March 18, 2024, 10:33:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1001279 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: November 12, 2011, 10:01:57 PM »

This has me so upset-for starters...to think of grown men witnessing a man and a child engaged in a*** i*********  and they did not intervene right there on the spot is beyond my comprehension. 

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2011, 10:04:18 PM »

The men who swept it under the rug, it makes me suspicious of them too, sorry but it does. How can you overlook and call yourself a man? Shame shame

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2011, 09:42:50 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/sandusky-scandal-fate-mile-charity/story?id=14932563
Penn State Scandal: The Second Mile Tries to Separate From Founder
November 11, 2011

::snipping2::
Sandusky, who retired from The Second Mile in September 2010, was the charity's primary fundraiser, according to the grand jury's report, which causes a problem for The Second Mile as it not only deals with an investigation by Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett, but also the possible exodus of its donors.

"You pin a lot to that person, and when they fall especially with a small organization, it can be really damaging," Palmer said.

With revenue of $2.9 million in 2010, according to its annual report, and a staff of about 20, The Second Mile had three offices in Pennsylvania.

Sandusky helped establish the charity in 1977 with proceeds from his book, Developing Linebackers the Penn State Way, according to Sports Illustrated. The organization began as a foster group home and expanded into programs for troubled youth.

The Second Mile's president and CEO, Jack Raykovitz, is an alum, as are many of its donors. But Palmer said the organization will have to separate itself from its associations with Penn State though that may be difficult given its ties to the university.

The organization must also assure donors that it is doing everything possible to make sure its children are protected in the future.

The fact that the allegations involve children the organization intended to serve makes the accusations especially troubling. In a statement on Sunday the organization said, "the newly released details and the breadth of the allegations from the Attorney General's office bring shock, sadness and concern from The Second Mile organization. Our prayers, care and compassion go out to all impacted."

"To our knowledge, all the alleged incidents occurred outside of our programs and events," the organization said on its website.
Second Mile CEO Raykovitz testified to the grand jury that he was informed in 2002 by Pennsylvania State University Athletic Director Tim Curley that an individual had reported to Curley that he was uncomfortable about seeing Jerry Sandusky in the locker room shower with a youth.

"Curley also shared that the information had been internally reviewed and that there was no finding of wrongdoing. At no time was The Second Mile made aware of the very serious allegations contained in the Grand Jury report," the charity said.

Sandusky adopted six children with his wife, three as infants and the other three children through foster care.

Sandusky was a highly-respected figure in the community, which makes the allegations against him, and implications that The Second Mile may have known about at least one reported incident of abuse by Sandusky, especially difficult for the charity.

Second Mile's funds are much more limited than that of large national organizations like the Boy Scouts.

According to its 2010 annual report, the largest category of The Second Mile's revenues, 27 percent, came from events: $725,525 after expenses. Corporations gave $633,880, individuals gave $438,308 and foundations provided $361,783.

"Anyone who has made a significant gift would be concerned where there money went," Palmer said, and "corporations would be concerned about their Tmage."

Penn State athletics' corporate sponsors are also watching how events unfold at the university. Cars.com has announced it is canceling its sponsorship of Penn State football broadcasts for the next two Saturdays and redistributed its ads during those games.

"Due to the recent allegations surrounding the Penn State Football program, Cars.com notified ESPN on Tuesday morning of its plans to withdraw from this weekend's sponsorship of the Nebraska at Penn State game, as well as next weekend's game between Penn State and Ohio State," the company said in a statement. "As a proud, longtime supporter of ESPN College Football, it's important to us that we're building our brand in a way that celebrates the sport, its fans and the dedication of its student athletes."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2011, 12:13:23 PM »

Penn State sex abuse allegations should be investigated by federal government

A federal investigation is the only way to find out the whole truth

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Sunday, November 13 2011, 12:11 AM

It got more than somewhat lost the other day, in the aftermath of Joe Paterno and the Penn State president being fired, the school’s version of a Midnight Massacre out of another coverup called Watergate. But a very smart New York defense and civil rights lawyer named Tom Harvey was in the Daily News talking about how he believed the federal government would eventually need to sort things out at Penn State.

Not a special committee of Penn State people investigating Penn State, not the office of the attorney general in Pennsylvania, not even a governor of Pennsylvania who actually was the state’s attorney general at the start of the Penn State investigation.

The feds, Harvey said on the lead page of our sports section on Thursday.

Of course there was so much shouting at Penn State and about Penn State at the time that nobody paid much attention to the ominous common sense that Harvey brought to the subject, putting his own words to the outrage that everyone feels about the way this story of sexual abuse and the outrageous abuse of power played out over more than a decade.

Harvey was out there first with getting the feds involved in this case, and still talking about it with me Saturday. And you better pay attention, the way they better pay attention at Penn State, where the trouble doesn’t go away because they went back to playing football again Saturday, and where things will never be the same.

“JoePa’s situation could get a lot worse if the federal government launches an investigation,” Harvey said. “As far as the State of Pennsylvania’s prosecution, it appears it will be limited to going after Jerry Sandusky for molesting his young victims and the failure of the two administrators for failing to report the incident in 2002.

“Maybe people recall the movie ‘Mississippi Burning’ where local officials were involved in the murder and cover-up of three civil rights workers in the 1960s. Only after the FBI and federal prosecutors took over the investigation would the close-knit community reveal its horrible secrets. Similarly in Happy Valley, Pa. the code of silence that seems to have enveloped the university and the football community there could be broken. And potential conspirators thrown in jail.”

Oh sure, they returned to football Saturday at Penn State. They can never return to the false Happy Valley picture of the place as being different and special from the rest of college football, as hard as they will try. The more horrific details you hear about this case and the way it was handled across nearly two decades, the more you see how football really does become a religion, or a cult, at these big schools, see how powerful the institution of football is, even when under assaults.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/penn-state-sex-abuse-allegations-investigated-federal-government-article-1.976806#ixzz1dbeRLyy9
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: November 13, 2011, 12:42:50 PM »

I don't trust the board of trustees as far as I can throw them.

Harvey talked then about the Penn State Board of Trustees announcing its investigative committee, and how they better be careful with that, because any attempt to write its own report might be considered obstruction of justice.

“A real Board, wanting a real investigation,” Harvey said, “would hire somebody like Louis Freeh, the former director of the FBI, with the mandate that he just get the facts. But then, those facts may be very hard to accept.”

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: November 13, 2011, 12:55:32 PM »

Good article, San.  I agree with Tom Harvey: the Feds need to investigate. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: November 13, 2011, 01:01:01 PM »

Harvey talked then about the Penn State Board of Trustees announcing its investigative committee, and how they better be careful with that, because any attempt to write its own report might be considered obstruction of justice.

“A real Board, wanting a real investigation,” Harvey said, “would hire somebody like Louis Freeh, the former director of the FBI, with the mandate that he just get the facts. But then, those facts may be very hard to accept.”

I wouldn't trust the board of trustees, nor anyone that has an interest in Penn State.  The feds need to investigate.   Sometimes I wonder if the board of trustees went ahead and fired Joe Paterno thinking it would appease and slow the uproar.   Sort of an early sacrifice if you will.  However, Joe Paterno will probably be investigated more thoroughly.  The bit of damage control that's been done  isn't going to cover all that's the underbelly of this tragedy.  So there were a couple of firings and a paid leave.  I don't think that's going to amount to much if this debacle gets proper investigation.  JMHO

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: November 13, 2011, 01:49:19 PM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/11/13/penn.state.abuse.corbett.ap/
Gov. says McQueary failed 'moral obligation' in Sandusky incident
November 13, 2011

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) -- The Penn State football coach who told a grand jury that he saw another coach molest a child failed to meet "a moral obligation" to intervene, Pennsylvania's governor said Sunday, adding that he expects more victims to come forward.

The coach who testified, Mike McQueary, had said he saw retired Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky sexually assaulting a boy in a shower at a campus football facility almost a decade ago. Sandusky is accused of assaulting eight boys over 15 years and has maintained his innocence. The university has put McQueary on leave from his job.

McQueary told the grand jury he was distraught by what he witnessed and walked away after both Sandusky and the boy saw him. He said he told his father what happened and then told head coach Joe Paterno, who reported it to his superiors. But those school officials, athletic director Tim Curley and school vice president Gary Schultz, face perjury charges, accused of covering up McQueary's 2002 report.

The charges were filed last weekend and the grand jury's report made public, and the resulting outrage made it clear that Paterno, who had coached for decades at Penn State, would share the blame. He was fired Wednesday. In his last game, a win over Illinois, he'd become the coach with the most wins in Division I history.

As for McQueary, the current attorney general had clearly decided that he was to be treated as a witness in the case, Gov. Tom Corbett said on NBC's Meet the Press.

McQueary met "the minimum obligation" of reporting what he saw to his superiors, who are required under Pennsylvania law to report such assaults to authorities. But McQueary "did not in my opinion meet a moral obligation that all of us would have," said the governor, who as attorney general initiated the investigation that led to the charges.

Corbett also said people have to keep in mind "that this is also somebody who is a witness to this crime and is a very important witness."

State lawmakers from both parties have proposed changes to toughen the law that governs the reporting of sex assaults, Corbett added. He said he would not be surprised to see it strengthened this year.

Corbett said he expects more allegations of abuse to materialize, a common occurrence in abuse cases.

Sandusky encountered all the boys through a charity he founded to help at-risk children, Second Mile, prosecutors have said. Leaders of the organization plan to meet soon to determine its future, Corbett said.

"If you talk to people who have worked with Second Mile, it has done great work," he said. "And if it should cease to exist, I am hopeful that other organizations will pick up the work that they did. We need to reach out to these children. We need to give them guidance."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: November 13, 2011, 01:53:57 PM »

It was bad enough when I read Mike McQueary witnessed Sandusky sexually abusing a young boy in the showers, but I had never read anywhere previously that Sandusky and the victim both saw him before he ran away from the scene.  I had assumed McQueary saw what was going on and left, without being seen.  If the statement in the above article is correct, it's even worse than I originally thought.     If Sandusky saw McQueary witness him having anal sex with a young boy in the showers at the university and saw McQueary leave the scene, that leaves open a whole lot of possibilities.  How much did McQueary gain over the years from the Penn State program or otherwise to be kept quiet?  McQueary may not have had to black mail Sandusky, but it would make sense that Sandusky would be sure to take care of the the witness.  Okay.  It's either that, or Sandusky thought he was such a powerful and influential personality that even if McQueary had called the police, no one would have believed him?  I am just stunned.  And I'm just appalled.  According to this article, McQueary saw both Sandusky and the victim and they both saw him.     And he ran.  And he told his Daddy.  The victim was violated not once, but twice that day, imo.    McQueary could have been a champion of a child being abused by stepping up and stopping Sandusky.  But he didn't.  McQueary's silence and failure to act fed the monster.  And the monster fed again and again and again.  It's no wonder McQueary answered that he had seen Sandusky and the victim in the shower when he went before the grand jury.  He HAD to because most likely the victim identified Mike McQueary when he was relating the incident to the police!  McQueary is no whistleblower.  He didn't come clean.  He got caught himself!  Lower than low! McQueary may NEVER have told about the incident unless he had been forced when it came to the grand jury.

Link to the article I'm referring to in my post:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/11/13/penn.state.abuse.corbett.ap/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: November 13, 2011, 02:17:38 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/13/justice/pennsylvania-coach-abuse/?hpt=hp_t1
Pennsylvania governor: Change law after Penn State scandal
November 13, 2011

(CNN) -- Pennsylvania needs to change its law in the wake of a scandal over alleged child sexual abuse by a then-member of Penn State's football coaching team, the governor said Sunday.

A new law is needed to make sure reports of alleged child sexual abuse are made to government authorities, Tom Corbett said.

"Should the law be changed? Absolutely," Corbett said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Corbett was the attorney general who began an investigation of former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.
In 2002, a graduate assistant allegedly saw Sandusky raping a boy in the showers of a campus athletics facility. The graduate student, Mike McQueary, informed Joe Paterno, the team's coach at the time, according to the grand jury report. Paterno then alerted his boss, the school's athletic director.

It was years before law enforcement first learned about the allegation.

Penn State Athletic Director Timothy Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz have been charged for failing to report the abuse to authorities and misleading investigators. Prosecutors determined that a legal duty to report the alleged abuse applied to them, but not to McQueary and Paterno.
Members of both political parties "have already introduced measures" to change the law, Corbett said when asked about Paterno. "And we have to make sure that the change in the law is one that is effective. It's easy enough to take a look to see what other states have done. But I'm sure that within the next few weeks, you will probably see bills become public.
The grand jury report says that Schultz and Curley were "senior staff" of the university. "Pennsylvania's mandatory reporting statute for suspected child abuse ... provides that when a staff member reports abuse ... the person in charge of the school or institution has the responsibility and legal obligation to report or cause such a report to be made by telephone and in writing within 48 hours" to the Department of Public Welfare, according to the report. "An oral report should have been made to the Centre County Children and Youth Services," it said.

The requirement did not apply to McQueary because he was "in a subservient position" as a graduate student, legal analyst Holly Hughes told CNN. He was not "in a position of power," she said.

When Paterno told his boss and no report was given to the authorities, "that is where they failed," she said. "That's where they fall down on the job."

There is also speculation that Pennsylvania's whistle-blower laws may apply to, and protect, McQueary.

Legal analyst and civil rights attorney Avery Friedman said the case highlights the need for "a re-examination of what is called the mandatory reporter law."

"The argument being advanced in Pennsylvania is that as long as you tell the boss, you're covered. And that's where -- I think if we zero in on the issue -- where the problem is. If victims are going to be protected, you have to go to law enforcement, and that didn't happen here," Friedman said.
Outside of the legal concerns, many question why McQueary did not stop what he allegedly saw happening in the showers in 2002.

"How does McQueary, a 28-year-old grad student, look in the showers of a facility and see a grown man raping a 10-year-old child and not instinctively grab a baseball bat and not protect this child? How does he live with himself?" asked Richard Hermann, legal analyst and criminal defense attorney.
GOP presidential hopeful Rep. Michelle Bachmann, who happened to appear on "Meet the Press" after Corbett, was asked about the scandal.

"If that was my child," she said of the allegations, her "automatic reaction would be, even though I'm a small woman, I'd want to go find that guy and beat him to a pulp."

But Bachmann said the case belongs within the state's jurisdiction, and that she does not see a role for Congress in the response.

In my home state of Texas, there is a law that covers this.  I've provided a link and snipped the penal code and what options for punishment would be for a person found guilty of a Class A Misdemeanor.  In other words, if this had happened in Texas, and Mike McQueary was found guilty, this is what could face:

“Under Texas law, you are required to make that report,” said Detective Joel Pridgeon with Austin Police Department’s Child Abuse Unit.

In the Penn State grand jury report, a graduate assistant who witnesses one of the sexual assaults happening notified Joe Paterno, but not police or child protective services.

In Texas, that would qualify as a class A misdemeanor:

Texas Penal Code …

Sec. 38.17.  FAILURE TO STOP OR REPORT AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT OF CHILD.  (a)  A person, other than a person who has a relationship with a child described by Section 22.04(b), commits an offense if:

(1)  the actor observes the commission or attempted commission of an offense prohibited by Section 21.02 or 22.021(a)(2)(B) under circumstances in which a reasonable person would believe that an offense of a sexual or assaultive nature was being committed or was about to be committed against the child;

(2)  the actor fails to assist the child or immediately report the commission of the offense to a peace officer or law enforcement agency; and

(3)  the actor could assist the child or immediately report the commission of the offense without placing the actor in danger of suffering serious bodily injury or death.

(b)  An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

And a link to:   
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/PE/htm/PE.12.htm
Penal Code
SUBCHAPTER B. ORDINARY MISDEMEANOR PUNISHMENTS

Sec. 12.21.  CLASS A MISDEMEANOR. An individual adjudged guilty of a Class A misdemeanor shall be punished by:

(1)  a fine not to exceed $4,000;

(2)  confinement in jail for a term not to exceed one year; or

(3)  both such fine and confinement.

nomad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2011, 02:27:27 PM »

It was bad enough when I read Mike McQueary witnessed Sandusky sexually abusing a young boy in the showers, but I had never read anywhere previously that Sandusky and the victim both saw him before he ran away from the scene.  I had assumed McQueary saw what was going on and left, without being seen.  If the statement in the above article is correct, it's even worse than I originally thought.     If Sandusky saw McQueary witness him having anal sex with a young boy in the showers at the university and saw McQueary leave the scene, that leaves open a whole lot of possibilities.  How much did McQueary gain over the years from the Penn State program or otherwise to be kept quiet?  McQueary may not have had to black mail Sandusky, but it would make sense that Sandusky would be sure to take care of the the witness.  Okay.  It's either that, or Sandusky thought he was such a powerful and influential personality that even if McQueary had called the police, no one would have believed him?  I am just stunned.  And I'm just appalled.  According to this article, McQueary saw both Sandusky and the victim and they both saw him.     And he ran.  And he told his Daddy.  The victim was violated not once, but twice that day, imo.    McQueary could have been a champion of a child being abused by stepping up and stopping Sandusky.  But he didn't.  McQueary's silence and failure to act fed the monster.  And the monster fed again and again and again.  It's no wonder McQueary answered that he had seen Sandusky and the victim in the shower when he went before the grand jury.  He HAD to because most likely the victim identified Mike McQueary when he was relating the incident to the police!  McQueary is no whistleblower.  He didn't come clean.  He got caught himself!  Lower than low! McQueary may NEVER have told about the incident unless he had been forced when it came to the grand jury.

I believe this Victim has NOT been identified!  No one ever bothered to find out who he was or see he got the help he needed.  This is just appalling!  I am from PA and grew up near State College.  Now they say more horrendous news is coming out in the future.  My God, how can it be worse!  I am just sick over this. 

For Kaitlin, her family, and Cubbee
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: November 13, 2011, 02:29:38 PM »

I wouldn't trust the board of trustees, nor anyone that has an interest in Penn State.  The feds need to investigate.   Sometimes I wonder if the board of trustees went ahead and fired Joe Paterno thinking it would appease and slow the uproar.   Sort of an early sacrifice if you will.  However, Joe Paterno will probably be investigated more thoroughly.  The bit of damage control that's been done  isn't going to cover all that's the underbelly of this tragedy.  So there were a couple of firings and a paid leave.  I don't think that's going to amount to much if this debacle gets proper investigation.  JMHO

They thought wrong didn't they?  Remove anyone from Penn State immediately in this investigation.  I don't want to hear any BS about their own investigation.  Right now the government needs to monitor the boys this guy abused and make sure they are safe.  I think there are people willing to harm these kids for coming forward.

I saw a news reporter yesterday ask a guy a question.  The guy turned to him and said are you a Joe fan?  The reporter didn't answer and asked the question again.  The reporter said I ask the questions.  The guy turned and said if you aren't a Joe fan then you don't belong her and get the hell out of here.

That kind of mentality makes you wonder what these people are thinking.  Yesterdays game was never about the kids like they were saying on TV.  I was about saving face.  That guys mentality proved my point.  JMO.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2011, 02:44:10 PM »

I believe this Victim has NOT been identified!  No one ever bothered to find out who he was or see he got the help he needed.  This is just appalling!  I am from PA and grew up near State College.  Now they say more horrendous news is coming out in the future.  My God, how can it be worse!  I am just sick over this. 

Hi nomad, we are all sick over this.

You have to wonder how worse it can get.  A guy on ESPN said yesterday this is going to be worse.

What I am wondering is if any of those kids are missing.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2011, 03:03:37 PM »

Grand Jury Transcript

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2011, 03:19:18 PM »

Could it be that Dorothy Sandusky's wife was able to make contact with the victim who 28 year old Mike McQueary observed being raped by her husband in 2002?  Was a settlement reached that implied this victim would not come forward ... identify himself and ... testify before the Grand Jury?

Janet

+++++

Why did Jerry Sandusky's wife call abuse victim weeks before his testimony ....
Last updated at 7:32 PM on 13th November 2011

Jerry Sandusky’s wife has been largely absent from the analysis of who knew what about her husband’s alleged sexual abuse of eight boys over a 15-year period.

But Dorothy 'Dottie' Gross Sandusky does make an appearance in the 23-page Grand Jury indictment which graphically details the charges against the 67-year-old former Penn State coach.

Mrs Sandusky, 68, attempted to call one of the victims in the weeks leading up to his testimony, despite the fact the now 26-year-old had cut off all contact with Sandusky two years prior.

She left a message on Victim 7's phone saying the matter was 'very important' but the man, who told the Grand Jury that as a ten-year-old in 1994, Sandusky hugged and inappropriately touched him, did not return the call.

<snipped>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2060914/Jerry-Sandusky-Penn-State-sex-abuse-Why-did-Jerry-wife-abuse-victim-weeks-testimony.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2011, 03:22:21 PM »

Hi nomad, we are all sick over this.

You have to wonder how worse it can get.  A guy on ESPN said yesterday this is going to be worse.

What I am wondering is if any of those kids are missing.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2011, 03:25:52 PM »

RUMOR? Mark Madden Says, Former Penn St Coach Jerry Sandusky ‘Pimping Out Young Boys to Rich Donors
Posted November 11, 2011 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/11/11/rumor-mark-madden-says-former-penn-st-coach-jerry-sandusky-pimping-out-young-boys-to-rich-donors/

BUMPED

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: November 13, 2011, 05:19:53 PM »

The Guy in the Glass

When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf,
And the world makes you King for a day,
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that guy has to say.

For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,
Who judgement upon you must pass.
The feller whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the guy staring back from the glass.

He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,
For he's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the guy in the glass is your friend.

You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,
And think you're a wonderful guy,
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.

You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the guy in the glass.

by Dale Wimbrow, 1934

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: November 13, 2011, 05:28:41 PM »

Was Joe Paterno able to look into the eyes of "the man in the glass" each morning for the past decade.  I don't think so.

Janet

++++++

Don’t Be an Enabler — When a Child Is Abused, Here’s What to Do
By Michael Reagan
Published November 10, 2011

<snipped>

Coach, you knew back in 2002 that Jerry Sandusky had anally raped a ten-year-old boy in the Lasch Football Building. You handled the matter quietly with your athletic director, Tim Curley. You took away the rapist’s keys and barred him from the facility—but you didn’t call the police. You didn’t lift a finger to help the victim. No hindsight needed, coach. You screwed up.

Yes, we all know about your 61-year career at Penn State. But when you allow children to be victimized right under your nose, you wipe out 61 years of achievement. The Jerry Sandusky scandal is your legacy now. …

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/11/10/dont-be-enabler-when-child-is-abused-heres-what-to-do/

_____

nomad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #199 on: November 13, 2011, 07:07:58 PM »

Tamikosmom

Thank you for the link.  Yes, it does state NO one bothered to find out who this little boy was!
Knew I had read that appalling fact.

For Kaitlin, her family, and Cubbee
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.