March 19, 2024, 03:59:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1001377 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1420 on: June 14, 2012, 09:47:52 PM »

Michael Reagan was just interviewed by Piers Morgan on CNN.  His testimony regarding the child abuse at the hands of a trust day camp leader was very powerful.  I believe there is a repeat of the program later this evening.  Check the listing.

The following commentary in its entirety is a must read.  IMO

Janet.

Don’t Be an Enabler — When a Child Is Abused, Here’s What to Do
By Michael Reagan
Published November 10, 2011

Allegations of child sexual abuse by a former assistant football coach at Penn State University have dominated the news this week. On Wednesday legendary football coach Joe Paterno released a statement in which he said, "With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more." How lame is that, coach?

Would you have accepted that excuse from one of your players? "With the benefit of hindsight, coach, I wish I had run the route we rehearsed a thousand times in practice." See how stupid that sounds? It doesn't take "hindsight" to know that when some monster is raping children in your locker room, you call the police.

Coach, you knew back in 2002 that Jerry Sandusky had anally raped a ten-year-old boy in the Lasch Football Building. You handled the matter quietly with your athletic director, Tim Curley. You took away the rapist's keys and barred him from the facility—but you didn't call the police. You didn't lift a finger to help the victim. No hindsight needed, coach. You screwed up.

Yes, we all know about your 61-year career at Penn State. But when you allow children to be victimized right under your nose, you wipe out 61 years of achievement. The Jerry Sandusky scandal is your legacy now/

<snipped>

Read More:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/11/10/dont-be-enabler-when-child-is-abused-heres-what-to-do/

++++++++

Michael Reagan is the son of President Ronald Reagan. He is a political consultant, the founder and chairman of The Reagan Group, and president of The Reagan Legacy Foundation. Visit his website at http://www.reagan.com, and visit the Michael Reagan Center at Arrow Child & Family ministries. Portions of this column are adapted from his book “Twice Adopted.”

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1421 on: June 15, 2012, 09:55:41 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/14/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Manhunt on for Surgeon Suspected of Killing Ex
Aired June 14, 2012 - 19:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.
 ::snipping2::
And Jerry Sandusky, the tickle monster? That`s what the latest alleged victim says the former football coach called himself before sexually assaulting him. An outraged mom confronted the defendant more than a decade ago about showering with her son. And she says the former football coach told her, "I wish I were dead." So why wasn`t he arrested then? We`ll bring you the latest from the courtroom.
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: More heart-wrenching testimony in the sex abuse trial of former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, charged with sexually abusing.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The grand jury report is filled with details from each accuser, alleging how and when Sandusky allegedly victimized them.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Former Penn State assistant football coach is charged with sexually abusing ten boys over 15 years.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The report details accusations that Sandusky would take his hands and place them on their thighs as they were driving in the car. That he would tickle them and blow on their stomachs at bedtime. Would shower naked with them and would rape them.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tickle monster, is that how legendary coach turned molestation defendant Jerry Sandusky sees himself today?

In another courtroom stunner, victim No. 6, an innocent 11-year-old boy at the time, testified now as a grown man how Sandusky moved right next to him in the showers. He said he remembered as a kid seeing Sandusky`s chest hair "right in my face" as Sandusky called himself the tickle monster, using infantile language and behavior to make kids feel safe. Victim No. 6, now 25 years old, said the episode made him feel icky. Court watchers said the testimony got graphic.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: He soaked him up and then he picked him up and he said, "I`m the tickle monster." And he said, "I`m going to squeeze your guts out." Got him all lathered up. And he says he`s not -- only remembers feeling the chest hair of Jerry Sandusky against his back. And after that he testified that he blacked out.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: In all, eight young men have now testified they were sexually abused by the former Penn State football coach. How did Sandusky react to this graphic and disturbing testimony as he sat there?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I swear, I see a faint smile on his face when they are recanting what happened to them with Jerry. The rides, the football games, the tickets. And he just seems to just relish in all of that.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: A former police officer also took the stand today. This investigator said well over a decade ago the mother of victim No. 6 called cops to complain about Sandusky. So the cops set up a sting.

He had the mother invite Sandusky to her house while he secretly listened from another room. He heard Jerry Sandusky beg the boy`s mother for forgiveness and say, "I wish I were dead."

The officer went to prosecutors, but get this, the D.A. did not press charges. Why not? Why not? This was 1998. At least four of the victims who`ve taken the stand in this trial say they were sexually assaulted after that.

Tonight I ask you: how many boys could have been spared had only one adult done the right thing, confront the powerful?

We`re taking your calls: 1-877-JVM-SAYS. 1-877-586-7297.
Arnie Spanier, you`ve been following this trial, you`re big in sports. I was really disgusted when I heard that almost a decade and a half ago there was an opportunity to stop this alleged behavior, but nobody wanted to prosecute somebody part of the legendary Penn State football program.

ARNIE SPANIER, COVERED SANDUSKY TRIAL: We dropped the ball, Jane. We dropped the ball. We could have saved 90 percent of these kids. We did nothing about it. The police turned their back, at least some of them did. We didn`t do enough. It`s disgusting.

I know this is not a death penalty case but man, if this ever screaming a death penalty, I hope Jerry Sandusky gets exactly what he gets. I don`t have to hear anymore. I don`t have to see anymore. We know this guy is guilty as sin.

He needs to be in prison. I give him two options, either I put him in isolation and he gives up all those other freak (inaudible) members that he likes to hang with, or I put him in general population and I`ll let another prison choke the life out of him. That`s what he deserves.

And 99 percent of America that`s watching this show right now agrees with me, Jane. They do. They just don`t have the guts to say it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, the details of this testimony really make me want to cry. Listen to this. Victim number nine, he was a young boy at the time in Jerry Sandusky`s basement. And he claimed he screamed. He was screaming at the top of his lungs for help knowing that Mrs. Sandusky, he says, yes, Dottie Sandusky was upstairs in the Sandusky home.

She will be called as a witness for the defense. So apparently she wasn`t in the courtroom. But she`s going to have to answer to that. Listen to Beth Karas, from "in session" describe what Dottie might say.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

BETH KARAS, "IN SESSION" CORRESPONDENT: She was never aware of any cries for help, but in her defense either they had good soundproofing in the finished basement, or now kids playing in the basement, they had shuffleboard, they had a pool table, maybe, you know, kids they wrestle around, they squeal, they scream, have fun, they yell. And maybe, if indeed she was there and heard this, she thought it was just Jerry having fun with the kids.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Michael Christian, senior field producer "In Session", you`ve been in the courtroom. This idea that this little boy is saying he`s screaming for help and there`s a woman upstairs and she just doesn`t hear it, what`s been the reaction in court of those close to Jerry Sandusky who were in his life for so long, including his wife, Dottie?

MICHAEL CHRISTIAN, SENIOR FIELD PRODUCER, "IN SESSION": Well, I think people have questioned Dottie`s role in this for a long time, Jane. It just doesn`t seem to make any sense. Not that anything in this case makes any sense.

What I found most interesting today was actually victim number three, who testified earlier in the afternoon because he said he loved Jerry Sandusky. You know, all these kids who were from broken homes for the most part they lacked father figures. And according to the testimony we`ve heard, the defendant just moved right in on that.

Victim number three said he loved him. He was willing to put up with what was happening to him because of all the good things, the gifts Jerry Sandusky was giving him, not just physical things but he felt like he was part of the Sandusky family. He loved that. He`d never experienced that before.

So these kids have such tortured emotions, you know. Some of them are just hating what`s being done to them or what they claimed was being done to them. But at the same time they loved the attention. They just had never gotten anything like that before.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, yes, victim number six from back in 1998 he testified he still contacted Jerry Sandusky as recently as the last few years. In a text in 2009 he tells Sandusky "I`m glad God has placed you in my life. You`re an awesome friend. Love you." It wasn`t until recently that he said he realized what had been done to him.

So Stacey Honowitz, you`re a Florida prosecutor, is that going to hurt the prosecution`s case that these young men, even though they were abused as young kids, some of them remain in contact?

STACEY HONOWITZ, FLORIDA PROSECUTOR: No, absolutely not, Jane. I mean I`ve been trying these cases for over 20 years. That`s such a common scheme where you have little kids who have been abused and these kids are from troubled homes. That`s not to say that it doesn`t happen to kids that are from very good homes, but there`s that kind of relationship. He`s groomed them. He`s taken them in. He`s given them gifts. He`s shown them love and affection, at the same time he`s abused them.

And so the idea that they`ve contacted or stayed in contact with him is not unusual and doesn`t negate the abuse that went on. It`s very common for pedophiles to groom, to get somebody to trust them, to love them, and they don`t think they`re doing anything wrong. They think they`re showing him pure love and what they`re doing is not harmful.

And so it takes later on for the boy to recognize what was going on with me was very wrong and I need to do something about it and that`s why they`re coming forward now.

(CROSSTALK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s go out to the phone lines. Christine, Florida, your question or thought -- Christine.

CHRISTINE, FLORIDA (via telephone): Hi, Jane.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hi.

CHRISTINE: Great to talk to you.

You know, Jane, this guy was a monster -- I was molested at like 5 by the school bus driver. He did the exact same thing. Promised me I was going to be a guard for the bus. And I told my parents. And the police told him, well, don`t put me through that because I`d have to testify. But this was back in the `60s.
You know, I`m really happy that little boys are starting to get the attention. You know, little boys have been molested just as long as little girls, but they were so ashamed because they thought it was their manhood, you know, that it made them think they might be gay or -- you know, just the shame. It`s such a shameful act.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tanya Acker, if we learned something from this and I say it over and over -- if there is a man who is very interested in your kids and who always is showering them with gifts and also wants to take them places without you and wants to do sleepovers and then showers, grab your kid and run in the opposite direction as fast as you can.

Five seconds. I`m sorry to leave it at that.

TANYA ACKER, ATTORNEY: Well, you know, there were so many warning signs in this case, Jane. Regardless of whether or not his wife was in a soundproof room, which I don`t exactly buy, or whether or not she thought there was horseplay, the notion of seeing your spouse become so intimate with other people`s children is something that should have raised suspicions period. And everybody blew it on this one.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You are so right.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1422 on: June 15, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »

http://videos.pennlive.com/patriot-news/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_day_4_rep_1.html
The Patriot-News Videos
Jerry Sandusky Trial Day 4: Reporter Charlie Thompson runs through the biggest moments of the day VIDEO
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 7:55 PM

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1423 on: June 15, 2012, 10:00:10 AM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_the_last.html
Jerry Sandusky trial: The last of the alleged victims to testify tells of being forced into sex
By CHARLES THOMPSON, The Patriot-News
Published: Friday, June 15, 2012, 4:00 AM

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1424 on: June 15, 2012, 10:06:51 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/14/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Teen Prostitution; Chilling Testimony in Sandusky Trial
Aired June 14, 2012 - 21:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

Up next, a former hockey player, Theo Fleury, he, himself, knows the pain of the alleged victims in the Sandusky alleged rape trial. He`s going to take your calls with me next. Again, the number is 855-373-7395.

Why does that guy smile so much? We`ll talk about that and what the heck is going on in his mind after the break.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

PINSKY: Coming up, another chilling day of testimony in the Jerry Sandusky child rape trial. Three more alleged victims on the stand. Three more accounts of sexual abuse. One even saying he cried out for help while being molested in Sandusky`s basement.

Will prosecutors wrap up their case by week`s end? And the biggest question of all, will Sandusky, himself, take the stand?

We are taking calls now, 1-855-DRDREW5.

(MUSIC)

PINSKY: Former Penn State assistant coach, Jerry Sandusky, is on trial for 52 counts of child abuse. Today, three more alleged victims relieve their pain as they testified.

Now, former NHL player Theo Fleury knows that pain quite well. He, himself, was sexually abused by a former coach.

Theo, we are hearing that, in fact, Sandusky, himself, may testify. Is that -- do you think that`s just a symptom of how deep this guy`s denial is or how self-righteous he is?

THEO FLEURY, FORMER NHL PLAYER: Well, what we know about pedophiles and pedophilia is these guys have a tremendous ego and sometimes their ego gets the better of them. If the Bob Costas interview is any indication how sick this guy is, then I would say put him on the stand and let him hang himself.

PINSKY: And, Theo, is -- a lot of people don`t understand that these guys, in their own mind, kind of think that these guys, like, want to participate in it. Is that the kind of seduction you had to go through where this guy sort of enlists you in it and makes you feel responsible? Can you help people understand that experience?

FLEURY: Yes, absolutely. You know, after, you know, following the case closely the last week, you know, Jerry Sandusky is exactly the same guy as the guy that, you know, groomed me, and he was a coach of mine. He had a tremendous influence on my hockey career. And you know, I just wanted to be an NHL hockey player, and however, I got there.

But you know, this guy stood in the way of a lot of things, you know, what a -- you know, my life was completely turned upside down. You know, I got involved heavily into alcohol and drugs and sex and gambling and food addiction and food addictions and all kinds of stuff.

And you know wasn`t until, you know, I finally surrender to something greater than myself that I really started to get on a path of, you know healing and, you know, just -- just feeling comfortable in my own skin again.

PINSKY: You know, Theo, I always tell patients when I see them, if they`ve got bad enough addiction that they need to see me, there is virtually 100 percent probability of childhood abuse of some type, and these days, sexual abuse is one of the most common things.

And I guess why I keep focusing segments on this is I don`t think our country really realizes, you know, this is not some -- Sandusky is not some sort of peculiar outline behavior that happens. It`s happening around them now. You agree with that?

FLEURY: Dr. Drew, it`s not an epidemic, it`s a pandemic.

PINSKY: Yes.

FLEURY: You know, one in three girls, one in five boys before the age of 18, suffers sexual abuse. So -- you know, in Canada, you know, that`s one quarter of the population. So, we have eight million survivors of sexual abuse. And you know, in the United States, it`s got to be in the hundreds of millions.

PINSKY: Yep. It`s certainly millions and millions. Let`s go to phone calls, my friend. C.E. in Ohio. What do you got?

C.E., OHIO: Hi, Dr. Drew.

PINSKY: C.E.
C.E.: I was several years sober when I face my abuser. And the moment -- started the confrontation started, I saw the fear well up in his eyes, and it was at that moment that I realized he no longer had power over me. And it was both empowering and liberating. And I walked away. I was able to walk away and forgive him.

PINSKY: Oh, that`s -- the forgiveness part is very powerful. My experience has not been in dealing with patients that go to confront their abuser. It`s not been quite that universally positive. Theo, did you end up in confronting your abuser?

FLEURY: You know what, I -- you know, because our legal system in Canada is so messed up, you know, they actually protect pedophiles up here as opposed to punish them. So, I made sure that I was in a very healthy and strong place in my life before I went to police and, you know, filed a complaint. And basically, what I wanted to accomplish by doing that was to, first of all, expose the system.

PINSKY: Mm-hmm. Oh, I think we lost you there. I think you were probably going to say, second of all, make sure this guy doesn`t do something to anybody else. But let me just say for -- our Skype just froze in a very strange way we`ve never had happened before live television. But I will say, C.E., that for those people who are listening that maybe contemplating confronting their abuser, I wouldn`t rush to do that by any means.

Theo makes an extremely important point. Before you do anything like that, you want to make sure you`re well-healed first. The goal would be, frankly, to make sure this person, whoever he or she might be, does not harm anybody else and that you don`t go out there and expect that somehow, that by simply by confronting them, you`re going to be magically released from the terror that they have been in your life for so long.

Quickly, Ashley in Louisiana. Do you have a question?

ASHLEY, LOUISIANA: Hi, Dr. Drew. How are you?

PINSKY: I`m good. Thank you for calling you.

ASHLEY: Really not a question, more of a comment about the Sandusky trial and thinking that if he does take the stand, could he possibly claim that he was a victim, that he was abused as a child? And that is now why - -

PINSKY: Yes -- go ahead. I`m sorry. I interrupted you. I`m just contemplating. Yes. It`s a really interesting question, right?

ASHLEY: I was thinking that.

PINSKY: Well, I`ll tell you what, if he is a sexual predator, which certainly the evidence is mounting, there is no doubt in my mind he was a sexual abuse survivor that doesn`t make the behavior OK in the present. It just doesn`t.

ASHLEY: No, absolutely not.

PINSKY: And here is the reality. If someone has been a sexual abuse survivor and they are feeling like they might perpetrate, get help now. Do not allow this to happen. It is not OK.

If you have any peculiar feelings that you`re ashamed of and you`ve been a sexual abuse survivor, then I tell you, get help before you hurt yourself or hurt somebody else because once you have, I`m sorry, it`s over at that point. And I think you would agree with me, would you not, Ashley?

ASHLEY: Absolutely.

PINSKY: OK. Thank you for that call. And Theo, we lost you there on Skype. I know you`re back with me now. I just want to say thank you for being courageous and sharing the story with us. It is obviously -- you know, your story really contributes something to help people understand what the Sandusky thing is all about and what the impact is going to be on these kids.

FLEURY: Well, it`s -- you know, these guys infiltrate themselves into all kinds of kids` programs and the best advice I can give to parents is, you know, never allow a coach or teacher or a preacher to have any alone time with your kid. There`s no reason for it. It doesn`t need to happen, and you know, especially in hockey and football.

You know, it`s a team sport. So, you know, there`s no necessary -- necessary reason for the coach to have one-on-one time with any kid.

PINSKY: Thank you, Theo. We`re going to go now and switch gears and I want to thank to our callers, too. It`s been very interesting.

Now, we`re going to switch gears and take calls on various topics after the break, 855-373-7395. Call in.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)
DALIBOR, GEORGIA: Hi, Dr. Drew. How are you?

PINSKY: I`m fine. How are you? So, what kind of name is that?

DALIBOR: A Croatian.

PINSKY: Croatian. Thank you for joining us. What do you got?

DALIBOR: OK. I want to know why is it so hard for a child abuse victims to come out and tell their story?

PINSKY: Have you had any abuse in your childhood?

DALIBOR: No.

PINSKY: No. OK. It`s probably not something I can compartmentalize in a nice, neat package except to say there are sort of major thematics that thee young kids experience. One is, they feel responsible, OK. Now, under the age of 10, it`s a very normal but grandiose posture to believe that you make bad things happen in the world.

You know, parents break up, kids blame themselves. It`s a normal way our brain works in childhood. The problem is when you`ve been traumatized like this and the victimizer, the perpetrator, sort of plays with that, because they, too, were a victim and they know exactly how to play with that and really make the victim feel like they`re responsible for all of this.

If they feel some enjoyment or pleasure from the -- I wouldn`t say enjoyment -- pleasure from the act, they`re very guilty about that and conflicted about that. And they have deep shame, profound shame. And when you feel shame, when you feel -- and shame, by the way, is I am bad as opposed to guilt, I did something bad.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1425 on: June 15, 2012, 11:30:33 AM »

https://twitter.com/#!/vinniepolitan

1h Vinnie Politan Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
#Sandusky defense case starts Monday... Will JS and his wife Dottie testify? I think SHE has to...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1426 on: June 15, 2012, 11:33:15 AM »

https://twitter.com/#!/centredailycom

11h Centre Daily Times Centre Daily Times ‏@centredailycom
Friday's front — Emotional teen: 'It was Jerry,'; Alleged victim 6 in #Sandusky case 'violated'; Official calls investigation daunting task.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1427 on: June 15, 2012, 02:40:51 PM »

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/06/14/who-dottie-sandusky
Who is Dottie Sandusky?
By Graham Winch
updated 7:40 AM EDT, Fri June 15, 2012

The shocking details emerging from the Jerry Sandusky trial are raising a lot of questions about his wife of 46 years, Dottie Sandusky.

The prosecution could wrap up its case by Thursday afternoon, and the defense may begin presenting its case Friday. Dottie Sandusky is expected to testify in support of her husband, but she hasn't been in court with him so far because she's a potential witness. Witnesses aren't allowed in the courtroom until the judge permits them.

Dottie Sandusky has led a relatively private life, but here's what we do know about her: She is originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee, and married her husband in 1966. The couple couldn’t have children, so they adopted five boys and one girl.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1428 on: June 15, 2012, 02:41:49 PM »

Dottie Sandusky's Statement from February 8, 2012.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2011/12/08/could-dottie-sandusky-really-not-know-about-abuse
Dottie Sandusky: Jerry's innocent!
By Susan McMillan
updated 1:27 PM EST, Wed February 08, 2012

NEED TO KNOW

Jerry Sandusky's wife Dottie releases statement asking for people to keep an open mind
    'Victim 9' says Sandusky's wife was in house, didn't respond to screams for help
    People wonder if it's possible that Sandusky's wife really didn't know?

Dottie Sandusky's full statement:

"I want to thank our children, our family, our extended family of former Second Mile participants, and all our friends for standing by us through these difficult times.

Jerry and I want to express our sorrow for all the hurt that has come to those who have supported us and our beloved Penn State and State College Communities.

I have been shocked and dismayed by the allegations made against Jerry, particularly the most recent one that a now young man has said he was kept in our basement during visits and screamed for help as Jerry assaulted him while I was in our home and didn’t respond to his cries for help.

As the mother of six children, I have been devastated by these accusations. I am also angry about these false accusations that such a terrible incident ever occurred in my home. No child who ever visited our home was ever forced to stay in our basement and fed there. All the kids who visited us ate with us and our kids and other guests when they were at our home. Our children, our extended family and friends know how much Jerry and I love kids and have always tried to help and care for them. We would never do anything to hurt them.

I am so sad anyone would make such a terrible accusation which is absolutely untrue.

We don’t know why these young men have made these false accusations, but we want everyone to know they are untrue.

I continue to believe in Jerry’s innocence and all the good things he has done.

Jerry’s many success stories with his Second Mile kids and positive memories of those kids keep me going. I am asking everyone to please be reasonable and open-minded until both sides of this case are heard, and Jerry has the opportunity to prove his innocence.

I would like to thank all those individuals who continue to support Jerry and hope they will continue to support us through the conclusion of this very sad time in our lives.

Dottie Sandusky"

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1429 on: June 15, 2012, 03:46:12 PM »

PIERS MORGAN TONIGHT
Sandusky on Trial; Michael Reagan Recounts Own Abuse

PIERS MORGAN, CNN HOST: Tonight, shocking stories from victim after victim, all saying Jerry Sandusky sexually abused them. The latest on the case that's ripping Penn State apart. Also a man who says listening to the testimony in this case brings back bitter memories of his own childhood abuse. Michael Reagan tells his story.

<snipped>

MICHAEL REAGAN, WAS SEXUALLY ABUSED AS A CHILD: Let me tell you, Piers, I don't think there's a child out there who hasn't been sexually abused and isn't right now reliving what these young men are, in fact, testifying, too, and how they're having to relive it as I talk to you tonight.

I just have a knot in my stomach because these stories are so familiar to those of us who in fact have lived these stories with these predators that are out there. And you and I have talked about this before, you know, off-air, the fact that, you know, for a year of my life when I was 8 years old I was sexually abused by a day camp counselor. But this is a man that ultimately took me up to the Santa Monica Mountains, had me take my clothes off, took photographs of me, and had me develop the photographs and said, wouldn't your mother like to have a copy?

My life ended that day. Absolutely ended.  I didn't tell my wife, my mother, my father, my sister, until 1987 when I wrote my first book. And you never forget these things. This is something you just learned to put in a compartment of your life. But it comes out every once in a while. Because it takes everything away from you when an adult does this to you as a child.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/14/pmt.01.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1430 on: June 15, 2012, 04:02:17 PM »

PIERS MORGAN TONIGHT
Sandusky on Trial; Michael Reagan Recounts Own Abuse

PIERS MORGAN, CNN HOST: Tonight, shocking stories from victim after victim, all saying Jerry Sandusky sexually abused them. The latest on the case that's ripping Penn State apart. Also a man who says listening to the testimony in this case brings back bitter memories of his own childhood abuse. Michael Reagan tells his story.

<snipped>

MORGAN: Do you think it's conceivable that Dottie Sandusky, Jerry's wife, knew nothing about any of this?

REAGAN: No, I think -- I think she knew. I think she knew what was going on downstairs but she didn't want to believe what she knew going on downstairs.

MORGAN: Yes.

REAGAN: Too many -- too many wives are protecting too many husbands in the world that we live in today. And, you know, just to give you -- this is going to scare the hell out of you, Piers, but this is absolutely true. A predator, a sexual abuser of children, will abuse in their lifetimes an average of 117 children and 60 percent of those children will go on to abuse themselves.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/14/pmt.01.html

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1431 on: June 15, 2012, 06:06:38 PM »

Jerry Sandusky could possibly have "histrionic personality disorder", but that doesn't mean he's not also a serial pedophile. ""...a psychiatric condition that causes him to act in an "overly seductive" manner" and that his lawer claims would explain his displays of affection toward boys" does not begin to explain the parts about Jerry "having his actions frequently led to aggressive sexual acts including anal rape and oral sex."  JMHO Jerry's attorney's have to try what they can to make some kind of defense, I suppose.   

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jerry-sandusky-psychiatric-testimony-allowed-judge/story?id=16580807
Jerry Sandusky Psychiatric Testimony Allowed by Judge
June 15, 2012

A mental health expert will be allowed to testify that former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky, accused of molesting 10 boys, suffers from a psychiatric condition that causes him to act in an "overly seductive" manner and that his lawyer claims would explain his displays of affection towards the boys.

Judge John Cleland granted Sandusky's motion to submit evidence of "histrionic personality disorder" under the stipulation that the defendant also make himself available to the government's own psychiatrists, so prosecutors could prepare a rebuttal.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:08:41 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1432 on: June 15, 2012, 06:11:09 PM »

Exactly!!

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/15/12242582-does-it-even-matter-if-sandusky-has-a-personality-disorder
Does it even matter if Sandusky has a personality disorder?
June 15, 2012

Could Jerry Sandusky have a psychiatric condition that helps explain the alleged acts of sexual abuse he's currently on trial for? That's what the defense for the former Penn State assistant football coach intends to argue, according to court documents released today.

Prosecutors have argued that letters Sandusky wrote to multiple young boys are proof of "grooming behavior" -- something pedophiles do that might include giving kids presents or acting nicely toward the child to establish an intimate relationship. Over time, it can make the child feel like he or she "owes" the predator sexual acts. The defense intends to argue that these letters exhibit signs of a histrionic personality disorder, a psychiatric condition in which people act in overly emotional and dramatic ways in order to draw attention to themselves.

The defense may or may not succeed in arguing that an undiagnosed personality disorder explains the letters, but when it comes to the case as a whole, the psychiatric issue is irrelevant, explains Dr. Liza Gold, clinical prof of psychology at Georgetown University.

"This really has nothing to do with whether he molested boys," says Gold, who stresses that she has not personally examined Sandusky.

"There's no evidence that I know of that links personality disorder to pedophilia," she says. Some pedophiles may have a personality disorder, and some with a personality disorder may be pedophiles. But there's no correlation between the two, argues Gold, who also serves as the vice president of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law. "It's apples and oranges. It's not even apples and oranges; it's apples and rocks."

More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1433 on: June 15, 2012, 07:54:44 PM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/15/2851782/multiple-allegations-against-sandusky.html
Multiple allegations against Sandusky went unanswered for years
June 15, 2012

As the trial resumes Monday and the prosecution prepares to wrap up its case, one key question lingers: How could so many people ignore so many allegations of abuse for so long?

As the testimony has made clear so far, many people in positions of authority knew or clearly were in a position to know, including the coach's wife and colleagues, along with prosecutors and police. But nothing happened to Sandusky until a 52-count indictment came down in November.

"There's a simple answer: He was a winning coach," said Lois Baron, a retired education professor at Concordia University in Montreal who wrote a book in 2008 that examined abuse issues and the psychology of young athletes.

Experts said it was an all-too common phenomenon: Friends and co-workers are reluctant to report suspicions of sex abuse if they involve a respected community leader. That was certainly the case with the award-winning Sandusky, 68, who ran a charity for troubled kids and invited them to his home, where they could play pool and shuffleboard and spend the night.

And they said the problem was exacerbated when you mixed in sports figures and the all-American drive to win.

"These people give us a tremendous sense of well-being and possibility, and we don't want to admit to ourselves that they're flawed," said Margaret Heffernan, a former chief executive from New Hampshire who wrote a book last year called "Willful Blindness: Why We Ignore the Obvious at Our Peril."
(2 pg article)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1434 on: June 15, 2012, 08:41:41 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/jimhamill

5h Jim Hamill Jim Hamill ‏@JimHamill
Here's medical backround on #Sandusky's apparent "histrionic personality disorder"  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002498/

5h Jim Hamill Jim Hamill ‏@JimHamill
#Sandusky judge: Defense can call expert to testify to apparent "personality disorder." Def also must make himself avail 4 rebuttal expert.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002498/
A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia.
Histrionic personality disorder

Last reviewed: November 23, 2010.

Histrionic personality disorder is a condition in which people act in a very emotional and dramatic way that draws attention to themselves.
Causes, incidence, and risk factors

The cause of this disorder is unknown. Both genes and early childhood events are thought to contribute. It occurs more often in women than in men, although it may be diagnosed more often in women because attention-seeking and sexual forwardness are less socially acceptable for women.

Histrionic personality disorder usually begins in early adulthood.
Symptoms

People with this disorder are usually able to function at a high level and can be successful socially and at work.

Symptoms include:

Acting or looking overly seductive

Being easily influenced by other people

Being overly concerned with their looks

Being overly dramatic and emotional

Being overly sensitive to criticism or disapproval

Believing that relationships are more intimate than they actually are

Blaming failure or disappointment on others

Constantly seeking reassurance or approval

Having a low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification

Needing to be the center of attention (self-centeredness)

Quickly changing emotions, which may seem shallow to others
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1435 on: June 15, 2012, 08:44:11 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/scnewsdesk

5h StateCollege.com StateCollege.com ‏@SCNewsDesk
#Sandusky Trial: Judge Grants Defense's Request for Expert Witness:    http://bit.ly/McnGsu

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1436 on: June 15, 2012, 08:49:01 PM »

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story/Sandusky-trial-brings-to-light-flaw-in-state-law/4U2tDzb5zEmC4xkMlK1tBw.cspx
Sandusky trial brings to light flaw in state law that many want changed
June 14, 2012
The Sandusky trial is bringing to light what many call a major flaw in state law.

Pennsylvania is the only state that does not allow expert witnesses to testify on victim behavior in criminal cases, but that could soon change.

This is a major concern for groups like PCAR, the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape. But a law currently being considered in the legislature would make expert witnesses legal in the Commonwealth.

"What we don't have the benefit of in this trial is expert testimony," stated Hal J. Kleinman, accuser six’s attorney. "Those of you that have some familiarity with kids who have been abused in this fashion would know what this expert would have to say."

Kleinman is responding to a question about a statement sent by accuser number six to Sandusky in November of 2009. It said, "I am glad God placed you in my life. You are an awesome friend. Love ya"

Currently under state law, the prosecutor cannot call an expert witness to explain to a jury how some alleged victims may think this way. But house bill 1264 would change that.

All it needs is to pass the House and be sent to Governor Corbett, who supports it. Proponents say jurors need to be presented with all the facts and that includes informing them on how victims behave after abuse. Over the years, similar bills have been discussed in the legislature, but never passed.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1437 on: June 15, 2012, 08:50:35 PM »

Older article:

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/news-and-opinion/cover-story/Reality-Check-Pennsylvanias-Rape-Laws-Perpetuate-the-Myths.html
Reality Check: Pennsylvania's Rape Laws Perpetuate the Myths
It’s easier to get away with sexual assault in Pennsylvania than anywhere else in U.S.

By Tara Murtha
June 22, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1438 on: June 15, 2012, 08:51:46 PM »

http://www.shirleyfeldmansummers.com/blog/should-expert-testimony-about-childhood-sexual-abuse-be-permitted-in-pennsylvania/
Should expert testimony about childhood sexual abuse be permitted in Pennsylvania?
March 15, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1439 on: June 15, 2012, 08:53:12 PM »

The victims cannot have an expert witness, but Jerry Sandusky has been granted the use of an expert witness for his defense.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.