buddies as one of his friends is in the military and was going to be shipped overseas," said Ian Hollifield, senior psychology major.

Hollifield and Jake Mayfield, junior construction major, live in the same apartment building that Murray lives in and said they just started hanging out with him not too long ago.

"We have no idea what happened to him," said Mayfield. "I texted him to see if he wanted to come over and play zombies [part of Call of Duty] but he never texted back."

Tammy Milum, an official from SHSU Registrar's Office, confirmed that Murray is an SHSU student.

Although there are no indications of foul play it is unusual for Murray not to have contact with family members. According to the MCSO

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 09:27:19 AM »

I wonder how much he'd had to drink.  Maybe he got confused and thought his friends had left the bar when they were just in a different part.  Maybe there were security cameras in the parking lot.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 09:35:06 AM »

Here's what I find interesting:  (Bolded by me). 

"I believe somebody out there knows where he is," Tom Murray said Tuesday afternoon at MCSO offices. "I know somebody out there has to know where he is."

TJ, an Oak Ridge High School graduate, and some friends had been out at several bars in South Montgomery County the night of Oct. 18, including Rookies, located at 305 Sawdust Road in Spring, and the last place TJ was seen, at On The Rox Sports Bar and Grill at 592 Sawdust Road, Tom Murray said.

"I called him around midnight expecting him to be home already," Tom Murray, a physical education teacher at Oak Ridge High School, said. "Then I called him right at 12:30 (a.m) and he told me, ‘I'm not driving your truck."
TJ, who is 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs 140 pounds, has blue eyes and was wearing a red T-shirt with white lettering and wearing shorts, had umpired some Little League baseball earlier in the evening, then went to the bars, Tom Murray said.

For some reason, Tom Murray said, his son told him he had been locked out of Rookies, but it's not clear why.

The MCSO is checking into any service calls to the bar that night, and is looking for witnesses, Lt. Dan Norris said.

TJ's cellphone was found in a ditch in the area, but MCSO officials would not say where it was found or if any other calls were found on the phone after Tom Murray's last call to his son.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 09:37:31 AM »

http://fatcatwebproductions.com/the_paper/node/3264
Equusearch to continue searching for missing college student today
October 27, 2011

SPRING, TEXAS - Updated - Searchers with Texas Equusearch will continue Thursday morning at 7:30 a.m. at Spring Creek at I-45 to search for T.J Murray, 24, a Sam Houston State University student who has not been heard from since leaving a bar on Rayford Road in the early morning hours of Oct. 19.

Requested are ATVs and foot searchers , if you are interested in helping, contact Frank Black at 713-301-6813.

Thomas (TJ) Murray Jr. (24) was last seen leaving a sports bar on Sawdust Road shortly after midnight on October 19, 2011.

Murray last spoke with his father by phone around 12:30 a.m. and no one has heard from him since that time. Murray’s cell phone was later found near the sports bar in a ditch and his pickup truck was in the parking lot.

TJ is a student at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas and though currently living in Huntsville his family lives in South Montgomery County.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 09:39:29 AM »

http://texasequusearch.org/category/missing/active/
Missing: Thomas Murray, Jr., 23 Yrs., Spring, TX, 10/19/11
October 25, 2011

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 10:01:10 AM »

Here's what I find interesting:  (Bolded by me). 

locked out makes me think he went out the emergency exit and it locked behind him.  thrown out would mean the bouncers asked him to leave and won't let him back in.  And, if one of the 'friends' went to the restroom, where were the others?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 05:52:15 PM »

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/magnolia/news/vigil-for-tj-murray-set-at-oak-ridge-high-saturday/article_13d17eac-00da-11e1-8626-001cc4c002e0.html
Vigil for TJ Murray set at Oak Ridge High Saturday
October 27, 2011

Friends of T.J. Murray's, the 24-year-old Oak Ridge High School graduate and Sam Houston State University student who went missing Oct. 19, are planning a vigil for him from 6-8:30 p.m. Saturday on the football field at Oak Ridge High School.
The MCSO and Texas Equusearch began searching for TJ on Wednesday, concentrating their efforts – on foot, ATV and by helicopter – near Spring Creek at Interstate 45.

The search Friday will "probably be a much reduced search," MCSO Lt. Dan Norris said, as investigators work out what the next step will be.

Lipscomb and other friends of TJ Murray's also have put together a Facebook page, "Bring TJ Murray Home Safely," and bracelets with that same message will be sold at the vigil for $4 apiece, she said.

Funds from bracelet sales and any donations received at the vigil will go toward putting up a reward to bring in any information that might help locate TJ, Lipscomb said.

"Someone knows something, and isn't big enough to come forward," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 01:53:34 PM »

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Prayer-vigil-held-for-Sam-Houston-State-student-who-vanished-132878918.html
Prayer vigil held for Sam Houston State student who vanished
October 30, 2011

CONROE, Texas —The family of a missing Spring man held a prayer vigil at Oak Ridge High School on Saturday night.
TJ Murray disappeared ten days ago.
On October 19, his son was out with friends and was last seen leaving a sports bar on Sawdust Road. The truck he was driving was left in the parking lot and his cell phone was found in a nearby ditch.

“He’s somewhere or someone has him but this isn’t like him,” says the man’s mom Janelle Murray.
She says her son beat Leukemia after being diagnosed when he was only 5 years old. He survived a bad car accident and he’s a fighter.

“I’m just staying positive until we hear something,” says Janelle Murray.

The Murrays plan to organize their own search early next week.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 02:12:44 PM »

His facebook

http://www.facebook.com/20ThomasMurray06
Pages: 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.