May 28, 2024, 04:28:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #502 7/26 - 7/28/2006  (Read 155870 times)
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2006, 01:48:57 AM »

Quote from: "anidac"
Quote from: "thirdstrike"
Quote from: "anidac"
Prince was from my era and I like some of his early classics from back in the day but he later stuff after he changed his name to a symbol wasn't very appealing to me.

Yeah, I've heard that argued a lot actually anidac!  I too have been a fan since the early days (probably dating me a bit, but I was a young buck when I first started listening to him).  But, you just have to listen w/an open mind (to the new stuff), and you'll begin to feel what you felt with the so-called "classics".  All the elements are there.  Even hisn newest disc "3121" has an old time Prince feel...

Actually :3121: is much better than the short period that I didn't care for much but then again, I had four young children then and some what stressed with my husband in Germany and no family around to help.  I leaned toward calming sounds during that time.  LOL

Well, give them another listen.  I guarantee you they'll have a more positive impact on your senses this time around...Wink  I'd especially recommend "The Gold Experience".  Wait...that CD is actually out of print these days.  I can hook you up if you wanted a copy...
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2006, 01:52:40 AM »

Where'd everybody go?  Ok...maybe I'm a little funky, but not that much!  I'll shower in a few.  No need for everyone to run off...Wink
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #242 on: July 27, 2006, 01:56:16 AM »

Quote from: "spooky112483"
Ok, I am off reading this piece that BFN put together. Excellent work!!

Yeah, I've been reading through it myself actually.  Got about half more to go.  There's a few things I didn't know in there (like Boeti was the one who they used to "pin" the initial suspicion on the 2 guards, for example).  I'm looking forward to reading the rest after leaving all you fine people...Wink

Very good stuff indeed!  They should be proud...

And I hope that it will be helpful to the people working on helping Natalee's family...

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: July 27, 2006, 01:56:47 AM »

Where'd everybody go?  Ok...maybe I'm a little funky, but not that much!  I'll shower in a few.  No need for everyone to run off...Wink

Heh, heh, guess everyone is zoning out on their Prince CD's.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #244 on: July 27, 2006, 01:57:16 AM »

Quote from: "KatzHome"
Quote from: "spooky112483"
Ok, I am off reading this piece that BFN put together. Excellent work!!

Yeah, I've been reading through it myself actually.  Got about half more to go.  There's a few things I didn't know in there (like Boeti was the one who they used to "pin" the initial suspicion on the 2 guards, for example).  I'm looking forward to reading the rest after leaving all you fine people...Wink

Very good stuff indeed!  They should be proud...

And I hope that it will be helpful to the people working on helping Natalee's family...

Amen!  At the very least, it should open some sleepy eyes...
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #245 on: July 27, 2006, 01:57:57 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Heh, heh, guess everyone is zoning out on their Prince CD's.

I know, huh?  Guess I shouldn't complain too much...
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #246 on: July 27, 2006, 01:59:15 AM »

Quote from: "casa"
Quote from: "casa"
I'm here, Katz.  I'm playing with the picture stuff!  I think I may have the hang of it!

{{{hugs}}}  Casa cutie pie!  Yeah...  Pictures are fun....  

Embarassed videos are better..

real life just might kill me... but, I'd die happy...   Wink

Like those Prince videos! Wink

Very Happy yeah!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2006, 02:03:07 AM »

GOODNIGHT ALL - remember it's not about any of us, it's about Natalee.  Have a good evening, see you all tomorrow.
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #248 on: July 27, 2006, 02:03:12 AM »

Wink

Come on now...  you know that's not enough to scare us away....

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: July 27, 2006, 02:06:42 AM »

So I guess Inside Edition was nothing huh???

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2006, 02:06:56 AM »

Wink

Hope not!  If my funk is emitting from your computer screens, we may have a problem Katz!!  Wink
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2006, 02:11:21 AM »

Wink

Hope not!  If my funk is emitting from your computer screens, we may have a problem Katz!!  Wink

Yeah, I never have to worry about that, I shower once a month whether I need it or not.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2006, 02:11:37 AM »

Headed out the door
Started a new thread in the lounge
"Rumor of a Monkey Birthday
http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?p=24097#24097

Just in case the rumor is true Wink

G'nite All

SeeYaByeee

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
anidac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2006, 02:11:51 AM »

I am still here.  Actually, I think that CD is in our libray somewhere.  I use to know another musician that work not with Prince but around him.  We use to discuss the music theory and techniques Prince uses and how he is considered a qenius in the music cirles even by those that hate his music.  In those circles they say his is just many years too early for society to accept in masses.  I am not going to tell you what else is in my collection.  Let's just say I have LPs and 45s.  I have "The Monkeys", "Rubber Sole", "Beatles", "Cream", "Paul Rever & the Raiders", Herman's Hermits", and the list goes on...  Now my CD collection is too large to remember and covers everything from classical to new age....jazz, you name it.  I grew up as a musician and studied classical and improve jazz.  My uncle played with Ray Charles.  My first paying job started in Junior Hight teaching music.  So...  Now you know a little more about me. LOL

Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2006, 02:12:03 AM »

Good Night Monkeys, and Good Morning to the morning crew.

Prayers for Nonesuche.

Prayers for resolution for Natalee's family.

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
anidac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2006, 02:21:00 AM »

Good night folks.  I have to get up in 2.5 hours.  Overstayed tonight.

KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2006, 02:21:40 AM »

OK Strike ~ you have mail...

KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2006, 02:23:58 AM »

Wink

Laughing  Laughing   Reminds me of my brother-in-law when he's working in the yard and I go to kiss him hello or good-bye...

Yet ~ none of them had a problem hugging me when I was belly dancing...  well...  my dad was a little embarrassed....   Embarassed

KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2006, 02:25:24 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Wink

Yeah, I never have to worry about that, I shower once a month whether I need it or not.

Laughing But the real question is:

Do you like Prince?

I wanted to answer that to one of your previous posts...  it took a little while, plus another opportunity to present itself, before I could work up the courage to ask that...   Laughing  Embarassed  Very Happy

thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2006, 02:27:30 AM »

OK Strike ~ you have mail...

Got it Katz!!  And, I have to tell you...very impressive!!  You should be proud of that artwork.  far better then I could have done.  Bravo!!  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.