March 18, 2024, 08:02:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1001241 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #600 on: December 15, 2011, 01:43:46 AM »

http://www.nj.com/njvoices/index.ssf/2011/12/the_suspected_pedophiles_wife.html

Suspected pedophiles' spouses: What's their role?

Not sure I agree with the excuses given in this article.

Kittymom, we were posting the same article at the same time, but I was adding in some commentary.  It's still hard for me to believe just how much my Mom was in denial.
How long was your dad in the hospital?  My m-i-l had Alzheimers for years and my hubby would excuse her behavior right up the day she died.  I agree with your comments of it being a coping tool.  Even her doctors called it Alzheimers.  Her meds included 3 different types of Alzheimers drugs.  But, if she did something strange in front of people who weren't around her that much hubby would lie about why she was doing it.  When his siblings were around they would have deep discussions on the effects of the drugs on her Alzheimers and what parts of her life she could no longer remember.  The sad part is that it was cancer that took her.  Cancer that she never knew she had because she couldn't remember that she'd gotten it again.  So, as hubby will now say, the Alzheimers was a blessing in disguise.  It took her mind before she could become fearful of her third battle with cancer.

Back to Sandusky. It would be one thing if the abuse was only for a couple of years, but this guy has been abusing kids for many years, in his home.  He had the basement area as the 'room' for visiting boys and even fed them there, per testimony.  After a while, denial gives way to turning a blind eye.  Sort of like knowing your spouse has an alcohol or drug issue.  You suspect for a period of time until you just have to accept that something isn't right.  That questionable behavior can't be ignored forever.  Then you have to decide what you'll do....begin to cover for spouse by calling in sick for him, making excuses to family and friends, or manipulating your finances so that spouse doesn't spend it all on booze or drugs.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #601 on: December 15, 2011, 01:45:48 AM »

What?!     Really?  THIS is how they plan to defend Jerry?  Jerry's legal team is going to portray him as "mentally and emotionally" more on par with a teenager? 

morgan.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/14/sanduskys-lawyer-i-believe-that-mentally-and-emotionally-he-is-much-more-on-par-with-a-teenager/?hpt=pm_mid
Sandusky's lawyer: "I believe that mentally and emotionally he is much more on par with a teenager"
December 14, 2011

WHAT????  Are they going to parade a line of doctors in there to say the guy is a teenager at heart and was just experimenting with his sexuality?  I swear these bottom feeders just make me sick.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #602 on: December 15, 2011, 01:48:28 AM »

Oh, for Pete's sake!!!  An adult wouldn't need to be naked in a shower after hours with a young boy who was also naked to teach the boy hygiene.     Only an attorney on Jerry Sandusky's defense team could think that one up.  It looks like ole' Jer is in deep if this is the direction the defense is going.  Earlier it was that Jerry was "mentally and intellectually" more like a teenager than a man in his 60's.  I find it horrifying if any jurors are going to be that gullible and believe this hogwash.  JMHO

http://www.abc27.com/story/16319215/carlise-attorney-hired-by-sandusky
Attorney: Sandusky may have been teaching kids to shower
Posted December 13, 2011 Updated December 14, 2011

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) -

A Carlisle attorney who has joined Jerry Sandusky's defense team says the former Penn State assistant football coach may have showered with young boys because the children lacked basic hygiene skills.

Sandusky is accused of molesting ten boys he met through The Second Mile charity he founded for troubled youth.

"Some of these kids don't have basic hygiene skills," attorney Karl Rominger said. "Teaching a person to shower at the age of 12 or 14 sounds strange to some people, but people who work with troubled youth will tell you there are a lot of juvenile delinquents and people who are dependent who have to be taught basic life skills like how to put soap on their body."
 ::snipping2::
I would never have believed that 12 people in Fl would let KC Anthony off so I'm afraid that these attys have been tutoring under Bozo on defense strategy. I'm loosing faith in the integrity of mankind.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: December 15, 2011, 06:54:15 AM »

Oh, for Pete's sake!!!  An adult wouldn't need to be naked in a shower after hours with a young boy who was also naked to teach the boy hygiene.     Only an attorney on Jerry Sandusky's defense team could think that one up.  It looks like ole' Jer is in deep if this is the direction the defense is going.  Earlier it was that Jerry was "mentally and intellectually" more like a teenager than a man in his 60's.  I find it horrifying if any jurors are going to be that gullible and believe this hogwash.  JMHO

http://www.abc27.com/story/16319215/carlise-attorney-hired-by-sandusky
Attorney: Sandusky may have been teaching kids to shower
Posted December 13, 2011 Updated December 14, 2011

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) -

A Carlisle attorney who has joined Jerry Sandusky's defense team says the former Penn State assistant football coach may have showered with young boys because the children lacked basic hygiene skills.

Sandusky is accused of molesting ten boys he met through The Second Mile charity he founded for troubled youth.

"Some of these kids don't have basic hygiene skills," attorney Karl Rominger said. "Teaching a person to shower at the age of 12 or 14 sounds strange to some people, but people who work with troubled youth will tell you there are a lot of juvenile delinquents and people who are dependent who have to be taught basic life skills like how to put soap on their body."
I would never have believed that 12 people in Fl would let KC Anthony off so I'm afraid that these attys have been tutoring under Bozo on defense strategy. I'm loosing faith in the integrity of mankind.

BBM
You hit the nail right on the head KittyMom.  It was the jury from Casey Anthony's trial I had in mind when I posted too.  Scary stuff.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: December 15, 2011, 09:57:46 AM »

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/northeast/view/20111215mike_mcqueary_likely_to_testify_in_hearing_for_former_penn_state_administrators/srvc=home&position=recent
Mike McQueary likely to testify in hearing for former Penn State administrators
By Mike Dawson / McClatchy Newspapers
December 15, 2011

(3 pg. article)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: December 15, 2011, 01:14:22 PM »

Deal or no deal?  Joe Amendola, your statement was more than "misleading", imo.  I loved the comment, btw.   

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11348/1196937-100.stm
Sandusky attorney said he cut bail deal with AG
December 14,2011

The attorney for Jerry Sandusky said today that his client waived his preliminary hearing Tuesday as part of an agreement with prosecutors to not raise his bail.

Attorney Joseph Amendola's decision to waive the hearing surprised some legal observers.

In a statement released today, Mr. Amendola said the decision was part of an arrangement with the state attorney general's office, which is prosecuting the case, to keep his bail at $250,000.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/jerry-sandusky-lawyer-joe-amendola-scrambles-defense-penn-state-coordinator-public-article-1.991814?pgno=1
Jerry Sandusky's lawyer Joe Amendola scrambles on defense of former Penn State coordinator
Amendola says his statement to Ann Curry was misleading

BY Teri Thompson & Michael O'keeffe
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Amendola, frequently criticized for allowing Sandusky to sit for what turned out to be awkward interviews with NBC and The New York Times and other unorthodox legal maneuvers, continued to stumble in public when he suggested to Ann Curry on “Today” that prosecutors had agreed not to raise Sandusky’s bail as “concession” for waiving the hearing.
“There was no deal, and there was no quid pro quo,” said Marc Costanzo, a senior deputy attorney general. “We were ready to proceed with our case on Tuesday morning.”

Amendola issued a statement on Wednesday that acknowledged that his statement was misleading. The government, he said, did not offer any concessions if Sandusky skipped the preliminary hearing. “The discussion concerning the waiver of the preliminary hearing was not initiated by the Commonwealth attorney,” the statement said.

But the threat of asking the judge to raise Sandusky’s bail remains a powerful tool for prosecutors, who asked the judge for $1 million bail when Sandusky was arraigned on the 12 latest of his 52 charges.

Amendola, according to Daily News legal analyst Tom Harvey, might have a consideration in mind: If Sandusky, 67, is jailed now, it is possible he would in effect be serving a life sentence if he is convicted at trial.

“Amendola would have a choice,” Harvey said. “He could go to his client and say it (1) would be nice to hear the testimony of any inconsistencies in the testimonies of the victims, or (2) once you go to jail, you may never come out. Let him have the last months of freedom.”

Sandusky is accused of sexually abusing 10 victims during a 15-year period. Additional victims may also come forward.

“Jerry has always said he wants to defend these charges. The hearing would have been a feeding frenzy, they would have heard the worst of the worst of the commonwealth’s witnesses, we would not be able to cross examine them about credibility,” Amendola told NBC. “We had very little to gain and (we got) a lot in return, including unless he violates his bail provisions he’s going to be out of jail helping me prepare his defense until his trial.”
Comments
savingtess

02:51 AM
Dec 15, 2011

as opposed to what, starting the climb from the middle of mount everest? what? do they drop people there from planes? this is the dumbest mother *** lawyer I have seen since boob baez. i don't know I'm just speechless over his lack of credulity.
Report Offensive Post Report Offensive Post
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:18:04 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: December 15, 2011, 03:26:46 PM »

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/report-prosecution-ready-to-proceed-with-curley-schultz-hearings-962076/
Report: Prosecution Ready to Proceed with Curley, Schultz Hearings
By Adam Smeltz
December 15, 2011

Despite public questions about Mike McQueary's credibility, state prosecutors are fully ready to proceed with preliminary hearings Friday for Tim Curley and Gary Schultz, a spokesman told the Allentown Morning Call.

"We're not going to debate unsourced media accounts that infer various things, because none of them are testimony, and none of them are statements made under oath," state Office of Attorney General spokesman Nils Frederiksen told the newspaper.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: December 15, 2011, 03:38:17 PM »

The media is sinking to new lows.  How in the world is a man headed for trial for that includes 10 victims and charged with 52 counts considered "intriguing"?  Child rape is intriguing? 

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/12/no-joke-sandusky-on-people-25-most-intriguing-list-for-2011-people-magazine-penn-state-university-joe-paterno/1
No joke: Sandusky on People's most 'intriguing' list
By Michael McCarthy, USA TODAY
December 15, 2011

Accused child rapist Jerry Sandusky has been named one of the 25 most "intriguing" people of 2011 by People magazine.

The ex-defensive coordinator at Penn State University will be one of 25 personalities featured in a special double issue hitting newsstands Dec. 16, along with Prince William and Kate Middleton, Gabrielle Giffords and Charlie Sheen, according to an announcement today from People.

Sandusky's charged with over 50 counts of sexually abusing kids he met through his Second Mile charity.

The year-end issue will also have a "Hall of Shame." But Sandusky, who cost Nittany Lions coaching legend Joe Paterno his job, is not in it.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: December 15, 2011, 03:40:13 PM »

This comes as no surprise, imo.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bigten/story/2011-12-15/ncaa-probe-sandusky-penn-state/51970630/1
Penn State formally requests more time from NCAA
December 15, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: December 15, 2011, 05:42:19 PM »

http://twitter.com/vinniepolitan

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
Jerry Sandusky's new defense team member says Sandusky was just trying to teach the boys how to bathe in the shower...
3 hours ago

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: December 15, 2011, 06:39:34 PM »

Another "misunderstanding"?  Last time it was a "misunderstanding" about waiving the pre-trial hearing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/jerry-sandusky-lawyer-joe-amendola-scrambles-defense-penn-state-coordinator-public-article-1.991814?pgno=1
Jerry Sandusky's lawyer Joe Amendola scrambles on defense of former Penn State coordinator
Amendola says his statement to Ann Curry was misleading

And now for the latest explanation.  This time it's not a "misunderstanding", but something "taken out of context".   Maybe they saw how much negative feedback there was from their ridiculous statements  it's time for CYA.  JMHO I'm still waiting to see how they explain Jerry as being mentally and intellectually" more like a teen than a 60 year old man.  I've seen no retractions or explanations yet, so maybe they're going to go with that for his defense?!  

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/15/justice/pennsylvania-sandusky/
Sandusky's lawyer says media took showering comments 'out of context'
December 15, 2011

Karl Rominger recently joined the defense team of Jerry Sandusky, who prosecutors say sexually abused 10 young boys over a 14-year period. The 67-year-old former defense coordinator has pleaded not guilty to more than 50 related charges.

Sandusky has admitted showering and having "horsed around" with boys, though he's denied any sexual activity with his accusers.

On Tuesday, Rominger brought up the idea of an adult showering with young children during an interview with CNN affiliate WHTM.

More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: December 15, 2011, 06:47:35 PM »

One of the newer additions to Jerry Sandusky's stable of defense attorneys has already managed to stick his foot in his mouth.  I'm starting to wonder if, when the trial is through and if Jerry is found guilty, if he's going to use the excuse he had poor legal representation as the need for a new trial.   scratch With a defense attorney like this, the prosecutor's job is being made easier, imo.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/15/4125899/sandusky-lawyer-shower-comments.html
Sandusky lawyer: shower comments not about client
December 15, 2011

CARLISLE, Pa. -- An attorney for former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky says his recent comments about some children needing instruction on how to shower did not apply to his client's conduct.

Carlisle attorney Karl Rominger said during an interview with WHTM-TV earlier this week that troubled youths sometimes have to be taught basic life skills "like how to put soap on their body."

Rominger said in a statement Thursday that he only was giving a hypothetical example of why a person might shower with an adolescent. He noted he never said Sandusky touched boys in a shower.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: December 15, 2011, 07:25:25 PM »

Last time I checked, there were 96 comments on this article.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/12/attorney-sandusky-might-have-been-teaching-kids-hygiene/1
Attorney: Sandusky might have been teaching kids hygiene
By Nicole Auerbach, USA TODAY
December 15, 2011

A new lawyer on Jerry Sandusky's legal team offered up an interesting possible explanation for the former Penn State defensive coordinator's habits of showering with young boys.

"Some of these kids don't have basic hygiene skills," attorney Karl Rominger, who recently joined Sandusky's defense team, told Harrisburg's abc27 News Tuesday. "Teaching a person to shower at the age of 12 or 14 sounds strange to some people, but people who work with troubled youth will tell you there are a lot of juvenile delinquents and people who are dependent who have to be taught basic life skills, like how to put soap on their body."

Sandusky has admitted to showering with boys, but claims he has not sexually abused them. Rominger said his college cross country coach often showered with the team.
UPDATE 3:48 pm.: Rominger released a statement Thursday, suggesting his comments were taken out of context.

Rominger's statement:

When answering why a person might be in a shower with a youth, I proposed one hypothetical, such as an adult leading by example and encouraging a youth with bad or poor hygiene to shower regularly.

Some commentators have argued that I am saying that Mr. Sandusky showered with youths and touched them inappropriately for the purpose of teaching them how to shower. That is not what I said.

First, there's no evidence of inappropriate touching in a shower, except for discredited statements from the grand jury presentment. Further, Jerry has maintained his innocence and denies any sexual touching or inappropriate touching in the shower.

Therefore, I would like to clarify that I am not suggesting that this is what happened in this case, but was answering questions about possible motivations an individual might have for an adult to shower with a juvenile.

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #613 on: December 15, 2011, 07:36:23 PM »

Hi Muffybee!! 
I am glad his attorney is a mo mo.. I just hope it doesn't work in his favor EVER!
I find sex crimes against children especially evil because it robs the little victims of so much and Dr Drew has said that trauma at an early age alters the brain and it's chemistry, leaving the victims forever changed and their innocence lost...
I had an idyllic and safe childhood full of wonderful memories. Every child deserves that...

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: December 15, 2011, 08:05:47 PM »

Hi Muffybee!! 
I am glad his attorney is a mo mo.. I just hope it doesn't work in his favor EVER!
I find sex crimes against children especially evil because it robs the little victims of so much and Dr Drew has said that trauma at an early age alters the brain and it's chemistry, leaving the victims forever changed and their innocence lost...
I had an idyllic and safe childhood full of wonderful memories. Every child deserves that...

ITA with you Flamom.  It's good to see you! 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: December 15, 2011, 08:55:27 PM »

http://www.wnep.com/wnep-schultz-and-curley-preliminary-hearing-20111215,0,7055042.story
Schultz and Curley Preliminary Hearing
By Scott Schaffer
December 15, 2011

Former Penn State Athletic Director Tim Curley and the school's Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz were each charged with perjury for allegedly lying to the grand jury and failure to report the alleged abuse by Jerry Sandusky.

Their preliminary hearing is set for Friday morning at the Dauphin County Courthouse in Harrisburg, and the media mob is already descending on the capital city.

We will be in the courtroom for Friday's hearing beginning at 9 a.m.

You can follow Jim Hamill’s tweets from the courthouse: at Jim Hamill, and also on our website at wnep.com.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: December 15, 2011, 08:56:51 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/jimhamill

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: December 15, 2011, 09:41:11 PM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/12/jerry_sandusky_hearing_cost_co.html
Jerry Sandusky hearing cost Centre County, Bellefonte up to $21,700
December 15, 2011

While all expenses are not yet known, including closing the courthouse down for the day, officials have tabulated Bellefonte and Centre County costs at around $21,700 so far. This excludes costs to surrounding municipalities and the state.

According to a Centre Daily Times report, much of the cost was accrued in planning for the media frenzy surrounding the hearing. The biggest expense was wages; for Bellefonte, this meant $4,700 in police and public works overtime.

"Had we not been able to reach out to our neighbors, other local governments, to assist us, our numbers would have been astronomical," Bellefonte manager Ralph Stewart said.

The county estimates its costs at approximately $17,000.

This is only a preview for local authorities of the possible cost of Sandusky's trial.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: December 15, 2011, 09:45:17 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-penn-state-20111216,0,4955537.story
Inconsistency in Mike McQueary's story presents opportunity for Penn State defendants
Former university officials Timothy Curley and Gary Schultz will appear in court Friday on charges of perjury and failure to act after Mike McQueary reported an alleged incident involving former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky and a young boy.

By Peter Hall, Allentown Morning Call
December 15, 2011

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #619 on: December 15, 2011, 09:52:45 PM »

One of the newer additions to Jerry Sandusky's stable of defense attorneys has already managed to stick his foot in his mouth.  I'm starting to wonder if, when the trial is through and if Jerry is found guilty, if he's going to use the excuse he had poor legal representation as the need for a new trial.   scratch With a defense attorney like this, the prosecutor's job is being made easier, imo.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/15/4125899/sandusky-lawyer-shower-comments.html
Sandusky lawyer: shower comments not about client
December 15, 2011

CARLISLE, Pa. -- An attorney for former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky says his recent comments about some children needing instruction on how to shower did not apply to his client's conduct.

Carlisle attorney Karl Rominger said during an interview with WHTM-TV earlier this week that troubled youths sometimes have to be taught basic life skills "like how to put soap on their body."

Rominger said in a statement Thursday that he only was giving a hypothetical example of why a person might shower with an adolescent. He noted he never said Sandusky touched boys in a shower.

Now see, this has me wondering just how many adolescents this atty has 'taught' how to shower?  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.