March 28, 2024, 03:29:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Karen Johnson Swift 44 yo, Dyersburg, TN Last Seen 10/30/11(remains found)  (Read 92718 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 02, 2011, 07:12:22 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-missing-tennessee/story?id=14867155#.TrHMUXJZrwI   Hat tip:  Itaryl Moosee
Mother of Four Missing in Tennessee
November 2, 2011

Karen Johnson Swift, 44, was last seen at her home in Dyersburg, Tenn. at around 1:30 a.m. Sunday. (Dyer County Sheriff's Office)

::snipping2::
Karen Johnson Swift, 44, was last seen by her husband at her home in Dyersburg at approximately 1:30 a.m. on Oct. 30. Dyersburg is about 75 miles northeast of Memphis.

Swift's car, a white 2004 Nissan Murano, was found less than a mile away with a flat tire. The car has been sent to a crime lab in Nashville for forensic testing.

The Dyer County Sheriff's Office is "aggressively investigating" her disappearance, according to a statement from Sheriff Jeff Box. Agents from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Tennessee Highway Patrol and the FBI's Violent Crimes Task force have been searching for Swift with ground searches, helicopters and bloodhounds.

Authorities suspect foul play in Swift's disappearance.
Swift's father Gary Johnson, 67, told ABCNews.com that the family is "worried to death" and that Swift's four children—two boys and two girls—are devastated.

"She had never missed a day since they can remember that she wasn't there to wake them up at 6 a.m.," Johnson said.
Johnson described his daughter as a talented landscaper with a devoted group of customers in her hometown of Walnut Ridge, Ark., where her parents live. Swift was scheduled to go to Arkansas today to do some landscaping.

Swift's mother last spoke to her on Friday. "She sounded excited about coming down here and working," said her father.

He imagines that his daughter got a flat tire and thought she'd just walk home when something must have happened to her.

"She usually runs about three miles a day. She's in real good shape," he said. "She probably figured she'd be able to get home in 10 minutes [on foot]."

Swift is in the process of getting divorced and her husband has been interviewed by police and is not considered a suspect.
Swift has blonde hair and green eyes. She is 5 feet 5 inches and weighs 138 pounds. Investigators are asking that anyone who may recall seeing Swift or has any information regarding her location contact the Dyer County Sheriff's Office at 731-285-2802.
(edit to add "remains found" to subject line.  MB)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 09:25:26 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 08:44:27 PM »

Karen's facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/karen.j.swift2?sk=wall
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 08:47:51 PM »

Looks like she also had a yard lady service:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002537491891&sk=wall
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 08:50:46 PM »

This is their main newspaper:
http://www.stategazette.com/

Paraphrasing, cause they have a copyright note at the bottom of the page... arg!

Karen, 44, was reported missing on Sunday. She was last seen Sunday morning by her husband at their home on Willie Johnson Rd. Her white 2004 Murano was found on Millsfield Highway, near the intersection of Harness Road with a flat tire.

Swift's cell phone is missing, and they searched the area where she last had cell phone activity.

Karen's vehicle was impounded on Sunday. It was shipped Tuesday to the TBI's crime lab in Nashville, to have forensic tests done.

On Tuesday afternoon, sheriff's investigators focused their search in an area at the end of Willie Johnson Road. They found unidentified tire tracks in that area and made a molding of them.

The Sheriff's spokeman said that the investigation is still being treated as a missing persons case, that there is no foul play involved so far.

Karen Johnson Swift is described as:

Race: White

DOB: 1/25/67

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Green

Height: 5' 5"

Weight 138 lbs.

Anyone who has had contact with Swift, recalls seeing anyone near her vehicle since her disappearance, or has information regarding her whereabouts is asked to contact the Dyer County Sheriff's Office at 731-285-2802.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1780107.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 08:53:16 PM »

She was in a race or participated in a race on 10/22/2011

http://www.racesonline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=public.race_detail&race_id=12524

Date/Time:    10/22/2011 8:00 AM
Type:    Running/Walking
City:    Dyersburg, TN
Director:    Karen Swift
Email:   swift-14@hotmail.com
Phone:    731 377 5549
Distance:   5k/2mi walk & kids fun run
Details:   1st annual 5k/2mi walk/kids fun run! FAW is a dance studio, owner Cathy Bona! The competition dancers are raising money for nationals in spring 2012.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 08:59:03 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 09:07:05 PM »

This is the facebook page for the race/run that she sponsored on Oct 22:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=241953579173761

R-U-N 4 FAW 5k run, 2mi walk/kids fun run
Share · Public Event

Saturday, October 22 · 8:00am - 12:00pm
296 James Rice Drive
Dyersburg, TN
Created By   Karen Johnson Swift
More Info   
Fine Arts Warehouse is a dance studio in our community, owned by Cathy Bona! She has approximately 200 dancers! She teaches tap/ballet, hip hop/jazz, voice, piano, tumble, & competition cheer. In the spring advanced competition dancers attend nationals! We are hosting a 5k run, 2 mile walk, & kids fun run, to raise money for these dancers to attend! Following this event, we are having a yard sale! Any donations would be greatly appreciated! We need runners, walkers...come join the fun! Watch for more info... Registeration forms can be picked up at Fine Arts Warehouse, YMCA, Ultimate Fitness,Newbern Gym, & Dyer County Schools. Any questions call Karen Swift 377-5549 or Tiffani Glass 589-0300

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 09:16:28 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Karen-Swift-Missing-Mom-of-4/267691069942366?sk=info

Karen Swift missing mom of 4 Facebook

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 09:30:40 PM »

sigh...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 10:09:36 PM »

Yeah it doesn't look good Cookie 
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 10:41:21 PM »

How close is this to Holly Bobo?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 12:00:25 AM »

She was in a race or participated in a race on 10/22/2011

http://www.racesonline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=public.race_detail&race_id=12524

Date/Time:    10/22/2011 8:00 AM
Type:    Running/Walking
City:    Dyersburg, TN
Director:    Karen Swift
Email:   swift-14@hotmail.com
Phone:    731 377 5549
Distance:   5k/2mi walk & kids fun run
Details:   1st annual 5k/2mi walk/kids fun run! FAW is a dance studio, owner Cathy Bona! The competition dancers are raising money for nationals in spring 2012.

She walked, so she was in great shape. Karen could've walked anywhere to get help for her flat tire.

And, where is her cellphone? No news about her purse, if it was missing. No mention if something was stolen, so no robbery?

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 12:18:58 AM »

How close is this to Holly Bobo?

That's a good question, because both are pretty, blond, petite, with light colored eyes.

If I remember correctly, Bobo lived in Memphis... Karen in Dyersburg, in the map that's about 60 miles... one hour?

If it isn't the hubby, then maybe there might be some connection.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 01:22:20 AM »

Parsons (Bobo) to Dyersburg (Swift) about 1 3/4 hours

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 09:20:58 AM »

Thanks klass, for the map.  When I saw this woman's photo I immediately thought of Holly.  Common sense tells me that more than likely the husband is involved as the stats would point to, but you never know.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 12:36:08 PM »

Parsons (Bobo) to Dyersburg (Swift) about 1 3/4 hours

Thank you, Klaas for the map.

I gotta point out that I was making a VERY VERY rough estimate, and the time was calculated by driving 95 miles an hour.

Haha! Sorry.

Anyway, it is still possible for someone to frequent both locations (Memphis/Dyersburg), either because they have family there or because of a job.

I wonder if the car was more to the Millsfield Hwy. than Harness Rd. The Harness Rd. is very rural and homes are large and spaced far apart. Now the Millsfield Hwy. seems more busy.

The mind first goes to the hubby. She came home late (1:30am), maybe drunk, going through a divorce, maybe an argument started, and someone got violent. Something serious happened and she died, or he had planned it all along?

He had hours to dispose of the body, then make it appear as if she got a flat tire and someone did her in.

Now TBI has the car, and if the tire was cut, they should be able to tell.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 12:02:33 AM »

New Information In Search for Missing Dyersburg Mother

Adam Hammond

5:46 p.m. CDT, November 2, 2011

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-dyersburg-mom-missing,0,7442521.story

(Dyersburg, TN 112/2011) Marty Lamb was driving to work around 5:30 AM Sunday when he found Karen Swift's car with a flat tire on Millsville Road in Dyersburg. He says he didn't call police because he didn't think anything of it.

"I noticed it was her vehicle so I pulled in behind it and shined my lights, and I could see that she wasn't in her vehicle," said Lamb.

He figured she just walked home since she lives around the corner on Willie Johnson Road. Later that day he found out the mother of four is missing.

"My wife kept their two younger daughters while he was talking to the cops and trying to figure out where she was at," said Lamb.

We tried speaking with Karen's husband David, but he was not interested in talking. Police say David was the last person to see Karen Saturday night. Karen filed for divorce October 10th.

Police say Karen's last communication was around 5 AM Sunday when she used the internet on her phone, and they're working with the phone company to find out the exact location.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 12:24:42 AM »

Been reading here and there, and as with other cases, there are some differing facts depending on which news channel one reads.

So far I understand that she filed for divorce on October 11, 2011 (some sources say Oct.10)... he's got 30 days to answer the divorce suit. They had divorced and remarried once before.

According to different people statements, she attended a Halloween party on Saturday night, but one of her young daughters was sick, so she (Karen) left the party early.

She reached her husband at 1:30am.... not sure if that's early for a sick child, but not judging.

Some news say she "dropped" the kids with her husband. Some say they lived together, so he spoke to her at the base of the stairway and he went to sleep.

Some say she went to sleep in the same bed as her sick daughter, but when the daughter woke up, she was in another bed and her mom was nowhere around.

Her SUV was found MUCH later in the day. One neighbor reported seeing it there when he drove to work at 5:30am that morning. He stopped, looked at it and then shrugged it off.

The last time her cell phone was used was around 5:00am, when she accessed the internet (or whoever had it.) Phone records have been requested by LE.

The SUV is being processed for forensics, TBI has it.

She teaches at the YMCA.

Has two older sons, and two young daughters.

Her husband's name is David Swift, here is a picture of their home:

Here are articles of which I got the information above:

Action News 5's attempts to contact David Swift were unsuccessful Thursday, but on Facebook, he told a friend, "We want her home and love her very much. Preston, my son has been speaking with the media. My main focus is to working with the authorities to get her home safely. Thanks for the many prayers and kind words which is greatly appreciated."
http://www.wmctv.com/story/15954558/friends-wait-for-information-in-search-for-missing-dyer-county-woman

"I saw her car on the side of the road," said Lamb. "I was on my way to work Sunday around 5:30 a.m. I checked it out, I looked inside. I noticed it had a flat. I just thought she probably walked home it's so close. This really scares me that this happened so close to my house when I have a wife and kids to take care of."
http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15940482/search-continues-for-missing-dyer-county-mom

Dozens of Dyer County residents gathered Tuesday night for a
candlelight vigil for missing woman Karen Swift. The lack of information surrounding her disappearance has the community baffled.
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/CandleLightVigilHeldForKarenSwift-133052453.html

Karen Swift's oldest son, 21-year-old Preston Swift, says his parents had their issues, but they loved each other very much. He can't imagine his father harming his mother. He also says it's not in his mother's character to simply disappear.
http://www.abc24.com/news/local/story/Son-Of-Missing-Dyersburg-Woman-Says-His-Dad-Didnt/SLEoasKTjEuSnW_IhDovzQ.cspx

Her cell phone is also missing. Police said it was last used at about 5am on Sunday when Mrs Swift accessed the internet on the device.

In addition, her home in Dyersburg is just 80 miles away from where 21-year-old nursing student Holly Bobo was abducted in Darden in April.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056950/Karen-Johnson-Swift-missing-Tennessee-mother-vanished-Halloween-party.html

BS affiliate WREG reported that Swift recently filed for divorce from her husband on Oct. 11th. He has been interviewed by police and has not been called a suspect.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57318097-504083/tenn-mother-of-four-karen-swift-missing-since-sunday/

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 12:31:24 AM »

Adam Hammond

(Dyersburg, TN 112/2011) Marty Lamb was driving to work around 5:30 AM Sunday when he found Karen Swift's car with a flat tire on Millsville Road in Dyersburg. He says he didn't call police because he didn't think anything of it.

"I noticed it was her vehicle so I pulled in behind it and shined my lights, and I could see that she wasn't in her vehicle," said Lamb.

He figured she just walked home since she lives around the corner on Willie Johnson Road. Later that day he found out the mother of four is missing.

"My wife kept their two younger daughters while he was talking to the cops and trying to figure out where she was at," said Lamb.

We tried speaking with Karen's husband David, but he was not interested in talking. Police say David was the last person to see Karen Saturday night. Karen filed for divorce October 10th.

Police say Karen's last communication was around 5 AM Sunday when she used the internet on her phone, and they're working with the phone company to find out the exact location.

Hey cartfly.

Wondering what the online call at 5:00m is all about. I'm sure LE will figure it out.

I found this news about Jacque Weller, someone mentioned her as being one of three women who disappeared in the area:

Searchers were out with rakes and shovels along the southbound shoulder on I-55 near the Fruitland exit Thursday afternoon, not far from the location where Jacque Waller's abandoned SUV was found with a flat tire.  According to Lt. David James with the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Dept., investigators were able to find items associated with the Waller case in a ditch that had recently been bush hogged.
http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15957458/items-related-to-waller-case-found-friday-search-planned-near-fruitland

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 01:17:52 AM »

Adam Hammond

Hey cartfly.

Wondering what the online call at 5:00m is all about. I'm sure LE will figure it out.

I found this news about Jacque Weller, someone mentioned her as being one of three women who disappeared in the area:

Searchers were out with rakes and shovels along the southbound shoulder on I-55 near the Fruitland exit Thursday afternoon, not far from the location where Jacque Waller's abandoned SUV was found with a flat tire.  According to Lt. David James with the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Dept., investigators were able to find items associated with the Waller case in a ditch that had recently been bush hogged.
http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15957458/items-related-to-waller-case-found-friday-search-planned-near-fruitland

Thanks for the information Itaryl, I have been following Jacque's case also but I don't think LE has to look far for the perp, jmo though....
Allot of weird things going on in Tenn. I just read an article on a sex trafficking ring being busted in Memphis......it makes me so sad to think of all the evil out in the world.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.