April 20, 2024, 02:34:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #502 7/26 - 7/28/2006  (Read 154584 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #960 on: July 28, 2006, 12:10:37 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
Ms Marple - are you all alone?

Not sure what you mean ??? At the moment I'm in a large office complex in Atlanta  Laughing  And I have a family ...

CBB - Who is going to raise Hayden? (Sorry - that's almost funny; not intended ... )

I don't want to get too personal, but I know someone who was orphaned by the time she was 8. A series of aunts and uncles "took turns" for about 5 years - unfortunately things were badly managed and she was not exactly welcome. Then, finally, another Uncle & Aunt took her in to KEEP, and all was good from then on ... it left a big void in her life, though. (This is NOT me, btw - but someone I know well.)

I want to know that as well.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Mrsn2itiv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #961 on: July 28, 2006, 12:11:14 PM »

TGIF Monkeys! Cool

O/T  I noticed some have avatars and some do not.  I tried to upload one last night, but nooooooooooooo, I'm still just a little ole red x

Ty,
x in the box Laughing  Wink

ps: {{{{Big ole Monkey Hugs to All}}}

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.  RWE
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #962 on: July 28, 2006, 12:11:33 PM »

Jacquie and Sharon - if Memory serves me correctly drinking age in NY went from 18 in 80' to 19 in 81' and was then raised to 21?

I graduated HS in 79 at 18 1/2 and was legal? Shocked

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #963 on: July 28, 2006, 12:13:07 PM »

Quote from: "Mrsn2itiv"
TGIF Monkeys! Cool

O/T  I noticed some have avatars and some do not.  I tried to upload one last night, but nooooooooooooo, I'm still just a little ole red x

Ty,

1.  Your avatar needs to be on a site like photobucket
2.  Copy the URL (without the IMG tags) and paste it in the THIRD option in your profile for avatars.

GOODMORNING ALL!
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #964 on: July 28, 2006, 12:14:17 PM »

... and just have to jump in and say that regardless of the NYC drinking age laws, the bar's role, or even the NYPD role in events (since they "let her" wander away while dealing with the car and her friend's illness - not sure of that exact scenario) -

- had it not been 18-yr-old Jennifer Moore, it would have been someone else, of whatever age ...

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #965 on: July 28, 2006, 12:14:34 PM »

Jacquie and Sharon - if Memory serves me correctly drinking age in NY went from 18 in 80' to 19 in 81' and was then raised to 21?

Ya know I think you are correct.

I remember being able to get served at 18 1/2 and I graduated in 80...

It was kinda confusing though... Rolling Eyes

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #966 on: July 28, 2006, 12:15:46 PM »

Klaas - who told us that the truck delivering furniture at the VDS right after Nat's disappearence was delivering dog food?

Good Morning!

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #967 on: July 28, 2006, 12:18:07 PM »

Klaas - who told us that the truck delivering furniture at the VDS right after Nat's disappearence was delivering dog food?

Good Morning!

I don't remember.  What I can tell you is that Dana carries more than just furniture.  For all I know they could also carry dog food and sundries in their store.  I'll see if I can search and determine who told that to us, they may have been guessing.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #968 on: July 28, 2006, 12:18:38 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
... and just have to jump in and say that regardless of the NYC drinking age laws, the bar's role, or even the NYPD role in events (since they "let her" wander away while dealing with the car and her friend's illness - not sure of that exact scenario) -

- had it not been 18-yr-old Jennifer Moore, it would have been someone else, of whatever age ...

I agree it seems odd she just wandered away...
But there are alot of unanswered questions.
At this particular lot, there is an inside office and it's possible she was told to wait there while the police could have been tending to the other girl who fainted...

Somehow she gave them the slip....

But this is pure speculation on my part...

I do know that the father has been very vocal , giving interviews stating that he holds no one responsible for her murder except the suspect.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #969 on: July 28, 2006, 12:19:12 PM »

Such babies, you 2 Very Happy

I turned 21 in 1974 -- so being legal ceased to be a problem for me awhile ago. Very Happy

But now I feel bad for all those kids growing up in the sticks of Bergen County! They can't even cross the state line for a bit of legal fun Very Happy

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Mrsn2itiv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #970 on: July 28, 2006, 12:19:24 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
TGIF Monkeys! Cool

Ty,

1.  Your avatar needs to be on a site like photobucket
2.  Copy the URL (without the IMG tags) and paste it in the THIRD option in your profile for avatars.

GOODMORNING ALL!
WooHoo!! TY!!!

and Good Morning  Very Happy Klaas!!!!

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.  RWE
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #971 on: July 28, 2006, 12:25:21 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
http://tinyurl.com/n2raf

Story above on unerage drinking....

Related to Jennifer Moore murder.

I saw suspect on the news last night, as he was being brought into police station...

He tried to kick reporters and photographers on his way in...

Looked like a mad dog.

Hello all...I hope they sue the night club and shut it down!! You know when I worked for a civic group and we did fundraisers selling beer at local festivals we had to take a class on how to recognize fake id's and underaged drinkers because the people selling booze ARE responsible!! But no one is coming down on theses clubs so they don't care!!

And I am even afraid to say this...but I think I am the only one you thought Yates got the right verdict...but I have a thorough understanding of her disease...have a family member with it.

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #972 on: July 28, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »

Quote from: "sharon"
Embarassed  Embarassed

Thanks Jacqueline.

I guess that sort of gives away my age range Laughing  Laughing

I did move away from the area in 1979.

Wink

This raised my curiosity, because I couldn't remember exactly when it changed.  I did a search and found an article that said NJ changed from 19 to 21 in 1983, and then found the following in another one:

On July 17, 1984, President Ronald Reagan signed the national 21 minimum drinking age legislation into law to eliminate the deadly "blood borders" between states that had differing minimum drinking age laws. The legislation was originally introduced by Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ), the late-Congressman James J. Howard (D-NJ) and former Congressman Michael Barnes (D-MD) after President Reagan's Commission on Drunk Driving recommended this federal action in its final report issued in 1983. As then Secretary of Transportation, Senator Elizabeth Dole (R-NC) was the chief advocate of the federal 21 law in the Reagan Administration.

I, too, grew up in the time when NY had 18 as legal. and admit having traveled over the border to various bars & clubs with college buddies.  MY DH, however, did a lot of those trips when in HS...he lost a close friend who went off the road DUI and is lucky he survived a couple accidents, himself.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #973 on: July 28, 2006, 12:31:29 PM »

Quote from: "ldstlou"
[
Hello all...I hope they sue the night club and shut it down!! You know when I worked for a civic group and we did fundraisers selling beer at local festivals we had to take a class on how to recognize fake id's and underaged drinkers because the people selling booze ARE responsible!! But no one is coming down on theses clubs so they don't care!!

And I am even afraid to say this...but I think I am the only one you thought Yates got the right verdict...but I have a thorough understanding of her disease...have a family member with it.

I think it was mentioned that they may have known the dj so got in.

But these girls were really trashed...

I thought bar tenders were suppose to cut you off if you have had way too many....

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: July 28, 2006, 12:32:22 PM »

Very interresting post by a new poster at Refugees.

Casara wrote:

NATALEE: THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG?

Will Natalee Holloway ever know of the polarization, which has occurred within our Internet global society; due, to the fact she disappeared while vacationing in Aruba with her fellow graduating seniors? Will she ever know she was just the tip of the iceberg, when it comes to lies, betrayal, and loss of moral concepts within our Internet global society? Will she ever know she dominated an entire news media and Internet with the news of her every photograph and act, as she spent her years growing into a young adult?

Will she ever know how sad some of her fellow human beings have become, while awaiting the news of her return or death? OR will she ever know how despicable some of her fellow human beings have become, while awaiting the news of her return or death? Will she ever know she is just the tip of the iceberg in a society awaiting its own inevitable guilt ridden verdict?

I believe she will… and possibly does at this very moment in time. Will she become saddened by this revelation? If she is wise, she will realize she was a magnificent catalyst that unleashed humanity upon its very self…a mirror of sorts for all who dare to look at themselves and their own true motives for understanding “what truly happened to Natalee Holloway.”

Will she observe the familiar patterns of high school politics on all the Internet websites discussing her disappearance? Will she laugh, as she reads all the rumors, lies, and misconceptions? OR will she cry, as she reads all the rumors, lies, and misconceptions? Will she understand why she has sparked so much controversy?

I doubt she will be able to unveil the true energy behind such things? Afterall, she is so young…so unwise…so caught up in being a straight A honors student and a “good girl.” This is what some of the websites say about her.

Yet…possibly she will understand immediately the mission she was/in on…possibly she will have the help of much wiser beings, who have assisted her in unveiling the MASK of mankind…during this critical time on earth.

OH, I can just hear some of the Internet gurus now! “Oh, give me a break…such dramatics…she (speaking of me) should be a “romance novelist!” Yeah, I know…it is all dramatics, when one begins to speak of the truth of a soul…a soul, who’s mission on earth sparked a war in Internet politics.

It is ok with me, if you ban me…flame me…hang me up to dry…laugh till the cows come home…I could care less, as I am living my own nightmare…the least of which any of you are. I have lost my own sweet son…he is truly dead. Does he have any idea of how much I grieve his departure from this earth? I am not sure…my own deep belief tells me he does.

My own deep belief tells me Natalee Holloway understands the deep impact she has had on ALL OF US. She has probably figured out by now…whether she is alive or dead…her “missing status” has sparked a “missing status” in the morality of humanity. This lack of morality does not just apply to the USA…no, it applies to other countries…but more so…it applies to the great and miraculous INTERNET COMMUNITY.

I want to remind all of you in this “miracle of communication,” called the INTERNET…Natalee Holloway is a human being, who, whether she is alive or dead…she has suffered an unspeakable tragedy. Her family has suffered an unspeakable tragedy…inspite of what some of the Internet Blogs chat about…her mother, father, family, and friends are suffering Natalee’s absence. They wish she was sleeping in her bed…they wish she was driving away in her car (the type and make of her car is of no value whatsoever), they wish no books had to be written, and they wish no television appearances had to be made. Bottom line…is they wish she was SPENDNG TIME WITH THEM AT THIS VERY MOMENT! BELIEVE ME ON THIS…NO MONEY…NO BOOKS…NO ATTENTION COULD EVER REPLACE THE PRESENCE OF MY OWN PRECIOUS CHILD…I CAN TELL YOU THE HOLLOWAY-TWITTYS FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT NATALEE.

Wake up people of the Internet…this is not a story to be exploited…it is a truth yet to be revealed…it is a tragedy…it is an ongoing debate, of which has morphed into a MASK of monstrous proportions! What happened to Natalee Holloway, and what happened to those who care? We don’t even know what happened to Natalee yet, but is this type of hate mongering between forums just the tip of the iceberg?

(I have posted this on several forums on the Internet…we will see which ones actually DO POST IT.)

(OH BY THE WAY, I post as "Andie" on some of the other forums...for some reason I could not register as "Andie" here. I am just happy for the chance to register at all. I want to thank the forum mods for allowing me to do so.)
Mrsn2itiv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #975 on: July 28, 2006, 12:33:52 PM »

Hey Jaq, Lil X and Big X..Are we sistahs????  Shocked  Laughing

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #976 on: July 28, 2006, 12:35:34 PM »

Hey Jaq, Lil X and Big X..Are we sistahs????  Shocked  Laughing

I put a big X until everyone who updates their avatar has company! LOL

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #977 on: July 28, 2006, 12:37:37 PM »

Quote from: "ldstlou"
[

I think it was mentioned that they may have known the dj so got in.

But these girls were really trashed...

I don't care if they knew DJ..he should not have let them in...they were driving and underage and DJ puts whole place at risk. And I am sure they were trashed...friend passed out...but thats because they were youg and inexperienced drinkers. Just makes me mad...if anyone serves my son when he is 18...better believe I will have them shut down!!
So sorry...had to vent!! haha But this should not have happened to ANY 18 year old...sounds as though the friend was close to alchohol poisoning...maybe death?

I thought bar tenders were suppose to cut you off if you have had way too many....

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #978 on: July 28, 2006, 12:37:50 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Good Morning!

I don't remember.  What I can tell you is that Dana carries more than just furniture.  For all I know they could also carry dog food and sundries in their store.  I'll see if I can search and determine who told that to us, they may have been guessing.

Or they may have been, dare I say it?  LYING?  

Do you have my fruit in your photobucket?  Please?  TY

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #979 on: July 28, 2006, 12:40:18 PM »

PEACHES - here you go:

Copy the link below and paste it into the THIRD option in your profile for avatars:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/klaasend/peaches2.gif
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.