March 18, 2024, 09:50:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1001270 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1600 on: June 19, 2012, 12:59:45 PM »

https://twitter.com/centredailycom

2m Centre Daily Times Centre Daily Times ‏@centredailycom
Morning recap of the Jerry Sandusky trial from CDT reporter Anne Danahy
http://www.centredaily.com/2012/06/19/323
http://www.centredaily.com/2012/06/19/3234617/video-reporter-anne-danahy-tuesday.html
VIDEO: Reporter Anne Danahy Tuesday morning recap
Published June 19, 2012

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1601 on: June 19, 2012, 01:06:20 PM »

Sara's article has already been posted in this thread, but let's take a look at the comments. 

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/penn_state_group_calls_for_boa.html
Penn State group calls for trustee's resignation over Sandusky 'cover up' comment
By SARA GANIM, The Patriot-News

Published: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 8:23 AM     Updated: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 12:27 PM

Comments:
tiger23 June 19, 2012 at 9:43AM

Masser is a long time critic of JVP and opponent of the Football Program. Better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a "Fool."...... Did anyone believe the "Frito" report would be anything other than self serving to the Ship of Fools?

Metrix
Metrix June 19, 2012 at 10:03AM

This group PS4RS looks like they just want media attention. They want to lash out at the BoT using any pretext. That they are aligning themselves with Curley, Schultz, and Spanier tells me all I need to know.

amanda_bonner
Amanda_Bonner_909 June 19, 2012 at 10:15AM

Metrix -- you are as dumb as Masser with your comment re: PS4RS -- they aren't aligning themselves with Curley, Schultz, and Spanier -- they are aligning themselves with "due process" and the fact that Masser had absolutely no reason other than stupidity to make a comment when a court case is ongoing against Curley and Schultz and Spanier has not been charged with nothing. Masser's comments were self-serving and since the BOT has a policy of everyone speaks with one voice -- then when he makes his comments and tries to say he isn't speaking for the BOT -- he's lying or he's clueless or both. If he's already seen the Freeh report or knows what is going to be in it, then once again the BOT has lied in regard to what they will know and when they will know it. Going into this no one trusted the Freeh report to be anything more than the "story" the BOT wants to put forward -- by speaking out now and referencing the report and the work of the people doing the investigation -- Masser has further diminished the very thin shred of confidence anyone was willing to place in it as being a fair and impartial document even considering that the BOT is footing the bill for it and Freeh is a known commodity of dubious reputation considering his hideous tenure at the FBI and the multiple "sweet" financial deals he made for himself after he left the agency.

glenn15
glenn15 June 19, 2012 at 10:16AM

Trustee Masser just gave voice to the thoughts of an awful lot of people who have followed this case. You would think that by now with all the warning shots that have been fired across the bow of the good ship "Coverup" the people at Penn State would understand that prompt compliance with the subpeonas whold help, not hurt, the University. The rug's too small, the pile's too big, and there aren't enough brooms, it's time to stop sweeping.

tljbcrew
tljbcrew June 19, 2012 at 10:25AM

Unreal that they make this move. His statement doesn't imply that he read any emails. He seems to have access to the same information the general public has. I could be wrong but when I read "it now appears like " that sounds more like an opinion with what he has heard thus far.

whatwilludowhatwilludo

whatwilludowhatwilludo June 19, 2012 at 11:49AM

You're exactly right. It's as if PS4RS is saying "Please don't get in the way of the covering up of the cover up"

gershonpsu
gershonpsu June 19, 2012 at 10:43AM

When the vice chairman of the board of trustees makes a comment using the term "cover-up" he is being prejudicial. Read that word as pre-judicial and it is self-explanatory. This Board just doesn't seem to understand the basic concept of due process. If he hasn't read the emails, then shame on him for repeating media speculation based on selected leaks. If he has read the emails, how did he get access?
If he wants to speak as a private citizen, he should first resign from the Board.

brian_curran

Ed Zontar June 19, 2012 at 10:48AM

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! I am the great and powerful Oz!

brian_curran
Ed Zontar June 19, 2012 at 10:49AM

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! I am the great and powerful Oz!

ceb_1976

ceb_1976 June 19, 2012 at 10:57AM

He should be fired ASAP.

pollardbill
Bill June 19, 2012 at 11:01AM
Follow

I basically agree that Masser has made a fool of himself.

What is incredible to me is that Curley and Schultz's attorneys admitted in writing that they "conscientiously considered and deliberated how to responsibly deal with the conduct and handle the situation properly." Unfortunately they were required by law to report it to the police. They have essentially admitted their guilt by this statement.

noamsane

noamsane June 19, 2012 at 11:37AM

He told the truth. He has to go!

james_fennessy
James Fennessy June 19, 2012 at 11:41AM

Masser and the rest of the BoT are constantly trying to blame scapegoats to cover their own responsibility. First they blamed Joe Paterno and the football program (despite the fact that it was the BoT and not the football program that ave Sandusky lifetime access to the Lasch building). Now when it is clear that Paterno followed the law and PSU rules in reporting, they blame the President,and Schultz. The BoT appointed and supervised Spanier & Schultz, the BoT shared an attorney with the Second Mile back then who undoubtedly informed the BoT, and the BoT's attorney Cynthia Baldwin has been aware of the Sandusky problem for years (She scheduled and represented all PSU administrators to their GJ testimony - although she later claimed she was only representing PSU). The BoT is reponsible for much of this, including for doing nothing to keep Sandusky off campus while the BoT was fully aware that PSU administrators were testifying about the shower incident. All BoT members who were in office during this debacle (from 2001 through 2011), including Masser, should be ashamed of themselves for the damage they caused. They should be removed and they should just shut up. Nomatter the fault or guilt of Schultz & Spanier, the BoT shares enough responsibility and guilt that they should be removed. The fact that this same BoT group remains in power at Penn State sends a message that their lack of governance is OK, that the BoT somehow gets a pass for their role in this entire Sandusky mess.

Bill_Levinson_78

Bill_Levinson_78 June 19, 2012 at 12:05PM

Masser is in my opinion a loose cannon whose big mouth could get Penn State sued (not legal advice, I am not a lawyer). An accusation of a crime and/or unprofessional conduct ("a cover up") is libelous and actionable if not true and, if I were Graham Spanier, I would be talking to a personal injury lawyer at this very moment.

Penn State needs Masser off the Board and out the door as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, he was forced on Penn State by the agricultural societies which means it might be hard to remove him no matter how much damage he causes.

CWL
ucannotbserious June 19, 2012 at 12:06PM

Fire O'brien and put Jay Pas in charge..that will make all you nitanny lion cubs happy.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1602 on: June 19, 2012, 01:24:26 PM »

If the jury gets the ‪#Sandusky‬ case this week, they'll deliberate through weekend if needed

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1603 on: June 19, 2012, 01:37:00 PM »

https://twitter.com/pennlive

7s PennLive.com PennLive.com ‏@pennlive
Prosecution might use unaired portion of ‪#Sandusky‬'s Bob Costas interview in trial   http://bit.ly/PlpbXu

4m PennLive.com PennLive.com ‏@pennlive
Watch the midday racap of ‪#Sandusky‬ trial Day 6 with @sganim [video]   http://bit.ly/KK663s

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1604 on: June 19, 2012, 01:48:16 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/us/2012/06/19/point-nbc-sandusky-costas-intv-helping-young-people.cnn
New Sandusky Tapes May Be Real Shocker
Added On June 19, 2012
Prosecutors may introduce an unaired portion of Jerry Sandusky's interview with NBC's Bob Costas as evidence.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1605 on: June 19, 2012, 01:56:31 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/18/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Zimmerman`s Jailhouse Phone Calls Released
Aired June 18, 2012 - 19:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.
 ::snipping2::
BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Prosecution has rested its case in the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse trial.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: In "The New York Times" interview, there was also -- remember, it was videotaped. It wasn`t just a print interview. And there was a point about -- where Jerry Sandusky said, "I`m attracted to children, young boys."

And then you hear his attorney in the background saying, "Not sexually."

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The mother of alleged victim number nine. She stated that while her son was spending often two to three weekends a month with Jerry Sandusky. She testified that she couldn`t figure out, she wondered why he would often come home without his underwear.

Stunning testimony from these two retired coaches because they took the stand to say -- rather matter of factly -- that they too have showered with young boys at Penn State.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: They say they showered with little boys. Yes. That it would just happen.

But then they`re questioned by the Commonwealth, "Did you bring them there yourself? Did you touch them? Did you lift them?" And the answer, of course, would be no.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight a dramatic ending for the prosecution`s case in the Sandusky child sex abuse trial. Now the defense team unveils their secret strategy. Today the defense called four character witnesses. But did their testimony backfire? The courtroom gasped as two former Penn State coaches described the culture of locker room behavior. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

BETH KARAS, CORRESPONDENT, "IN SESSION": A couple of them said, you know what, I shower in locker rooms also with adolescent boys, and it`s just kind of the way we do things here. One of the two witnesses said he even showers with his granddaughter, who is too young to shower by herself.

JEAN CASAREZ, CORRESPONDENT, "IN SESSION": They say they shower with little boys, yes. That it would just happen. But then the question by the Commonwealth, "Did you bring them there yourself? Did you touch them? Did you lift them?" And the answer, of course, would be "no".

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Sandusky is charged with 51 counts of child sex abuse with 10 boys over 15 years. The defense also questioned a witness about Sandusky`s past football schedule, insinuating that Sandusky`s hectic schedule would have left him too busy to assault the boys.

What do you say to Sandusky`s defense? Is it plausible? Call me, 1- 877-JVM SAYS, 1-877-586-7297.

Straight out to former NHL hockey star and author Theo Fleury. Theo thank you for joining us tonight. You`ve spoken courageously about being abused yourself as a young by your coach. What do you think of these defense witnesses saying it`s totally normal for coaches to shower with adolescent boys and children?

THEO FLEURY, FORMER NHL HOCKEY PLAYER: I played sports for 35 years and not once did one of my coaches enter the shower after a practice or a game. So -- that`s ridiculous.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. Jean Casarez, correspondent, "In Session", you were in court today. What was the react, the buzz around court because a lot of people were just flabbergasted by this testimony?

CASAREZ: I think that was the reaction in court and I don`t think it was expected because with one of the former coaches, when this all started, on direct examination he talked about the long hours of being a coach. It wasn`t until cross-examination by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, when they said do you realize that young boys he took into the shower. And the response was, well, "I shower with young boys too."

And then the Commonwealth says, "11 years old?" "Yes, sure." And so that`s how it began. That`s how it just seemed to multiply in the courtroom. And people, I think, were shocked.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Robi Ludwig, psychotherapist -- A, is this an effective defense? And B, what does this say about the culture there?
ROBI LUDWIG, PSYCHOTHERAPIST: Well, it`s a little scary what it says about the culture. It says anything for the team and whatever creates a successful team, we`ll protect people even if they are dangerous. So that is a scary message.

As far as a defense, there is no defense. Even if somebody has a severe character personality disorder, that doesn`t mean they don`t know the difference between right and wrong. I don`t care what kind of personality disorder you have.

So unless the defense attorney is trying to kind of lessen his sentence, this doesn`t do anything for the defense. Because, all right, he has a disorder; he does things that are wrong. Still, does he know he`s doing things that are wrong? I think the answer is absolutely yes.

This man is not psychotic. He`s not having a break with reality where he doesn`t know the difference between what is real and what`s not. That`s why I kind of put my hands up and say what is the defense attorney thinking?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, here`s another twist. We`re learning that the prosecution wants to bring in never before portions -- never before heard portions of that jaw dropping NBC interview Jerry Sandusky gave right after his arrest. You probably remember it, some of the quotes.

Well, today the "Today" show played another portion we hadn`t heard before. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So it`s entirely possible that you could have helped young boy A in some way that was not objectionable while horribly taking advantage of young boy B, C, D and E. Isn`t that possible?

JERRY SANDUSKY, ON TRIAL FOR SEXUAL ABUSE: Well, you might think that. I don`t know. In terms of my relationship with so many, many young people, I would guess that there were many young people who would come forward, many more young people who would come forward and say that my methods and what I had done for them made a very positive impact on their life.

And I didn`t go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I`ve helped. There are many that I didn`t have -- I hardly had any contact with, who I have helped in many, many ways.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That last comment, Jon Leiberman, investigative reporter, is a shocker. Wow.

JON LEIBERMAN, INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER: Yes, I mean it is. It`s unbelievable. He has never unequivocally said that he didn`t have inappropriate behavior with children.

And I`ll tell you, today, Jane, didn`t feel like the defense putting up a defense. It felt like during sentencings when they get to present mitigating factors like, oh, by the way, Sandusky was a good football coach and he helped a lot of children. It felt like he had already been convicted and at this point they were just trying to put forth mitigating circumstances.

He`s expected to take the stand in his own defense as early as tomorrow.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, get this, the defense is planning to argue that Sandusky had something called histrionic personality disorder. Watch this from NBC.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SANDUSKY: If I say, "No, I`m not attracted to boys," that`s not the truth because I`m attracted to young people, boys, girls --

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, but not sexually. You`re attracted because you enjoy spending time with them.

SANDUSKY: Right. I enjoy -- that`s what I was trying to say -- I enjoy spending time with young people. I enjoy spending time with people - -

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Theo Fleury, again, you were sexually abused by your coach. When you hear this interview with Jerry Sandusky, what runs through you?

FLEURY: Well, there`s a lot of similarities in my case and the Sandusky case, you know. These guys, they just can`t keep their ego in check. You know, they have to be in the spotlight. They`re very arrogant, and they think they can get away with it. And obviously, you know, as a case, you know, goes on, you just see even more and more of him, you know, basically hanging himself. And, you know, it is just typical of, you know, the way these guys act and how they conduct themselves and so, it`s quite humorous that the defense would even allow him to be anywhere near a camera because he just keeps digging himself a bigger hole.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes, Theo, you raise a good point. There are people who say he could testify. He could take the stand tomorrow. Oh my gosh. We`re going to stay on top of the story.

Theo, and my entire panel, thank you so much.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1606 on: June 19, 2012, 02:01:58 PM »

9m PennLive.com PennLive.com ‏@pennlive
Friend and character witness to ‪#Sandusky‬ says she's not swayed by testimony, says accusers see "dollar signs"   http://bit.ly/Nf4ugz

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_friend_sa.html
Jerry Sandusky trial: Friend says she's not swayed by testimony against Sandusky
By JOHN C. WHITEHEAD, The Patriot-News
Published: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 1:29 PM     Updated: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 1:35 PM

Joyce Porter, a character witness for the defense in the Jerry Sandusky case, says she's unwavering in her belief that Sandusky is innocent of charges he molested 10 boys.

Watch Video at Link

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1607 on: June 19, 2012, 02:14:39 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/us/2012/06/19/point-nbc-sandusky-costas-intv-helping-young-people.cnn
New Sandusky Tapes May Be Real Shocker
Added On June 19, 2012
Prosecutors may introduce an unaired portion of Jerry Sandusky's interview with NBC's Bob Costas as evidence.

Prosecutors want damning Sandusky interview footage NBC didn't air
Published June 18, 2012

Accused Penn State pedophile Jerry Sandusky came off a lot creepier in that exclusive sitdown with NBC last November than anyone knew, but the Peacock Network oddly chose not to air what sounds a lot like an admission of guilt -- and now prosecutors want the whole transcript.

"I didn't go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I've helped," Sandusky told Costas in footage that never made the November airing.

The disturbing answer first came to light when NBC's "Today" show aired previously unseen transcripts last Tuesday. That prompted prosecutors from the Pennsylvania attorney general’s office to contact NBC lawyers on Friday to request that the network turn over and authenticate the entire transcript from the interview that was used to tape the segment that aired on the news program, “Rock Center with Brian Williams.”

<snipped>

Costas then challenged Joe Paterno's one-time defensive coordinator, saying: "But isn't what you're just describing the classic MO of many pedophiles? And that is that they gain the trust of young people, they don't necessarily abuse every young person. There were hundreds, if not thousands, of young boys you came into contact with, but there are allegations that at least eight of them were victimized. Many people believe there are more to come.”

“So it's entirely possible that you could've helped young boy A in some way that was not objectionable while horribly taking advantage of young boy B, C, D and E. Isn't that possible?” Costas asked Sandusky during the interview.

Sandusky gave an unusual reply.

"Well -- you might think that. I don't know. In terms of -- my relationship with so many, many young people. I would -- I would guess that there are many young people who would come forward. Many more young people who would come forward and say that my methods and -- and what I had done for them made a very positive impact on their life.”

“And I didn't go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I've helped. There are many that I didn't have -- I hardly had any contact with who I have helped in many, many ways," he added.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/18/prosecutors-request-transcripts-from-sandusky-interview-disturbing-unaired/?test=latestnews

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1608 on: June 19, 2012, 02:40:42 PM »

You were right KittyMom.  Dr. Martin = character witness.

https://twitter.com/jimhamill

5m Jim Hamill Jim Hamill ‏@JimHamill
Alleged ‪#Sandusky‬ Victim 1's mother on the stand. Amendola asks if she told anyone her family would be rich due to the case. She says no.

Defense expert on stand to explain "love letters" to alleged ‪#Sandusky‬ victim. Psychologist diagnosed def w/ histrionic personality disorder

Defense expert lists symptoms of "histrionic personality disorder." Insinuates ‪#Sandusky‬ would have need for attention, approval, respect.

Dr. Martin, ‪#PSU‬ grad, witness for ‪#Sandusky‬: Defendant was known as honest, caring. Now there is a lot of speculation about his reputation.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1609 on: June 19, 2012, 02:42:28 PM »

1m Centre Daily Times Centre Daily Times ‏@centredailycom
Jerry ‪#Sandusky‬ suffers from histrionic personality disorder a psychologist testified for the defense this afternoon.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1610 on: June 19, 2012, 02:44:04 PM »

https://twitter.com/triblive

5m TribLIVE.com TribLIVE.com ‏@TribLIVE
Judge Cleland: Defense psychologist testimony should be used only as ‪#Sandusky‬ jurors contemplate former coach's letters, not other claims

8m TribLIVE.com TribLIVE.com ‏@TribLIVE
Histrionic personality disorder could explain Jerry ‪#Sandusky‬'s emotional, affectionate letters to youth, a defense psychologist testified.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1611 on: June 19, 2012, 02:46:46 PM »

https://twitter.com/scnewsdesk

12m StateCollege.com StateCollege.com ‏@SCNewsDesk
Former neighbor said mother of Victim 1 gave him a bad job reference. She said he sold story to reporters about her wanting ‪#Sandusky‬ money.
from Bellefonte, PA

Frmr. neighbor said mother of Victim 1 asked how to find out if someone is a registered sex offender, her son had been abused by ‪#Sandusky‬
from Bellefonte, PA

The former neighbor of Victim 1 & mother testified mother once said about ‪#Sandusky‬: "I'll own his house." said he thinks she's a bad mother
from Bellefonte, PA

Amendola puts mother of Victim 1 on the stand to ask her if she's trying to make money off of the ‪#Sandusky‬ trial. She said no.
from Bellefonte, PA

13m StateCollege.com StateCollege.com ‏@SCNewsDesk
Dr. Atkins, who diagnosed ‪#Sandusky‬ with histrionic personality disorder, is still on the stand. Court resumes in 20 minutes.
from Bellefonte, PA

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1612 on: June 19, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »

Report: Sandusky to testify in sex abuse trial
Posted: Jun 19, 2012 12:42 PM CDT Updated: Jun 19, 2012 1:32 PM CDT
By Matt Quillen -

Former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky plans to testify on his behalf, according to his attorney. (Source: CNN) Former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky plans to testify on his behalf, according to his attorney. (Source: CNN)

(RNN) – The legal defense team for Jerry Sandusky said the former Penn State football coach plans to take the stand in his own defense, according to CBS News.

Defense attorney Joe Amendola said to "stay tuned" when asked Tuesday about the possibility of his client testifying. CBS reported Sandusky would be the final witness for the defense.

Also, Sandusky's wife, Dottie Sandusky, is expected to testify sometime Tuesday. During the first half of the day, Amendola questioned investigators, asking them what details they shared among the alleged victims during  ::snipping2::

http://www.wfsb.com/story/18826256/report-sandusky-to-testify

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1613 on: June 19, 2012, 02:51:44 PM »

Sorry for the question- been busy lately- is the trial on tv?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1614 on: June 19, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_psycholog.html
Jerry Sandusky trial: Psychologist testifies he diagnosed Sandusky with Histrionic Personality Disorder
By SARA GANIM, The Patriot-News
Published: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 2:37 PM     Updated: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 2:37 PM

BELLEFONTE -- A psychologist took the stand Tuesday afternoon and said he diagnosed Jerry Sandusky with having Histrionic Personality Disorder.
Atkins referenced the report of another psychologist who evaluated Sandusky and found he does not have this disorder, but the court is in recess until 2:45 p.m., when prosecutors will start cross-examination of Atkins

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1615 on: June 19, 2012, 02:55:28 PM »

9m Anne Danahy Anne Danahy ‏@AnneDanahy
In one letter, ‪#Sandusky‬ compares himself to Forest Gump
Retweeted by Centre Daily Times

10m Mike Dawson Mike Dawson ‏@MikeDawsonCDT
Defense's psychologist will be cross examined this afternoon. ‪#Sandusky‬
Retweeted by Centre Daily Times

Alleged victim's neighbor says family talked of windfall from Jerry ‪#Sandusky‬ case   http://www.centredaily.com/2012/06/19/323
 http://www.centredaily.com/2012/06/19/3234738/alleged-victims-neighbor-says.html

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1616 on: June 19, 2012, 03:17:19 PM »

Why did NBC not air the most damning part of Jerry Sandusky-Bob Costas interview?
June 19 '12

::snipping2::  Instead, they sat on it.

An NBC news executive emailed me the explanation as, “There were a lot of compelling comments in the original interview, but we did not have time to include them all.’’

What’s truly sad in all of this is NBC’s ignorance is just a small sidebar in a story and trial that continues to tear at the heart of every parent out there.

The prosecution rested its case this week by calling the mother of Victim 9 to the stand, after the now-18-year-old had already detailed that Sandusky had made him bleed by anally raping him. The mother told the jury that she always wondered why her son’s underwear were always missing from the laundry.

The defense then waltzed out its first two witnesses, former Penn State assistant coaches Dick Anderson and Booker Brooks. Their testimony? They, too, had showered with young boys while at Penn State, as if it was regular behavior.

Which leaves me asking two questions: What in the hell was going on with the Penn State football program? Secondly, why shouldn’t it be shut down for the 2012 season, pending a broader investigation into Paterno’s regime and every coach underneath him?

I would like to hear explanations for both.

Who knows, maybe NBC has the answers. Not that they would share them anyway.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/cowley/13272524-452/why-did-nbc-not-air-the-most-damning-part-of-jerry-sandusky-bob-costas-interview.html
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1617 on: June 19, 2012, 03:29:44 PM »

https://twitter.com/sganim

8m Sara Ganim Sara Ganim ‏@sganim
Psychologist: Histrionic personality disorder explains ‪#Sandusky‬ 'creepy' letters to boys, passages in 'Touched' book http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_psycholog.html

10m Sara Ganim Sara Ganim ‏@sganim
Video recap on morning testimony and my subpoena ‪#Sandusky‬   http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index

13m Sara Ganim Sara Ganim ‏@sganim
Former neighbor says alleged Victim 1's family is after money from ‪#Sandusky‬   http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index
 http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_ex-neighb.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1618 on: June 19, 2012, 03:32:20 PM »

30s PennLive.com PennLive.com ‏@pennlive
Former ‪#PSU‬ national wrestling champion says he got a poem and a gift from ‪#Sandusky‬, but not abuse   http://bit.ly/N5ioOH

10m PennLive.com PennLive.com ‏@pennlive
Ex-neighbor of alleged ‪#Sandusky‬ victim says family is after ex-coach for money   http://bit.ly/LiVZRg

34m Heather Long Heather Long ‏@byHeatherLong
Pennsylvania is one of only 2 states (other is Washington) that doesn't require education until age 8. ‪#crazy‬ ‪#papolitics‬
Retweeted by PennLive.com

20m PennLive.com PennLive.com ‏@pennlive
#PA‬ Senate Judiciary Committee includes Gov Corbett's former chief of staff William Ward in its 5 recommendations http://bit.ly/KK6uig

30m PennLive.com PennLive.com ‏@pennlive
Psychologist tells jury ‪#Sandusky‬'s personality disorder could explain the "creepy" letters to alleged Victim 4 http://bit.ly/LiUvpV

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1619 on: June 19, 2012, 03:34:35 PM »

https://twitter.com/triblive

9s TribLIVE.com TribLIVE.com ‏@TribLIVE
Dottie ‪#Sandusky‬ on she and Jerry trying unsuccessfully to conceive: "We had been trying for awhile and nothing happened."

57s TribLIVE.com TribLIVE.com ‏@TribLIVE
Dottie ‪#Sandusky‬ on the stand now. Her voice is shaky. She is talking about how her and Jerry met.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.