March 18, 2024, 07:57:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1001237 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2880 on: October 10, 2012, 08:04:13 AM »

No, it doesn't end the saga nor does it diminish the anguish of the victims and their families.  Get a grip news people, it's not all about Penn State.

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2881 on: October 10, 2012, 05:08:30 PM »

Jerry Sandusky delivers one final hateful, haunting response to his victims
10/09/'12

::snipping2::

Sandusky stood and spoke for about 15 minutes, and this setup was exactly what he wanted. He didn't take the stand at his trial, when he would have faced the wrath of deputy attorney general Joseph McGettigan on cross-examination. He's refused to sit for an interview with the media in recent months, where facts and pointed questions would unravel him. He already fumbled through a brief, impromptu session with Bob Costas where exact details weren't even broached.

No, this was perfect. Sandusky's was the final voice at the hearing, so he would talk and everyone would listen. Sandusky was in control, staring right at the judge about to condemn him, his words floating over a courtroom packed with the victims and the damn cops who finally got him, rows of reporters taking down every word.

No rebuttals. No tackles. Touchdown Jerry in practice red.

Jerry Sandusky was sentenced to at least 30 years in prison for molesting children. (Reuters)There was no acknowledgement of Sandusky's crimes, no apologies to the victims, no signs that he cared or even understood the path of destruction he left in his wake here. Sandusky maintained his innocence and vowed an appeal. Then he flaunted his depravity in open court.

Sandusky dismissed everything presented, every shred of evidence, every emotional witness-stand session. Three of his former victims mustered the courage to come and address him directly, and he responded with a dismissive smirk as he sat hunched over the defense table. Another victim came to the hearing and had a statement read by McGettigan.

The coach had a strategy, a two-part game plan and he was executing it. On Monday, Amendola instructed him that a sentencing hearing wasn't the time or place to attack witnesses and argue innocence. If he tried, Judge John Cleland would silence him on the spot.

Within hours, a pre-taped audio statement from jail was conveniently playing on Penn State's ComRadio. It allowed him to condemn the system, label everything a conspiracy and beg those with "the courage to listen" to "evaluate the accusers and their families." He then promptly did it for them, of course, labeling his victims as greedy, dishonest, disloyal, poor, trashy, troubled liars.

"An insult to human decency," McGettigan called Sandusky's statement.

"Like all conspiracy theories, it flows from the undeniable to the unbelievable," Judge Cleland scolded.

"You tried to attack us as if we had done something wrong," Victim No. 4 said to him directly. "You have no morals."

Another unwitting assault finished, Sandusky switched tactics for the second part of his plan.

Over and over he spoke about the good times of his life, the good visions of the past and about how no conviction, no sentence, no little isolated prison cell could take those memories from him. He spoke of saying that a friend had provided him a helpful saying to reflect on as he sits in a cell: "It doesn't matter what you look at, it's what you see."

"I look at those walls and I see light," Sandusky joyously declared. "I see letters of support, I see great memories. I see family and friends. I see those who overcame big obstacles."

You can't touch me, he was saying. You can't hurt me after I've lived such a righteous existence. These bars and walls and razor wire are powerless to that. Then, worst of all, he said he would remember more.

He would remember the kids.

"I see my throwing thousands of kids up in the air, hundreds of water balloon battles, happy times, people laughing with us," Sandusky said. "I see kids laughing and playing, and I see a loveable dog licking their face."

For decades, Sandusky used every manipulative trick to molest young boys, and he was trying the same here. To bring up his ruse of tossing prepubescent boys into the air – one of his first moves grooming new victims in the pool at the Second Mile camp for disadvantaged children that McGettigan calls a "victim factory" – was particularly cruel.   ::snipping2:: 

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--jerry-sandusky-delivers-one-final-hateful--haunting-response-to-his-victims.html
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2882 on: October 10, 2012, 05:24:30 PM »

Jerry Sandusky's pension is under review, could be revoked
10/09/'12

Pennsylvania’s public employee pension system says it will review the status of Jerry Sandusky’s pension now that he has been sentenced in the child sexual abuse scandal.

A spokeswoman for the State Employees’ Retirement System says the agency will decide whether Sandusky’s conviction on 45 sexual abuse counts has triggered forfeiture of his pension. The former Penn State assistant football coach was sentenced Tuesday to at least 30 years in prison.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/10/jerry_sanduskys_pension_is_und.html
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2883 on: October 11, 2012, 12:15:51 PM »

Revealed: How delusional Sandusky and his wife wrote letters to judge trying to blame their own SON for Penn State coach's disgrace
10/11/'12

Jerry Sandusky and his wife sent letters to the judge before the former football coach's conviction blaming their own son for their humiliation.

The 68-year-old, who sexually abused 10 boys while coach at Penn State University, claimed that he gave up his plan to defend himself when his adopted son Matt 'switched sides'.

The Sanduskys said they were victims of a mass conspiracy in letters to the judge at the Centre County courts in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, revealed today

Although Matt never testified, he told investigators that Sandusky had molested him, too, as the prosecution's case wound up.

Sandusky wrote: My trust in people, systems and fairness has diminished. In my heart I know I did not do these disgusting acts. However, I didn't tell the jury. Our son changed our plans when he switched sides.'

Jerry's wife Dottie joined her husband in verbally attacking their son, now 33.

She wrote: 'People need to know what kind of person he is. We have forgiven him many times for all he has done to our family, thinking that he was changing his life, but he would always go back to his stealing and lies.

'He has been diagnose (sic) Bipolar, but he refuses to take his medicine.'

Matt's relationship with the couple, who officially adopted him when he was 18, fell apart as the trial came to an end.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2216070/Sandusky-letters-judge-wife-accused-victims-lying-complex-conspiracy.html
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2884 on: October 11, 2012, 05:39:10 PM »

State pension board seizes Jerry Sandusky's pension
10/10/'12

The State Employees Retirement System has notified Jerry Sandusky by letter today that his retirement pension will be forfeited as a result of his conviction on certain sex crimes committed after September 2004.

The decision rests on a SERS analysis that Sandusky remained a de facto employee of Penn State in the years after his 1999 retirement, and was in a position to commit the crimes in question because of that relationship.

The 2004 date is relevant because that is when the state's pension forfeiture act was amended to include sex crimes committed against a student by a school employee.

The decision means that Sandusky will lose a monthly check worth $4,908. His wife Dottie, would also lose a benefit check worth half of that in the event that she survives him.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/10/state_pension_board_seizes_jer.html
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2885 on: October 11, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »

State pension board seizes Jerry Sandusky's pension
10/10/'12

The State Employees Retirement System has notified Jerry Sandusky by letter today that his retirement pension will be forfeited as a result of his conviction on certain sex crimes committed after September 2004.

The decision rests on a SERS analysis that Sandusky remained a de facto employee of Penn State in the years after his 1999 retirement, and was in a position to commit the crimes in question because of that relationship.

The 2004 date is relevant because that is when the state's pension forfeiture act was amended to include sex crimes committed against a student by a school employee.

The decision means that Sandusky will lose a monthly check worth $4,908. His wife Dottie, would also lose a benefit check worth half of that in the event that she survives him.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/10/state_pension_board_seizes_jer.html

::justice2NJ::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2886 on: October 11, 2012, 05:53:56 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/11/us-usa-pennstate-pension-idUSBRE89A02K20121011
Convicted child abuser Jerry Sandusky loses $59,000 annual pension
October 10, 2012

(Reuters) - Former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky, just sentenced to what amounts to life imprisonment in a child sex abuse scandal, has now lost his state pension, worth nearly $59,000 per year, a state document revealed on Wednesday.

The decision by the State Employees Retirement System to revoke his $4,908 monthly pension was unveiled in a letter to Sandusky, 68, dated October 9, the same day he was sentenced in Pennsylvania Common Pleas Court to prison for 30 to 60 years for molesting children.

The move by SERS, a state retirement plan for public employees, means Sandusky loses his entire pension, including a sum to his wife Dottie when he dies, according to the letter first published by the Centre Daily Times of State College, Pennsylvania, where Penn State, a public university, is located.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2887 on: October 11, 2012, 06:01:54 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/10/justice/pennsylvania-sandusky-letters/index.html?hpt=hp_c1
Letters by Sandusky, wife blame everyone else
October 11, 2012

In letters to the judge who would sentence the former coach, the Sanduskys portrayed themselves as virtuous victims of a vast conspiracy. They blamed powerful, image-conscious forces at Penn State University, lying cops, ambitious prosecutors and a scandal-hungry news media.
The couple's letters were mentioned in court on Tuesday but not read aloud. Judge John Cleland and the Centre County courts made them public, and CNN obtained copies.

In them, Jerry Sandusky expressed little sympathy for the 10 boys he was convicted of molesting. As he wrote about their families, he tried to shift the blame, pointing out that the boys came from unstable homes.
"Nobody mentioned the impact of abandonment, neglect, abuse, insecurity and conflicting messages that the biological parents might have had in this," he wrote. He said nothing about the damaged lives and institutions his molestation case left in its wake.
Instead, both Sanduskys wrote that the justice system let them down.
Just as letters to one of the boys he was accused of molesting helped secure his conviction, the letters to the judge all but guaranteed a maximum punishment, legal observers say.

Cleland, who presided over the trial and sentenced Sandusky on Tuesday to 30 to 60 years in prison, noted that others wrote letters as well. But he indicated that he considered only the Sanduskys' letters in handing down a sentence that, for a 68-year-old man, is likely to be a life prison term.

Matt Sandusky, now 33, did not testify for either side, but Jerry Sandusky insists that his adopted son's desertion and potentially damaging testimony kept him from testifying in his own defense.
The Sanduskys spared no one.
"There were so many people involved in the orchestration of this conviction (media, investigators, prosecutors, "the system," Penn State and the accusers.) It was well done. They won!" Jerry Sandusky wrote, as if a tragic court case about molested children was an epic gridiron contest.

"When I thought about how it had transpired, I wondered what they had won," he continued. "I thought of the methods, decisions and allegations. I relived the inconsistencies and dishonest testimonies." He pondered what would happen if the tables were turned.
"What would be the outcome if all the accusers and their families who were investigated?" he wrote. "I knew the answer. All their issues would surface. They would no longer be these poor, innocent people as portrayed."
Dottie Sandusky also wrote of her disappointment, saying she has lost faith in the police and the legal system. "To think that they can lie and get by with the lies. The press has been unbelievable. People who have not met us are writing untruths."
Dottie Sandusky's letter is revealing because she has stood silently by her husband in court. She testified at his trial that she never heard or saw anything strange or sexual going on in the basement of their home, where many of the victims say her husband molested them.
In her letter, she unloaded on her adopted son, Matt.
"People need to know what kind of person he is," she wrote. "We have forgiven him many times for all he has done to our family, thinking that he was changing his life, but he would always go back to his stealing and lies. He has been diagnose (sic) Bipolar, but he refuses to take his medicine."
More...

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2888 on: October 11, 2012, 06:27:13 PM »

I'm so glad to read that he's lost his pension.  Now Dottie can go get a job as a Walmart greeter so that she can send a little money to Jer each month for goodies. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2889 on: October 11, 2012, 11:28:28 PM »

I'm so glad to read that he's lost his pension.  Now Dottie can go get a job as a Walmart greeter so that she can send a little money to Jer each month for goodies. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2890 on: October 12, 2012, 09:53:09 PM »

Dottie's Letter: (read at link in article)

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Dottie-Jerry-Sandusky-Letter-Judge-Matt-Bipolar-173705481.html
Dottie Sandusky: Jerry's No Monster; Matt's Bipolar
In a letter to the judge after her husband's conviction on 45 counts of child sex abuse, Dottie Sandusky, says Jerry is no monster, and that people need to understand what kind of person their son Matt is. Matt accused Jerry of abusing him as a boy.
October 12, 2012

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2891 on: October 13, 2012, 06:07:54 AM »

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Dottie-Jerry-Sandusky-Letter-Judge-Matt-Bipolar-173705481.html
In a letter to the judge after her husband's conviction on 45 counts of child sex abuse, Dottie Sandusky, says Jerry is no monster, and that people need to understand what kind of person their son Matt is. Matt accused Jerry of abusing him as a boy.
October 12, 2012

What a sick delusional couple Jerry and Dottie are...it wasn't them..it was everyone else..even their own adopted son's fault..never did they once expression sorrow or regret for his actions..just placing the blame on everyone else and the victims.
What heartless predators they make as a couple..in their 60's and still no personal responsibility for any of their actions.  They deserve each other.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2892 on: October 13, 2012, 01:26:14 PM »

October 12, 2012

What a sick delusional couple Jerry and Dottie are...it wasn't them..it was everyone else..even their own adopted son's fault..never did they once expression sorrow or regret for his actions..just placing the blame on everyone else and the victims.
What heartless predators they make as a couple..in their 60's and still no personal responsibility for any of their actions.  They deserve each other.

BBM

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2893 on: October 13, 2012, 01:28:03 PM »

http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/2758808-74/state-sandusky-pension-board-convicted-maiale-officials-penn-public-retirement#axzz29CTCb1Yw
Jerry Sandusky’s $4,900 monthly pension is revoked by state retirement system
October 11 2012

Convicted pedophile Jerry Sandusky lost his state pension on the day a judge sentenced him to prison, a state spokeswoman confirmed Thursday.

Sandusky, 68, retired in 1999 as an assistant football coach at Penn State University. His benefits through the State Employees’ Retirement System totaled about $59,000 a year.

State officials informed Sandusky that they ended his retirement payments, citing a state pension forfeiture law, SERS board Chairman Nicholas J. Maiale said. The rule halts state-funded pensions for public school employees convicted of sex crimes against a student or students.

A Centre County jury convicted Sandusky in June on 45 criminal counts, finding him guilty of sexually abusing 10 boys over 15 years. Judge John Cleland sentenced him Tuesday in Bellefonte to 30 to 60 years in a state prison.

Maiale, in a prepared statement, said Sandusky has 30 days to respond to the decision.

Lawyers representing Sandusky said he would fight any effort to block his pension. The state does not appear to have legitimate grounds to end his payments, defense attorney Karl Rominger has said.

He said Sandusky’s “alleged victims” were not Penn State students. Penn State is not a public school as defined in the relevant state statute, Rominger argued.

SERS has said Sandusky could keep more than $900,000 in pension payments he collected between his 1999 retirement and September 2012. State law does not enable SERS to seek money paid before the date of a conviction or plea.

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2894 on: October 13, 2012, 02:30:45 PM »

10/11/'12 ::snipping2::  Matt Sandusky's lawyers released this statement:

"Matt is extremely disappointed that Dottie and the Sanduskys have decided to smear his character in attempt to deflect attention from Jerry Sandusky's heinous crimes. Matt has shown tremendous courage and strength.

"Rather than supporting her son when he made the gut-wrenching and courageous decision to come forward and tell the truth about the abuse he suffered at the hands of Jerry Sandusky, Dottie Sandusky has chosen to continue Jerry’s strategy of blaming and attacking the victims, thereby perpetuating the abuse."

Justine Andronici and Andrew Shubin, along with the law firm of Ross Feller Casey, LLP, represent Matt Sandusky and other victims of Jerry Sandusky's sexual abuse.   ::snipping2::

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/10/post_446.html
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2895 on: October 14, 2012, 03:30:44 PM »

I don't agree with Nancy Eshelman.  JMHO  I think more like *Chesire Cat does, in the comments.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/10/nancy_eshelman_taking_sandusky.html
Nancy Eshelman: Taking Jerry Sandusky's pension is like kicking a dead horse
October 14, 2012

Comments

*CheshireCat
fedup78 - please note the final sentence of the ERISA law, "The only exception under PA law is if the pension is forfeited under the Public Employee Pension Forfeiture Act." Access psers.state.pa.us. Click on "Employers" at the end of the top menu. In the drop-down menu click on "Employerpedia." Then click on "Pension Forfeiture." Then click on "Pension Forfeiture Act - Act 2004-86 Information." 

The last stipulation "the following crimes when committed by a school employee against a student: rape, statutory sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, sexual assault, aggravated indecent assault, indecent assault, and indecent exposure" renders him ineligible for his pension. As to Mrs. Sandusky's rights, that's for the courts to decide.ourcounty-2 likes this.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2896 on: October 16, 2012, 12:30:04 PM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/10/penn_state_official_tim_curley.html
Penn State official Tim Curley to continue on paid leave until June, university says
October 15, 2012

Former Penn State athletic director Tim Curley, who has been on paid leave since he was charged with perjury and failure to report a crime in the Jerry Sandusky case, will continue to receive a paycheck from the university until June.
University spokesperson David La Torre told The Patriot-News Monday that Penn State notified Curley "that it will not renew his contract when it expires in June. Due to this being a personnel matter, we cannot comment further."

His pay has been a matter of controversy since an internal report done by former FBI director Louis Freeh found that Curley, retired vice president Gary Schultz - who is also charged - fired President Graham Spanier and the late football coach Joe Paterno, and actively concealed allegations of sex abuse about Sandusky in 1998 and 2001.

New President Rodney Erickson has been saying that paid leave would be reviewed since the Freeh findings were released.

Schultz retired shortly after being charged, and is not getting a paycheck.

Comments
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 12:32:11 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2897 on: October 16, 2012, 12:31:54 PM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/10/pa_house_blocks_resolution_for.html
Pa. House blocks resolution for federal investigation into Sandusky case
October 15, 2012

A Pennsylvania House resolution seeking a federal investigation of the Jerry Sandusky case appears to be dead for the current legislative session after Republicans blocked another effort to bring it to a vote.

Supporters want the U.S. attorney’s office to look into whether the three-year probe of allegations against the former Penn State assistant football coach took too long and put children’s safety at risk

Comments

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2898 on: October 16, 2012, 12:36:41 PM »

chronicle.com/article/Why-I-Resigned-the-Paterno/134944/
Why I Resigned the Paterno Chair
By Michael Bérubé
October 15, 2012

Comments

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2899 on: October 18, 2012, 04:05:32 AM »

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/marketplace/law_tv/sandusky-book-profits-likely-covered-by-son-of-sam-law_7936899
Sandusky book profits likely covered by Son of Sam law
Convicted child abuser won’t profit from book

October 17, 2012

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.