March 19, 2024, 03:28:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1001369 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1180 on: June 06, 2012, 10:21:13 AM »

I don't put much stock in this investigation. Freeh may have had "unfettered access", but he is not the law.  JMHO

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/penn_state_trustees_university.html
Penn State trustees, university officials will receive scandal report when it is made public
June 6, 2012

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — Former FBI chief Louis Freeh's report on his investigation into the Jerry Sandusky child sexual abuse scandal at Penn State will be made public at the same time it is given to trustees and university officials, the school said.

The university initially made the statement online Monday on its updated "progress" website on a "frequently asked questions" page. Freeh's investigation was commissioned by trustees.
 ::snipping2::
Freeh was leading an "independent investigation into what failures occurred and what changes should be made. Judge Freeh has been given unfettered access in order to conduct a thorough independent investigation," the university said in its statement before declaring the simultaneous release to the public, board and school.

Comments:

jdk27110 June 06, 2012 at 9:21AM

Louis Freeh's report is worthless. It is essentially the Penn State Board of Trustees investigating its own activities concerning Sandusky. The Board of Trustees' activities are under extreme suspicion at this point.

jdk27110
June 06, 2012 at 9:28AM

I have little faith concerning Judge John Cleland's ability to expose the facts during the current trial of Sandusky in Bellefonte. His decision to allow jurors with such close ties to Penn State is extremely disappointing. The federal government needs to invade the Penn State campus immediately and take possession of all of the documents and any other evidence that it deems necessary in this case before the guilty clowns such as PSU President Rodney Erickson destroy it.

tiger23
June 06, 2012 at 9:26AM

If you believe this..............you believe that Joe was not fired. They called him to name him Coach Emeritus. Also, I have a bridge for sale.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1181 on: June 06, 2012, 11:09:12 AM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/06/justice/sandusky-jury-not-sequestered/index.html
Sandusky jury lockdown: Risks vs. costs
June 6, 2012

(CNN) -- During the weeks Jerry Sandusky's trial unfolds in Centre County, Pennsylvania, 12 jurors and four alternates will be able to eat dinners with their families and sleep in their own beds.

While they won't be isolated and watched by law enforcement, they also won't be able to lurk on Twitter, casually watch TV or even talk about the sexual abuse case that careened the Penn State University community into a media storm.

"If I were on the bench, there's no way this jury wouldn't have been sequestered," CNN legal analyst Sunny Hostin said. "I think it's so much more difficult for jurors to stay away from the 24-hour news cycle, and a case like this, that touches on societal taboos and famed football."
Not sequestering the jury "was pretty shocking," Hostin said. "Because this is rural Pennsylvania, this is a really small town with so many interconnections, it strikes me as imprudent not to at least keep them away from media reports."

By keeping an explosive case in a small place, the judge is already placing a lot of trust in jurors, and they'll get clear directions on what they can and can't do, said Richard Gabriel, a jury consultant on the Casey Anthony, O.J. Simpson and Heidi Fleiss cases.
Sequestered jurors know they're protected from "media hordes and potential influences," which lets them focus on the evidence, instead conversations around them at the grocery store, Gabriel said. But the stress of being away from family, home and work can affect how they deliberate, too: A closely bonded jury might have an easier time coming to a verdict, whether guilty or not guilty, but small personality conflicts could become major obstructions, he said.

Then, there's the money: It's not cheap to shelter, feed, transport and protect 12 jurors and four alternates for weeks.

"It's tough on state budgets because it's darn expensive," Gabriel said.

Last year, a judge denied a request to sequester the jury in the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, who was accused in Michael Jackson's death. The judge said the $500,000 cost didn't play a role in his decision, although he acknowledged "the state of California is undergoing severe financial problems." The jury found Murray guilty of involuntary manslaughter.
Judges sometimes sequester juries while they're deliberating, and Cleland could backtrack on his decision if jurors couldn't avoid the case outside the courtroom, Hostin and Gabriel said. But Cleland would be walking into a logistical nightmare of quickly arranging a weeks-long, sheriff-monitored sleepover for 16.

"Judges, when they make a ruling like that, are going to stick by it," Gabriel said. "Jurors in these high-profile cases are pretty careful about not talking to anybody, and judges get severe with news organizations -- 'You even come close to any of these jurors before this trial, and the wrath of God will come down.'

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1182 on: June 06, 2012, 11:44:57 AM »

PS allowed this mess to continue through the years, let them assume the expense of boarding the jury.  It can be funded through the athletics program.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1183 on: June 06, 2012, 06:31:41 PM »

http://www.nj.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/penn-state-heavy-jury-picked-in-sexual-abuse-case/7993320de04d4ca2985ab34285f0c256
Penn State-heavy jury picked in sexual-abuse case
June 6, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1184 on: June 06, 2012, 11:04:47 PM »

http://www.wpxi.com/gallery/news/local/channel-11-centre-county-jerry-sandusky-sex-abuse-/ghkL/#1661838
Images from the Jerry Sandusky trial
Jerry Sandusky trial coverage

9 Images, June 5, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1185 on: June 07, 2012, 02:05:37 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/07/us-usa-crime-sandusky-idUSBRE85611T20120607
Paternos unaware may be called to testify in Sandusky trial
June 7 2012

(Reuters) - The widow and son of former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno said on Thursday they were not aware they might be called as witnesses in the child sexual abuse trial of Paterno's long-time assistant coach Jerry Sandusky.

Sandusky's defense lawyer Joe Amendola listed the late coach's widow Sue and son Jay as potential witnesses for the defense during the jury selection process, which concluded on Wednesday. The trial is being held in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania.

"Over the last few days, numerous reporters have inquired about the news that Sue Paterno and Jay Paterno have been listed as possible witnesses in the upcoming trial of Jerry Sandusky," a statement issued on their behalf by family spokesman Wick Sollers said. "The Paternos had no advance notice of this development and have no idea if they will in fact be called to testify."
While the trial is underway, the Paterno family will not make any further public comment "unless something exceptional and unexpected develops," according to the statement.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1186 on: June 08, 2012, 01:28:36 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/08/judge-denies-motions-to-dismiss-sandusky-sex-abuse-charges/
Judge denies motions to dismiss Sandusky sex abuse charges
June 6, 2012

BELLEFONTE, Pa. –  The judge overseeing Jerry Sandusky's child sexual abuse case on Friday denied the defense's request to have the charges dismissed, leaving all 52 counts intact with opening statements three days away.

Judge John Cleland's three-paragraph order didn't explain the reasoning for turning down a set of defense motions.

Sandusky's attorney had asked for all charges to be thrown out or at least for Cleland to conduct a hearing to see if some charges were supported by sufficient facts.
A panel of seven women and five men was selected during two days of jury selection this week, and the trial is expected to last several weeks.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1187 on: June 08, 2012, 10:30:15 PM »

http://wearecentralpa.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=376772
Sources: Graham Spanier Could Face Charges
June 8 2012

UNIVERSITY PARK, CENTRE COUNTY - Reliable sources tell WTAJ News that former Penn State University president Graham Spanier could face criminal charges after Jerry Sandusky's trial.

Our sources say that charges would likely be similar to the "failure to report" accusation facing Tim Curley and Gary Schultz.
People close to the inquiry say emails may show that Spanier decided not to report matters of the Sandusky scandal.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1188 on: June 08, 2012, 10:32:20 PM »

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-sports/index.ssf/2012/06/penn_state_requires_employees.html
Penn State requires employees to report suspected child abuse
June 6, 2012

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Penn State on Thursday instituted a new policy requiring all employees to report suspected child abuse to state authorities and take part in annual training.

School spokeswoman Jill Shockey said the policy goes beyond current Pennsylvania law, which requires only certain people to make such reports. Any employee who willfully fails to report suspected abuse could face disciplinary action including dismissal, the university said in a statement.
There were two exceptions to the Penn State reporting policy — for confidential communications made to any school-employed attorney or to clergy. Those exceptions mirror guidelines in state law.

The announcement was made days before opening statements in the child sexual abuse trial of former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, scheduled for Monday. Sandusky, 68, is accused of molesting 10 boys but denies the allegations.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1189 on: June 09, 2012, 09:44:42 AM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/judge_denies_sandusky_motion_t.html
Jerry Sandusky trial: Judge denies motion to dismiss, so all 10 cases set to be tried Monday
June 8, 2012

A judge has denied Jerry Sandusky's latest attempt to have three of 10 cases of child sex abuse dismissed before his trial begins Monday.

That means jurors will hear about an allegation made in 1998 that was never prosecuted at the discretion of former and missing district attorney Ray Gricar.

They will also hear assistant football coach Mike McQueary recount an incident he says he witnessed in the showers of the football locker room in 2001.

And, janitors will testify about what happened one night in 2000, when they were cleaning those same showers and one of them witnessed Sandusky with a young boy. In that case, attorney Joe Amendola said the prosecution's entire case was based on hearsay, since the janitor who actually saw the act has dementia and can't testify
Opening arguments are scheduled to begin Monday at 8:30 a.m. at the Centre County courthouse in Bellefonte.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1190 on: June 09, 2012, 10:12:20 AM »

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/heart-without-compromise-children-and-children-wit/2012/jun/8/jerry-sandusky-innocence-trial/
Jerry Sandusky: Innocence On Trial
June 8, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1191 on: June 09, 2012, 03:53:43 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/08/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Pop Culture Connection with Butcher of Montreal?
Aired June 8, 2012 - 19:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

Plus, Penn State`s Happy Valley braces for a litany of sordid sexual allegations. Legendary former coach Jerry Sandusky is accused of sexually abusing at least ten boys. As his accusers get ready to take the stand and face him in court, will Sandusky`s alleged love letters to boys surface as the smoking gun?
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: This is a case about a sexual predator.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Shock waves hit the community of State College, Pennsylvania.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: How many more children do you expect to come forward, Jerry?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Fifty-two counts of sexual abuse from allegations dating back to 1995.

JERRY SANDUSKY, FORMER PENN STATE ASSISTANT FOOTBALL COACH: All of a sudden these people turn on me.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Allegations he raped one boy in the shower at Penn State.

JOE AMENDOLA, ATTORNEY FOR SANDUSKY: People said to me, "How could you let him say he was in the shower with the kids?" How could we not let him say that? He was.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And he has entered a plea of not guilty.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And a pair of university big wigs are accused of covering it all up.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Serious questions this morning about how the legendary leader of the Nittany Lions, Joe Paterno, handled this case when it crossed his desk nine years ago.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Joe Paterno is no longer the head football coach, effective immediately.

JOE PATERNO, FORMER PENN STATE FOOTBALL COACH: Thanks. Pray for those victims.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: A child rape trial set to get under way as Jerry Sandusky`s last-ditch effort to avoid charges denied. The legendary former Penn State assistant football coach accused of sexually assaulting ten boys over 14 years.

Just a few hours ago a judge rejected all the defense reasons to have the 52 charges thrown out. He`s facing 52 charges.

Eight of Sandusky`s accusers are scheduled to take the stand. We expect to hear riveting testimony about alleged love letters from Sandusky, alleged rapes inside campus showers and claims the coach used his Second Mile charity to groom young boys. When Sandusky was arrested last fall, and iconic coach Joe Paterno was fired, the small town of State College erupted in chaos.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

(CROWD YELLING)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Opening statements start Monday, and we`re going to be all over it on this show.

Two months after Paterno was fired he died of lung cancer. When Sandusky responded on the horrifying allegations on NBC`s "Rock Center," he just added fuel to the fire. Listen to him.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SANDUSKY: I have horsed around with kids. I`ve showered after workouts. I have hugged them, and I have touched their leg without intent of sexual contact, but...

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: A jury of Sandusky`s peers has now been seated. I mean peers, literally. About half of these jurors have connections to Penn State. One of them even has ties to the state`s star witness. How on earth can this jury be impartial?

Straight out to Lauren Book, sexual abuse survivor and victims` advocate. You testified against your nanny. You said she abused you for years.

Give us insight into what these alleged victims go through as they take the stand and face this very powerful man they once idolized, who they say groomed and sexually abused them?

LAUREN BOOK, VICTIMS ADVOCATE: Jane, this is a very big day for these survivors. It`s their day in court and a really scary day because they`re going to be facing the man that have been in their nightmares for years and years and years. It`s a scary day and I do hope they get their day in court. I can`t imagine that six of the jurors have ties to Penn State.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That disturbs you?

BOOK: It does. I don`t know how they`re going to get -- you know, if I was the state I would not be happy about it. If I was one of those victims I wouldn`t be happy about it either.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. It`s a small town and while you might say in a global village, a change of venue doesn`t mean anything, this is a very -- I think there`s a lot of questions surrounding this jury makeup.

Now this is arguably the biggest scandal to ever hit college sports. The controversy rocked this small college town where Penn State -- you know, football is king, obviously.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

(RIOT AT PENN STATE)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s take a look at the 16 jurors including four alternates; You have ten women and six men. Eight of the 16 jurors have Penn State ties, among them a student, an alum, two professors and two employees.

Juror number 3 has a direct connection to the state`s star witness. Her husband works with Mike McQueary`s dad. We`re going to tell you about McQueary in a second.

Juror number five graduated from Penn State. Juror number 10 works at Penn State. Juror number 11 works there part-time; her husband works there full time. She also knows one of the potential witnesses. Juror number 12 has been a Penn State professor for 24 years.

Jeff Brown, criminal defense attorney, could this cut both ways? I mean obviously there`s fierce loyalty to this school, but could they make them want to punish Sandusky or just try to make it all go away by acquitting him?

JEFF BROWN, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, I think that the prosecution is looking at this case and saying here is a revered figure, an icon that was brought down and at the end of the day the only person to really blame for that is not really Penn State. It`s Sandusky. I mean he`s the reason that Paterno got fired. He`s the reason Penn State is in this massive scandal.

So I think at the end of the day, the prosecution is thinking that these jurors what they feel that way -- this is the guy in this courtroom that caused all that, that caused this institution that they loved to be in the scandal.

I understand why they`re doing this. If I`m a defense lawyer, boy, this is the last I would want this case to be tried because of those very fears. I would want this case to be brought in front of people who had no idea who he was and which I can then argue that these are making this up. But a defense attorney -- this is a defense attorney nightmare.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. We`ll have to wait and see. ABC News reports Sandusky wrote, quote, "creepy love letters to his accusers". The first witness scheduled to be victim number four and he`s writing about intimate letters, cards from Sandusky. He also gave the victim four gifts including a set of golf clubs. Sandusky he tried to explain his affection for children to the NewYorkTimes.com.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JERRY SANDUSKY, ACCUSED MOLESTER: If I say no, I`m not attracted to boys, that`s not the truth because I`m attracted to young people, boys, girls.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, but not sexually. You`re attracted because you enjoy spending time.

SANDUSKY: Right. I enjoy -- that`s what I was trying to say. I enjoy spending time with young people. I enjoy spending time with people. I mean my two favorite groups are the elderly and the young.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I want to go to Bob Dvorchak, author of "Game Over" a very, very in-depth book about this entire scandal. First of all, boy, we`re all shaking our heads and going wow -- including Jeff Brown, criminal defense attorney -- when we`re listening to Jerry Sandusky. I mean can I say, to me personally, he sounds creepy. Was that the sense that you got after investigating this case?

BOB DVORCHAK, AUTHOR, "GAME OVER": Jane I think, if you wanted to draw on a blackboard the portrait of a pillar of a community, you take a famed football coach and the founder of a charity with a biblical name, the male Mother Teresa of central Pennsylvania and yet these allegations and his appearances fly in the face of that image. It`s a remarkable case all the way around.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Jeff Brown, you were when we were listening to Jerry Sandusky, you were going "wow, wow" -- why?

BROWN: What a nightmare. I mean those statements -- I mean you just play statement in front of anybody and I think everybody`s reaction is "Oh, my gosh, I can`t believe that he`s saying these things. I mean he`s almost admitting without actually saying it without saying the words "I abused them."

And if I`m the prosecutor, what a great piece of evidence; you play this in front of a jury and then you say here`s some other evidence that backs this up. He`s done. I mean when that came out and I just stepped back and said I cannot imagine a defense attorney that would ever in a million allow the client to go on and give an interview and say things like that. That is just -- it`s just unheard of for a good defense attorney.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Very quickly, Jeff Brown, do you think that kind of tape is going to be played in front of the jury?

BROWN: Oh, absolutely. The defendant`s statement -- that`s coming in. That`s the thing that people sometimes don`t grasp. There`s lots of hearsay rule, but a statement by the defendant that`s against his interest, that is coming in the courtroom, no matter who took it, no matter where it`s found, it comes in.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Lauren Book, abuse survivor and advocate. He tried to sort of breezily explain it away. Oh, I love children -- these love letters that victims say they got, those were innocuous. Is that a denial mechanism?

BOOK: Absolutely. And you know what? If there was a dictionary picture of what a child molester looks like, there would be Jerry Sandusky`s picture. It`s textbook, when you read the jury procurement -- the grand jury procurement. Grooming process, grooming process, grooming process -- he targeted these children. He went after them and hopefully, you know, he gets the sentence he deserves.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Sandusky`s attorney will try to discredit the star witness for the state, Mike McQueary. He`s the assistant football coach who says he saw Sandusky raping a boy in the showers. He`s also going to try to discredit some of the victims.

Norwood Young, sexual abuse survivor and author of "Getting Back to Me", what`s it going to be like when these young men take the stand and then they`re attacked by the defense attorneys -- and this is the star witness -- but he`s going to do the same thing to these victims, we hear.

NORWOOD YOUNG, SEXUAL ABUSE SURVIVOR: Jane, I feel so terribly bad for these victims because it`s like they`re going to be reliving the rape again. They`ve gone through many of their years trying to deal with this monstrosity and trying to deal with this emotionally and all of a sudden everything is going to be exposed. Their names, the actions, how things took place; and this will have to be done in specifics. So for the victims, I feel the terrible for them.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1192 on: June 09, 2012, 04:19:24 PM »

Plea deal a longshot in Sandusky child sex abuse case
June 9 '12

There has been a fair amount of chatter about the possibility of a plea bargain in the Jerry Sandusky case. At this point, however, the odds seem quite high that this case will be resolved by a jury.

Though there were some signs early in the case that plea discussions might be under way, it would be difficult for the prosecution to make an offer the defense would be willing to accept.  The main reason is the defendant's age -- 68.  A sentence of more than 12 to 15 years would virtually guarantee that Sandusky would never see life outside a jail cell, especially given that inmates have shorter than average life expectancy.  Yet given the seriousness of the allegations against Sandusky, the prosecution could hardly agree to a sentence that would mean anything less than an effective life sentence.  In some ways, the defense had little choice but to go to trial -- there was no realistic alternative.

That doesn't mean that the defense will have an easy time of it when opening arguments start Monday. Sandusky is facing allegations that he sexually molested 10 boys, eight of whom are expected to testify.  It will be difficult for jurors to believe that the accounts of all these victims are false. The defense has already previewed that it will claim that these victims had motivations to lie.  Even if such a possibility can be raised for one or two of the alleged victims, jurors will wonder if eight victims would be willing to face this intense scrutiny if their tales were false.  Jurors will certainly find it unlikely that a possible financial reward or public notoriety would be worth the extraordinary cost to eight different men.  Each witness story enhances the reliability of the others.   ::snipping2:: 

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/09/12141779-plea-deal-a-longshot-in-sandusky-child-sex-abuse-case?lite
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1193 on: June 10, 2012, 11:38:56 AM »

http://www.centredaily.com/2012/06/10/3223751/alleged-victims-in-jerry-sandusky.html
Alleged victims in Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse trial
June 10, 2012

Here is a look at the alleged victims, the allegations reports from the grand jury make and what state prosecutors charge Sandusky with doing:

ALLEGED VICTIM 1: Involved in alleged incident that prompted the grand jury investigation. The boy’s mother contacted the Central Mountain School District to report alleged abuse.

Sandusky met him through The Second Mile. Prosecutors allege that Sandusky took the boy when he was 10 or 11 years old to sporting events and had him stay at his home, where he eventually sexually abused him.

The abuse allegedly occurred between June 2005 and September 2008, with oral sex occurring between June 2007 and September 2008. The state alleges it took place at Sandusky’s home and the Central Mountain Middle School, among other places.

Charges include involuntary deviate sexual intercourse

ALLEGED VICTIM 2: Then-graduate assistant Mike McQueary allegedly saw alleged victim 2 naked with Sandusky in a shower in the Lasch Football Building on the Penn State campus. McQueary testified he told then-coach Joe Paterno and later administrators Gary Schultz and Tim Curley about the incident.

Schultz and Curley reportedly decided that Sandusky wouldn’t be allowed to bring Second Mile children into the football building.

Since first charging Sandusky, prosecutors changed the date of that incident from March 1, 2002, to Feb. 9, 2001. The boy has not been identified.

Charges include involuntary deviate sexual intercourse.

More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1194 on: June 10, 2012, 02:14:58 PM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_central_mountai.html
Jerry Sandusky alleged Victim 1 graduates after being bullied out of school, is ready to testify
By Sara Ganim, The Patriot-News
June 10, 2012

Almost four years ago, he was outed in his own community as being the kid who falsely accused Jerry Sandusky.

For three years, he kept his promise to investigators that he wouldn’t talk about the abuse he alleged he endured at the hands of a legend during his childhood

Then, when Sandusky was charged — not just with molesting him, but also nine others — he was bullied out of school. Someone close to him gave his identity to the national media.

Midway through his senior year, he left his friends, his track team. He moved with his family to a new place and started at a new school.
He turned 18 this year, dealing not just with college decisions and whether he wants to accept a scholarship to run track, but also in the midst of an ever-developing story about the fallout his allegations have caused Penn State University, legends like Joe Paterno and the state where he lives.

Thursday night, the man we know as alleged Victim 1 graduated from high school.

The teenager credited with launching the investigation that led police to find a series of allegations of abuse at the hands of a man who founded a children’s charity and helped dub Penn State as Linebacker U walked across a stage in a green robe and matching cap.

His mother, siblings and the psychologist who has helped him through the ordeal were cheering him on in the crowd.

But, unlike the other graduates around him, he won’t breathe his sigh of relief until early next week.

That’s when he will likely take the stand and tell his story publicly for the first time.

Victim 1 said he met Jerry Sandusky as a 10- or 11-year-old kid participating in Second Mile camps. Sandusky began to take him home after school, invite him to sleepovers at his house, according to the grand jury presentment.

Notes of encouragement led to kisses on the forehead, which led to kisses on the mouth, he told the grand jury. Back-cracking rituals at bedtime and wrestling sessions led to groping, he told the grand jury. Groping led to oral sex, he testified.

Around age 15, he began to pull away, and that’s when Victim 1 should have been able to start to heal.

Instead he became a target of his community: seen as a troublemaker who toppled a revered philanthropist and caused upheaval in an area that worships Penn State and its legends.
Much more...

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1195 on: June 10, 2012, 02:17:58 PM »

I hope this young man and all the others victimized by JS and the culture of sports over everything else, will continue to heal and become the men that JS could never be.  He already has more courage than most grown men. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1196 on: June 10, 2012, 02:19:13 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hqhnz-amDs4plyCd9UsIeMNVtUHw?docId=d3a07d30217f4c8687bfb0414df865af
Investigations spawned by Jerry Sandusky charges
June 10, 2012

The outcome of Jerry Sandusky's trial on 52 counts of child sex abuse on 10 alleged victims over a 15-year span won't signal the last word about what occurred.

Several active investigations were spawned by his arrest in November, including:

— The Pennsylvania attorney general's office has said repeatedly that it has an "active and ongoing" related investigation.

— The U.S. attorney in Harrisburg issued a wide-ranging subpoena to Penn State University in February, seeking computer records and other information.

— Ex-FBI director Louis Freeh was brought in by Penn State's board and is conducting an investigation in which hundreds of people have been interviewed. A report is likely to be released in August.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1197 on: June 10, 2012, 02:49:06 PM »

http://bostonherald.com/news/national/northeast/view.bg?&articleid=1061137990&format=&page=1&listingType=natne#articleFulla
Probes could produce answers after Jerry Sandusky trial
June 10, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1198 on: June 10, 2012, 10:43:39 PM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_case_in_the_han.html
Jerry Sandusky case in the hands of legal trio
By Sara Ganim, The Patriot-News
June 10, 2012

CHRIS KNIGHT, The Patriot-NewsInside Centre County courthouse, where Jerry Sandusky will be tried on charges he molested 10 boys.

It’s been clear since the first hearing in the Jerry Sandusky case that three very singular attorneys have converged in a way that is typically only seen in scripted drama.

The eccentric prosecutor, who wears dark sunglasses inside and has no time for cordiality.

The used-car salesman defense attorney, with the confidence to believe he can talk his way into — or out of — almost anything.

The gabby judge, unafraid to reverse himself, happily engaged and vocal enough to act sharply when things have gone off track.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1199 on: June 10, 2012, 10:49:00 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/sganim

Sara Ganim ‏@sganim 6 hours ago

Lots of precautions being put into place at courthouse to protect #Sandusky witnesses http://pic.twitter.com/jQBD6RbJ

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.