March 28, 2024, 06:42:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Herman Cain Discussion Thread  (Read 1090 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 30, 2011, 06:53:05 PM »

I tend to like Herman Cain.  A man who didn't know his real job was to manage failure and managed to turn the Godfather Pizza chain around...some have even suggested the pizza wasn't really that good.  A man who made the proverbial silk purse out of a sow's ear...

What's not to like?

I don't like his skirting the Federal Reserve question.  I say - open the books, transparency, and let the "End the Fed" campaign begin.  Why does Herman seem to avoid this issue?  Try to wave a magic wand over it?  Maybe Herman has some 'splainin' to do?

The abortion issue.  I was highly pro-choice when I was young and ignorant.  As time passed, I see there are so many emotional, practical, religious, and moral issues regarding this issue.  I'm not sure what the right decision for everyone is.  I believe life starts at conception.  Life is not guaranteed at conception.  Many miscarry in the first three months.  Conception is no guarantee of life. 

I don't think taxpayer money should be used to fund abortion.  Pregnancy is not a illness or a disease.  Why should any taxpayer, health plan, insurance, or participant be forced to fund someone's abortion?  If Americans had health savings plans, I imagine the user could fund their own abortion.  After paying for this 'service' out of pocket or savings account, perhaps they would be more careful in the future.  Accidents do happen, the costs should not be socialized.

Should government be a part of anyone's decision?  I don't think so.  Regardless of the law, history shows that women still find way's to have abortions. 

Should we follow the path of Romania and it's dictator couple?  Force women to take pregnancy tests?  Prosecute those who's pregnancies miscarry, abort, or disappear?  Force women to have children?  Big families?  Make birth control illegal (pills)?

Should we follow the example of China with it's one child policy?  Forced and coerced abortions? 

Perhaps we should let the 50 states and territories decide?  Let their be diversity in our nation?  I would imagine that over time, some states will 'evolve' in either direction. 

In my mind, the government shouldn't be involved in every aspect of our daily living.  I think the abortion decision should be at the lowest political unit - the family.  Families come in all sizes, starting with just one person...

If charities want to fund abortions - great.  I would imagine/hope a charity would make better use of donor dollars than the government does of tax dollars.

I think that 50 states should have diversity.  The diversity to choose a currency (abolish the Fed), the diversity to determine the abortion question.  One size doesn't fit all.

Just my humble opinions.

Anyone else with Cain commentary?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.