March 19, 2024, 01:53:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1001340 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 11:38:48 AM »

http://www.centredaily.com/2011/11/05/2975854/conflict-what-conflict.html

Conflict? What Conflict?

What in the world is going on?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 12:06:28 PM »

Follow the money.  There's big money in college ball.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 01:35:35 PM »

Report: Penn State President Graham Spanier will resign or be fired
Associated Press

Posted: 1:09pm on Nov 9, 2011; Modified: 1:25pm on Nov 9, 2011

The Express-Times of Easton reported Wednesday (http://bit.ly/snIMNH ) that a person close to the university board of trustees said Spanier will either resign or be voted out by trustees by the end of the day.
The newspaper didn’t identify the person, who it said requested anonymity.

Citing the unidentified person, it reported that an interim president, most likely Rodney Erickson, the university’s executive vice president and provost, would be appointed and a search for a permanent replacement would begin.

When asked to confirm or deny the report, Bill Mahon, Penn State spokesman, said he could not.

Information from: The Express-Times, http://www.lehighvalleylive.com

Read more: http://www.centredaily.com/2011/11/09/2980063/report-penn-state-president-spanier.html#ixzz1dEafzMwT

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 02:55:21 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sports/ncaafootball/questions-on-sandusky-wrapped-in-2005-gricar-mystery.html
Questions on Sandusky Are Wrapped in a 2005 Mystery
November 8, 2011

One of the questions surrounding the sex-abuse case against Jerry Sandusky is why a former district attorney chose not to prosecute the then-Penn State assistant coach in 1998 after reports surfaced that he had inappropriate interactions with a boy.
The answer is unknowable because of an unsolved mystery: What happened to Ray Gricar, the Centre County, Pa., district attorney?

Gricar went missing in April 2005. The murky circumstances surrounding his disappearance — an abandoned car, a laptop recovered months later in a river without a hard drive, his body was never found — have spawned Web sites, television programs and conspiracy theories. More than six years later, the police still receive tips and reports of sightings. The police in central Pennsylvania continue to investigate even though Gricar’s daughter, Lara, successfully petitioned in July to have her father declared legally dead so the family could find some closure and begin dividing his estate.

Yet as the Sandusky investigation moves forward, questions will be asked anew about why Gricar did not pursue charges against him 13 years ago. A small but strident minority believes Gricar did not want to tackle a case that involved a hometown icon. Others who knew and worked with Gricar say he was a meticulous, independent and tough-minded prosecutor who was unbowed by Penn State, its football program and political pressure in general.

“No one got a bye with Ray,” said Anthony De Boef, who worked as an assistant district attorney under Gricar for five years. “He didn’t care who you were; he had a job to do.”

De Boef said Gricar did not share any information with him about the case in 1998, which involved Sandusky allegedly showering with an 11-year-old boy. Gricar, he said, reviewed the police reports in private including, presumably, notes or recordings of two conversations that the police heard between Sandusky and the boy’s mother. But Gricar had a reputation for thoroughness, and if he thought he had enough to charge Sandusky, he would have, De Boef and other lawyers said.
 ::snipping2::
On April 15, 2005, Gricar, then 59, took the day off. At about 11:30 a.m., he called his girlfriend, Patricia Fornicola, to say he was taking a drive on Route 192. About 12 hours later, she reported him missing.

The next day, Gricar’s Mini Cooper was found in a parking lot in Lewisburg, about 50 miles from his home in Bellefonte. Gricar’s cellphone was in the car, but not his laptop, wallet or keys, which were never recovered. Months later, the laptop was found in the Susquehanna River without its hard drive, which was discovered later. It was too damaged to yield any information. On the fourth anniversary of his disappearance, investigators revealed that a search of his home computer yielded a history of Internet searches for phrases like “how to wreck a hard drive,” according to a report at the time in The Centre Daily Times.

When Gricar disappeared helicopters, dive teams and patrol cars were deployed, and the F.B.I. was brought in. Reports of Gricar turning up in Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Maryland and other states proved to be dead ends.

So what happened? Friends and colleagues say Gricar was not the type to walk away. His bank accounts were not touched after he disappeared, he had no other sources of income and he had no major debts, said Robert Buehner Jr., a friend and the district attorney in Montour County. Though divorced twice, he seemed happy with his girlfriend and close with his daughter. Gricar had already announced that he was retiring at the end of his term.
If Gricar committed suicide, Buehner added, he would have wanted the body to be found. Foul play is the next possible conclusion. By the nature of their jobs prosecuting criminals, district attorneys end up having many enemies. But no credible suspects have emerged.

“I don’t think you’ll find too many district attorneys who disappear,” said Ken Mains, a detective who works on cold cases in Lycoming County. “D. B. Cooper, Amelia Earhart, Jimmy Hoffa, until a body is found, there are going to be conspiracy theories.”

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 03:30:19 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57321248/cops-sandusky-admitted-to-98-shower-with-boy/?tag=pop;stories
Cops: Sandusky admitted to '98 shower with boy
November 9, 2011

CBS/AP)

Jerry Sandusky, the one-time heir apparent to Penn State football coach Joe Paterno, told a boy's mother in 1998 that he had showered with her son and with other boys but he wouldn't promise to stop, according to a Pennsylvania grand jury report.

Police in State College, Penn., listened in to two conversations Sandusky had with the mother, with her permission, after her then-11-year-old son came home with hair wet from showing with Sandusky. At the end of the second conversation, Sandusky was told he could not see the boy anymore.

"I understand," State College Detective Ronald Schreffler testified Sandusky said. "I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won't get it from you. I wish I were dead."
Sandusky — who maintains he is innocent — has since been charged with 40 criminal counts, accusing him of molesting eight young boys between 1994 and 2009. Two PSU administrators who have since stepped aside have also been charged with failing to notify authorities of a 2002 incident reported by an eyewitness.
The 11-year-old was only identified as the former assistant football coach's sixth alleged victim. In 1998, his mother tried to make Sandusky promise never to shower with a boy again, but he wouldn't make that promise, Schreffler testified.

Jerry Lauro, an investigator with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, testified to the grand jury Sandusky admitted to him and Schreffler in an interview that he hugged the boy while naked in the shower and that he knew it was wrong.

However, the case was closed after then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar decided there would be no criminal charges filed.

Late Tuesday night, Penn State's board of trustees said it would appoint a special committee to conduct an investigation into the "circumstances" that resulted in the indictments of Sandusky, athletic director Tim Curley and vice president Gary Schultz. The committee will be appointed Friday at the board's regular meeting, which Gov. Tom Corbett said he plans to attend, and will examine "what failures occurred and who is responsible and what measures are necessary to ensure" similar mistakes aren't made in the future.

The board also promised those responsible would be held "fully accountable."

"We are committed to restoring public trust in the university," the board statement concluded.

Paterno is fighting for his job amid "eroding" support from the board and the widening sex-abuse scandal.

Paterno's regularly scheduled news conference was abruptly canceled Tuesday. A university spokesman cited "ongoing legal circumstances," a reference to the charges announced over the weekend.

At least a thousand students descended on the administration building about 11 p.m., EDT, chanting "Joe Paterno!" over and over, along with Penn State cheers. Many held up their smartphones to take photos or simply light up the night. A few young men climbed flag poles.

About 10 police officers stood on the steps of the building, guarding it.

Paterno's son, Scott, said his father was disappointed over the decision by PSU President Graham Spanier to cancel the news conference. Addressing reporters outside his parents' house, Scott said Joe was prepared to answer questions about Sandusky and further that his father plans to coach not only Saturday's game against Nebraska, but for the long haul.

Hundreds of fans staged a raucous rally outside Paterno's home. He appeared briefly, along with some family members, and thanked the crowd for coming.

"It's hard for me to say how much this means," the 84-year-old coach said. "I've lived for this place. I've lived for people like you guys and girls."

Asked if he was still the coach, Paterno didn't answer but a young woman who stood with her arm around him replied: "Now is not the time."

As he returned to his house, Paterno stopped and pumped his fists above his head, yelling, "We are ..."

"Penn State!" the crowd replied.

"We're always going to be Penn State," Paterno said. "I'm proud of you. I've always been proud of you. Beat Nebraska."

At an afternoon practice, managers hastily put plywood boards over an exposed fence to block photographers' view of the field.

Paterno, who earns about $1 million annually from the school, has been head coach for 46 years and part of the Penn State staff for more than six decades, and his old-school values pervade every corner of the program.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 09:39:14 PM »

Well, I don't think Joe Paterno resigning at the end of the season is enough.     I'm became familiar with the Clery Act, because of some things that happened at a university in Texas.  They got under the wire however, because of the way they classified some of the crimes on campus.  But what happened there is miniscule compared to Penn State's stuff right now. 

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joe-paterno-penn-state-president-graham-spanier-sex/story?id=14913848#.Trsz8nJZrwI
Feds to Probe Penn State Sex Abuse Scandal: Joe Paterno and University President Graham Spanier Ousted
November 9, 2011

The U.S. Department of Education is launching an investigation into whether Penn State University officials mishandled the sexual abuse allegations that have rocked the university and are forcing out football coach Joe Paterno and university president Graham Spanier.

Officials are checking to see if the university failed to comply with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the Clery Act), which requires colleges to disclose reported criminal offenses on campus.

"If these allegations of sexual abuse are true, then this is a horrible tragedy for those young boys," Education Secretary Arne Duncan said in a news release. "If it turns out that some people at the school knew of the abuse and did nothing or covered it up, that makes it even worse. Schools and school officials have a legal and moral responsibility to protect children and young people from violence and abuse."

Paterno released a statement today saying he was "absolutely devastated" by the scandal and would retire at the end of the season.

ABC News has learned that Spanier will be ousted from his position today, according to Penn State sources. The Board of Trustees will have a closed door meeting at 7 p.m.

Spanier apparently has submitted a letter or resignation and the board only needs to accept it, a source told ABC News' Lauren Pearle.

The turmoil follows the arrest of former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky, charged with abusing at least eight boys over 15 years.

Athletic director Tim Curly and Vice President for Finance Gary Shultz were charged Tuesday with not reporting the sexual abuse to police and lying to a grand jury under oath during the investigation.

Paterno and Spanier have come under intense pressure this because they were also told of at least one incident, but did not alert police.

Paterno, who has coached the team for 46 years and is the winningest coach in top level college football ever, said it has been his intention to "serve the best interests of this university and the young men who have been entrusted to my care."

"That's why I have decided to announce my retirement effective at the end of this season. At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute discussing my status. They have far more important matters to address. I want to make this as easy for them as I possibly can," Paterno said.

The coach had a closed meeting with his team and coaching staff this morning where he reportedly broke down in tears while telling them he was leaving, according to the Associated Press. Players, also choking back tears, gave him a standing ovation as he walked out of the gym, the report said.
Sandusky was arrested Saturday and charged with molesting eight boys over 15 years, all of whom he met through his charitable organization, The Second Mile, a group home and outreach program for troubled boys.

The charges stem from a March 2002, incident in which graduate assistant coach Mike McQueary allegedly saw Sandusky sexually assaulting a boy in a locker room shower in the Penn State football department. McQueary told Paterno what he saw, and Paterno in turn told Curly and Shultz. None of the men reported the incident to police.

The Pennsylvania attorney general said Monday that Curly and Shultz were legally required to alert police to the incident, while Paterno was only legally obligated to tell his superiors. But Paterno has come under fire for failing what police called a "moral obligation" to alert them to the crimes.
Penn State Sex Scandal Grows

Pressure has also increased on Spanier because Curly and Shultz reported to Spanier that there had been an inappropriate incident with Sandusky and a child in the locker room showers, and that they had taken away Sandusky's privilege of bringing children onto campus. Spanier approved the decision and never reported the Sandusky incident to police.

Sandusky allegedly molested some of the children that he brought to the Penn State campus to meet the team members and work out at the facilities. He also brought them along on trips to away games and plied them with gifts, according to the presentment.

Two earlier sexual assaults on campus had been brought to the attention of employees and administrators, neither of which were reported to the police, according to the attorney general. In 1998 two boys reportedly came forward to say Sandusky had fondled them in the team's showers. Campus police had eavesdropped on a conversation between Sandusky and one boy's mother. That mother recently described the exchange to local reporter Sara Ganim with the Patriot News.

"He admitted to taking the shower, he admitted to some extent something bad happened," the woman, who was not identified, said. "He asked her for forgiveness. He said 'I probably won't get it from you,' and then he said 'I wish I were dead.'"

The mother said that she was proud of her son, who had the courage stand up to one of the giants of college football, according to Ganim. The boy's allegation led to the three-year grand jury investigation that resulted in sexual assault charges.

Sandusky was a coach and defensive coordinator for the team for 23 years before retiring in 1999. After his retirement, he continued to have unlimited access to the football department and campus, and continued to run football camps for boys at Penn State's campuses.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 09:51:53 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57321624-504083/penn-state-sex-scandal-is-like-being-sucker-punched-says-former-player-brandon-noble/?tag=cbsnewsSectionContent.5
Penn State sex scandal is "like being sucker-punched," says former player Brandon Noble
November 9, 2011

(CBS) Former Penn State defensive lineman Brandon Noble was in Bermuda when he got a text from a former teammate about the unfolding sex abuse scandal involving his old coach, Jerry Sandusky.

"It was like being sucker-punched," says Noble. "The whole football program at Penn State was based on accountability, responsibility, doing the right thing. That's what Jerry preached - and that's what makes this so devastating."
Noble, who spent nine years in the NFL after leaving Penn State in 1998, is now the head football coach for West Chester University in Pennsylvania.
According to an explosive grand jury report, Sandusky is accused of molesting eight boys over a period of 15 years, engaging in behavior ranging from inappropriate touching to sodomy. Some of the alleged incidents occurred on the Penn State campus, in gyms and locker rooms to which Sandusky had access.
According to the grand jury report, a then-graduate assistant witnessed Sandusky raping a boy in a shower in one of the Penn State athletic buildings on March 1, 2002. The graduate assistant, who is not named in the grand jury report but has subsequently been identified as Penn State assistant coach Mike McQueary,  told the grand jury that he reported what he saw to head coach Joe Paterno, and that Paterno later reported the allegations to Athletic Director Tim Curly. The grand jury noted that they found McQueary's testimony "very credible."

A little over a week later, Curly called McQueary to a meeting with Gary Schultz, the university's senior vice president for finance and business.

What happened at the meeting is unclear. Curly denied to the grand jury that McQueary had told him of sodomy or "anything of a sexual nature" occurring: "He termed the conduct as merely 'horsing around,'" reported the grand jury.

Schultz was also apparently "unsure" what McQueary had reported, but testified that the allegations were "not that serious."

According to the report, Curly and Schultz - both of whom have been charged with perjury and failing to report a crime - told the graduate assistant they would "look into it."

But according to the report, neither even discussed alerting the police - even the University Police, which Schultz oversaw. Schultz did testify, however, that he reported the information from McQueary to University President Graham Spanier.

Noble - who read the report and calls it "disturbing" - says that this alleged cover-up is nearly as upsetting as Sandusky's alleged behavior.

"We want to know why this wasn't handled differently," he says, speaking for himself and the other former Penn State football players he's been communicating with non-stop since the story broke,
Noble thinks Paterno did the right thing Tuesday when he told reporters, "I wish I had done more," but says "I want to hear that from the people up the food chain."

Paterno announced Wednesday that he will step down from his position at the end of the season.

"Being a father, if someone saw something like this happening to my child, I would hope someone would call the police or step in," says Noble.

Still, he admits that the culture of football teams - at Penn State and elsewhere - is often insular.

"Every football team I've been a part of protects its own," says Noble. "Football is a dysfunctional family. You all come from very different backgrounds and not everyone gets along, but you want to keep those problems inside."

Asked how he would respond if one of his players or team members came to him with allegations similar to those levied against Sandusky, Noble is brutally honest:

"I would love to believe that I would do the right thing," he says. "But it's easy for me, sitting here in my office, to say that, absolutely I would contact the authorities and confront the person. But you just don't know how you're going react."

Either way, Noble says that the former players he's been communicating with are "very disappointed in the way the Penn State administration handled this."
"We're circling the wagons, we're going to start to heal - but we're going to have to do it ourselves."

Step one: Noble plans to attend Saturday's football game at Penn State.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 10:06:23 PM »

This is a must read article.  Steve Kelley tells it like it is.  Also check out the poll and vote.  I don't mind sharing that my vote was "NO".
"Should Joe Paterno be allowed to continue as football coach at Penn State?" 
Yes or No? 

When I looked at the poll at 9:01 cst here's the score:
Should Joe Paterno be allowed to continue as football coach at Penn State?
Yes  26.6%  (572 votes) 
No  73.4%  (1,578 votes) 
Total Votes: 2,150

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/stevekelley/2016719319_kelley09.html?prmid=obinsite
Joe Paterno must speak up, then leave Penn State
Sex scandal will be football coach's legacy

Steve Kelley
Seattle Times staff columnist

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 10:09:49 PM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/michael_mccann/11/09/joe.paterno/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Did Joe Paterno break the law?

A long, but excellent article.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 10:59:22 PM »

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-pennstate-abuse

PSU trustees fire Paterno, Spanier
By GENARO C. ARMAS, Associated Press
10 minutes ago

One key question has been why Paterno and other top school officials didn’t go to police in 2002 after being told a graduate assistant saw Sandusky assaulting a boy in a school shower.

Paterno says he should have done more. Spanier has said he was not told the details of the attack.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 11:52:09 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/09/penn-states-joe-paterno-said-will-retire-at-end-season/

Penn State Ousts University President, Paterno

All these men had to do was speak up for the kids.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 02:14:26 AM »

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/11/10/2551315/penn-state-riots-protest-joe-paterno-fired-state-college
Penn State Riot: Students Protest, Clash With Police After Joe Paterno Fired
Students took to the streets in State College after Joe Paterno was fired on Wednesday night. Crowds were clashing with police as the protest got out of hand.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7214380/joe-paterno-president-graham-spanier-penn-state
Updated: November 10, 2011, 1:26 AM ET
Joe Paterno, Graham Spanier out
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Penn State trustees fired football coach Joe Paterno and university president Graham Spanier amid the growing furor over how the school handled sex abuse allegations against an assistant coach.

The massive shakeup Wednesday night came hours after Paterno announced that he planned to retire at the end of his 46th season.

But the outcry following the arrest of former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky on molestation charges proved too much for the board to ignore.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 07:19:30 AM »

I'm merging this thread with one already started.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12322.msg1486825#new
Re: Former Penn State Coach Jerry Sandusky Charged with Sexually Abusing 8

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 07:30:41 AM »

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/11/10/2551315/penn-state-riots-protest-joe-paterno-fired-state-college
Students took to the streets in State College after Joe Paterno was fired on Wednesday night. Crowds were clashing with police as the protest got out of hand.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7214380/joe-paterno-president-graham-spanier-penn-state
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Penn State trustees fired football coach Joe Paterno and university president Graham Spanier amid the growing furor over how the school handled sex abuse allegations against an assistant coach.

The massive shakeup Wednesday night came hours after Paterno announced that he planned to retire at the end of his 46th season.

But the outcry following the arrest of former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky on molestation charges proved too much for the board to ignore.

The students have their priorities all wrong.  They should be angry and outraged with Joe Paterno and etc. for what happened to the young boys and for the cover up that ensued.  Instead they are throwing tantrums that their precious foot ball coach who helped cover up is getting what was coming to him.  Penn State was right in firing Joe Paterno imo.  To allow him to retire at the end of the season wouldn't have shown accountability.  And I'm sure the board knew there would be a backlash when they fired Paterno. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 08:25:04 AM »

Follow the money.  There's big money in college ball.  JMHO

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 08:32:46 AM »

I can't believe that students are rioting.  How screwed up is there thinking that they value a freakin' sport over the lives of children.  That could've been one of them assaulted and then ignored.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 08:37:34 AM »

The students have their priorities all wrong.  They should be angry and outraged with Joe Paterno and etc. for what happened to the young boys and for the cover up that ensued.  Instead they are throwing tantrums that their precious foot ball coach who helped cover up is getting what was coming to him.  Penn State was right in firing Joe Paterno imo.  To allow him to retire at the end of the season wouldn't have shown accountability.  And I'm sure the board knew there would be a backlash when they fired Paterno. 
I agree 100%.
This is about children and their lives.Can you imagine what what kind of an impact seeing that display would do to you mentally as one of the victims?
While I was watching this during the night I heard someone say it really is unbelievable in reference to the coach.I call bull chit.It is unbelievable and a crying shame these children were treated in such a fashion.
There are so many kids out there hungry for love and attention,and this is not what they deserve. 
I am there was some firing going on.

~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 08:55:33 AM »

What I can't believe is that these grown men interacted with Sandusky after knowing what he was doing.  Did they have him over for parties and bbq's around their own children and grandchild?  How did they stomach shaking his hand knowing that his hands had been violating innocent children?  I have no respect or sympathy for any of the men involved.  They should've grown a pair, beat his a$$ down, and then turned him in to authorities.

Now, I want to know of any connections these guys might have to Ray Gricar.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 09:22:36 AM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/gricars_nephew_on_1998_sandusk.html
Former Centre County DA Ray Gricar's nephew on 1998 Jerry Sandusky case: 'Ray was beholden to no one'
Published: Wednesday, November 09, 2011, 7:07 PM     Updated: Wednesday, November 09, 2011, 7:34 PM

"People ask why Ray did not prosecute, and I have no problem saying, because he clearly felt he didn't have a case for a 'successful' prosecution," Tony Gricar said. "... One thing I can say is that Ray was beholden to no one, was not a politician."

Gricar also said his uncle had developed "a bitter taste in his mouth for the program, and it's coach, and that was not much of a secret."

"So I wouldn't imagine he'd give favorable treatment to anyone associated with the team for any reason," he said.

In that 1998 case, Gricar had the mother of one boy confront Sandusky in her home while police hid in another room.

According to the grand jury report, Sandusky admitted to taking a naked shower and touching the boy, asked for forgiveness and said, "I wish I were dead."

About six weeks after the incident, police closed the case.

~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 09:34:48 AM »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7212054/key-dates-penn-state-nittany-lions-sex-abuse-case

Sandusky, Penn State case timeline

Jerry Sandusky founds The Second Mile. It begins as a group foster home dedicated to helping troubled boys and grows to become a charity dedicated to helping children with absent or dysfunctional families.

Boy known as Victim 7 in the report meets Sandusky through The Second Mile program at about the age of 10.

1994-95
Boy known as Victim 6 meets Sandusky at a Second Mile picnic at Spring Creek Park when he is 7 or 8 years old.

1995-96
Boy known as Victim 5, meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is 7 or 8, in second or third grade.

1996-97
Boy known as Victim 4, at the age of 12 or 13, meets Sandusky while he is in his second year participating in The Second Mile program.

1996-98
Victim 5 is taken to the locker rooms and showers at Penn State by Sandusky when he is 8 to 10 years old.

Jan. 1, 1998
Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky's wife, as a member of Sandusky's family party for the 1998 Outback Bowl.

Victim 6 is taken into the locker rooms and showers when he is 11 years old. When Victim 6 is dropped off at home, his hair is wet from showering with Sandusky. His mother reports the incident to the university police, who investigate.

Dec. 28, 1999
Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky's wife, as a member of Sandusky's family party for the 1999 Alamo Bowl.

Summer 2000
Boy known as Victim 3 meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is between seventh and eighth grade.

Fall 2000
A janitor named James Calhoun observes Sandusky in the showers of the Lasch Football Building with a young boy, known as Victim 8, pinned up against the wall, performing oral sex on the boy. He tells other janitorial staff immediately. Fellow Office of Physical Plant employee Ronald Petrosky cleans the showers at Lasch and sees Sandusky and the boy, who he describes as being between the ages of 11 and 13.

Calhoun tells other physical plant employees what he saw, including Jay Witherite, his immediate supervisor. Witherite tells him to whom he should report the incident. Calhoun was a temporary employee and never makes a report. Victim 8's identity is unknown.

March 1, 2002
A Penn State graduate assistant enters the locker room at the Lasch Football Building. In the showers, he sees a naked boy, known as Victim 2, whose age he estimates to be 10 years old, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant tells his father immediately.

2005-2006
Boy known as Victim 1 says that he meets Sandusky through The Second Mile at age 11 or 12.

Spring 2007
During the 2007 track season, Sandusky begins spending time with Victim 1 weekly, having him stay overnight at his residence in College Township, Pa.

Spring 2008
Termination of contact with Victim 1 occurs when he is a freshman in a Clinton County high school. After the boy's mother calls the school to report sexual assault, Sandusky is barred from the school district attended by Victim 1 from that day forward and the matter is reported to authorities as mandated by law.

Nov. 8, 2011
Possible ninth victim of Sandusky contacts state police as calls for ouster of Paterno and Spanier grow in state and beyond. Penn State abruptly cancels Paterno's regular weekly news conference.

How many other possible victims are there out there that won't come forward because of the chaos going on on campus?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.