March 19, 2024, 12:27:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1001318 times)
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1780 on: June 21, 2012, 03:45:50 PM »

Sandusky accuser details years of abuse: "He'd say he was trying to wrestle with me" -EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW 10pm/9c
June 21 '12

A 30-year-old Ohio man is the first accuser of former Penn State football Coach Jerry Sandusky to speak publicly about the sexual abuse he says he endured.

Travis Weaver, in an exclusive interview to be broadcast Thursday, June 21 at 10pm/9c on NBC's Rock Center, said Sandusky performed oral sex on him in the upstairs bedroom of the Sandusky home, right across the hall from Sandusky’s wife, Dottie.

Weaver said Dottie Sandusky never witnessed firsthand any of the abuse but he suspects she had an idea of what was going on.

“How could you not know?” asked Weaver in the interview.

The trial has grabbed headlines for the past two weeks. Though graphic details from the testimonies of eight of his accusers have been reported, none of the alleged victims of Sandusky has spoken publicly until now.

Weaver has testified in front of a grand jury but was not called as a witness in the current trial. He said he is prepared to testify in the future if needed. He has spoken to both state and federal authorities.

Sandusky is facing 48 charges relating to child sex abuse. He has maintained his innocence. Attorneys gave their closing arguments June 21. At the time of this publishing, no verdict had yet been reached.

Weaver said he had never told anyone of the abuse and had buried the memories deep down. He says he thought he was the only victim until he saw reports that Sandusky had been arrested on charges of molesting other boys last fall.

“I was shocked.  I couldn't believe he just kept doing it to all these other kids,” Weaver said.

Weaver said he feels guilty about the young men who said they were abused after him.

“I wish I would have said something to him.  I think if I had said something to him a lot of this stuff wouldn't 'a happened to all these other kids,” he said.

His attorney, Jeff Anderson, has represented dozens of victims of sexual abuse, many of whom were abused by Catholic priests.

“Speaking out is part of the process.  Travis is helping other children by telling his story. He is helping to protect other kids,” said Anderson.

Weaver said he met Sandusky in 1992 at the Penn State outdoor swimming pool when he was ten years old.  He was there with his younger brother as part of a Second Mile summer camp.

“It was like meeting my hero,” he said.

The sexual abuse began to occur gradually, he said, and started in the Penn State locker room.

“After the shower was over…he'd dry me off with a towel.  He'd say he was trying to wrestle with me....and then it progressed into oral sex,” he said.

Weaver said Sandusky abused him more than 100 times in the Penn State locker room, at the Sandusky home, and even in a hotel in Pasadena, California where Weaver and the Sandusky family stayed while on a trip to the Rose Bowl.

“We went to a professional football game, and [Sandusky and I] left early and went back to the hotel.  And he performed oral sex on me in the hotel,” Weaver said.

Dottie Sandusky testified in court that her husband is innocent. She said she never witnessed inappropriate contact between her husband and young boys.

Weaver said that when he was 14, he moved away from the State College area to get away from Sandusky.

Weaver has filed a civil suit against Sandusky, Penn State and the Second Mile, alleging that the institutions could have done more to stop the abuse.

Sandusky’s attorneys could not be reached for immediate comment on this story.

A spokesman for Penn State declined to comment on this story.  In November, 2011, the university’s Board of Trustees released a statement saying they were outraged by the horrifying details contained in the Grand Jury report, which included the testimonies of eight accusers, aged 18 to 28.

“We cannot begin to express the combination of sorrow and anger that we feel about the allegations surrounding Jerry Sandusky. We hear those of you who feel betrayed and we want to assure all of you that the Board will take swift, decisive action,” the Board of Trustees said.

The Second Mile charity declared bankruptcy after losing significant funding in the wake of the Sandusky scandal. Second Mile Acting CEO David Woodle said his organization is continuing to cooperate fully with the Attorney General's investigation and will adhere to its legal responsibilities throughout this process.  ::snipping2::

http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/21/12341765-sandusky-accuser-details-years-of-abuse-hed-say-he-was-trying-to-wrestle-with-me-exclusive-interview-10pm9c?lite
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1781 on: June 21, 2012, 04:00:25 PM »

Sandusky accuser details years of abuse: "He'd say he was trying to wrestle with me" -EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW 10pm/9c
June 21 '12

A 30-year-old Ohio man is the first accuser of former Penn State football Coach Jerry Sandusky to speak publicly about the sexual abuse he says he endured.

Travis Weaver, in an exclusive interview to be broadcast Thursday, June 21 at 10pm/9c on NBC's Rock Center, said Sandusky performed oral sex on him in the upstairs bedroom of the Sandusky home, right across the hall from Sandusky’s wife, Dottie.

Weaver said Dottie Sandusky never witnessed firsthand any of the abuse but he suspects she had an idea of what was going on.

The trial has grabbed headlines for the past two weeks. Though graphic details from the testimonies of eight of his accusers have been reported, none of the alleged victims of Sandusky has spoken publicly until now.

Weaver has testified in front of a grand jury but was not called as a witness in the current trial. He said he is prepared to testify in the future if needed. He has spoken to both state and federal authorities.

Sandusky is facing 48 charges relating to child sex abuse. He has maintained his innocence. Attorneys gave their closing arguments June 21. At the time of this publishing, no verdict had yet been reached.

Weaver said he had never told anyone of the abuse and had buried the memories deep down. He says he thought he was the only victim until he saw reports that Sandusky had been arrested on charges of molesting other boys last fall.

“I was shocked.  I couldn't believe he just kept doing it to all these other kids,” Weaver said.

Weaver said he feels guilty about the young men who said they were abused after him.

“I wish I would have said something to him.  I think if I had said something to him a lot of this stuff wouldn't 'a happened to all these other kids,” he said.

His attorney, Jeff Anderson, has represented dozens of victims of sexual abuse, many of whom were abused by Catholic priests.

“Speaking out is part of the process.  Travis is helping other children by telling his story. He is helping to protect other kids,” said Anderson.

Weaver said he met Sandusky in 1992 at the Penn State outdoor swimming pool when he was ten years old.  He was there with his younger brother as part of a Second Mile summer camp.

The sexual abuse began to occur gradually, he said, and started in the Penn State locker room.

“After the shower was over…he'd dry me off with a towel.  He'd say he was trying to wrestle with me....and then it progressed into oral sex,” he said.

Weaver said Sandusky abused him more than 100 times in the Penn State locker room, at the Sandusky home, and even in a hotel in Pasadena, California where Weaver and the Sandusky family stayed while on a trip to the Rose Bowl.

“We went to a professional football game, and [Sandusky and I] left early and went back to the hotel.  And he performed oral sex on me in the hotel,” Weaver said.

Dottie Sandusky testified in court that her husband is innocent. She said she never witnessed inappropriate contact between her husband and young boys.

Weaver said that when he was 14, he moved away from the State College area to get away from Sandusky.

Weaver has filed a civil suit against Sandusky, Penn State and the Second Mile, alleging that the institutions could have done more to stop the abuse.

A spokesman for Penn State declined to comment on this story.  In November, 2011, the university’s Board of Trustees released a statement saying they were outraged by the horrifying details contained in the Grand Jury report, which included the testimonies of eight accusers, aged 18 to 28.

“We cannot begin to express the combination of sorrow and anger that we feel about the allegations surrounding Jerry Sandusky. We hear those of you who feel betrayed and we want to assure all of you that the Board will take swift, decisive action,” the Board of Trustees said.

The Second Mile charity declared bankruptcy after losing significant funding in the wake of the Sandusky scandal. Second Mile Acting CEO David Woodle said his organization is continuing to cooperate fully with the Attorney General's investigation and will adhere to its legal responsibilities throughout this process.  ::snipping2::

http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/21/12341765-sandusky-accuser-details-years-of-abuse-hed-say-he-was-trying-to-wrestle-with-me-exclusive-interview-10pm9c?lite

Thanks Toler.

Why was Travis Weaver not a prosecution witness?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1782 on: June 21, 2012, 04:03:59 PM »

https://twitter.com/centredailycom
3m Nabil K. Mark Nabil K. Mark ‏@NabilKMark
Jerry ‪#Sandusky‬ leaves the courthouse  pic.twitter.com/87uxrFjo
Retweeted by Centre Daily Times
View Photo

3m Nabil K. Mark Nabil K. Mark ‏@NabilKMark
Jerry ‪#Sandusky‬ leaves the courthouse   pic.twitter.com/2oc4nqE6
View photo

4m Nabil K. Mark Nabil K. Mark ‏@NabilKMark
Jerry ‪#Sandusky‬, left, leaves the courthouse with Centre County Sheriff Denny Nau pic.twitter.com/Fw5Pm92R

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1783 on: June 21, 2012, 04:08:35 PM »

Did Joseph McGettigan provided the defense with a smoking gun in regards to the psycho-sexual disorder?  His closing statement revealed to the jury the guilt of Jerry Sandusky  beyond a doubt but ... on the other hand ...

Why was Jerry Sandusky smiling throughout Joseph McGettigan closing arguments?  What does he know?

This entire article is a must read.  It is downright scary.  I do not know what to think.

Janet

+++++ 

Jerry Sandusky trial: Prosecutor tells jurors to 'find him guilty of everything'
Published: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 1:13 PM

BELLEFONTE -- Jerry Sandusky began to smile in court as prosecutor Joseph McGettigan described for jurors ....

He smiled ....

He smiled ....

He laughed ....

He smiled ....

He smiled ....

He smiled ...

He smiled again ....

And finally, right before court adjourned, Sandusky smiled ....

Sandusky smiled slightly as McGettigan explained to jurors what psycho-sexual disorder is and how people with it think.

They believe children love them, that what they do doesn’t hurt children, that they have a special relationship with children and that’s why others can’t know what they do with children “in basements and showers, saunas,” he said.

“He thinks these are relationships,” McGettigan said. “At the expense of the child.”

<snipped>

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_prosecuto_2.html

That is the article I referenced above by Sara Gamin..sh is the young woman who broke this story and followed it through.

Jerry smiling is just what it is..Jerry being as inappropriate now as he has always been.  He didn't know how to appropriately phrase his comments to Costa anymore then he knows to remain stoic in the face of his demise.  His smiling was his last resort into trying to befriend the jury and appear harmless..trying to groom them now too I suppose.  I am quite sure that didn't work and appeared as out of place to each of them as it would to any normal person. 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1784 on: June 21, 2012, 04:15:21 PM »

June 21 '12

Thanks Toler.

Why was Travis Weaver not a prosecution witness?

Janet

Janet..hi!

We hopefully will find out the answer to that question when his full interview appears.  But in the meantime the only thing I can think of is that sex abuse laws in PA  changed at some point in the 90's.  Due to this man's  current age,30, it could be that the sex abuse charges and the laws that they are currently citing  and charging Jerry with breaking were not on the books at that time so therefore only vics after a certain date could be used in the current case..due to the change in the laws.  Sort of what happened to one of the vics previously..the laws they are using weren't on the books at the time the sex abuse took place.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1785 on: June 21, 2012, 04:19:03 PM »

Janet..hi!

We hopefully will find out the answer to that question when his full interview appears.  But in the meantime the only thing I can think of is that sex abuse laws in PA  changed at some point in the 90's.  Due to this man's  current age,30, it could be that the sex abuse charges and the laws that they are currently citing  and charging Jerry with breaking were not on the books at that time so therefore only vics after a certain date could be used in the current case..due to the change in the laws.  Sort of what happened to one of the vics previously..the laws they are using weren't on the books at the time the sex abuse took place.

Thanks Gypsy.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1786 on: June 21, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »

praying for a GUILTY verdict.  didn't realize Sara Ganim was a fellow psu alumni.  Thank you for sharing all these articles.  I think we will have a verdict by later tonight
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1787 on: June 21, 2012, 04:50:47 PM »

That is the article I referenced above by Sara Gamin..sh is the young woman who broke this story and followed it through.

Jerry smiling is just what it is..Jerry being as inappropriate now as he has always been.  He didn't know how to appropriately phrase his comments to Costa anymore then he knows to remain stoic in the face of his demise.  His smiling was his last resort into trying to befriend the jury and appear harmless..trying to groom them now too I suppose.  I am quite sure that didn't work and appeared as out of place to each of them as it would to any normal person. 

You could be right Gypsy.  Jerry Sandusky reminds me of Drew Peterson and the camera incident with reporters.  Jerry Sandusky reminds me of Joran van der Sloot's smirks during the Stephany Flores trial.  It is as though they all believe they are so entitled ... so above legal accountability for their despicable actions against humanity.

I hope that justice prevails for Jerry Sandusky's victims ... victims who will carry the weight of his betrayal of their innocence for a lifetime.

Janet

+++++

PIERS MORGAN TONIGHT
Sandusky on Trial; Michael Reagan Recounts Own Abuse
Aired June 14, 2012 - 21:00   ET

PIERS MORGAN, CNN HOST: Tonight, shocking stories from victim after victim, all saying Jerry Sandusky sexually abused them. The latest on the case that's ripping Penn State apart. Also a man who says listening to the testimony in this case brings back bitter memories of his own childhood abuse. Michael Reagan tells his story.

<snipped>

MICHAEL REAGAN, WAS SEXUALLY ABUSED AS A CHILD: Let me tell you, Piers, I don't think there's a child out there who hasn't been sexually abused and isn't right now reliving what these young men are, in fact, testifying, too, and how they're having to relive it as I talk to you tonight.

I just have a knot in my stomach because these stories are so familiar to those of us who in fact have lived these stories with these predators that are out there. And you and I have talked about this before, you know, off-air, the fact that, you know, for a year of my life when I was 8 years old I was sexually abused by a day camp counselor. But this is a man that ultimately took me up to the Santa Monica Mountains, had me take my clothes off, took photographs of me, and had me develop the photographs and said, wouldn't your mother like to have a copy?

My life ended that day. Absolutely ended.  I didn't tell my wife, my mother, my father, my sister, until 1987 when I wrote my first book. And you never forget these things. This is something you just learned to put in a compartment of your life. But it comes out every once in a while. Because it takes everything away from you when an adult does this to you as a child.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/14/pmt.01.html

_____

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1788 on: June 21, 2012, 05:08:32 PM »

Matt Sandusky's lawyer is now letting us know why Matt was willing to testify..he was abused himself by the hideous sex monster Sandusky.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/attorney_for_jerry_sanduskys_a.html

Jerry Sandusky case: Sandusky's adopted son, Matt, says he is a victim and would have testified, lawyer says
Published: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 4:26 PM     Updated: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 4:47 PM
 By SARA GANIM, The Patriot-News The Patriot-News
Follow

snip

BELLEFONTE -- Matt Sandusky, through his attorney Andrew Shubin, said that he met with prosecutors this week to say for the first time that he is a molestation victim of Jerry Sandusky, his adopted father. Matt, 33, was adopted by Jerry and Dottie Sandusky as an adult, after going to live with the family as a foster child.

Enlarge SEAN SIMMERS, The PATRIOT-NEWS Jerry Sandusky leaves the Centre County Courthouse after closing arguments on day 8 of his trial on child molestation charges. Sandusky has been charged with 51 counts of child sex abuse allegedly involving 10 boys over 15 years. 06/21/2012 SEAN SIMMERS, THE PATRIOT-NEWS

Jerry Sandusky Trial: Day 8 gallery (13 photos)

He has denied ever being abused by his adopted father until now. “This has been an extremely painful experience for Matt and he has asked us to convey his request that the media respect his privacy. There will be no further comment,” Shubin said in a statement.

snip

more at the link above

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1789 on: June 21, 2012, 05:14:31 PM »

Sorry about that blurb in the middle of the post..I deleted it in this one.

Matt Sandusky's lawyer is now letting us know why Matt was willing to testify..he was abused himself by the hideous sex monster Sandusky.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/attorney_for_jerry_sanduskys_a.html

Jerry Sandusky case: Sandusky's adopted son, Matt, says he is a victim and would have testified, lawyer says
Published: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 4:26 PM     Updated: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 4:47 PM
 By SARA GANIM, The Patriot-News The Patriot-News
Follow

snip

BELLEFONTE -- Matt Sandusky, through his attorney Andrew Shubin, said that he met with prosecutors this week to say for the first time that he is a molestation victim of Jerry Sandusky, his adopted father. Matt, 33, was adopted by Jerry and Dottie Sandusky as an adult, after going to live with the family as a foster child.

He has denied ever being abused by his adopted father until now. “This has been an extremely painful experience for Matt and he has asked us to convey his request that the media respect his privacy. There will be no further comment,” Shubin said in a statement.

snip

more at the link above

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1790 on: June 21, 2012, 05:21:10 PM »

I thought that Matt was vocal about supporting his father.  Especially when his estranged wife made her claims.   

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1791 on: June 21, 2012, 05:23:25 PM »

Thanks Gypsy.

Again ... why was Matt Sandusky not called as a witness for the prosecution?

Janet

++++

The big question on the Today Show ... "Why did Matt not testify as a prosecution witness?"  If NBC "sources" are reliable ... the testimony of the Sandusky's adopted son  would have gone a long way towards validating the testimonies of the victims.  It could have been a "Perry Mason" moment for the prosecution.

Janet

+++++

Sandusky's Adopted Son Almost Testified Against Dad: NBC News

Sources tell NBC News that Sandusky's son was in the courthouse Wednesday ready to rebut his father's testimony if Jerry Sandusky had testified

By Dan Stamm |  Thursday, Jun 21, 2012  |  Updated 9:56 AM EDT

The threat of the adopted son of Jerry Sandusky possibly delivering potentially damaging testimony possibly prevented his father from taking the stand in his own defense against charges of child-sex abuse, sources tell NBC News.

In a report on the Today Show Thursday morning, Michael Isikoff reported that Matt Sandusky, one of six of Jerry and Dottie Sandusky’s adopted children, was caught by an NBC camera entering the Centre County courthouse Wednesday as rumors swirled that Jerry Sandusky was going to take the stand to explain the so-called love letters and the Bob Costas' interview on Rock Center With Brian Williams.

<snipped>

But, according to NBC News sources, Matt Sandusky contacted prosecutors after the trial began and told them he would provide testimony about some of the events he allegedly witnessed his 68-year-old father commit.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Sandsuky-Son-Testify-NBC-Source-159859365.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1792 on: June 21, 2012, 05:33:01 PM »

I thought that Matt was vocal about supporting his father.  Especially when his estranged wife made her claims.   

Could it be that that Matt acquired God-given strength to finally speak out on behalf of the victims after hearing their testimonies.

Victims of sexual abuse by a family member or knowledge of sexual wrongdoing are often brainwashed to believe that coming forward with the truth implies he/she would be responsible for the break-up of the family.

I suspect that Dottie and all six adopted grown kids who resided in that home are aware of the dirty secrets encompassing Jerry.

Janet

+++++

Sources tell NBC News that Sandusky's son was in the courthouse Wednesday ready to rebut his father's testimony if Jerry Sandusky had testified

<snipped>

But, according to NBC News sources, Matt Sandusky contacted prosecutors after the trial began and told them he would provide testimony about some of the events he allegedly witnessed his 68-year-old father commit.

<snipped>

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Sandsuky-Son-Testify-NBC-Source-159859365.html

_____

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1793 on: June 21, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »

IDK Janet..maybe after we get a verdict the prosecuting attorneys will hold a press conference and address some of these issues.

Thanks Gypsy.

Again ... why was Matt Sandusky not called as a witness for the prosecution?

Janet

++++

The big question on the Today Show ... "Why did Matt not testify as a prosecution witness?"  If NBC "sources" are reliable ... the testimony of the Sandusky's adopted son  would have gone a long way towards validating the testimonies of the victims.  It could have been a "Perry Mason" moment for the prosecution.

Janet

+++++

The threat of the adopted son of Jerry Sandusky possibly delivering potentially damaging testimony possibly prevented his father from taking the stand in his own defense against charges of child-sex abuse, sources tell NBC News.

In a report on the Today Show Thursday morning, Michael Isikoff reported that Matt Sandusky, one of six of Jerry and Dottie Sandusky’s adopted children, was caught by an NBC camera entering the Centre County courthouse Wednesday as rumors swirled that Jerry Sandusky was going to take the stand to explain the so-called love letters and the Bob Costas' interview on Rock Center With Brian Williams.

<snipped>

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1794 on: June 21, 2012, 05:37:50 PM »

Analysis: Sandusky's attorney makes strong comeback in closing argument
June 21 '12

BELLEFONTE, Pa. — If you hadn't seen the evidence and were to be plopped in the jury box of the Sandusky trial for only the closing arguments, you would have to return a verdict for the defense.

Wes Oliver is a professor at Widener University who teaches criminal law and procedure. This fall he will join the faculty of the Duquesne University School of Law as a professor and director of the school's criminal justice program.

In Pennsylvania, the defense goes first. Even though the defense managed to score only modest points during the course of the trial, you couldn't tell it from the closing argument. Joe Amendola told a story about how one of the accusers prompted a perfect storm of investigators coaching alleged victims who were motivated by civil suits.

The first alleged victim, Amendola told the jury, reported to his teacher that Sandusky fondled him outside his clothes. This young man, however, admitted that he wanted to get out of going with Sandusky to spend time with his friends.

When the matter was reported to Children and Youth Services, investigators told the alleged victim that they thought more had happened than the young man was willing to report. Amendola told the jury that once investigators got a more incriminating story from this alleged victim, they began looking for other young men. Investigators then told the other young men that there were other victims out there who had reported an escalating pattern of touching culminating in oral sex, his argument continued.

It didn't hurt Amendola's argument that state troopers denied during the trial that they coached the alleged victims, only to have this revealed to be a falsehood in documents and recordings turned over to the defense during discovery.  ::snipping2:: 

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/21/12342887-analysis-sanduskys-attorney-makes-strong-comeback-in-closing-argument?lite
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1795 on: June 21, 2012, 05:48:37 PM »

Outward appearances of support among family member can be deceiving.  It would interesting to have been a fly on the wall listening to conversations in the Sanduskey home over the years regarding suspicions/accusations.

I can recall years ago when a couple from our church shared that when our family walked into church each Sunday ... we presented the appearance of a perfect family.  They had no idea that until the moment four instead of five stepped out of our vehicle in the church parking lot only moments prior ... my husband and I had been bickering ... we had been  playing the blame game with each other as to why our 17 year old rebellious son had refused to get out of bed and join the family in our weekly tradition.

Janet

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1796 on: June 21, 2012, 06:10:20 PM »

https://twitter.com/vinniepolitan
24s Vinnie Politan Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
Attorneys in chambers at ‪#Sandusky‬ trial... Stand by...

30s Vinnie Politan Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
Matt ‪#Sandusky‬ adopted son of the accused serial child molester... Now says HE WAS MOLESTED... He was prepared to testify for prosecutors...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1797 on: June 21, 2012, 06:11:25 PM »

https://twitter.com/vinniepolitan
15m Vinnie Politan Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
Dinner break from 6-7 at ‪#Sandusky‬ trial...

33m Vinnie Politan Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
Lawyers have left chambers at ‪#Sandusky‬ trial... No further info at this time

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1798 on: June 21, 2012, 06:14:47 PM »

https://twitter.com/sganim
10m Sara Ganim Sara Ganim ‏@sganim
#Sandusky‬ attny Rominger response to adopted son's allegations of abuse: "His lawyers know we're gagged and can't respond."

34m Sara Ganim Sara Ganim ‏@sganim
Annnddd the bosses arrive. @mdfeeley working outside ‪#SanduskyTrial pic.twitter.com/xbhoHQsR

2m Sara Ganim Sara Ganim ‏@sganim
Matt ‪#Sandusky‬'s attorney just told me that Matt, is a victim of his adoptive father. http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index
By SARA GANIM, The Patriot-News
Published: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 4:26 PM     Updated: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 5:27 PM

JERRY SANDUSKY TRIAL DAY 8
Enlarge SEAN SIMMERS, The PATRIOT-NEWS Jerry Sandusky leaves the Centre County Courthouse after closing arguments on day 8 of his trial on child molestation charges. Sandusky has been charged with 51 counts of child sex abuse allegedly involving 10 boys over 15 years.

Shubin also said Matt was prepared to testify truthfully at trial, if called by prosecutors. It is unclear why he did not testify
 ::snipping2::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1799 on: June 21, 2012, 06:15:42 PM »

https://twitter.com/jimhamill
14m Jim Hamill Jim Hamill ‏@JimHamill
RT @JonMeyerWNEP: Jerry Sandusky's son Matt has come forward through his attorneys to say he was abused by his father.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.