March 18, 2024, 11:41:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1001308 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2011, 02:46:06 PM »

When a 28 year old Mike McQueary failed to take immediate action to protect a child who he observed in the process of being raped by 57 year old Jerry Sandusky ... he may have been within the letter of the law.  However ... if that little boy had been Mike's younger bother ... I am darn sure that one way or another ... no child would again have been at risk by the sick desires of Sandusky.

The same goes for Joe Paterno if the little boy had been his grandson.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2011, 03:09:25 PM »

Also ... Mike McQueary and Joe Paterno had over a decade to personally take action to right the wrong against this little boy who was raped by Jerry Sandusky but both made the choice to do nothing.

Hey ... prestige standings within the University's football program and lucrative salaries "may" have been at risk if the truth had been revealed but ... so what!!  Personal integrity would have been restored.  What a lasting legacy to leave those students!  What a lasting legacy to leave your family!

Janet

+++++

Matthew 16:26
And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2011, 03:15:15 PM »

Ok...enough with calling this a sex scandal.  That has got to stop.

I haven't read anywhere that Sandusky's home computer was seized.  Anyone else? 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2011, 03:22:44 PM »

Still on the ipad so i cant link it, but the sister of the shower victim was interviewed by pennlive.  Her comments are interesting as she is currently a student at Penn State.

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2011, 03:53:21 PM »

What do we do with all this?  How do we balance the rights?

.  How do we make the system work better?

No, I don’t believe Sandusky is innocent.  In fact, he should have been jailed and under suicide watch, mo.  Sandusky is the epicenter of a quake and tsunami.  Pluck Sandusky out of the picture and there is nothing happening.  Put him back in the picture and there’s chaos.  All of it surrounds Jerry.

In 2000, the janitor saw something, spoke about it; nothing happened.  It’s sad that the information didn’t go farther; I don’t blame the janitor.  The janitor was very upset.  Did the janitor even know who the adult was?  Looks like the incident may have impacted the rest of his life.  The janitor is not to blame.  The actions of one individual are to blame.

Could the janitor have done more?  Certainly.  Was he threatened?  Indications are that he could have been threatened.  Sandusky appears to have made two slow trips through the parking lot afterwards.  He was seen both times.  (Grand Jury Report)

There are very few people close to the situation who couldn’t have done more.  However, if the adopted son hadn’t complained; if the mother (1998) hadn’t complained; if the janitor hadn’t told someone; if McQueary hadn’t told Paterno, who told Curley/Schultz; if the latest known victim hadn’t complained . . . Sandusky would able to continue,        un-TOUCHED.

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2011, 03:57:15 PM »

Gricar and Sandusky
By Joe Mandak — The Associated Press
Posted: 2:50pm on Nov 11, 2011; Modified: 3:16pm on Nov 11, 2011

This photo of former Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar was taken in March 2005, just a few weeks before he disappeared. CDT/2005 FILE PHOTO — CDT/2005 file photo

STATE COLLEGE — The man investigating the 2005 disappearance of a central Pennsylvania prosecutor doesn’t believe it is linked to the prosecutor’s 1998 decision to not file child-sex charges against former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.
Still, Bellefonte police Det. Matthew Rickard tells The Associated Press he’ll review how Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar handled the 1998 allegations — just to be thorough.

Read more: http://www.centredaily.com/2011/11/11/2982886/police-no-link-between-long-missing.html#ixzz1dQrH6oEA

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2011, 05:00:59 PM »

Penn State puts wide receivers' coach on leave

November 11th, 2011

[Updated at 4:18 p.m. ET] Mike McQueary - the Penn State coach who told head coach Joe Paterno about a child sex abuse allegation involving a former coach in 2002 - has been placed on administrative leave, interim school President Rodney Ericson said Friday.

The leave is "indefinite," Ericson said.

McQueary, who coaches the team's wide receivers, was a 28-year-old graduate assistant when he told Paterno of the allegation in 2002.

The scandal revolves around Jerry Sandusky, the football team's former defensive coordinator who is accused of sexually assaulting children. The scandal has led to the departure of four top university figures, including Paterno, amid widespread outrage over their perceived failure to contact police.

::snipping2::
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/11/penn-state-trustees-consider-panel-to-investigate-sex-abuse-allegations/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »

Ok...enough with calling this a sex scandal.  That has got to stop.

I haven't read anywhere that Sandusky's home computer was seized.  Anyone else? 

BBM  ITA it's not a "sex scandal".  Children were forced into sex acts with an adult. 

No KittyMom, I haven't read anywhere that Sandusky's home computer was seized.  Anyone else?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2011, 07:39:58 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57323072/sandusky-victim-1-called-hero-for-speaking-out/
Sandusky "Victim 1" called hero for speaking out
November 11, 2011

(CBS News)

The grand jury presentment accusing former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky of being a sexual predator of young boys from a youth charity he helped found is a graphic telling of repeated serial assaults on victimized children.

In the presentment, "Victim 1" first came into contact with Sandusky via The Second Mile, a charity for disadvantaged youth. At about age 12 or 13 the boy first met Sandusky, and claims being sexually abused by him beginning in 2005 or 2006, after being offered gifts such as clothing and NFL game tickets.

But Victim 1 was not the first victim. According to the grand jury, he was merely the first victim to come forward.

The boy showed "courage" that others - including adults in positions of power at the university - did not in dealing with Sandusky, a revered former coach who still had access to campus facilities, Michael Gillum, the victim's psychologist, told USA Today.

"Had this individual not come forward, this investigation may not have happened. Who knows how many people he saved from abuse?
"He's a hero. That is the truth," said Gillum.

An investigation by the state attorney general's office began in early 2009 after a teenage boy ("Victim 1") told authorities that Sandusky inappropriately touched him several times during a four-year period.

The graphic presentment tells of Sandusky fondling the boy and repeatedly sexually assaulting him when the boy stayed in the basement at Sandusky's home. Sandusky also visited the boy at his school, calling him out of class for unmonitored time in a conference room. (As a volunteer coach Sandusky had unfettered access to the school.) A wrestling coach at a Clinton County high school testified that he discovered Sandusky and the boy lying together on mats in a weight room after hours; Sandusky claimed that he and the boy were "working on wrestling moves."

An assistant principal who characterized Sandusky as "very controlling" in his mentoring relationships with students - as well as "clingy" and "needy" when a student broke off contact - said Sandusky was barred from the school district after Victim 1's mother called to notify the school, and authorities were contacted.

Phone records show 188 phone calls place by Sandusky to Victim 1's home between January 2008 and July 2009. The boy, who did not want to engage in sexual contact with Sandusky would ask his mother to tell the coach he was not home. The boy eventually told school officials there was "an issue" involving Sandusky but would not clarify.

A school official reportedly informed the boy's mother of Sandusky's reputation in the community and, Gillum recalled, described the coach as having "a heart of gold." The mother reported her concerns to the Clinton County Children and Youth Services where Gillum worked.

Gillum said after his discussions with the victim he assembled a report which he referred to state youth authorities and state police.

"Had it not been for this individual, my guess is that none of this (Sandusky probe) would have happened," Gillum told USA Today.
How far back go the allegations of abuse - and the tendency to ignore them?

(This 2 page article goes on to explain the rest of each of the other 6 victims and the events that transpired.)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2011, 08:12:32 PM »

http://www.wgal.com/r/29750826/detail.html
Sandusky Courted Recruits As Late As 2010
South Carolina Recruit Crosses PSU Off List
November 11, 2011

PITTSBURGH -- Former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky remained as a de facto recruiter for the Nittany Lions as late as last summer.

The father of a South Carolina high school player says Sandusky attended a football camp for players of Polynesian descent in Utah last year and encouraged players to play for coach Joe Paterno.

Sandusky made the trip even as a grand jury investigated claims of sexual abuse by the former coach. Sandusky is now charged with molesting eight boys over a 15-year period.

Otto Ah Ching says his son Adam, a linebacker at Greer (S.C.) High, put Penn State on his list of possible schools after speaking to Sandusky. Ah Ching has since crossed Penn State off his list of possible schools, a problem that could grow.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2011, 08:37:04 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/a-week-of-campus-turmoil-over-sex-abuse-scandal-robs-penn-state-of-festive-football-weekend/2011/11/11/gIQAR7fODN_story.html
A week of campus turmoil over sex abuse scandal robs Penn State of festive football weekend
November 11, 2011

One sentence sticks out for me in this article:
<snip>
New president Rod Erickson plans to appoint an ethics officer, and said the school will review all standards, policies and programs to ensure they meet “not only the law, but Penn State’s standard.”
<snip>

From the way things look from my perspective, Penn State seemed to act as though they were they law, that they knew best. There's an article I read today where Franco Harris says "He forwarded the information to his superiors.  That's the legal procedure at Penn State."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/16076958/franco-harris-defends-paterno-mcqueary-blasts-trustees
<snip>
Harris also criticized state police commissioner Frank Noonan for saying Paterno had a "moral obligation" to contact police when told of the incident, according to the report.
"When I heard that, it blew my mind," Harris said. "Why would they bring the moral into the legal? Now, everyone gets to interpret in their own way. That's what really bothers me: Joe did what was right for him to do. He forwarded the information to his superiors. That's the legal procedure at Penn State.   
<snip>

So, does this mean Penn State really has "legal procedures?"  If so, do Penn State's legal procedures supercede the laws of the city, county state and etc., such as reporting the incidence of sexual abuse of a child you were witness to?   Sad. 

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2011, 09:55:22 PM »

Obama: Penn State abuse cause for 'soul-searching'

Associated Press | November 11, 2011 09:45 PM EST | AP

CORONADO, Calif. — President Barack Obama says the Penn State sex-abuse scandal should lead to "soul-searching" by all Americans, not just Penn State.

"Obviously what happened was heartbreaking, especially for the victims, the young people who got affected by these alleged assaults," he told Westwood One radio in an interview Friday night. "And I think it's a good time for the entire country to do some soul-searching – not just Penn State. People care about sports, it's important to us, but our No. 1 priority has to be protecting our kids. And every institution has to examine how they operate, and every individual has to take responsibility for making sure that our kids are protected."

The Penn State scandal has cost several university officials their jobs, most notably longtime football coach Joe Paterno, who was faulted for not alerting police after he was told about alleged sex abuse by a former assistant coach.

Obama said that the scandal shows that "you can't just rely on bureaucracy and systems in these kinds of situations. People have to step forward, they have to be tapping into just their core decency." When kids are mistreated – or anyone, for that matter – "all of us have to step up, we don't leave it to somebody else to take responsibility."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20111111/us-obama-paterno/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2011, 10:15:30 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/11/sandusky-made-457g-after-pennsylvania-charity-learned-allegations-tax-records/?intcmp=trending
Sandusky Made $457G From Pennsylvania Charity Despite Child Sex Allegations, Tax Records Show
November 11, 2011

Annual compensation of $57,000 for Jerry Sandusky is shown, according to this 2003 tax document. Those payments continued through 2008, some 10 years after an alleged victim said he showered with Sandusky at Penn State's Holuba Hall.

A Pennsylvania charity founded by Jerry Sandusky continued to pay the former Penn State defensive coordinator a consulting fee totaling nearly $500,000 over eight years, tax documents show, despite an attorney who reportedly worked with the charity knowing Sandusky faced child sex abuse allegations.
Sandusky now is charged with a series of sexual assaults in a scandal at Penn State that prompted the university this week to oust its president and legendary football coach Joe Paterno. Two other campus officials faces charges of failing to notify police of alleged assaults occurring on campus.
Sandusky founded his charity, The Second Mile, in 1977 as a group foster home dedicated to helping troubled boys. In 2001, the charity began paying Sandusky an annual "consulting" fee of $57,000, tax documents reviewed by FoxNews.com show. The fees added up to $457,000 over eight years.

In November 2008, Sandusky informed the charity that he had learned he was being investigated as a result of allegations made against him by a young man in Pennsylvania's Clinton County. The consulting fees abruptly ended after 2008.
"Although he maintained there was no truth to the claims, we are an organization committed first and foremost to the safety and well-being of the children we serve," according to a statement on the organization's website. "Consistent with that commitment and with The Second Mile policy, we immediately made the decision to separate him from all of our program activities involving children. Thus, from 2008 to present, Mr. Sandusky has had no involvement with Second Mile programs involving children."

But in 1998, according to a grand jury report, Victim No. 6, who is now 24, told his mother he had showered with Sandusky in Penn State's Holuba Hall. Wendell Courtney, Penn State's general counsel, reviewed that report on behalf of the university before submitting it to then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar.

Courtney reportedly also represented The Second Mile at the time.

Courtney didn't respond to FoxNews.com's request for comment for this story, though on Wednesday, he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that he did not begin to represent The Second Mile until early 2009, calling reports to the contrary "factually incorrect." He told the Post-Gazette that he didn't inform the Second Mile a sexual abuse investigation had been conducted at Penn State, and he withdrew as the organization's counsel on Monday over conflict of interest concerns.

A spokesman for Attorney General Linda Kelly, however, disputed Courtney's claim.

"It's clear from the findings of the grand jury that Mr. Courtney had direct dealings with both Penn State and The Second Mile, and he had knowledge and was aware of the 1998 incident," spokesman Nils Frederiksen told the newspaper.

Meanwhile, The Second Mile's CEO, Jack Raykovitz, has earned more than $1.3 million since 1998. Raykovitz was informed in 2002 by Penn State Athletic Director Tim Curley -- who is now on paid administrative leave and faces criminal charges -- that an individual had reported to Curley that he was uncomfortable about seeing Sandusky in the locker room shower with a young boy.

"Mr. Curley also shared that the information had been internally reviewed and that there was no finding of wrongdoing," read a statement on The Second Mile's website. "At no time was The Second Mile made aware of the very serious allegations contained in the Grand Jury report."

Curley and university vice president Gary Schultz have been charged with perjury and failure to report the 2002 assault to police, as was required by state law. Along with Sandusky, both men maintain their innocence.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2011, 10:47:05 PM »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/penn-state-sex-assault-alleged-in-texas
Penn State sex assault alleged in Texas
Silence in sex assaults common, but laws differ

November 11, 2011

AUSTIN (KXAN) - San Antonio police are investigating the possibility that one of Jerry Sandusky’s alleged sex assaults took place while Penn State was preparing for the 1999 Alamo Bowl.

Sandusky brought “Victim No. 4” along for the trip, but threatened to send him home if he resisted sexual advances, according to the sexually explicit grand jury report.

The lack of communication and proper action that has marred the Penn State child sex assault case is not uncommon in similar crimes against children.

The law, however, is quite different in Texas.

“Under Texas law, you are required to make that report,” said Detective Joel Pridgeon with Austin Police Department’s Child Abuse Unit.

In the Penn State grand jury report, a graduate assistant who witnesses one of the sexual assaults happening notified Joe Paterno, but not police or child protective services.

In Texas, that would qualify as a class A misdemeanor:

Texas Penal Code …

Sec. 38.17.  FAILURE TO STOP OR REPORT AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT OF CHILD.  (a)  A person, other than a person who has a relationship with a child described by Section 22.04(b), commits an offense if:

(1)  the actor observes the commission or attempted commission of an offense prohibited by Section 21.02 or 22.021(a)(2)(B) under circumstances in which a reasonable person would believe that an offense of a sexual or assaultive nature was being committed or was about to be committed against the child;

(2)  the actor fails to assist the child or immediately report the commission of the offense to a peace officer or law enforcement agency; and

(3)  the actor could assist the child or immediately report the commission of the offense without placing the actor in danger of suffering serious bodily injury or death.

(b)  An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2011, 11:18:08 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/12/sports/ncaafootball/penn-state-officials-including-paterno-could-face-civil-lawsuits.html
Penn State Officials, Including Paterno, Could Face Civil Lawsuits
November 11, 2011

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2011, 11:59:34 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/central-florida-connections-found-penn-state-sandu/nFbtT/

Central Florida connections found in Penn State Sandusky child rape scandal

WFTV discovered Sandusky visited the Citrus Bowl and Walt Disney World with his family. The visits were detailed in his book, "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story."

Sandusky wrote about the visits with his family, including his son Matt -- the boy Sandusky adopted from the Second Mile Foundation, who made the first allegations of abuse in 1995.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2011, 12:11:26 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/penn-state-jerry-sandusky-scandal-tracked-back-1995-coach-s-adopted-son-report-article-1.976557?localLinksEnabled=false

Penn State Jerry Sandusky scandal could be tracked back to 1995 with coach’s adopted son: report

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/penn-state-jerry-sandusky-scandal-tracked-back-1995-coach-s-adopted-son-report-article-1.976557#ixzz1dSrs1YEL

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2011, 09:16:40 AM »

I really, really wish media would stop calling what happened to the child sex abuse victims a scandal.  It's more of a tragedy, at least.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3480_162-57323606/penn-state-students-hold-candlelight-vigil/
Penn State students hold candlelight vigil
November 11, 2011

November 12, 2011 8:41 AM
People hold candles during a candlelight vigil in front of the Old Main building on the Penn State Campus Friday, Nov. 11, 2011 in State College, Pa. The vigil was held in support of the alleged victims of a child sex abuse scandal involving a former assistant coach. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

(CBS/AP)

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - Thousands came together on the campus of Penn State Friday evening for a candlelight vigil and a moment of silence in support of the alleged victims in the child sex abuse scandal roiling the university.

The scandal, centered around former defensive coach Jerry Sandusky, has so far resulted in a widespread housecleaning that has already cost four people their jobs.

"Never again should anyone at Penn State, regardless of their position, feel scared to do the right thing," said Interim president Rodney Erickson. "It will take all of us some time to come to grips with the full magnitude of all the damage that has been done."

Sara Ganim, a reporter with the State College Patriot News, told "The Early Show on Saturday Morning" that the mood on campus last night was different from a normal pre-football Friday night: "It was quiet. It was solemn," she said. "The mood on campus was much different than in the past couple of days where there has been rowdiness and students taking a lot of criticism for their behavior. Last night, it was very well-behaved and solemn, quiet clapping after several speakers.

"In the back, behind those several thousand students with all of those candles, there were police on horses, so the presence and the idea of what has been going on here this week was still very much known."

The vigil was organized by students in the wake of a shocking grand jury report that accuses a retired assistant football coach of repeatedly sexually assaulting boys, sometimes at university facilities. It suggested that school officials didn't aggressively investigate or report the activity.

As a result, university trustees forced out the school's president, Graham Spanier. They also fired storied football coach Joe Paterno, which touched off a violent student demonstration on campus Wednesday night, requiring police clad in riot gear to disperse the students, at times with pepper spray.

The vigil in front of Penn State's "Old Main" administration building drew students, alumni and teachers. They observed a moment of silence after the bell tolled at 10 p.m. and listened to several speakers, including former college All-American linebacker LaVar Arrington, an a cappella group singing "Imagine" and the school marching band.

It was largely solemn until it ended with an ear-shattering series of "We are ... Penn State!" — helping a group of people who felt like they had lost a hero — Paterno — to have something to rally around.

"Having that taken away from us made us feel lost," said junior Leah Blasko of Pittsburgh. "Tonight really gave us a place to put ourselves back together."

One speaker, 2007 graduate Dustin Yenser, encouraged victims to know that they had the support of the campus despite having been failed by people who he believed had an obligation to protect them. And Arrington urged attendees to use the scandal as a challenge.

"Let it be known that we waged war to make a difference," Arrington said. "Leave here tonight with a resolve and an understanding that you possess the power to change things."

The seeds of the student-organized vigil began even before the Wednesday night violence. Penn State senior and organizer Jessica Sever said she read the grand jury report Monday night and woke up disgusted, feeling as though something needed to be done and wanting to put the focus back on the victims, not Spanier or Paterno.

"What I really want to focus on is the victims right now," Sever said. "We really need some positivity, because there is none right here."

McQueary told players by phone Friday that he was in a secluded location outside State College, The Harrisburg Patriot-News reported.

Last night, head coach Joe Paterno's son Jay issued a statement on behalf of his father. It said, in part, "he is absolutely distraught over what happened to the children and their families, and he also wants very much to speak publicly and answer questions."

Coach Paterno has hired a top criminal defense attorney out of Washington, D.C., a man who once represented former President George H.W. Bush in the Iran-Contra scandal.

Extra security will be on hand at the game and students have been warned that any uncivil action will not be tolerated.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2011, 10:40:16 AM »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/11/joe-paterno-fired-2.html

Sister of one of Jerry Sandusky's alleged victims feels tortured

The sister of one of Jerry Sandusky's alleged molestation victims is a junior at Penn State. She says she feels ill when she hears her classmates joke about being "Sanduskied" and make light of a situation that has devastated her family.

Did this young ladies family not try to steer her away from this school?  I don't think I could've let my child go knowing what had happened with her sibling.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2011, 10:52:01 AM »

These students need a wake up call.  They are acting stupidly.  It's almost like they are in grammar school.  The faculty needs to start having meetings immediately with all the students and lay it all out on the line telling them this is no joke and whoever is making jokes will be thrown out.  Also, all the parents of these students need step up also.

I don't give a crap about Joe Paterno and his legacy.  The children are more important and it happened under his watch and it was one of his coaches.  In my opinion he didn't do enough and this is why he is not here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.