April 27, 2024, 06:32:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1007698 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #440 on: December 03, 2011, 11:13:34 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/03/sports/ncaafootball/at-center-of-penn-state-scandal-sandusky-tells-his-own-story.html
Center of Penn State Scandal, Sandusky Tells His Own Story
By JO BECKER
December 3, 2011

The former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, in his first extended interview since his indictment on sexual abuse charges last month, said Coach Joe Paterno never spoke to him about any suspected misconduct with minors. Mr. Sandusky also said the charity he worked for never restricted his access to children until he became the subject of a criminal investigation in 2008.
The failure by Mr. Paterno to act more aggressively after being told in 2002 that Mr. Sandusky had molested a 10-year-old boy in the showers of the university’s football building played a role in Mr. Paterno’s firing last month after 62 years at Penn State. Mr. Sandusky, in the interview, said that Mr. Paterno did not speak to him or confront him over the accusation, despite the fact that Mr. Sandusky had been one of his assistant coaches for three decades and was a regular presence at the football team’s complex for years after the 2002 episode.

Mr. Sandusky, in a nearly four-hour interview over two days this week, insisted he had never sexually abused any child, but he confirmed details of some of the events that prosecutors have cited in charging him with 40 counts of molesting young boys, all of whom came to know Mr. Sandusky through the charity he founded, known as the Second Mile.
More... (3 pg. article)
Video at link

As a charity is this a normal thing to do?

Mr. Sandusky said he regularly gave money to the disadvantaged boys at his charity, opened bank accounts for them, and gave them gifts that had been donated to the charity.

This, among other things just don't seem to be right imo. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #441 on: December 03, 2011, 11:14:50 AM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/12/alleged_victims_lawyer_raises.html
Alleged victim's lawyer raises questions about Jerry Sandusky's dinner 'reunion' of Second Mile kids
December 3, 2011

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #442 on: December 03, 2011, 01:03:38 PM »

The more that comes out about this case the more convinced I am that Ray Gricar was going to come clean about what he knew when he retired and it got him killed.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: December 03, 2011, 06:01:37 PM »

The more that comes out about this case the more convinced I am that Ray Gricar was going to come clean about what he knew when he retired and it got him killed.

It's certainly getting more interesting, isn't it?  I just wonder how deep it all goes?  How much money and how many reputations are involved?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: December 03, 2011, 06:04:44 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/report-sandusky-talks-paterno-case-15078602
Accuser's Lawyers: Sandusky Account 'Unconvincing'
December 3, 2011

Interesting comments including this one:

myak23
5:15 AM EST
Dec 03, 2011
Well, it is certainly plausible that all Paterno told Sandusky was that he would never be the head football coach. He may not have told him the reason why. If Paterno didn't tell him the reason why that makes him even more of an accomplice after the facts were revealed to him by McQueary. But, in all of Sandusky's answers to the more detailed circumstances surrounding the alleged molestations, he is clearly dancing around the answers: "I think alot of the kids really reached out for wrestling and hugging." "I tried to reward them sometimes with a little money in hand." "I've had kid after kid after kid who MIGHT say I was a father figure." You can already see the types of answers he will be giving in court when this goes to trial. I give him credit. He's a smart one. He'll probably lip dance his way right out of this.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #445 on: December 03, 2011, 07:28:04 PM »

I don't understand how Sandusky's wife stomachs him. 

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: December 03, 2011, 07:47:19 PM »

I don't understand how Sandusky's wife stomachs him. 

It makes it hard for me to believe she had no clue.  She makes me sick too.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #447 on: December 04, 2011, 09:06:31 AM »

You aren't the only one:

Cyril Wecht: Centre County DA's Disappearance Linked To PSU Scandal

Posted: 5:12 pm EST November 17, 2011

http://www.wpxi.com/news/29798108/detail.html

PITTSBURGH -- Dr. Cyril Wecht, well-known forensic pathologist, said he believes the disappearance of a Centre County District Attorney is somehow linked to the Penn State sex abuse scandal.

"I believe that his disappearance is almost certainly related to this Penn State debacle," Wecht said.

Ray Gricar disappeared in 2005 and was declared dead earlier this year.

"You've got his car being found, locked with cellphones inside. The computers found and the hard drive is found there in the river. The body is never found," Wecht said. "Looks to me like it was staged."

And then there is this:

Could this be Ray Gricar? Utah authorities trying to identify John Doe mystery prisoner

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/07/could_this_be_ray_gricar.html

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: December 04, 2011, 09:39:30 AM »

I've started a thread for Ray Gricar in the Missing and Exploited Forum here at SM.  He's been declared dead, but I think there's enough interest among us for further investigation and discussion, given the Sandusky probe and allegations at PSU.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12469.msg1493963#msg1493963
Former DA Ray Gricar Reported Missing 4/16/05 - Sandusky Probe Raises Questions

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: December 04, 2011, 09:50:59 AM »

Jerry Sandusky needs a Fine lesson in keeping his mouth shut amid Penn State sex scandal

Every time Sandusky opens his mouh, he acts as if he wants to bring Penn State down with him

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Saturday, December 3 2011, 9:30 PM

The amazing thing about Jerry Sandusky, who doesn’t shut up because the glorified ambulance chaser who represents him keeps encouraging him to talk, is that he thinks he is the one who gets to act offended by what has happened at Penn State since the world found out what he is accused of doing with young boy after young boy.

Now Sandusky talks to the New York Times over two days this past week, after talking to Bob Costas a couple of weeks ago on television. And, according to Jo Becker’s reporting, Sandusky grows animated when asked about what has happened since the light found him and the grand jury report about him, the way a light finds a cockroach.

Except cockroaches generally try to hide once they come into the light. Not Jerry Sandusky.

“I don’t think it was fair,” Sandusky is quoted as saying on the subject of Paterno and Penn State.

Sandusky is clearly talking about all of it: The firings of Paterno and Penn State president Graham Spanier, the legal difficulties of former athletic director Tim Curley and former school vice president Gary Schultz. “Unfair,” Sandusky says. But every time he opens his mouth — at the urging of his lawyer, Joseph Amendola — he acts as if he wants to bring the whole school down on top of him. And them.

If he hasn’t done that already.

At least Bernie Fine, the Syracuse assistant coach accused of child molestation by three young men, has had the good sense — at least so far — not to give the kind of interviews that Sandusky has given to NBC first and now the Times. This doesn’t mean that Fine is innocent, doesn’t mean that ESPN and the Syracuse Post Standard covered themselves with glory in their handling of the Fine story, because they sure did not. Not in 2002 and 2003 and not now.

And three years later the administration at Syracuse University, when presented with the accusations against Fine, did no better than Penn State did after the first questions were raised about Sandusky. Now the chancellor of that school, Nancy Cantor, wants to tell everybody all about it. Cantor could be fired soon the way Spanier was at Penn State.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/jerry-sandusky-a-fine-lesson-keeping-mouth-shut-penn-state-sex-scandal-article-1.986417#ixzz1fZrTDb3q

::snipping2::
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #450 on: December 04, 2011, 09:57:16 AM »

I've started a thread for Ray Gricar in the Missing and Exploited Forum here at SM.  He's been declared dead, but I think there's enough interest among us for further investigation and discussion, given the Sandusky probe and allegations at PSU.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12469.msg1493963#msg1493963
Former DA Ray Gricar Reported Missing 4/16/05 - Sandusky Probe Raises Questions

Thanks MuffyBee, it is definitely something to look into.  I will dig in after church and chores.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #451 on: December 04, 2011, 11:20:57 AM »

Sandusky's brain is overpowered by his ego. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: December 04, 2011, 12:13:26 PM »

Sandusky's brain is overpowered by his ego. 

ITA   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: December 04, 2011, 06:34:07 PM »

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/555964/Would-word-of-Sandusky-allegation-have-made-it-to-Altoona-.html?nav=742
Would word of Sandusky allegation have made it to Altoona?
1999 proposal for Sandusky-led football program being questioned

December 4, 2011

A failed proposal in 1999 to bring football to Penn State Altoona would have brought Jerry Sandusky to the campus as the coach. What's not clear is whether Penn State Altoona would have gotten an inkling of a possible stain on Sandusky's reputation.

Based on information in a grand jury presentment, when then-head coach Joe Paterno made the proposal at least four University Park officials knew about an alleged 1998 shower incident involving Sandusky and a boy that was investigated by university police. The officials - Vice President Gary Schultz, counsel Wendell Courtney, police Director Thomas Harmon and detective Ronald Schreffler - were all named in the grand jury's findings in the Sandusky case.

University police - along with State College police - investigated the incident and discussed it with then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar, who decided not to file charges, according to the presentment.

No one apparently gave an initial heads-up about that incident to the local campus, and it seems to be a tossup whether university policies would have alerted Altoona campus officials about the investigation if Sandusky had been hired.

According to Shari Routch, director of university relations for Penn State Altoona, employment records don't follow an employee who bids on a posted job at another Penn State campus.

"However, it is our practice [at the university as a whole] to do detailed reference checks, so any potential issue would surface," Routch said adding that those checks include criminal histories.

"There's no way of knowing" if the process she outlined would have exposed the alleged incident in 1998, she said.

A criminal history doesn't generally include information about investigations that don't lead to formal charges, according to Altoona defense lawyer Tom Dickey.

The Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History glossary says checks include convictions, charges, arrests and indictments but not "intelligence [or] investigative information."

Penn State spokesman Geoff Rushton explained the university's hiring procedures with confidence that concerns about any incident would have been communicated.

"Personnel files may or may not travel with an employee, depending on the unit [department] and what the unit decides," Rushton said in an email.
The university is "one employer," and relies "on an exchange of information among units," he said.

"We do talk with one another and share critical information, whether that is through a file, a reference check or a background check," he said. "There are things that we certainly hope and expect are being communicated that are not necessarily ever found in an employee file."

The reference and background checks follow a protocol and are "thorough," he said.

Since the Sandusky case came to public attention early last month, critics have wondered if the university in 1999 concocted the campus football plan to shift the potential problem away from University Park, while giving Sandusky a "soft landing," as expressed in a recent Mirror editorial.

Allen Meadors, then Penn State Altoona's chief executive officer, doesn't think it is likely that Altoona officials would have found out about the problem, had the plan come to fruition.

"I've seen no one saying they were letting anyone know," he said. "Unless there's somebody other than we know about [who would have passed on the information]."
The exception is Rod Kirsch, senior vice president for development and alumni relations, who conducted the study of financial feasibility that determined there wasn't enough interest at the time to raise the necessary $7 million endowment for a campus football program.

Kirsch, however, said he doesn't know "who, if anyone, within the administration, knew about the 1998 investigation."

"I certainly did not," he said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: December 05, 2011, 04:11:41 PM »

http://philly.citybizlist.com/2/2011/12/5/Howard-A.-Janet-Counsel-for-Sandusky-Victim-6-Sets-Record-Straight-On-Dinner-Defense.aspx
Howard A. Janet, Counsel for Sandusky "Victim 6," Sets Record Straight On "Dinner Defense"
December 5, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: December 05, 2011, 04:14:17 PM »

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Former-Penn-State-coach-Joe-Paterno-had-business-ties-to-Second-Mile-board-members-120511
Report: Paterno had ties to Second Mile
December 5, 2011

Former Penn State head football coach Joe Paterno had close business ties with board members of The Second Mile, the charity that his assistant, accused child molester Jerry Sandusky, allegedly used to recruit his victims, The Daily has learned.
Around the same time a graduate assistant allegedly approached Paterno in 2002 to say he had witnessed Sandusky raping a boy in the locker room showers, Paterno and three fellow investors, including longtime Second Mile board chairman Robert Poole, had just secured financing to build a $125 million luxury retirement community, according to public records.

Paterno also was partners with this team on developing a golf resort and nearby restaurant and inn. He has also partnered with other current and former Second Mile board members on a bottled water company, a coaching website and a chain of convenience stores.

The Second Mile has said in a statement that Sandusky told the charity he was under investigation in 2008 and was immediately removed from programs involving children, although Sandusky didn't resign until last year. In an interview with The New York Times published Saturday, Sandusky said Paterno never confronted him about the accusations.

Officials at the charity would not specify who was notified. But some have questioned whether certain people within the charity knew before 2008, given Paterno's close business and personal relationships -- including dinners and a Bahamas vacation -- with Poole and several other past and present board members.

"I honestly think there was a conversation. I can't believe there wasn't one," fumed one former board member. "To be honest, I think people were worried about what would happen to Penn State and The Second Mile if Jerry Sandusky was found out."

Pinnacle Development, one-half of the developer team that built The Village at Penn State, included Paterno, Poole, William Schreyer -- a Penn State trustee whose daughter is a longtime board member of The Second Mile -- and local developer Philip Sieg.

Each partner stood to make an estimated $590,000 in fees and 15 percent annual interest on an $125,000 initial investment if the project was successful enough to get funding for a second phase.

It wasn't. The Village's nonprofit owner filed for bankruptcy Wednesday. The filing indicated that Pinnacle was never repaid its initial investment, and that $18.8 million was owed to residents who moved out and demanded refunds on their entrance fees.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: December 05, 2011, 04:17:09 PM »

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2011/12/05/2298549/jerry-sanduskys-attorney-says.html
Jerry Sandusky's attorney says interview was chance to meet client
December 5, 2011

Jerry Sandusky’s attorney said Saturday his client’s interview with The New York Times was a way to offer Sandusky’s side to “as many people as possible” and familiarize the public with his client’s inarticulate manner of speaking.

The interview came at the request of the newspaper, said the attorney, Joe Amendola. It was published less than two weeks before Sandusky’s preliminary hearing Dec. 13 on 40 counts of child sex abuse in which Amendola said he can’t offer evidence to refute the charges.

A local attorney who is part of a team representing one of the alleged victims on Saturday criticized Sandusky’s decision to give the interview.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: December 05, 2011, 04:19:33 PM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/12/penn_state_could_pay_millions.html
Penn State could pay millions in lawyer, PR fees from Jerry Sandusky scandal
December 5, 2011

After former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky was arrested on child sexual abuse charges, Penn State University hired two public relations firms and two law firms to its payroll, the Centre Daily Times newspaper reports.

The school hasn’t released information about how much it could end up paying or if any agreements are in place -- as a state-related school Penn State sees itself in a murky area of public records law -- but the Centre Daily Times believes the lawyers’ fees could run into millions of dollars.

At least two lawmakers are drafting legislation to put Penn State, Temple University, the University of Pittsburgh and Lincoln University in the same category as most other public agencies for right-to-know purposes, including the 14 state-owned colleges. Under their revisions, most records pertaining to any transaction or activity by the university would be available to the public. Under current law, Penn State is under no obligation to release documents — if they even exist — concerning a 2002 decision by university administrators to bar Sandusky from bringing children onto campus.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: December 05, 2011, 04:30:34 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500202_162-57336544/sandusky-says-work-has-been-twisted-reporter/
Sandusky says work has been "twisted": reporter
December 5, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: December 05, 2011, 07:41:16 PM »

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/05/9229405-sanduskys-dinner-with-alleged-victims-raises-new-legal-questions
Sandusky's dinner with alleged victims raises new legal questions
By Lisa RiordanSeville and Hannah Rappleye
NBC News
December 5, 2011

A lawyer for one of the alleged victims of Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State football coach who now faces 40 counts of child sex abuse, says Sandusky's long New York Times interview raises new questions about whether he may have attempted to influence witnesses just before he got indicted. NBC's Michael Isikoff reports.

While under investigation by a criminal grand jury for allegedly sexually abusing young boys, Jerry Sandusky said he spoke to and even dined with men now identified as his victims. The 67-year-old former Penn State assistant coach accused of sexually abusing young boys for more than a decade holds up these encounters as proof of his innocence, but a lawyer for at least one of the victims believes they could be criminal.

“One of the questions that raised in my mind, ‘Was this an effort on his part to tamper with witnesses?’” said Howard Janet, a Baltimore attorney representing the man known in the grand jury report of Sandusky as Victim 6. “Was it intended as a way to influence the public or the perspective jury pool?”
Interviews with lawyers and the grand jury report show that in the months that followed, Sandusky made several attempts to contact boys who had participated in the charity he founded -- the Second Mile – and who later testified before the grand jury, prompting Janet to question whether Sandusky tried to sway the outcome of the investigation.

Witness tampering in the state of Pennsylvania is defined as any act with the intent to intimidate a witness or victim to “refrain from reporting a crime, withhold or give false or misleading information, or to ignore or evade requests for information or a summons.”

Under state penal codes, witness tampering is considered equal to the most serious offense a defendant is charged with. Among the charges against Sandusky are multiple first-degree felonies, which carry maximum sentences of up to 20 years in prison.

Sandusky has not been charged with tampering or intimidation of witnesses.
Sandusky confirmed to the The New York Times that he had contacted at least one of his accusers but did so believing he would serve as a character witness. He said he did not know the prosecution had listed the individual as a victim. 
More...
Video at link

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.