March 18, 2024, 09:49:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1001268 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #580 on: December 14, 2011, 02:03:36 PM »

What about Jerry and Dottie's grandson?  Is he a liar too?  Is he after money too?  Dottie is going to stand by her husband while one of the ten victims to file complaints against Jerry is her own grandson?  And the grandson is still a minor.   

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/grandson_accuses_sandusky_76CGzu3khAEzS0LKpZoCWK?utm_campaign=OutbrainA&utm_source=OutbrainArticlepages&obref=obinsource
Grandson accuses Sandusky
November 5, 2011
<snip>
One of the new allegations against accused Penn State pedophile Jerry Sandusky involves his own grandson, his lawyer says.
The complaint against the former football coach was filed with Pennsylvania’s Children and Youth Services by the wife of one of Sandusky’s five adopted sons, the suspect’s lawyer told ABC News.
<snip>

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/the_good_wife_9AZF7Um0dT17P00JpAbRnJ
Sandusky's wife sticks by her man despite abuse charges
By HELEN FREUND in Bellefonte, Pa. and BOB FREDERICKS in New York
December 14, 2011

She’s standing by her “perv.”

Accused Penn State child molester Jerry Sandusky showed up for court yesterday with his dazed-looking wife, Dottie, by his side, vowing to “stay the course, to fight for four quarters.”

A bespectacled Dottie Sandusky, wearing a dressy blue blouse tightly wrapped under a large beige shawl, sat stone-faced with the couple’s four sons and other relatives in the front row of the packed courtroom.

Sandusky — charged with more than 50 counts of sexually abusing 10 boys over a 12-year period — waived his right to a hearing that would have forced his alleged victims to detail their shocking allegations against him.
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: December 14, 2011, 02:08:13 PM »

I believe the sports references in these cases are extremely inappropriate.  These aren't games, they're people lives. I think sports mania is part of the reason Jerry got away with what he did for so long.  JMHO

http://tribune-democrat.com/bigstory/x941119162/Sandusky-waives-hearing-heads-to-trial
Sandusky's attorney: 'This is the biggest game of his life'
December 13, 2011

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #582 on: December 14, 2011, 02:08:45 PM »

What about Jerry and Dottie's grandson?  Is he a liar too?  Is he after money too?  Dottie is going to stand by her husband while one of the ten victims to file complaints against Jerry is her own grandson?  And the grandson is still a minor.   

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/grandson_accuses_sandusky_76CGzu3khAEzS0LKpZoCWK?utm_campaign=OutbrainA&utm_source=OutbrainArticlepages&obref=obinsource
Grandson accuses Sandusky
November 5, 2011
<snip>
One of the new allegations against accused Penn State pedophile Jerry Sandusky involves his own grandson, his lawyer says.
The complaint against the former football coach was filed with Pennsylvania’s Children and Youth Services by the wife of one of Sandusky’s five adopted sons, the suspect’s lawyer told ABC News.
<snip>

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/the_good_wife_9AZF7Um0dT17P00JpAbRnJ
Sandusky's wife sticks by her man despite abuse charges
By HELEN FREUND in Bellefonte, Pa. and BOB FREDERICKS in New York
December 14, 2011

She’s standing by her “perv.”

Accused Penn State child molester Jerry Sandusky showed up for court yesterday with his dazed-looking wife, Dottie, by his side, vowing to “stay the course, to fight for four quarters.”

A bespectacled Dottie Sandusky, wearing a dressy blue blouse tightly wrapped under a large beige shawl, sat stone-faced with the couple’s four sons and other relatives in the front row of the packed courtroom.

Sandusky — charged with more than 50 counts of sexually abusing 10 boys over a 12-year period — waived his right to a hearing that would have forced his alleged victims to detail their shocking allegations against him.

Maybe she'll excuse it as that not really being her grandson.  I mean, his dad is adopted you know.  And that mother of his probably influenced him because she wants money and hates the family, blah, blah, blah.  I'm sure Dottie has lived a lifetime of making excuses for JS's behavior so this isn't new for her.  She's just never had cameras pointed at her while trying to pretend that everything is normal.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #583 on: December 14, 2011, 02:14:02 PM »

http://www.nj.com/njvoices/index.ssf/2011/12/the_suspected_pedophiles_wife.html

Suspected pedophiles' spouses: What's their role?

Not sure I agree with the excuses given in this article.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: December 14, 2011, 02:20:05 PM »

This subject has been visited already a number of times in this thread, and to me, this article basically runs it by us one more time.  Don't expect to find an answer here, because Dottie would be the only one that can answer. For example, my own Mom stayed in denial about my Father's impending death.  He was dying in the hospital from renal failure and complications, including an amputated leg for gangrene, and there was no saving him.  The rest of my family could see it. She was angry because we wanted help from hospice, and she was angry and indignant and told us that was for people that were dying.   However, my Mom was sure they were both "going to walk out of the hospital".  It took a while, but she finally asked 'why could everyone see it but me?"  I think it was a defense mechanism for her.  It was just too much for her to accept.  Maybe that's the way it is for Dottie, I don't know. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: December 14, 2011, 02:23:09 PM »

Not sure I agree with the excuses given in this article.

Kittymom, we were posting the same article at the same time, but I was adding in some commentary.  It's still hard for me to believe just how much my Mom was in denial.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: December 14, 2011, 03:16:52 PM »

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Jerry-Sandusky-Joe-Amendola-shouldnt-say-another-word-until-court-121411
Sandusky should save talk for court
December 14, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: December 14, 2011, 04:34:11 PM »

What?!     Really?  THIS is how they plan to defend Jerry?  Jerry's legal team is going to portray him as "mentally and emotionally" more on par with a teenager? 

morgan.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/14/sanduskys-lawyer-i-believe-that-mentally-and-emotionally-he-is-much-more-on-par-with-a-teenager/?hpt=pm_mid
Sandusky's lawyer: "I believe that mentally and emotionally he is much more on par with a teenager"
December 14, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: December 14, 2011, 05:17:22 PM »

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/12/merck_ceo_decided_to_head_penn.html
Merck CEO decided to head Jerry Sandusky investigation out of gratitude for school
December 14, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: December 14, 2011, 05:31:01 PM »

Here we go-o-o-o!  Joe Amendola, Jerry Sandusky's attorney on Today's Show.  The start of his claim to fame case   

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/12/jerry_sanduskys_attorney_joe_a.html
Jerry Sandusky's attorney, Joe Amendola, defends late waiver of preliminary hearing, his own competency
December 14, 2011

Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: December 14, 2011, 06:49:21 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57343140/penn-st-figures-accused-of-lying-head-to-court/
Penn St. figures accused of lying head to court
December 14, 2011

Tim Curley and Gary Schultz face their own pretrial hearing on Friday in Harrisburg, and although the charges are much different, with far less severe potential penalties, their cases could hinge on a man also expected to be a prime witness against Sandusky: assistant football coach Mike McQueary.
McQueary testified that he happened upon "rhythmic, slapping sounds" in the football team locker room showers in March 2002, and looked in to see a naked boy being sodomized by the former defensive coordinator, according to a grand jury presentment.

McQueary, then a 28-year-old graduate assistant, reported what he saw to then-football coach Joe Paterno, the grand jury said. Paterno called Curley, the university's athletic director, the next day, and a week and a half later McQueary met with Curley and Schultz — who oversaw university police in his position as a vice president.

What precisely was said at those meetings, and what Curley and Schultz did or didn't do afterward is at the heart of the government's case against them.
More...

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #591 on: December 14, 2011, 06:57:17 PM »

What?!     Really?  THIS is how they plan to defend Jerry?  Jerry's legal team is going to portray him as "mentally and emotionally" more on par with a teenager? 

morgan.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/14/sanduskys-lawyer-i-believe-that-mentally-and-emotionally-he-is-much-more-on-par-with-a-teenager/?hpt=pm_mid
Sandusky's lawyer: "I believe that mentally and emotionally he is much more on par with a teenager"
December 14, 2011

Well, if my teenage son was spending an inordinate amount of time "wrestling" and buying presents for younger boys and having them for sleepovers, I would definitely think he had a problem.  This behavior is not normal for a teenager much less a grown man and father figure.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: December 14, 2011, 06:57:57 PM »

Oh, for Pete's sake!!!  An adult wouldn't need to be naked in a shower after hours with a young boy who was also naked to teach the boy hygiene.     Only an attorney on Jerry Sandusky's defense team could think that one up.  It looks like ole' Jer is in deep if this is the direction the defense is going.  Earlier it was that Jerry was "mentally and intellectually" more like a teenager than a man in his 60's.  I find it horrifying if any jurors are going to be that gullible and believe this hogwash.  JMHO

http://www.abc27.com/story/16319215/carlise-attorney-hired-by-sandusky
Attorney: Sandusky may have been teaching kids to shower
Posted December 13, 2011 Updated December 14, 2011

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) -

A Carlisle attorney who has joined Jerry Sandusky's defense team says the former Penn State assistant football coach may have showered with young boys because the children lacked basic hygiene skills.

Sandusky is accused of molesting ten boys he met through The Second Mile charity he founded for troubled youth.

"Some of these kids don't have basic hygiene skills," attorney Karl Rominger said. "Teaching a person to shower at the age of 12 or 14 sounds strange to some people, but people who work with troubled youth will tell you there are a lot of juvenile delinquents and people who are dependent who have to be taught basic life skills like how to put soap on their body."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: December 14, 2011, 07:03:22 PM »

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/mike-mcqueary%27s-wife%3A-%27it%27s-tough%22-121311
Mike McQueary's Wife: 'It's Tough'
Published December 13, 2011
Updated December 14, 2011

BELLEFONTE, Pa. - Fox 29's Bruce Gordon spoke briefly with the wife of Penn State assistant coach Mike McQueary, the Penn State assistant whose testimony is the key to the state's case against Jerry Sandusky and two former Penn State's administrators.
Mike McQueary and his wife, Barbara, were both home, and his wife told Gordon that Mike McQueary was unavailable. But she did speak briefly to Gordon.

“We aren’t able to comment yet,” she said.”

Gordon then asked if the McQuearys had any comments on claims by Joe Amendola, Sandusky's lawyer, that Mike McQueary wasn't truthful in his testimony about a 2002 incident that he witnessed involving Sandusky and a young boy.

“As a lot of people would image it’s tough, but unfortunately we can’t comment,” she said. ‘It’s tough for both of us, hopefully, one day we’ll be able to.”
It is unknown if McQueary will testify at Friday's hearing in Harrisburg involving Tim Curley and Gary Schultz, who face perjury charges for allegedly not recounting McQueary's claims to a grand jury.
Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: December 14, 2011, 07:05:27 PM »

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/14/roundup-of-sex-abuse-allegations-penn-state-the-citadel-syracuse-oklahoma/
Roundup of sex-abuse allegations: Penn State, The Citadel, Syracuse, Oklahoma
December 14, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: December 14, 2011, 08:03:57 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/15/us-crime-coach-pennstate-idUSTRE7BE02720111215
Sandusky lawyer waived preliminary hearing to avoid bail hike
By Dave Warner
December 14, 2011

(Reuters) - The attorney for former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky said on Wednesday that he waived the right to a preliminary hearing in the child sexual abuse case to stop prosecutors from asking for a bail increase that could send his client back to jail.

Sandusky, 67, who faces some 50 counts of abuse, posted $250,000 bail to get out of jail last week and is under house arrest at his State College, Pennsylvania, home monitored by an electronic ankle bracelet.

He was scheduled for a preliminary hearing Tuesday in Common Pleas Court in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, but at the last minute the defense waived its right to the hearing and opted instead to take the case directly to trial sometime next year.

"Jerry doesn't have a whole lot of money left," attorney Joseph Amendola told Reuters.

Sandusky paid his $250,000 bail last week by putting up his house as collateral as well as $50,000 in cash, Amendola said.

The prosecutor intended to raise the bail after the start of the preliminary hearing, at which some of the 10 men who say Sandusky abused them as children were expected to testify, Amendola said.

"He was going to ask the judge to increase the bail," Amendola said of the prosecutor. "I expected it would be substantial."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: December 14, 2011, 08:39:37 PM »

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11348/1196937-100.stm
Sandusky attorney said he cut bail deal with AG
December 14,2011

The attorney for Jerry Sandusky said today that his client waived his preliminary hearing Tuesday as part of an agreement with prosecutors to not raise his bail.

Attorney Joseph Amendola's decision to waive the hearing surprised some legal observers.

In a statement released today, Mr. Amendola said the decision was part of an arrangement with the state attorney general's office, which is prosecuting the case, to keep his bail at $250,000.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: December 14, 2011, 09:09:05 PM »

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11348/1196799-100.stm
Penn State names new vice president to succeed Schultz
December 14, 2011

A Penn State University graduate with experience in higher education and budget issues has been named senior vice president for finance and business, succeeding Gary Schultz, the former administrator charged with perjury and failure to report child abuse in the Jerry Sandusky scandal.
David J. Gray's appointment, announced today, will become effective Feb. 6.
His predecessor, Mr. Schultz, returned to retirement last month after the Sandusky case broke.

Prosecutors say that Mr. Schultz, 62, tried to mislead the grand jury investigating allegations that Mr. Sandusky, the former defensive coordinator for Penn State's football team, molested young boys between 1994 and 2009.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: December 14, 2011, 09:11:25 PM »

This is good news, imo.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/12/tweeting_expected_to_be_allowe.html
Tweeting expected to be allowed at Curley and Schultz preliminary hearings
By Joe Elias, The Patriot-News
December 14, 2011

HARRISBURG — Dauphin County President Judge Todd A. Hoover is expected to issue an order today allowing tweeting, texting and email use during the preliminary hearings Friday of two top Penn State University officials charged as part of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse case.

Dauphin County Common Pleas Court Administrator Carolyn Thompson said the order is expected to be similar to the one issued by a McKean County Senior Judge that allowed for real-time updates by media at Sandusky’s preliminary hearing on Tuesday in Centre County.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: December 14, 2011, 10:22:17 PM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/news/penn-state-trustee-expects-to-complete-probe-by-mid-may-dpgapx-20111214-kh_16389133
Penn State Trustee Expects to Complete Probe by Mid-May
December 14, 2011

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.