March 18, 2024, 08:59:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1001256 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2860 on: October 09, 2012, 07:35:22 AM »

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20121009_A_defiant_Sandusky_faces_tough_sentence_today.html
A defiant Jerry Sandusky faces tough sentence today
October 9, 2012

BELLEFONTE, Pa. - Jerry Sandusky is set to receive a sentence today on 45 counts of child sex abuse that will likely to put him in prison for the rest of his life.

But the 68-year-old former Pennsylvania State University assistant football coach isn't done fighting.

Sandusky maintained his innocence and blasted prosecutors, his accusers, Penn State and the media on Monday in a taped jailhouse statement he sent to a university-affiliated, student-produced news website.

Meanwhile, his attorneys have already begun the work of appealing his conviction and are expected to make their legal filings within days of today's decision.

The sentencing hearing is set to begin at 9 a.m. in a Centre County courtroom.
 ::snipping2::

Under state sentencing guidelines, Judge John M. Cleland can impose a sentence ranging from as little as 10 years to more than 400 for the 45 counts of child sex abuse on which Sandusky was convicted in June.

Those charges include multiple counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, indecent assault, and corruption of minors, the most serious of which carry 10-year minimum sentences.

Cleland could decide to have Sandusky serve them concurrently rather than consecutively.

s many as six of the former coach's accusers could take the stand during today's court hearing, prosecutors said Monday Several others have submitted victim impact statements to the judge for consideration.

Sandusky is the only witness expected to testify on his behalf, though his lawyers said Monday that his wife, Dorothy, and five of their adult children continue to stand behind him and have expressed their belief in his innocence to the court.

A sixth son originally agreed to testify as a defense witness at Sandusky's trial, but later came forward with allegations that he, too, had been molested.

Once the sentence is handed down, Sandusky's lawyers have 10 days to file their initial appeals. They have signaled that their primary objection will be the short timetable to prepare his defense between his arrest in November and his June trial.

Cleland will have four months to review the merits of those claims.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2861 on: October 09, 2012, 08:15:43 AM »

October 9, 2012 Tweets - Jerry Sandusky Sentencing

http://twitter.com/cvmikesisak
Michael Sisak ‏@cvmikesisak
4m Courtroom filling w/media. A clock in front of gallery shows time court will use to determine if someone Tweets/posts before court adjourns.

1h Michael Sisak ‏@cvmikesisak
Daybreak in Bellefonte. Two hours until #Sandusky sentencing. Stay tuned for updates.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2862 on: October 09, 2012, 08:42:45 AM »

4m Courtroom filling w/media. A clock in front of gallery shows time court will use to determine if someone Tweets/posts before court adjourns.

Daybreak in Bellefonte. Two hours until #Sandusky sentencing. Stay tuned for updates.

It will be interesting to see if justice is served.
 ::justice2NJ::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2863 on: October 09, 2012, 08:45:43 AM »

It will be interesting to see if justice is served.
 ::justice2NJ::

I hope when Judge Cleland sentences Jerry Sandusky, he also sends a message to child molesters by the strength of the sentence.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2864 on: October 09, 2012, 08:49:36 AM »

Another link  http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/09/us-usa-pennstate-idUSBRE8960IO20121009

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2865 on: October 09, 2012, 08:53:47 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/08/acd.01.html
ANDERSON COOPER 360 DEGREES

Romney Closes Gap in Latest Polls; Jerry Sandusky Speaks from Jail; High Stakes for VP Debate

Aired October 8, 2012 - 20:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN ANCHOR: Ashleigh, thanks. Good evening, everyone.

COOPER: Up next, more breaking news. Convicted child molester Jerry Sandusky is speaking out from his jail cell just hours before he's sentenced for his crime. That's going to happen tomorrow. He does everything from attack the victims to talking about his sex life at home. We've got the tape. You can hear it for yourself. And we're going to hear from the attorneys on both sides of the case next. We'll be right back.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

COOPER: Breaking news now. Jerry Sandusky releases an audio taped message from jail just hours before he's going to be sentenced in his child sex abuse case. Why he says it is a flawed conviction. Ahead on 360.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

COOPER: Breaking news tonight. Serial child molester Jerry Sandusky will be sentenced tomorrow and we can already predict there was going to be no expressions of remorse for recruiting, grooming and ultimately raping all those boys.

We know he won't express remorse. We know he won't take responsibility because tonight on the eve of his sentencing hearing, the former Penn State football coach and children's charity founder has put out a jailhouse tape.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JERRY SANDUSKY, CONVICTED SEX OFFENDER: They can take away my life. They can make me out as a monster. They can treat me as a monster but they can't take away my heart. In my heart, I know I did not do these alleged disgusting acts. My wife has been my only sex partner and that was after marriage. Our love continues.

The young man who is dramatic, a veteran accuser, and always sought attention, started everything. He was joined by a well orchestrated effort of the media, investigators, the system, Penn State, psychologists, civil attorneys and other accusers. They won.

I've wondered what they really won.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

COOPER: Sandusky made those remarks in a Penn State radio station. And that's not all he said. Jason Carroll joins us. He's in State College. On the phone is Michael Boni, the lawyer for victim number one. Also renowned criminal defense attorney Mark Geragos.

Michael, you say Jerry Sandusky is really opening the wound for the victims by releasing this tape.

MICHAEL BONI, ATTORNEY FOR ALLEGED PENN STATE VICTIM NUMBER 1: Yes, Anderson. I believe he is. What's happening is that Sandusky is taking every opportunity to continue to torment these victims.

He's now accusing them, in fact, he made a direct reference to victim one by saying he started everything. There is no conspiracy here. There is no making these accusations for any reason other than to put Mr. Sandusky behind bars for the rest his life because of the heinous acts that he perpetrated on these victims.

COOPER: Mark, what about this? I mean, he is alleging this basically huge conspiracy against him by just about everybody, putting out a statement like this the night before the sentencing hearing, is that something you would ever advise a client to do?

MARK GERAGOS, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: No. The last thing you are going to want to do is advise a client I want you to go in there, you're better off just saying nothing.

However, as a practical matter, he's going to get a life sentence, whether it's a number of years, whether it's consecutive, whatever it is, at his age any substantial prison term is a life sentence.

I've always wondered why a lot of defendants when they have been convicted get up and show remorse when they're facing hundreds of years to life or multiple life sentences, you know, at a certain point, I think you can look at it two ways.

Either he's truly the victim of a conspiracy and he's just speaking the truth, or as a lot of people would argue, look, somebody who is a serial pedophile is never going to admit to it, it doesn't matter how damning the evidence is, and this is just one more step in that progression, if you will.

So it certainly does not surprise me. He knows, and this shows you that he knows that this judge is not going to run the sentences concurrently, which means at the same time. The judge is going to stack these sentences.

I'm sure he's been told that by his lawyer, and whatever sentence he gets, which will probably be 40 or 50 years, something of that nature, to life, is tantamount to a life sentence. COOPER: Jason, what can you tell us about Jerry Sandusky's time in prison? He's actually written you letters, I learned.

JASON CARROLL, CNN NATIONAL CORRESPONDENT: That's correct, Anderson. He's written me two letters to be specific. Basically in those letters, he made it very clear that he wants to focus on his appeal.

He's been doing a lot of writing. He maintains his innocence. He believes in his innocence. His wife, Dotty, believes in his innocence. She has come by the prison on a number of occasions to visit him.

And I think you are going to hear a little bit more about that, more about the fact that he believes that he is innocent when he addresses the court tomorrow.

COOPER: Michael, I want to play another part of the tape where Jerry Sandusky references the accusers. Let's play that.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JERRY SANDUSKY, CONVICTED SEX OFFENDER: -- evaluate the accusers and their families and realize they didn't come out of isolation. The accusers were products of many more people and experiences than me. Look at their confidants and their honesty.

Think about how easy it was for them to turn on me given the information, attention and potential perks. We didn't lose to proven facts, evidence, accurate locations and times. Anything can be said. We lost to speculation and stories that were influenced by people who wanted to convict me.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

COOPER: He's clearly reading a statement which given his interview to Bob Costas is probably a wise move rather than just speaking off the cuff, but he's essentially saying your client and the other victims were doing this for financial gain and what he called potential perks. When you heard that, what did you think?

BONI: Yes. Well, I was outraged, Anderson. It's preposterous. With victim one's case in particular, he basically reached out to the police, told his mother, very relatively shortly after the years of abuse that he suffered.

Remember, he's still 18 years old. He was abused up until the time he was 14 or 15. He really didn't have time to prepare an elaborate conspiracy before going to report his abuse to the authorities. It's just a preposterous insinuation.

I understand from Mark that he understands that this can happen. I'll never understand this as long as I live. It just seems so, so wrong and heinous to me.

COOPER: Mark, in terms of an appeal, I mean, are there any grounds for an appeal?

GERAGOS: Well, one of the things that he says in his statement, and which obviously to anybody who reads this, clearly was vetted by his lawyer as you said, they weren't going to give Costas another chance to win another Emmy, this is going to be based on the lack of time for preparation for the trial.

And that will be his kind of centerpiece of the appeal. Remember, they had asked for a continuance. The lawyers had said repeatedly they did not have time to prepare. That is an awfully, awfully tough grounds for appeal.

I have been in that situation before and courts don't look all that friendly or openly towards that basis.

COOPER: We are going to play that portion of the tape coming up. We've got to take a quick break. More with our panel. We will also talk to the attorney for Jerry Sandusky. He will also be joining us ahead on that. We got to take a quick break. We'll be right back.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

COOPER: More than two years ago, Tiffany Harley told police she and her husband were ambushed on their jetskis on a lake along the United States/Mexico border. That he was shot in the head. She was forced to leave his body behind. Now a suspect is in custody. Tiffany Harley's reaction when we continue.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

COOPER: Back now with more on the breaking news, the pretty surprising jailhouse tape that surfaced tonight on Penn State radio.

Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State football coach, convicted serial child rapist, not expressing remorse, not really taking responsibility, in fact, not taking responsibility at all, blaming the victims, the system, the courts, and just about everybody that convicted him. Listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SANDUSKY: We must fight unfairness, inconsistency and dishonesty. People need to be portrayed for who they really are. We have not been complainers. When we couldn't have kids, we adopted. We didn't have time to prepare for a trial. We still gave it our best.

We will fight for another chance. We have been given many second chances and now will ask for one. It will take more than our effort. Justice will have to be more than just a word. Fairness be more than just a dream. It will take others. Somebody apolitical with the courage to listen, to think about the unfairness, to have the guts to stand up and take the road less traveled.

I ask for the strength to handle everything and the willingness to surrender only to God regardless of the outcome. (END VIDEO CLIP)

COOPER: Back with us, Jason Carroll, Michael Boni represents victim number one and criminal defense attorney, Mark Geragos. And on the phone, Sandusky attorney, Karl Rominger.
Karl, appreciate you being with us. Clearly, this statement seemed to be vetted, I assume you looked at it before. Did you advise Jerry Sandusky to release this statement and if so, why?

KARL ROMINGER, JERRY SANDUSKY CO-COUNSEL (via telephone): I have not seen that statement prior to the release, nor had Joe Amendola. We would tell him probably not to do it, but the reality is given the mandatory minimums that apply in this case, it's probably not going to make an effective difference in the length of his sentence, vis-a-vis his life expectancy.

COOPER: So you didn't know he would be making a statement in advance?

ROMINGER: I did not.

COOPER: When you heard it, what did you think? What do you think of it?

ROMINGER: Well, it sounds like Jerry. He maintains his innocence. If he's innocent, God bless him. Get your word out there. I understand his frustration. We were rushed to trial.

Commonwealth had three years to prepare. We couldn't get one continuance for Jerry Sandusky. I can get three continuances for a parking ticket. I couldn't get one in the biggest case in Pennsylvania history.

COOPER: I want to play another part of his statement. Let's listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SANDUSKY: I'm responding to the worst loss of my life. First, I looked at myself. Over and over I asked why, why didn't we have a fair opportunity to prepare for trial. People need to be portrayed for who they really are. We've not been complainers. When we couldn't have kids, we adopted. When we didn't have time to prepare for a trial, we still gave it our best.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

COOPER: To your point that he didn't get a fair trial, how at this point, you're hoping for an appeal, what's the likelihood of that?

ROMINGER: Well, we believe we have strong grounds for appeal, both on the failure of the court to grant one continuance to prepare, given the fact, the dump of documents and information pre-trial. And second of all, the prosecutor made statements about Jerry not giving a full and fair explanation in a statement to Bob Costas, which they chose to present to the jury, and then complain that it wasn't full and complete.

Our position is that's a violation of commonwealth v Johnson, a Pennsylvania case that suggests that any commentary on incomplete silence is impermissible.

COOPER: Mark Geragos, what do you make of what you're hearing from Karl Rominger? Are you surprised that he's saying he didn't hear about this in advance? As an attorney that's got to be --

GERAGOS: I'm surprised -- exactly right. I'm surprised by the vetting. I agree with Karl. I think it's what I said before you put him on the phone, given what he's facing in terms of time, what difference does it make ultimately?

In fact, I'm always surprised when defendants go quietly. The document dump is particularly as a defense lawyer, you always wonder why is it that the prosecution gets to start off and have a giant head start.

Then you get the case and it's on your mark, get set, go, and you're trying to play constant catch up, then they dump stuff on you at the last minute and you're still supposed to get your arms around that and defend it.

The argument is, well, the prosecution's got to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. The defense has just got to raise a doubt. I just think, you know, in fundamental fairness when somebody is facing basically a life sentence.

That you should err on the side of caution and as he says, give him his one continuance. The other comment, I think that that's grounds for appeal. It's what we call at least federally griffin error, things of that nature, when you're commenting on somebody's failure to explain.

Well, that's a violation if taken structurally of the Fifth Amendment. You have a right to remain silent. If they're introducing it, why are they then saying he didn't explain? They're saying he didn't take the stand.

COOPER: Michael, think there are grounds for appeal here?

BONI: Well, I'm listening to Karl and to Mark. In this case, I really don't. This defendant was hit with an avalanche of evidence and was convicted on 45 of 48 counts against him. I think that the evidence here is overwhelming.

I think the fact that there was an alleged attenuated time for the defense to prepare a trial does not explain why Jerry Sandusky is picking now to proclaim his innocence when he could have done so at the trial. He didn't then. I understand it's his Fifth Amendment right not to, but it does question, you know, the veracity of what he's saying now and why he chose now to proclaim his innocence. He had the chance and --

COOPER: Jason, does it surprise you to hear that Sandusky didn't talk to Mr. Rominger in advance of this statement?

CARROLL: Well, I can tell you this. Joe Amendola told me that he was the one, in fact, who helped make the arrangements between Jerry Sandusky and the radio station, so I don't know how much of a heads up he got, but that arrangement was made by Joe Amendola.

I can also tell you that the interview was given to a man who Jerry Sandusky has known for many, many, many years. He was identified to me as a very old friend. A little bit more also I can tell you about what is expected with Jerry Sandusky tomorrow.

I'm told when he addresses the court, it will probably take anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes. Again, he's expected to read a statement. He will not adlib. He's expected to talk about the philosophical reasons why he believes this has happened to him.

He probably will tell the court that he says that everything that happens for a reason and hopefully, some good will come out of this and that he will continue to fight.

Also tomorrow, Anderson, Dotty Sandusky, who has remained at his side throughout this entire ordeal, will be in the court. She has submitted a letter to the court supporting her husband.
His children, Kara, Jeff, E.J. and John, have also submitted letters to the court as well as former Second Milers. In addition to that, an old time friend, Dick Anderson, one of Sandusky's old time friends, Dick Anderson, will submit a letter of support as well. These are some of the people who continue to believe in his innocence.

COOPER: So Karl, just quickly, Jason was saying that Joe Amendola, another attorney, helped organize this interview. Do you know if he vetted this statement?

ROMINGER: I don't know if he vetted it or not. I have some concern with what he said, obviously, because it could affect sentencing but at the end of the day it's not going to make a difference. I think I've said if he really wants to speak his mind, it doesn't really matter in this case. If he's innocent, then he should keep proclaiming it.

COOPER: Karl Rominger, I appreciate you being on. Jason Carroll, Michael Boni, and Mark Geragos as always. Thank you very much.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2866 on: October 09, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/08/pmt.01.html
PIERS MORGAN TONIGHT

Romney Blasts Obama on the Middle East; Nate Silver on Horserace; Romney's Surge with Women; George Zimmerman's Mother Speaks; Alabama Student Killed

Aired October 8, 2012 - 21:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

MORGAN: Breaking news tonight on the Penn State scandal on the eve of Jerry Sandusky's sentencing. The convicted pedophile and former defensive coordinator is speaking out from jail. Sandusky was convicted in June for sexually abusing 10 boys over 15 years and tomorrow he'll find out whether he'll spend the rest of his life behind bars.

But today, in an extraordinary move, Sandusky released a statement in his own words which aired on Penn State radio. He denies the abuse, blames the victims and proclaims his love for his wife. You've really got to hear this to even try and believe it.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JERRY SANDUSKY, FORMER PENN STATE FOOTBALL COACH: In my heart, I know I did not do these alleged disgusting acts. My wife has been my only sex partner and that was after marriage. Our love continues. The young man who is dramatic, a veteran accuser and always sought attention started everything. He was joined by a well-orchestrated effort of the media, investigators, the system, Penn State, psychologists, civil attorneys and other accusers.

They won. I've wondered what they really won. Attention, financial gain, prestige, will all be temporary.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORGAN: And on and on he whines in similar vein. But frankly, that's enough for me. I don't have the stomach for any more of this and I'm sure you haven't either. Sandusky was convicted of disgusting hideous crimes against young children. Tomorrow he'll be sentenced. And after that, I don't think any of us ever need to hear another word from Jerry Sandusky again.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2867 on: October 09, 2012, 09:44:23 AM »

no live twitter feeds?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2868 on: October 09, 2012, 09:44:46 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/08/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Backpack of Missing Girl Found; Jerry Sandusky Speaks Out

Aired October 8, 2012 - 19:00   ET

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Jane Velez-Mitchell coming up next.

KYRA PHILLIPS, HLN ANCHOR: We`ll be back tomorrow night.
Also tomorrow, Jerry Sandusky`s sentencing and guess what? We have just gotten in, this is more breaking news. We have just gotten in some new information on the eve of his sentencing. It appears that the former Penn State coach is talking. He is still defending his innocence and guess what? He is blaming the victims.

This is audio that was just released moments ago. It`s just coming in. Remember, this is a man convicted of 45 counts of child sex abuse. His sentencing is tomorrow. And we understand that he has just spoken and that we have the audio. Do we have the audio and can we play it now?

Ok. Let`s listen.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: This audio, we`re putting it together and we`re going to play it. But Jon Leiberman, we are both reading what he says. And it`s absolutely outrageous that on the eve of his sentencing, now we`re hearing that he`s blaming the victims.

JON LEIBERMAN, HLN CONTRIBUTOR: My blood is boiling right now. That`s what I just said to you because I have interviewed so many sex abuse victims who don`t deserve -- let me read you a little bit of what Sandusky says. He`s blaming the first young man who testified. He`s saying, "A young man who was dramatic, a veteran accuser and always sought attention, started everything. He was joined by a well-orchestrated effort of the media, investigators, the system, Penn State, psychologists, civil attorneys and other accusers. He`s blaming everybody and taking no responsibility for being the monster he is."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And he is the ego maniac he always was.

Wendy Murphy, this is a part of his remarks. "I am responding to the worst loss of my life." This is the first thing he has to say. He is still self-obsessed, Wendy. All the lives he ruined. And he is saying here, "Why have so many people suffered as a result of false allegations?" He`s pretending that others have suffered because of false allegations. They`ve suffered because of his behavior.

WENDY MURPHY, FORMER PROSECUTOR: You know, right, so I don`t feel outrage so much as I feel like I should laugh out loud and roll my eyes. This guy may be setting up a post-conviction insanity defense. I don`t know what the hell he`s doing. This is going to get him nothing.

Mind you, he`s got like 480 years behind bars he`s facing so he doesn`t really stand to lose very much by making up more nonsense. To me, what he`s trying to do by all of this, I think, is to threaten -- I think the purpose here is to threaten some of the people that he knows know more about what was going on.

Remember, there`s a new story from just a couple of weeks ago that he was involved in a tri-state pedophile ring with little kids. You read the Huffington Post --

(CROSSTALK)
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, well -- you know, let me say this Wendy. I do have no confirmation of that. But I will tell you that on the other side of the break we`re going to hear from Jerry Sandusky in his own words. We`ve cued up the audio. It`s just been released. Stay right there.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JERRY SANDUSKY, CONVICTED OF SEXUAL ABUSE: They can take away my life. They can make me out as a monster. They can treat me as o monster. But they can`t take away my heart. In my heart, I know I did not do these alleged, disgusting acts. My wife has been my only sex partner and that was after marriage. Our love continues.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You are hearing, as we are for the first time, this breaking news, Jerry Sandusky speaking out from behind bars on the eve of his sentencing -- the former Penn State coach still proclaiming his innocence and even blaming the victim. He is convicted of 45 counts of child sex abuse and could be sentenced tomorrow for the rest of his natural life -- the rest of his life in prison.

Let`s listen to more as we`re just getting it in of Jerry Sandusky, convicted -- convicted of 45 counts involving pedophilia, to his statement, apparently talking to somebody on the phone, some news organization from behind bars. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SANDUSKY: The young man who`s dramatic, a veteran accuser and always sought attention started everything. He was joined by a well-orchestrated effort of the media, investigators, the system, Penn State, psychologists, civil attorneys and other accusers. They won. I`ve wondered what they really won. Attention, financial gain, prestige will be temporary.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wow. He`s really playing himself as the victim. How about they`ve won the truth? How about they`ve won justice? How about they`ve won some kind of closure for the abuse that they suffered?

Wendy Walsh, psychologist, as you hear his voice what I hear is a ginormous pity party and often when people do the worst things somehow they convince themselves that they`re still the victims.

Wendy.

WENDY WALSH, PSYCHOLOGIST (via telephone): -- of the statements of O.J. Simpson immediately after his trial. You know, what I hear here is somebody not really talking to us. He`s talking to potential inmates. Remember, he`s going to be in a very unsafe place for the rest of his life. If he can blame the man, if he can blame the system, if he can blame everybody else and keep proclaiming his innocence, then maybe they won`t think he`s a pedophile who is a very vulnerable person, by the way, in a jailhouse.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. And he brings his wife into this. Dottie Sandusky, you remember that one young man testified that he was downstairs in the basement of the Sandusky home screaming for help and he was hoping somebody, because he thought that Dottie was upstairs, would hear him.

Let`s listen to what Jerry Sandusky says on the eve of his sentencing from behind bars to a local reporter just coming out now.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SANDUSKY: They can take away my life. They can make me out as a monster. They can treat me as a monster but they can`t take away my heart. In my heart, I know I did not do these alleged, disgusting acts. My wife has been my only sex partner and that was after marriage. Our love continues.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You will hear more of Jerry`s disturbing message tomorrow right here because this is the day that this convicted pedophile is going to be sentenced -- tomorrow. So stay right here for that.

Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, his attorney said that he had been working on a statement that he plans to read in court. But if he`s saying this the day before court, isn`t the judge going to possibly get wind of this and be even less forgiving and harsher at sentencing?

MURPHY: Yes. But he must have a sense of where the judge is going and he decided this couldn`t hurt him. I mean look, he`s an old guy. He faces almost 500 years behind bars. The judge -- he must have wind that the judge was going to give him 420 and it doesn`t hurt for him to do this. He`s not going to lose anything.

Look, the guy is a low life. His wife is a low life -- she deserves him. They deserve each other. Remember she`s the one who testified she didn`t hear the kid screaming. We know she did. We know what this guy did.

(CROSSTALK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, wait a second. Wendy. Wendy, Wendy. Wendy. My gosh, we can`t say that. A person who`s married to somebody like this may be deceived. You might say that they lived perhaps with their blinders on but you certainly can`t say there`s absolutely no indication that Dottie -- there`s no proof -- she`s not charged with anything. There`s no proof that she knew anything.

Jon Leiberman --

MURPHY: I believe the kids. You say what you want. It`s your show. I believe the kids. He says they can`t take away his heart. He`s right about that Jane, because he doesn`t have one. That guy`s a piece of -- I wish I could say what he`s a piece of.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. You can`t. Ok. Wendy, thank you. Yes Jon, last word.

LEIBERMAN: Two things. Number one, you could tell he spent a lot of time on that statement. He was reading it. He`s going to have a lot of time to spend on many more of these statements when he gets 400-plus years tomorrow. He`s going to have nothing but time sitting in jail.

And if you read the whole statement, he`s using his wife now as kind of a compassionate figure. He`s saying, when we couldn`t have kids, we adopted. When we didn`t have time to prepare for a trial, we still gave it our best. He`s saying "we".

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And remember, one of those adopted kids said after the jury went to deliberate that he, too, was a victim.

More on the other side.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #2869 on: October 09, 2012, 10:29:44 AM »

There is a audio recording on this site of this POS spewing his garbage yesterday!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--jerry-sandusky-releases-audio-statement-on-eve-of-sentencing-hearing.html

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2870 on: October 09, 2012, 10:39:28 AM »

Sandusky Sentenced to 30 to 60 Years in Prison
By Sophia Pearson on October 09, 2012

Jerry Sandusky, the ex-Pennsylvania State University assistant football coach convicted of sexually abusing children, was sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison, concluding a prosecution that tarnished the school’s image and led to the firing of head coach Joe Paterno.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-10-09/sandusky-sentenced-to-30-to-60-years-in-prison
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2871 on: October 09, 2012, 11:15:19 AM »

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444024204578046363913695822.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
Sandusky Sentenced to 30 to 60 Years
October 9, 2012

BELLEFONTE, Pa.—Former Pennsylvania State University football coach Jerry Sandusky was sentenced to 30 years to 60 years in prison for charges of child sex abuse that involved 10 boys and spanned a decade and a half.

Legal observers said the sentence ensures that Mr. Sandusky, 68 years old, will almost certainly spend the rest of his life in a state prison. He had faced a minimum of 10 years and a maximum of more than 200 years. Experts said the chances of Mr. Sandusky successfully appealing his conviction is remote.
"The tragedy of this crime is that it's a story of betrayal," Judge Cleland said before handing down the sentence. "Those who have never encountered a pedophile can hardly begin to understand the anguish of those who have been so expertly deceived….The crime is not only what you did to their bodies but what you did to their psyches and souls."

Judge Cleland said to Mr. Sandusky, "When I say to you that you're sentenced to spend not less than 30 years to 60 years in prison, that has the unmistakable impact of saying clearly 'for the rest of your life.' "
Penn State President Rodney Erickson released a statement saying that the university's thoughts were with the victims.

"While today's sentence cannot erase what has happened, hopefully it will provide comfort to those affected by these horrible events and help them continue down the road to recovery," the statement said.
In seeking leniency, Sandusky attorney Joe Amendola said his client had been a generous father figure to many young people. "We have a gentleman who by many accounts of his neighbors, his friends and his co-workers and former football players was a generous, kind, giving person who always only wanted to help people."

Mr. Amendola continued: "I think it's important that there's another side to Mr. Sandusky. I'm asking the court to take into consideration that side, the positive side of Mr. Sandusky."

Mr. Amendola also called the sentence "reasonable, given the number and the gravity of the offenses." He added that Mr. Sandusky now wants to begin his appeal.
 ::snipping2::Mr. Amendola attempted to portray Mr. Sandusky as the victim of troubled young men who had gotten into scrapes with the law and were taking advantage of his generosity or who planned to seek monetary damages in civil litigation against Mr. Sandusky and the university.

In the appeal, lawyers for Mr. Sandusky will argue that they didn't have enough time to prepare a defense and that the lead prosecutor on the case prejudiced the jury by saying Mr. Sandusky could have said more in his own defense, according to Karl Rominger, one of Mr. Sandusky's lawyers.

Before the sentencing hearing, Judge Cleland found that "by clear and convincing evidence" that Mr. Sandusky was determined to be a "sexually violent predator," which would impact his monitoring if he were to be paroled.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2872 on: October 09, 2012, 11:17:53 AM »

Live Coverage:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/live-video/

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/livenow?id=8840673&cmp=twi-wpvi-video-8840673

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2873 on: October 09, 2012, 11:54:24 AM »

http://blinkoncrime.com/2012/10/09/convicted-pedophile-jerry-sanduskys-sniveling-mercy-plea-ignored-sentenced-to-60-years/
Convicted Pedophile Jerry Sandusky’s Sniveling Mercy Plea Ignored- Sentenced To 60 Years
October 9, 2012

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2874 on: October 09, 2012, 12:03:20 PM »

I hope Jer lives a long life behind bars.  He needs every day of the minimum 30 yrs to be spent locked away so that he'll understand what prison he put his victims through.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2875 on: October 09, 2012, 12:07:20 PM »

I hope Jer lives a long life behind bars.  He needs every day of the minimum 30 yrs to be spent locked away so that he'll understand what prison he put his victims through.

ITA

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2876 on: October 09, 2012, 04:22:30 PM »

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/victims-4-5-and-6-address-jerry-sandusky-at-sentencing-1151481/
Victims 4, 5 and 6 Address Jerry Sandusky at Sentencing
By Laura Nichols
October 9, 2012

Victim 4 will never forgive Jerry Sandusky, Victim 5 is haunted by nightmarish images and Victim 6 describes his emotional wounds as deep and painful.
Before delivering his statement and being sentenced on Monday, Jerry Sandusky faced three of his victims again, and probably for the last time. Each man, deprived of childhood's innocence, talked about how his life was forever changed by the 68-year-old man who smirked, clad in a red jumpsuit, and slumped in his seat inside the courthouse.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2877 on: October 09, 2012, 04:24:39 PM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/10/in_appeal_jerry_sanduskys_lawy.html
In appeal, Jerry Sandusky's lawyer likely to testify that he was ineffective
By Sara Ganim, The Patriot-News
October 9, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2878 on: October 09, 2012, 06:07:32 PM »

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Dottie-Sandusky-Very-Sad-173366491.html
Dottie Sandusky is "Very Sad"
October 9, 2012

Dottie Sandusky wiped tears from her eyes as her husband, Jerry Sandusky was told he will spend a minimum of 30 years in prison. Sandusky was sentenced for sexually abusing young boys and some of that abuse occurred while he was the defensive coordinator for Penn State's football team under legendary coach Joe Paterno.

"Dottie's very sad," defense attorney Karl Rominger told NBC10's Katy Zachry.

"She knew going into this that he wasn't coming back out of prison, likely, unless we win an appeal, for the rest of their lives. So she's very upset."

Jerry Sandusky will start serving his sentence at Camp Hill prison just outside of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

All male prisoners in the state go there first to be processed and assessed.

He could stay there or be transferred to another state facility. Either way, it's likely that Dottie will be able to visit her husband at least once a week.

Visiting rules vary by institution, but all visits last at least an hour and facilities generally allow two or three visits a week. Inmates can have up to 40 people on their visiting list.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2879 on: October 09, 2012, 07:59:37 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/10/09/prison-sentence-doesnt-end-sandusky-saga-at-penn-state/1623335/
Prison sentence doesn't end Sandusky saga at Penn State
October 9, 2012

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.