April 19, 2024, 09:53:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Judge Beats Disabled Daughter on Video  (Read 14903 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 08:52:36 PM »

how can Judge say that it wasn't as bad as it looked? he wasn't the one getting his arse beat now was he???!! 

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 03:47:17 AM »

I guess he didn't think it through;
""I told him that I had the video, and he acted like he had nothing to worry about," she said. "And I said, I can post the video, of you beating me on the internet, and he said, 'well, you can do that if it makes you feel better.' So I did."
http://www.kristv.com/news/judge-s-daughter-posts-video-of-beating-for-world-to-see/

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 06:53:08 AM »

this is so horrible! this man hates his daughter! you can tell by the way he speaks to her and the fact that he beat her like that and wanted to keep threatening  her even after she was curled up after the beating! and that mother! she was blaming her daughter to save herself a beating instead of stopping it or defending her daughter.
This guy needs to be in jail!
how old is this video and where is the girl now? anyone know?
I am horrified by what I just saw..I kept hoping that if I watched it long enough the mom would jump in....but she didn't....how sad...

just saw that the beating took place in 2004...thanks for the article Muffers..
OMG.It made me sick to my stomach to watch that.I could not stand the screaming.He is no better than the rest of the monsters who have abused and killed children. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 07:00:04 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57316508/texas-judge-beating-video-causing-outrage/
November 2, 2011 11:19 PM
Texas judge beating video causing outrage

::snipping2::
"Lay down or I'll spank you in your (expletive) face," Adams screams. His daughter, Hillary, wails and pleads for him to stop.

No one answered the door at William Adams' home in Rockport on Wednesday, and repeated calls to his office rang unanswered. However, the 51-year-old judge told Corpus Christi television station KZTV on Wednesday that the video "looks worse than it is," and that he doesn't expect to be disciplined or punished because of it.

"In my mind, I haven't done anything wrong other than discipline my child after she was caught stealing," Adams said. "And I did lose my temper, but I've since apologized."

No,William Adams...it is what it is.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 08:56:55 AM »

I forgot to save the article but, the judge was last seen loading luggage and rifles into his trunk . His girlfriend left with him.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 09:05:07 AM »

Ex-wife calls Texas judge in beating video addict

"In a Thursday interview on NBC's "Today" show, Hallie Adams called Aransas (uh-RAN'-zuhs) County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams' addiction a "family secret," but did not elaborate. Their 22-year marriage ended in 2007."

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Ex-wife-calls-Texas-judge-in-beating-video-addict-2249787.php#ixzz1ceASN6rj
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 09:11:27 AM »

I still want to know what was meant by the abuse still continuing even after the divorce?  Did the kids live with the dad?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 09:59:37 AM »

I forgot to save the article but, the judge was last seen loading luggage and rifles into his trunk . His girlfriend left with him.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-investigate-texas-judge-video-beating-14870188#.TrKcZHJZrwJ
Police Investigate Texas Judge Over Video Beating

I don't know if this is same article you read alagary, but I read it too and had earlier snipped it out of the article I posted here.  (I had to find something to snip out...    )
<snip>
On Wednesday, a neighbor said she saw Adams packing up to leave with bags, a briefcase, clothes and rifles, which his girlfriend carried to the truck.

"He looked like he was here for a purpose," said Stephanie Perry, who lives across the street.
<snip>

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 11:14:59 AM »

Hillary and Mother on Today Show 11/3/11 
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45146961/ns/today-today_people/t/daughter-beating-video-why-i-released-it/
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 07:05:41 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57318200-504083/texas-judge-william-adams-says-daughter-posted-beating-video-out-of-spite/
November 3, 2011 6:49 PM
Texas judge William Adams says daughter posted "beating video" out of spite

CBS/AP/KZTV) McALLEN, Texas - Texas family law judge William Adams claims his daughter recently posted a YouTube video of him beating her several years ago because he told her he was reducing her financial support and taking away her Mercedes.

Through his lawyer, the Aransas County Court-at-Law judge issued a statement Thursday in which he questions his daughter Hillary's motives for posting the secretly-made 2004 video online last week.

According to CBS affiliate KZTV, the statement  from Adams' attorney William A. Dudley reads, in part, "If the public must know, just prior to the you tube upload, a concerned father shared with his 23-year-old daughter that he was unwilling to continue to... be her primary source of financial support... Hillary warned her father if he reduced her financial support, and took away her Mercedes automobile, which her father had provided, he would live to regret it. The post was then uploaded."

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 09:03:18 PM »

http://www.statesman.com/news/nation/police-no-charges-to-be-filed-against-judge-1948111.html
Police: No charges to be filed against judge
November 3, 2011

MCALLEN, TEXAS — Police say a Texas judge who was secretly videotaped beating his teenage daughter seven years ago won't face charges because the statutes of limitations have passed.

Rockport Police Chief Tim Jayroe said Thursday that Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams likely would have been charged with causing injury to a child and other assault offenses if the five-year statutes of limitations hadn't expired.

Adams is still being investigated by the state Department of Family and Protective Services, which has requested he not preside over any of its cases.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 09:16:47 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/110311-texas-judge%27s-job-in-jeopardy-after-beating-video-surfaces
Texas Judge's Job in Jeopardy after Beating Video Surfaces
November 3, 2011

The State Commission on Judicial Conduct announced that it had opened an investigation into the video, now viewed more than 2.3 million times on YouTube, that shows Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams beating his then 16-year-old daughter with a belt for using an illegal file-sharing program.
County officials said Thursday that Adams would not hear any cases related to Child Protective Services for at least the next two weeks. And the top administrator in Aransas County cast doubt on whether Adams could credibly return to the bench.
"I would think it would be very difficult," said Aransas County Judge C.H. "Burt" Mills Jr. "Personally I don't see how he can recover from this."
Calls to Adams' office and that of his attorney were not immediately returned Thursday.
Hillary Adams, 23, says the outpouring of support and encouragement she's received since posting the 2004 video online last week is tempered by the sadness that it's her father lashing her 17 times with a belt and threatening to beat her "into submission."

"I'm experiencing some regret because I just pulled the covers off my own father's misbehavior after so many people thought he was such a good person. ... But so many people are also telling me I did the right thing," she told The Associated Press outside her mother's home in the Gulf Coast town of Portland, near Corpus Christi Wednesday.
"He's supposed to be a judge who exercises fit judgment," she said
And she said the videoed attack was not a one-off. "It did happen regularly for a period of time," she told NBC's "Today" show on Thursday.
In the same interview, Hallie Adams blamed her ex-husband's bouts of violence on his "addiction," calling it a "family secret." She did not elaborate. Their 22-year marriage ended in 2007.
Police in Rockport, where the 51-year-old judge lives, opened an investigation Wednesday after receiving calls from several concerned citizens, Police Chief Tim Jayroe said.
Adams, Aransas County's top judge, was elected in 2001 and has dealt with at least 349 family law cases in the past year alone, nearly 50 of which involved state caseworkers seeking determine whether parents were fit to raise their children.
Aransas County Attorney Richard Bianchi said Thursday that a visiting judge would be handling CPS cases on Adams' docket for the next two weeks. The agreement between the judges was only on those specific cases, but Bianchi said the visiting judge should take on all of them.
"It makes sense to me that as long as he's (the visiting judge) here, he'll be travelling from San Antonio, that it might be just as well that he go ahead and handle the whole docket," Bianchi said.
Asked if he had concerns about Adams' ability to handle future cases, or about the impact on cases already processed in Adams' court, Bianchi said his top concern was the integrity of the process going forward.
"We have to do everything we can to protect that process," he said.
The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services did not immediately provide comment, but Bianchi said the agency was involved in the decision to bring in a visiting judge to handle those cases.
Corpus Christi television station KZTV caught up with the judge Wednesday, and he confirmed it was him in the video. But he said it "looks worse than it is" and that he doesn't expect to be disciplined.
The 13-member Commission on Judicial Conduct comprises judges, lawyers and regular citizens. If this initial investigation leads to a formal proceeding, Adams would have an opportunity to make his case to the commission in a hearing. After that hearing the commission has the authority to censure a judge or recommend to the Texas Supreme Court that the judge be suspended or removed. The Supreme Court would then form a tribunal of appellate judges to review the case and make a determination.
Rockport Police and the Texas Rangers are conducting their own investigation. If criminal charges are brought against Adams, the commission could suspend him.
If the judicial commission and police investigations do not amount to anything, Adams could be safe in his seat on the bench for another three years. The last time he ran for re-election he faced no opposition.

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2011, 05:13:17 AM »

I applaud this "spitefu ::MonkeyCool::l bitch"
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2011, 05:18:35 AM »

Adams is still putting blame on the girl. Somehow his threatening to take away her car in 2011 is a reason to beaf her in 2004. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2011, 05:51:49 AM »

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/courier/news/police-no-charges-to-be-filed-against-judge/article_e72e3161-9438-5fcb-a292-1ac2689f4e80.html
Police: No charges to be filed against judge
Posted: Friday, November 4, 2011 2:39 am

Associated Press | 0 comments
McALLEN — Police say a Texas judge who was secretly videotaped beating his teenage daughter seven years ago won’t face charges because the statutes of limitations have passed.
Rockport Police Chief Tim Jayroe said Thursday that Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams likely would have been charged with causing injury to a child and other assault offenses if the five-year statutes of limitations hadn’t expired.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2011, 05:52:12 AM »

I applaud this "spitefu ::MonkeyCool::l bitch"

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2011, 06:57:21 PM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Police-Fed-prosecutor-looking-into-Texas-beating-2249787.php
Police: Fed. prosecutor looking into Texas beating
November 1, 2011

McALLEN, Texas (AP) — Federal prosecutors agreed Friday to look into a video that shows a Texas judge lashing his teenage daughter with a belt, a police chief said a day after authorities said too much time had passed to consider state charges.

Rockport Police Chief Tim Jayroe said he discussed the 2004 video of Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams beating his then 16-year-old daughter with a prosecutor from the U.S. attorney's Corpus Christi office.

"There was nothing that we discussed briefly this morning that to him would indicate there could be any federal involvement, but that he had seen the video and they would look into it," Jayroe said.
U.S. attorney's office spokeswoman Angela Dodge said the office does not comment on investigations but said no federal charges had been filed Friday.

Aransas County District Attorney Patrick Flanigan said Thursday he would not pursue charges against William Adams because the statute of limitations on charges such as injury to a child expired after five years.

"I would expect that yeah, charges would have been pursued but for the inability to proceed due to the statute of limitations," Flanigan said Friday. "You know, whether that would have been a felony or a misdemeanor charge I can't say but I think there would've been some action pursued."

County Attorney Richard Bianchi, meanwhile, said a visiting judge would handle all of Adams' cases, not just those involving the state's child protective services as originally planned, for the next two weeks. Adams often presides over child abuse cases.

"Now the issue is to wait on the actions of the State Commission on Judicial Conduct," Bianchi said, referring to a state panel investigating the judge. Bianchi said he'd be "surprised" if Adams, 51, returned to the bench before the commission concludes its investigation.

The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, which requested that he be removed from its cases until the investigation concludes, is also investigating the case.

Agency spokesman Patrick Crimmins has declined to elaborate on the exact nature of that investigation, but he said the agency generally would only investigate a case in which a suspected abuse victim has already reached adulthood if there are still children in the home who could be at risk.
Adams was granted joint custody of his 10-year-old daughter in his 2007 divorce. There are no allegations of alleged abuse by Adams against his younger daughter.

In his statement Thursday, Adams said he would "respond" to all investigations. As Aransas County's top judge, he has dealt with at least 349 family law cases in the past year alone, nearly 50 of which involved state caseworkers seeking determine whether parents were fit to raise their children.

If the judicial commission and police investigations don't lead to punishment or charges, Adams could be safe on the bench until he's up for re-election in three years.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Police-Fed-prosecutor-looking-into-Texas-beating-2249787.php#ixzz1cmQ8k1oz

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2011, 07:13:49 AM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/111104-judges-daughter-beating-victim-or-spoiled-brat
Judge's Daughter: Beating Victim or Spoiled Brat?
November 5, 2011

HOUSTON - The door is now closed on criminal charges in the case of an Aransas County judge caught on camera whipping his then teenage daughter with a belt. Federal prosecutors said there's no crime depicted on the 2004 video involving County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams.

The statute of limitations expired on state charges.

Hillary Adams first got sympathy when she released the seven-year-old video of her dad violently lashing her with a belt over and over again while verbally abusing her.

Investigations and public outrage followed. It sure seemed like Judge Adams' image was ruined.

Hillary, now 23, took to national television, poised and articulate, to reveal her motivation.

She wants her dad to get help.

"I thought it (Hillary's handling of situation) was masterful up until this point. I think she's had a lot of strategy laid out there for herself," said Margaret Justus, an expert in crisis communication.

But 48 hours after the video went viral, Hillary's dad released a three page statement saying his daughter only posted the video to get back at him for cutting her off financially and taking away her Mercedes.

"She has apparently been using it (the video) all these years to extort him," said Justus.

Justus says Judge Adams does a good job of making people forget about the video and instead praise him for taking a hard stand.

Fox 26 News: "He doesn't paint her at all as a victim."

"Yeah, I think that's clearly smart. He's not trying to hurt her but show she's a capable adult who's probably capable of supporting herself," said Justus.
"Cleary this is a case where there are two sides," she added.
Our viewers have been weighing in on facebook all day.
One writes, "the video makes me so angry."
But the majority discredit Hillary as a "spoiled brat," "maniapulative," and "bitter."
Tonight she responded to Fox 26 via twitter:
"There are outright lies in the statement that I can easily disprove. He is clearly delusional."
"There just should have been some early family therapy , some mediation and it wouldn't have escalated to this level," said Justus.
For many the motivation behind the video isn't what's important. Attitudes about corporal punishment are changing, and this video could be the catalyst that shows people no child should be hit like this.
Judge Adams often presides over child abuse cases. A visiting judge will handle his caseload for the next two weeks and perhaps longer if he decides to wait on the actions of a state panel investigating him.

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2011, 04:27:14 PM »

No matter what her reason for posting the video does not change the FACT that he beat her . I was going to say "beat her like _____" but I just don't have the words.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2011, 05:20:48 PM »

No matter what her reason for posting the video does not change the FACT that he beat her . I was going to say "beat her like _____" but I just don't have the words.

ITA

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.