March 18, 2024, 11:06:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1001287 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2011, 09:06:54 PM »

Off for the evening but will check in later anticipating an update on Mike McQueary.

Could it be that the University board of trustees realize that by letting Mike McQueary go from his lucrative position within the football program ... there will be no incentive for this guy to remain quiet over EVERYTHING he knows encompassing this child sex abuse scanda?.  Could it be that Mike was paid off for his silence?

I could be wrong.

Later, Janet
6:00 PM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2011, 09:27:52 PM »

I wonder who in the prosecutors office besides Ray Gricar knew about this case.  He couldn't have been the only right, could he?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2011, 09:32:15 PM »

I'm  just surprised that in light of John McQueary's professions and experience that he advised his son Mike to report the sexual abuse he witnessed to the school and not the police.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45243509/ns/sports-the_new_york_times/#.TrwhG3JZrwI
 ::snipping2::
“It’s not that he’s not willing,” John J. McQueary, his father, said about his son’s public silence. “I think it’s eating him up not to be able to tell his side, but he’s under investigation by the grand jury. He’ll make it. He’s a tough kid.”
McQueary’s parents, John and Anne, moved the family to State College when Mike was 6 and immediately bought season tickets for Nittany Lions football games. A former medical corpsman with the Navy’s special warfare operations, John became a physician assistant, and later, the chief operating officer of a large medical and surgical group in State College. He was also a renowned coach in the State College area himself in youth sports.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2011, 09:37:30 PM »

I'm sorry if my reply to you about the age of Mike McQueary came off badly, KittyMom.  I didn't see the previous post, and after I read mine, it sounded snarky.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2011, 09:41:29 PM »

I wonder who in the prosecutors office besides Ray Gricar knew about this case.  He couldn't have been the only right, could he?

I've wondered the same thing.  But I found this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sports/ncaafootball/questions-on-sandusky-wrapped-in-2005-gricar-mystery.html
<snip>
No one got a bye with Ray,” said Anthony De Boef, who worked as an assistant district attorney under Gricar for five years. “He didn’t care who you were; he had a job to do.”

De Boef said Gricar did not share any information with him about the case in 1998, which involved Sandusky allegedly showering with an 11-year-old boy. Gricar, he said, reviewed the police reports in private including, presumably, notes or recordings of two conversations that the police heard between Sandusky and the boy’s mother. But Gricar had a reputation for thoroughness, and if he thought he had enough to charge Sandusky, he would have, De Boef and other lawyers said.
<snip>

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2011, 09:55:21 PM »

Maybe it's just me, but this story kind of sounds to me like they're trying to put the past behind them and move on.  Frankly, I don't think it's quite time yet to do that.  The wearing of blue -the color that represents victims of child abuse is a nice gesture, but as far as I can see, the investigation is just starting. The growing number of people that want to put the past behind them had better stop and figure out what happened right in front of them first.  It's much more than rallying around the cause.  That sounds rather superficial.  As I said, the investigation is just starting imo.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/133662523.html
Facebook effort rallies Penn State group against abuse
November 10, 2011

When the grand jury issued its stomach-turning report on the sex crimes allegedly committed by former Pennsylvania State University football coach Jerry Sandusky, alumna Therese Jones was sitting in her apartment 3,000 miles away in Oakland, Calif.

The graphic details in the report of alleged sex acts with young boys propelled her to action. On Sunday, she launched a Facebook page to rally fans to wear blue - the color that represents victims of child abuse - at Saturday's Penn State game against Nebraska.

In 10 hours, 2,000 people signed up.

By Monday, the number had ballooned to 10,000 and Jones was on a plane bound for State College. Her goal, now supported by the university's athletic department, is to decorate the stands in blue ribbons - as opposed to the customary white-out - to show the world that Penn State is united in concern for children who suffered abuse.

"This is not what Penn State represents," said Jones, who as an undergraduate science educator worked with children the same age as the eight unnamed alleged victims in the grand jury report.

Peace was restored to Happy Valley on Thursday morning after a night of mayhem triggered by the firing of football coach Joe Paterno. But the reverberations of the crisis that also brought down president Graham Spanier and two other top officials could be felt across the community as the university's besieged board of trustees huddled in a secret location and police prepared for the potential of fresh rounds of unrest this weekend.

A growing number of people, like Jones, want to focus on the future, repairing the university's tarnished image and helping raise awareness about crimes against children.

"There's not much we can do to undo the past," she said. "But maybe we can rally around a cause and make some good out of what happened."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2011, 10:06:45 PM »

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2011/11/penn-states-dangerous-culture-of-silence-at-the-top/248231/?google_editors_picks=true
Penn State's Dangerous Culture of Silence at the Top
November 10, 2011

Former university president Graham Spanier, not Joe Paterno, deserves the majority of the blame for covering up the child-molestation allegations

The issues that are tearing Penn State apart stem from a fundamental, recurring issue in institutional scandals: a culture of silence that puts protection of the university (or the corporation or the church or the governmental department) ahead of doing justice in individual cases and preventing injury in future ones.

The ultimate symbol of that dangerous culture of silence is not Joe Paterno, but the president of Penn State for 16 years, Graham Spanier. Both were fired by the Penn State trustees Wednesday evening for failing to ensure the police were informed of, among other things, a 2002 apparent rape of a young boy in a Penn State locker room by Jerry Sandusky, a former defensive coordinator of the football team.

Paterno's firing will receive the greatest attention--and commentary. But the ultimate responsibility for the failure to act lies with the university president.
According to the grand jury report, Spanier, like Paterno, knew of the 2002 incident but failed to go beyond the actions of the athletic department prohibiting Sandusky from bringing young boys onto the Penn State campus: this was nine years ago.

Spanier, a trained therapist, with a Ph.D. in psychology, had to know that a possible crime, of a serious nature, had been committed. He had to know that the alleged perpetrator could, quite possibly, repeat his actions, even if no longer in a Penn State locker room. He had to know that he had a moral responsibility to let public law enforcement authorities investigate and resolve the case in the name of both justice and prevention.

Yet he did nothing.  Somehow, he convinced himself that "protecting" the institution by sweeping the issue under the rug was more important than protecting young boys. That Paterno would want to do the bare minimum legally--report the incident "up to" the athletic director and then look away--is understandable even if indefensible, given his deep involvement in the football program.

Spanier was the one who in 2002 who could easily have handled this matter  correctly.  At the end of the day, the deadly culture of silence always starts at the top. The leader has to make clear that the institution has a primary responsibility for integrity, not just doing what is lawful (which may not have occurred here) but also for doing what is right (which almost surely didn't happen here).

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2011, 10:19:52 PM »

I've wondered the same thing.  But I found this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sports/ncaafootball/questions-on-sandusky-wrapped-in-2005-gricar-mystery.html
<snip>
No one got a bye with Ray,” said Anthony De Boef, who worked as an assistant district attorney under Gricar for five years. “He didn’t care who you were; he had a job to do.”

De Boef said Gricar did not share any information with him about the case in 1998, which involved Sandusky allegedly showering with an 11-year-old boy. Gricar, he said, reviewed the police reports in private including, presumably, notes or recordings of two conversations that the police heard between Sandusky and the boy’s mother. But Gricar had a reputation for thoroughness, and if he thought he had enough to charge Sandusky, he would have, De Boef and other lawyers said.
<snip>
First, Thanks Muffy for the link upstream to the article.  an angelic monkey

I wonder if Ray was threatened. There was allot of money at stake for the University.....also, did Ray Gricar's brother disappear before him or after him?

I thought we had a thread somewhere here regarding Ray, but I could be confused. (it doesn't take much, lol) A reference did come up to Ray but in another thread regarding missing adults. I sure hope that hard drive is still available in evidence because as you said earlier technology has grown tremendously since then.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2011, 10:20:30 PM »

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2011/11/penn-states-dangerous-culture-of-silence-at-the-top/248231/?google_editors_picks=true
Penn State's Dangerous Culture of Silence at the Top
November 10, 2011

Former university president Graham Spanier, not Joe Paterno, deserves the majority of the blame for covering up the child-molestation allegations

The issues that are tearing Penn State apart stem from a fundamental, recurring issue in institutional scandals: a culture of silence that puts protection of the university (or the corporation or the church or the governmental department) ahead of doing justice in individual cases and preventing injury in future ones.

The ultimate symbol of that dangerous culture of silence is not Joe Paterno, but the president of Penn State for 16 years, Graham Spanier. Both were fired by the Penn State trustees Wednesday evening for failing to ensure the police were informed of, among other things, a 2002 apparent rape of a young boy in a Penn State locker room by Jerry Sandusky, a former defensive coordinator of the football team.

Paterno's firing will receive the greatest attention--and commentary. But the ultimate responsibility for the failure to act lies with the university president.
According to the grand jury report, Spanier, like Paterno, knew of the 2002 incident but failed to go beyond the actions of the athletic department prohibiting Sandusky from bringing young boys onto the Penn State campus: this was nine years ago.

Spanier, a trained therapist, with a Ph.D. in psychology, had to know that a possible crime, of a serious nature, had been committed. He had to know that the alleged perpetrator could, quite possibly, repeat his actions, even if no longer in a Penn State locker room. He had to know that he had a moral responsibility to let public law enforcement authorities investigate and resolve the case in the name of both justice and prevention.

Yet he did nothing.  Somehow, he convinced himself that "protecting" the institution by sweeping the issue under the rug was more important than protecting young boys. That Paterno would want to do the bare minimum legally--report the incident "up to" the athletic director and then look away--is understandable even if indefensible, given his deep involvement in the football program.

Spanier was the one who in 2002 who could easily have handled this matter  correctly.  At the end of the day, the deadly culture of silence always starts at the top. The leader has to make clear that the institution has a primary responsibility for integrity, not just doing what is lawful (which may not have occurred here) but also for doing what is right (which almost surely didn't happen here).

Absolutely on target!!! This was not just about saving Penn State's reputation -- it was putting a STOP to the possible further abuse. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2011, 10:25:27 PM »

I guess they were trying earlier to get the public's reaction, and found it was negative!  At least hold off having Mike  McQueary coaching until things are clarified.  Right now there's just too many questions.  JMHO

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/11/penn-state-mike-mcqueary-threats-will-not-coach-nebraska-game/1
Penn State's Mike McQueary will not coach against Nebraska
November 10, 2011

Mike McQueary will not be at Penn State's game Saturday against Nebraska due to multiple threats made against the team's assistant coach.
Here is the complete text of the statement by the school:

Due to multiple threats made against Assistant Coach Mike McQueary, the University has decided it would be in the best interest of all for Assistant Coach McQueary not to be in attendance at Saturday's Nebraska game.

McQueary testified that he saw Sandusky engaged in a sex act with a 10-year-old boy in 2002. He said he reported the incident to Paterno, who then spoke with athletics director Tim Curley.

Curley and senior vice president Gary Schultz have been charged with perjury and failing to report a crime in the case.

Earlier Thursday, Penn State players expressed their support for McQueary, who is the team's receivers coach and recruiting coordinator.

"He's handled it very well. You would've thought nothing had ever happened...it's like that situation never came up," cornerback Stephon Morris. "I want him out there, we need him out there, he has a good heart. A lot of people probably thought he could've done more, but he did what he could and he has a good heart."

Offensive lineman Chima Okoli added that the team is not worried about criticism from the outside regarding McQueary and his role in the case.

"We try to tune it out. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and you can't please everyone," he said. "We're behind Mike 100 percent and he's actually one of my favorite coaches."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2011, 10:33:34 PM »

I don't agree with threats toward Mike McQueary, but I think it's good he's staying away from the game at this time. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/penn-state-assistant-coach-mike-mcqueary-sit-nebraska-due-threats-article-1.975987?localLinksEnabled=false
Penn State assistant coach Mike McQueary will sit out Nebraska due to threats
Assistant who witnessed abuse sits ou
t
November 10, 2011

Due to multiple threats made against assistant coach Mike McQueary, Penn State has decided it would be in the best interest of all for McQueary not to be in attendance at Saturday's Nebraska game, according to a release just issued by the school.

McQueary testitfied to the Pennsylvania grand jury he was an eyewitness to a sexual assault by former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky in the showers of the locker room at the Lasch football buildling .

In the spring of 2002, he chose to leave the building instead of trying to pull the child out of harm's way, according to the grand jury report.

After speaking with his father, McQueary informed Paterno the next day of what he saw and Paterno called AD Tim Curley.

There's a poll on the right side of the article page:

Poll Results

Thanks for your vote.

Do you think PSU assistant Mike McQueary should sit Saturday's game?
Yes, he never reported what he witnessed to police, so he's at fault as well    75%    
No, he reported to his bosses, it's their job to get the police involved    25%    

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2011, 11:06:16 PM »

Mike McQueary Will Have to Publicly Live with His Cowardice: A Fan’s Perspective

We all know Mike McQueary didn't walk in that locker room expecting to be faced with a situation where heroism was needed. That boy didn't need an out and out hero that night. Neither did the victims after him. What they needed was a leader. Hell, what they needed was a human being.

Instead, they got Mike McQueary
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ycn-10399373
He was a young guy who went through what he thought was the proper chain of command.  I don't think its right for him to be held to a higher standard that grown men who'd be coaching for decades.  I see those closest to Sandusky and in supervisory positions as more culpable.  Pointing a finger at McQueary makes him the bad guy and Paterno and others less so.  I'm not buying it.  Every time they look at their grandsons they need to think about what they allowed to happen.  Shameful.

KittyMom ... I respectfully disagree.

Mike McQueary was 28 years old when he witnessed Jerry Sandusky in the act of raping a 10/11 year old boy and did nothing.  If that little boy was your son/grandson would you  give Mike McQueary a pass.

When you consider Mike McQueary's current position within the football program at Penn ... it is obvious that he was benefited over the years by his silence.

I am disgusted!!!

Did you read the Grand Jury transcript regarding the hell that little boys experienced because an adult who witnessed and adults who had knowledge did nothing.

I am disgusted with them all!!  Personal integrity and the integrity of the University would be intact today if it were not for a conspiracy of silence.

Janet

ITA JANET.

AS I told a friend these football players and their coaches and mentors are supposed to be such big upstanding men...and what did they do..Mc Querry ran and cried like a little girl to his father..the rest just glossed over it and failed to do anything.

The very least McQueary should have done was taken that little boy out of their and directly to the police..and he should have pounded Sandusky's head against the wall while he was at it...but no he ran away confused and confounded like a little girl crying for his father..these are all very little men..not big men...little men..not the type of men any child should have be looking up to...

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2011, 11:14:10 PM »

http://www.csnphilly.com/xfinity/McQueary-will-not-coach-Saturday-because?blockID=592036&feedID=704

McQueary will not coach Saturday because of threats

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – The Penn State Athletic Department has announced that wide receivers coach Mike McQueary will not coach Saturday’s game against Nebraska at Beaver Stadium because of “multiple threats.”

According to a statement, “the University has decided it would be in the best interest of all for Assistant Coach McQueary not to be in attendance at Saturday's Nebraska game.”

Seems many others agree..McQueary didn't do all he could have that night or the days following either...

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2011, 11:15:41 PM »

Off for the evening but will check in later anticipating an update on Mike McQueary.

Could it be that the University board of trustees realize that by letting Mike McQueary go from his lucrative position within the football program ... there will be no incentive for this guy to remain quiet over EVERYTHING he knows encompassing this child sex abuse scandal?  Could it be that Mike was paid off for his silence?

I could be wrong.

Later, Janet

Why is Mike McQueary still coaching at PSU?
4 hours, 55 minutes ago

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – They’ve all been swept out now, everyone involved in the alleged sexual assault in 2002 that crushed Penn State.

Mike McQueary, a central figure in the Penn State scandal, remains employed as his superiors vanish.

Everyone but one man.

The one who saw it.

Assistant coach Mike McQueary was expected to be working Saturday when the Nittany Lions play Nebraska. McQueary remains employed by the school but will not be in attendance for the game against the Cornhuskers. The Penn State athletic department made the decision late Thursday to remove McQueary from coaching in the game after receiving “multiple threats.”

Legendary boss Joe Paterno will not be there, because he did not do enough in response to the horrifying allegation that former assistant Jerry Sandusky assaulted a child in the shower at the Penn State football building. Athletic director Tim Curley will not be there, after being charged with a felony crime for not reporting the allegation. Former senior vice president Gary Schultz will not be there – he is charged as well. Former president Graham Spanier will not be there, either, having paid for his inaction and tone deafness with his job Wednesday night. And obviously Sandusky could be facing life in prison (though he has been extended the luxury of being out on bail).

But McQueary, the lowest man on the accountability totem pole in this tawdry affair, and seemingly the most expendable, still has his job. The one guy involved with Penn State football who allegedly witnessed Sandusky in the disgusting act of raping a child – the one guy in position to physically stop the violence – continues on.

It is curious. Perhaps there is legal protection from federal whistleblower legislation that has allowed him to remain employed. Perhaps there are other explanations. But thus far, it has not been adequately explained by Penn State or anyone else close to McQueary.

<snipped>

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=pf-forde_why_mcqueary_still_coaching111011

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2011, 11:49:27 PM »

The attorney was concerned more victims might not come forward out of fear, especially after seeing all the backlash the night JoPa was fired, instead of being allowed to retire at the end of the season.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/11/sports/ncaafootball/lawyer-raises-concerns-for-boys-in-sandusky-case.html
Concerns Raised for Boys in Sandusky Case
November 10, 2011

Sandusky was indicted last week by a grand jury and faces 40 criminal counts of sexual assault ranging from statutory rape to inappropriate touching. He has denied all charges. He was released on $100,000 bail and is to appear in court next month for a preliminary hearing.

It is unlikely that any of his reported victims, some of whom were as young as 10 or 11 at the time, will appear. The grand jury did not identify them except by number and said that in a couple of cases, it did not even know their identities.

Here are the outlines of their cases, based on the grand jury report and the way it identified the boys.

VICTIM 1 He was 11 or 12 years old when he met Sandusky in 2005 or 2006 through the Second Mile, a charity Sandusky set up to help disadvantaged boys. The coach gave the boy gifts — golf clubs, a computer, clothes — and often had him stay at his house in a basement bedroom.

Sandusky would crawl into bed with him, have the boy lie on top of him and “crack his back,” pulling the boy against him and then rubbing his back. The grand jury said Sandusky performed oral sex on the boy more than 20 times in 2007 and 2008 and had the boy perform oral sex on him once.

VICTIM 2 A boy, about 10 years old, was seen naked in a locker-room shower at Penn State with Sandusky in 2002 by Mike McQueary, then a 28-year-old graduate assistant and aspiring coach. The grand jury report said McQueary saw the boy “with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky.”

VICTIM 3 A boy, about 13, was invited by Sandusky in 2000 to his home for dinners, to go on walks and to attend Penn State football games. They exercised together and then showered. Sandusky patted him, rubbed his shoulders, washed his hair and gave him bear hugs. The boy stayed at Sandusky’s home, where Sandusky blew on his stomach, rubbed the inside of his thigh and touched his genitals.

VICTIM 4 A boy, 12 or 13, “was repeatedly subjected to involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and indecent assault at the hands of Sandusky,” the report said. Contact took place in 1996 or 1997 in the locker-room shower and in hotel rooms. Sandusky gave the boy dozens of gifts — sports equipment, clothes and passes to sporting events — and threatened to send him home from the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio when the boy resisted his advances.

VICTIM 5 A boy, 7 or 8, was invited in 1995 or 1996 to Sandusky family events and football games. When the boy was 8 or 10, Sandusky would roughhouse with him, then say they needed to shower. At one point, Sandusky, naked, pinned the boy against a wall in the shower, then placed the boy’s hand on his genitals. The boy slid away, and Sandusky never touched him again.

VICTIM 6 When the boy was 11, in 1998, Sandusky was driving him to the university and put his hand on his thigh in the car. At the university they wrestled and Sandusky said they needed to shower. He lathered the boy in soap and bear-hugged him from behind. After the boy’s mother reported the incident to the university, Sandusky told investigators that he was wrong and that “I wish I were dead.”

VICTIM 7 A boy, about 10, was invited in 1994 to numerous events and sleepovers at Sandusky’s. After a couple of years, Sandusky began putting his hand on the boy’s thigh while they were driving and on at least one occasion put his hands down the boy’s pants, though never touching his genitals. Sandusky bear-hugged him, cracked his back and shared showers.

VICTIM 8 An unidentified “young” boy was seen in the shower with Sandusky at Penn State in 2000 by a university janitor. The janitor said Sandusky had pinned the boy against the wall and was performing oral sex on him.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2011, 11:56:24 PM »

Apologies if posted already, but this is a great video (scroll down a little) regarding the disappearance of Ray Gricar:

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/ray-gricar-original-district-attorney-in-jerry-sandusky-trail-went-missing-in-2005-declared-dead.html

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2011, 12:13:09 AM »

Apologies if posted already, but this is a great video (scroll down a little) regarding the disappearance of Ray Gricar:

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/ray-gricar-original-district-attorney-in-jerry-sandusky-trail-went-missing-in-2005-declared-dead.html

Thanks cartfly, I hadn't seen that yet.  And don't ever worry about posting something that may have been posted before, because sometimes monkeys  may have missed it the first time, imo. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2011, 12:37:22 AM »

Missing DA Was Tied To Sandusky Case
Updated: Thursday, 10 Nov 2011, 6:15 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 10 Nov 2011, 5:09 PM EST

<snipped>

Gricar appears in the grand jury presentment in the Jerry Sandusky sex-crimes case as the DA who didn't prosecute Sandusky after a six-week investigation in 1998 in Center County.

Gricar got the case after a boy's mother complained to police after her son showered with Sandusky.

According to the grand jury presentment, Penn State University police were also involved in the 1998 Sandusky case.

Gricar's office was the only local or state agency contacted about an alleged victim of Sandusky, a long-time Paterno assistant who retired in 1999 but continued to run a charity to help at-risk children.

<snipped>

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/missing-da-was-tied-to-sandusky-case

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2011, 01:20:58 AM »

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
What`s Next in PSU Sex Abuse Scandal?
Aired November 10, 2011 - 19:00   ET

<snipped>

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s go out to the phone lines. Diane, Arizona, your question or thought?

DIANE, ARIZONA (via telephone): Hi, Jane.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hey.

DIANE: I`ve been listening all day to you and the Mikes and Vinnie and everybody, and I heard this McQueary, the grad student, mentioned kind of in passing. And I want to know why you guys aren`t coming down harder on him? Here he is a big, strapping young football player. Why didn`t he go in there and drag that old pervert off the kid, wrap the kid in a towel, take him to the hospital, a report would have been made, end of pervert.

Even I would have done that and I`m a 5`2 little woman.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/10/ijvm.01.html

_____

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2011, 04:26:52 AM »

I'm just putting this link here so I don't forget it. It would be horrible that we need to look over the donor section for Secondmile;
http://www.thesecondmile.org/pdf/AnnualReport2010.pdf
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.