April 19, 2024, 09:07:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Karen Johnson Swift 44 yo, Dyersburg, TN Last Seen 10/30/11(remains found)  (Read 92987 times)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2011, 07:31:10 PM »

what a name...Hogshooter...

I think it may be a Native American name.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2011, 09:55:04 PM »

what a name...Hogshooter...

I think it may be a Native American name.

could be...

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2011, 08:24:30 AM »

I was thinking about this last night.  I wonder if Karen decided to stop at Hogshooter's home for help and got attacked or if he keeps dogs in his yard that maybe saw her walking by? 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2011, 08:32:15 AM »

John E. Hogshooter Arrested for Aggravated Animal Cruelty for Poisoning Missing Karen Johnson Swift’s Dog

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/11/07/john-e-hogshooter-arrested-for-aggravated-animal-cruelty-for-poisoning-missing-karen-johnson-swifts-dog/

So does this neighbors behavior toward the Swift’s dog have anything to do with missing Karen Johnson Swift? John E.  Hogshooter  was confronted by Karen Swift on the day of the alleged poisoning incident, which lead to the eventual police report and warrant. Did a vendetta develop? A rather bizarre happening indeed and rather curious, especially when the woman who confronted the dog poisoner has gone missing.

Just makes one wonder when one abuses an animal just how well wrapped they are that they might escalate the situation.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2011, 11:02:48 AM »

I was thinking about this last night.  I wonder if Karen decided to stop at Hogshooter's home for help and got attacked or if he keeps dogs in his yard that maybe saw her walking by? 

could be..but I would think that she would avoid him since their confrontation of his poisoning her dog...this is beginning to look like a vendetta possibly....

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2011, 12:41:58 PM »

could be..but I would think that she would avoid him since their confrontation of his poisoning her dog...this is beginning to look like a vendetta possibly....

The report of the poisoning was made October 7th. Could she had waited this long to make a house call between 1:30am and 5:30am?

Why stop at Hogshooter's home, if she could go 150 yards to her home to get her tire fixed?

------
There is no mention of which poison was used.

Investigators signed a warrant for Hogshooter's arrest after results of the poisoning came back from the TBI's crime lab.

Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box stated Hogshooter was taken into custody when deputies saw him pull into the dwelling at 310 Harness Road.

"(Hogshooter's) arrest was based solely on the outstanding aggravated animal cruelty warrant and that is a felony," said Box. "We basically waited on the lab results to come back from the TBI on the poisoning and they confirmed it."

Box added the poisons used to poison the Swifts' and the neighbor's dogs were in Hoghooter's possession.

Hogshooter remains in the Dyer County Jail without bond until his appearance before a judge on Monday morning at the jail.
http://www.stategazette.com/story/1781533.html

However, the comments on Dyersburg State Gazette suggest that the poison was to kill flies, and the dogs (who were roaming loose in the neighborhood) just happened to drink it.

Keep in mind that these are just comments:

i understand it was poison to kill flies, and what was their dogs doing on his property anyway. You cant stop what the dogs are eating or drinking in someone elses property if you dont keep you eyes on your pets. Sounds like someone wanted to make an arrest because of swifts missing person report, wrong if so, shame on them.
-- Posted by jc in dyersburg on Sun, Nov 6, 2011, at 5:42 AM

...and...

A person who is trying to kill flies with radiator fluid, something I've never heard of, would not put the liquid in a pan laying on the ground where any bird, dog, cat, rodent, etc. could drink it.

It is my opinion this act was intentional. Granted, dog owners should be responsible and make certain they don't roam the neighborhood. However, deliberately poisoning/killing them is a felonious act and this man deserves to be charged and hauled into court to answer for his evil conduct.

Facebook page for Karen Swift: http://facebook.com/find.karen.swift

Karen Swift flyer downloads: http://tinyurl.com/karen-swift-flyers
-- Posted by Maria Nelson on Sun, Nov 6, 2011, at 10:25 AM

Some of these are hilarious, though:

it was not radiator fluid, it was a blue checimal you mix with water and if the owners would stop their pet from crapping on his property, they might still be alive. He ask them to stop this, but they didnt care, so now that this lady went missing, everyone wants to start judging, be carefull whom we judge, for we will be judge also.
-- Posted by jc in dyersburg on Sun, Nov 6, 2011, at 1:56 PM

Last one:
He better hope the murder rap sticks and not the animal abuse charge! He will get the death penalty for the dogs. He will get way less time for the murder if he gets a good lawyer. There is no way to get out of killing dogs, ask M. Vick!!! Well they might toss the book at him since this one made national news and it was a woman.
-- Posted by JoeSquid on Sun, Nov 6, 2011, at 6:48 PM

I hope it's alright to post a few comments. If not, please delete.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2011, 07:39:43 PM »

Well, I was thinking that if Karen were walking by his home on the way back to her's maybe his dog attacked her and he panicked?  Or, maybe she didn't want to have to ask her soon to be ex for help with the car and decided to ask the neighbor to help???  Do we really know what was said in the dog incident?  Maybe it wasn't as ugly as the media has reported?   

CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2011, 04:57:23 AM »

Well, I was thinking that if Karen were walking by his home on the way back to her's maybe his dog attacked her and he panicked?  Or, maybe she didn't want to have to ask her soon to be ex for help with the car and decided to ask the neighbor to help???  Do we really know what was said in the dog incident?  Maybe it wasn't as ugly as the media has reported?   

Sadly, what if he is the one who found her with the flat tire?
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2011, 01:01:50 PM »

Ten days since Karen disappeared, police say they aren't giving up... yet.

They are using all kinds of high tech equipment, and many LE members to search woods, etc... They will take pictures of the areas where evidence was found and plot the area for future use in court, if the case goes to trial.

The THP sent a helicopter and a Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT) to assist Box in his investigation. A professional photographer was used to take aerial photos of the land and the CIRT team took detailed measurements using laser total stations.

Also, a brush-removal company was assisting the sheriff's department by removing debris alongside Harness Road and chipping it up to allow for a better search area.

I hope this debris removing army doesn't destroy any valuable evidence.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1782081.html

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2011, 10:25:37 PM »

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1782077.html

Suspect released on bond in dog-poisoning case
John E. Hogshooter, 39, 310 Harness Road, appeared in front of a judge on Monday morning and was given a bond of $2,500, which he made shortly after his appearance.

Dyer County Sheriff's Dept. Chief Investigator Terry McCreight said due to the nature of Hogshooter's case and the proximity to Swift's residence they had to look at him as part of their investigation into her disappearance. As a result, Hogshooter's vehicle was temporarily impounded and investigators searched his Harness Road residence.

McCreight said Hogshooter's vehicle was released back to him and no noteworthy evidence was found during their searches.

Karen Swift was reported to have gone to the dwelling to speak to Hogshooter, but he was not there and she saw a blue rocky substance in a pan.

Karen never spoke to Hogshooter!!!!!!!!  So, would he have known that she had gone to his home and later called LE?

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2011, 10:19:17 AM »

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1782077.html

Suspect released on bond in dog-poisoning case
John E. Hogshooter, 39, 310 Harness Road, appeared in front of a judge on Monday morning and was given a bond of $2,500, which he made shortly after his appearance.

Dyer County Sheriff's Dept. Chief Investigator Terry McCreight said due to the nature of Hogshooter's case and the proximity to Swift's residence they had to look at him as part of their investigation into her disappearance. As a result, Hogshooter's vehicle was temporarily impounded and investigators searched his Harness Road residence.

McCreight said Hogshooter's vehicle was released back to him and no noteworthy evidence was found during their searches.

Karen Swift was reported to have gone to the dwelling to speak to Hogshooter, but he was not there and she saw a blue rocky substance in a pan.

Karen never spoke to Hogshooter!!!!!!!!  So, would he have known that she had gone to his home and later called LE?

Hogshooter was maybe staying at that address on Harness Rd. His address was quoted as 285 Pennell Lane:

John E. Hogshooter, 39, 285 Pennell Lane, was arrested by sheriff's officers on Saturday for aggravated animal cruelty while performing their search of a wooded area on Harness Road in Dyer County. Hogshooter is accused of poisoning two dogs in the area, one of which belonged to the Swifts.
http://www.stategazette.com/story/1781533.html

So, maybe he stays there, but he lives elsewhere... or maybe he stays in both places and has no place of his own.

-----

This morning the police released the picture of the white SUV that Karen drove, and a picture of the location where it was found. The article says the car was facing North, and was stopped right before a left turn to turn into Harness Rd.

The picture shows a lot of dirt on the tires, but it could be from the ground where it parked, cause the streets don't seem so muddy... except where she lives, the entrance seems not paved:

The tracks on the ground seem to have turned coming North, unless these tracks were made by police, or the guy who says he checked on the car that morning:

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1782538.html
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2011, 10:25:21 AM »

In the day the car was found, the news said that tiretracks were found nearby and molds were made of them. I wonder if they turn out to be Marty Lamb's tires.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2011, 10:57:42 AM »

So, how would Hogshooter even know that the Swift's had reported the poisoning to LE?  Wouldn't LE have arrested him on the spot if they'd talked with him about it?

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2011, 01:24:52 PM »

ive been reading,and getting confused,about this case,here are some things
i looked at
the addy,that the news article listed for hogshooter,not sure which addy
i found 2,on google maps,but gis map for tn,lists a dif house # and owner
so im confused about that,and the pennell addy is several miles south from
the car area map,im going to try and fig it out,wish me luck

285 Pennell Lane dyersburg tn
and
285 Pennell Ln Exd, Dyersburg, TN
http://g.co/maps/t57wg

its weird,if swift car was heading north,where was she coming from,and help was close by
IE: her home,millsfield V fire dept,lock store,and the Forestry Division all with in a
mile or so

A.swift car/flat tire
and
B.310 HARNESS RD  dyersburg tn/hogshooter addy,and the gis lists him as owner
Owner: HOGSHOOTER JOHN E ET UX
Owner 2: BRONWEN K HOGSHOOTER
Address: HARNESS RD 310
and
C.65 WILLIE JOHNSON dyersburg tn/swift addy
Owner: SWIFT DAVID ET UX
Owner 2: KAREN SWIFT
Address: WILLIE JOHNSON 65
G-map of
http://g.co/maps/6fbmd

tn gis map info link
http://www.assessment.state.tn.us/SelectCounty.asp?map=true&SelectCounty=023
Edit to change out of gas to flat tire.  MB
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 09:33:26 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2011, 04:19:08 PM »

ive been reading,and getting confused,about this case,here are some things
i looked at
the addy,that the news article listed for hogshooter,not sure which addy
i found 2,on google maps,but gis map for tn,lists a dif house # and owner
so im confused about that,and the pennell addy is several miles south from
the car area map,im going to try and fig it out,wish me luck

285 Pennell Lane dyersburg tn
and
285 Pennell Ln Exd, Dyersburg, TN
http://g.co/maps/t57wg

its weird,if swift car was heading north,where was she coming from,and help was close by
IE: her home,millsfield V fire dept,lock store,and the Forestry Division all with in a
mile or so

A.swift car/out of gas

and
B.310 HARNESS RD  dyersburg tn/hogshooter addy,and the gis lists him as owner
Owner: HOGSHOOTER JOHN E ET UX
Owner 2: BRONWEN K HOGSHOOTER
Address: HARNESS RD 310
and
C.65 WILLIE JOHNSON dyersburg tn/swift addy
Owner: SWIFT DAVID ET UX
Owner 2: KAREN SWIFT
Address: WILLIE JOHNSON 65
G-map of
http://g.co/maps/6fbmd

tn gis map info link
http://www.assessment.state.tn.us/SelectCounty.asp?map=true&SelectCounty=023

(Bolded by me)

Karen Swift's car didn't run out of gas, it had a flat tire when it was found.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-missing-tennessee/story?id=14867155#.TrHMUXJZrwI
<snip>
Swift's car, a white 2004 Nissan Murano, was found less than a mile away with a flat tire. The car has been sent to a crime lab in Nashville for forensic testing.
<snip>

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2011, 10:26:08 PM »

The Huffington Post is reporting that clothing that belonged to Karen was found in some bushes near the car.

"They found her Halloween costume in the car. Some other articles of clothing that belonged to her -- a pair of jeans and a gray zip-up -- were found in some brush not far from her car. They confirmed [the clothing items] belong to her. They took DNA from her mother and compared it to DNA on the clothes," Swift's friend Laura Jane told The Huffington Post.
This not officially confirmed, of course... so take with a grain of salt.

Another of Karen Swift's friends, Lori Burks, told The Huffington Post that David Swift has hired an attorney.

"Her husband has [allegedly] quit talking to the authorities. He has got an attorney. This is the most recent information we have received," Burks said.
More salt needed.

Because Hogshooter allegedly poisoned Swift's dog and lives in close proximity to her residence, investigators impounded his vehicle and searched his home after she went missing. Authorities did not find any items connecting him to Swift's disappearance and do not consider him a suspect.
So Hogshooter is just guilty of poisoning dogs, and for being an ahole.

Karen and David Swift

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/09/karen-johnson-swift-missing-clothing_n_1084468.html#s462869&title=Karen_And_David

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2011, 10:34:19 PM »

TY MB for the correction,flat tire,not out of gas (I edited your post to read "flat tire" MB)

was the jack,and tire tampered with,like someone was going to use it but didnt
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 09:34:33 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2011, 12:34:36 AM »

When I first saw the tracks left by the car, it was obvious that the car was not headed North, but was headed South and then turned around.

The Gazette confirms this:
The photos show Swift's white 2004 Nissan Murano pointed north on Millsfield Highway on the shoulder of the highway. Investigators believe the vehicle was originally headed south (into Dyersburg), but had a flat tire and the vehicle pulled across the oncoming lane and was parked in the opposite
http://www.stategazette.com/story/1782538.html

Okay, so far stuff looked like the hubby is an innocent bystander, but things are beginning to look hinky.

First off, the clothing... no underwear left behind? The clothing (jeans and top on the brush near the car) makes it appear as if there was a spur of the moment (flat tire incident) sexual attack.

But, how many (spur of the moment) attackers leave the clothing behind but take the person or body with them?

So far no news of footprints on the mud around the car.

If she had a flat going South, just turning into the highway... why not park on the right side of the road, which is closer to her home? And, if she turned around... why not park closer to a residence or light pole, instead of choosing the isolated spot?

Heck, in the middle of the night I would've drove home with a flat tire, done it twice before in the daytime.

Seems that maybe the flat tire, the clothing on the bush, the turning around of the car were things done to make it appear as if she had a flat and was attacked. Maybe the police should check the home, to see if they find indications of where she could've gone... maybe check her computer, do a luminol test, or something.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2011, 10:17:59 AM »

I would have driven home on the flat tire too

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2011, 12:09:38 PM »

Let's hope this old sheriff doesn't get bamboozled and side-trackled by the husband and his lawyer.

Yes, he's got a lawyer, but the sheriff has other resources, too.

Hopefully the case doesn't turn into another Drew Petersen, Craig Stebic, Josh Powell, etc... type of case.

I said it before and I say it again... when two people are divorcing, they should not be living in the same home. You don't want to tempt someone into doing evil things.

JMO

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.