March 18, 2024, 11:59:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1001312 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #640 on: December 16, 2011, 01:34:23 PM »

At the time I'm posting this article, there are 67 comments.  They must have just let more comments through.  There are now 80.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-mcqueary-testifies-he-believes-he-saw-sandusky-molesting-boy-20111216,0,7436420.story
McQueary: 'Shocked, horrified, not thinking straight'
December 16, 2011

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: December 16, 2011, 01:49:05 PM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/12/focus_of_tim_curley_gary_schul.html
Focus of Tim Curley, Gary Schultz hearing will shift to grand jury testimonies of Curley, Schultz and Joe Paterno
Published: Friday, December 16, 2011, 1:06 PM     Updated: Friday, December 16, 2011, 1:17 PM

District Judge William Wenner has called a recess until 1:45 p.m. in the preliminary hearing for Penn State officials Tim Curley and Gary Schultz.

After the break, the hearing will shift to the grand jury testimonies of Curley, Schultz and former coach Joe Paterno. Court reporter Shannon Manderbach, who transcribed the testimonies of all three individuals, will be on the stand reading from about 90 pages of grand jury testimony.

The bulk of today's hearing is already in the books. McQueary told his story for the first time and stuck to it after coming under fire for telling several different versions of what he saw during a 2002 shower incident between Jerry Sandusky and a young boy. McQueary was the first witness called by the prosecution and was on the stand for about two hours.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: December 16, 2011, 01:55:53 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57344256/mcqueary-act-was-over-so-i-didnt-go-to-cops/
McQueary: "Act was over" so I didn't go to cops
December 16, 2011

CBS/AP)

HARRISBURG, Pa. - Penn State assistant football coach Mike McQueary says he witnessed former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky molesting a boy but that he didn't call police because he was sure "the act was over."

McQueary was testifying Friday at a preliminary evidentiary hearing for two of his superiors at Penn State who are charged with perjury for allegedly lying to a grand jury in an attempt to cover up child sex abuse allegations against another coach, Jerry Sandusky.

Under cross-examination, McQueary answered a question that many observers had asked: Why didn't he call police on Sandusky?
He says it was because it was "delicate in nature" and that he tried to use his best judgment. He says he was "sure the act was over."

He says he later informally raised questions to people he worked with about why Sandusky was still allowed around the football program.
More...

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #643 on: December 16, 2011, 01:58:36 PM »

I just opened the fox news website and saw this heading under Sandusky's pic...
Penn State's McQueary testifies that he believes he saw Sandusky molesting boy, but unsure if it was intercourse

INTERCOURSE??????????????????  Really?????  A sex act with a 10 yr old could NEVER be described as 'intercourse'.  That implies a willing party.  I'm really disappointed in the media.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: December 16, 2011, 02:01:10 PM »

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/12/tim-curley-gary-schultz-penn-state-/1
McQueary testifies he saw Sandusky with boy in shower
By Jessica Durando, USA TODAY
December 16, 2011

::snipping2::
Updated at 12:23 p.m. : Recess until 1:45 p.m. Shannon Manderbach, court reporter, and Anthony Sassan, from Pa. attorney general's office, testified.

Updated 12:04 p.m.: John McQueary is finished with his testimony and we have two more "short witnesses" they say, USA TODAY's Audrey Snyder reports.

Updated 11:59 a.m.: John said he related to Gary Schultz what his son had allegedly witnessed in the shower room involving Sandusky. He said he described Sandusky's behavior, as related by his son, as 'sexual in nature...and that something should be done about it.' -- reports USA TODAY's Kevin Johnson.

"I told him enough that I feel like he got the picture," John said. "I never used the word 'crime.'"

Updated 11:48 a.m.: John says he told Mike to report the incident to his boss, Joe Paterno.

Updated 11:42 a.m.: Mike McQueary's father, John, takes the stand. Harmon finished testifying after 22 minutes.

Updated 11:28 a.m.: Harmon says he felt Gary Schultz would follow up on the 1998 Sandusky incident. Other than Schultz, Harmon didn't talk to anyone else about it.

Updated 11:14 a.m.: Former Penn State police chief Tom Harmon takes the stand. Harmon was employed by Penn State University for 33 years. The McQueary testimony lasted for two hours and eight minutes, USA TODAY's Audrey Snyder reports.

Updated 11:12 a.m.: On why he did not call police on Sandusky, McQueary said it was "delicate in nature" and "I was sure the act was over."

"I would informally raise questions to people around me. I don't think Jerry should be working around here," McQueary said.

Updated 11:02 a.m.: Some details from USA TODAY's Kevin Johnson: Boy described as caucasian, pre-pubescent, 10-12 years-old. McQueary also acknowledged he left the locker room and left the boy with Sandusky. "I was sure the act was over."

Updated 10:59 a.m.: When asked if Sandusky had an erection, McQueary said, "I don't know. I don't look and stare down there."

Updated 10:50 a.m.: Defense attorney Thomas Farrell is now questioning McQueary. McQueary has testified for about an hour and 45 minutes already.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: December 16, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »

Penn State's McQueary testifies that he believes he saw Sandusky molesting boy, but unsure if it was intercourse

INTERCOURSE??????????????????  Really?????  A sex act with a 10 yr old could NEVER be described as 'intercourse'.  That implies a willing party.  I'm really disappointed in the media.

It's child rape imo.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #646 on: December 16, 2011, 02:06:59 PM »

It's child rape imo.
ITA 
It shouldn't be sanitized and devalued.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: December 16, 2011, 02:07:38 PM »

Tweets from Jim Hamill of WNEP at pre-trial hearing for Gary Schulz and Tom Curley.
http://twitter.com/#!/jimhamill

JimHamill Jim Hamill
#Paterno: I did tell Mike, you did what was right I'll refer your concerns to the right people. Talked to Tim Curley via phone. @wnep
1 minute ago
Jim Hamill
JimHamill Jim Hamill
#Paterno grand jury testimony being read into the record. "He had seen a person (#Sandusky) fondling a young boy." @wnep #PSUCharges
3 minutes ago

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #648 on: December 16, 2011, 02:09:37 PM »

IF JP was checking on McQueary's well being in the days following I want to know if he ever once asked after the well being of the child?

AND

IF JP really sat back in his chair and commented that he hated for McQueary to see the incident, then it sure sounds like JP knew what Sandusky was doing when he took those poor kids to the shower room.  Did not one of these men express concern for the boys?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: December 16, 2011, 02:10:48 PM »

IF JP was checking on McQueary's well being in the days following I want to know if he ever once asked after the well being of the child?

AND

IF JP really sat back in his chair and commented that he hated for McQueary to see the incident, then it sure sounds like JP knew what Sandusky was doing when he took those poor kids to the shower room.  Did not one of these men express concern for the boys?

Exactly!!

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #650 on: December 16, 2011, 02:11:39 PM »

It's child rape imo.
ITA 
Quoting myself here....I'm not sure 'devalued' is the correct term I was looking for.  I'm trying to say that rape has a certain definition and calling it something with less victimizing power is a disservice to the victims.  KWIM?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: December 16, 2011, 02:17:58 PM »

Transcripts are supposed to be available at some later time and the Grand Jury docs have been available, but  Jim Hamill of WNEP has been doing a great job of keeping us informed on what's going on in the courtroom with his tweets imo.  Thanks Jim!!

Tweets from Jim Hamill of WNEP at pre-trial hearing for Gary Schulz and Tom Curley.

JimHamill Jim Hamill
Curley: I did not report it to the police because at the time I did not think it was a crime. @wnep #PSUCharges
1 minute ago
Jim Hamill
JimHamill Jim Hamill
Curley: told #Sandusky I did not want him to use PSU workout facilities with children. @wnep
3 minutes ago
Jim Hamill
JimHamill Jim Hamill
Curley: #McQueary did not indicate there was sexual conduct. Still informed Pres Spanier and Second Mile. Told #Sandusky of McQueary's story
4 minutes ago
Jim Hamill
JimHamill Jim Hamill
Curley: informed Pres. Spanier of what we knew. #McQueary related there was horsing around that made him uncomfortable. Did not say sexual.
6 minutes ago
Jim Hamill
JimHamill Jim Hamill
Curley testimony to grand jury: Coach #Paterno called myself and Schultz, and we met with him. Met w/ #MQueary. Decided to report to 2ndmi.
7 minutes ago

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: December 16, 2011, 02:19:09 PM »

It's child rape imo.
ITA 
Quoting myself here....I'm not sure 'devalued' is the correct term I was looking for.  I'm trying to say that rape has a certain definition and calling it something with less victimizing power is a disservice to the victims.  KWIM?

Yes kittymom, I know what you mean and ITA. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: December 16, 2011, 02:36:13 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/sports/paterno-i-didnt-press-1261719.html
Paterno: I didn't press for details on Sandusky
By MARYCLAIRE DALE
The Associated Press
December 16, 2011

HARRISBURG, Pa. — Former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno told a grand jury earlier this year that he was told his ex-assistant Jerry Sandusky had done something of "a sexual nature" with a boy in 2002.
Paterno's testimony was read into the record Friday during a court hearing for two Penn State administrators. The pair are accused of lying to a grand jury.
 ::snipping2::

Paterno says he was told Sandusky had done something inappropriate with a child but that he didn't press McQueary for details because McQueary was very upset.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: December 16, 2011, 03:32:43 PM »

JimHamill Jim Hamill
Judge Wenner: Commonwealth has proven there's enough evidence to bind charges over to court #PSUCharges @wnep -- it means likely trial
10 minutes ago
»
Jim Hamill
JimHamill Jim Hamill
Sorry tweeps, battery too low. Saving juice for outcome of hearing. Full reports starting at 5pm on @wnep #BlackBerryEnergyHog
53 minutes ago
Jim Hamill
JimHamill Jim Hamill
Schultz's grand jury testimony: I consider #McQueary's report of alleged conduct in shower involving #Sandusky and boy as inappropriate.
54 minutes ago

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: December 16, 2011, 03:38:30 PM »

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/judge-finds-probable-cause-for-perjury-charges-curley-schultz-cases-forwarded-for-trial-phase-962922/
Judge Finds Probable Cause for Perjury Charges; Curley, Schultz Cases Forwarded for Trial Phase
December 16, 2011

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #656 on: December 16, 2011, 03:39:12 PM »

Muffy,

Thanks so much for brining info here.   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: December 16, 2011, 03:40:49 PM »

Nate Mink
@MinkNate State College, Pa.
Reporter for StateCollege.com, raised by MLB.com, @PhillyDNSports and @mcall
http://statecollege.com

http://twitter.com/minknate

MinkNate Nate Mink
Judge rules there is probable cause curley and schultz perjured themselves
19 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Commonwealth says defendants tried to mislead the GJ into thinking their actions were appropriate
22 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
That lack of corroboration is heart of Roberto's argument
30 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Roberto argues McQueary downplayed account to Paterno. Sexual intercourse and fondling qualitatively different in meaning.
32 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Roberto making argument perjury has to be more than he said vs. he said
38 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Schultz was on stand for 50 minutes
40 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Schultz doesn't recollect going to Joe's house on Sunday.
46 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Schultz: "wow" when learning there's a 95-page university police report on 1998 incident
46 minutes ago
Cory Giger
CoryGiger Cory Giger
by MinkNate
Schultz in transcript: "I don't recall what McQueary specifically reported" but he had impression it was just "horsing around"
49 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Schultz did not check into 1998 investigation at all following 2002 incident
53 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Schultz said he consulted with Spanier about the incident. Spanier expressed serious concern.
56 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Schultz never met with sandusky about 1998 or 2002 incidents
59 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Schultz said incident only described in general terms, no details
1 hour ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
To clarify: Paterno contacted Curley on on Sunday after incident
1 hour ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Curley was on stand for 39 minutes
1 hour ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Curley met with Paterno; then met with McQueary and Schultz within a week to discuss incident
1 hour ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Curley thought boy was second mile boy and therefore thought it was appropriate to alert second mile
1 hour ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Curley was not aware of other allegations of inappropriate sexual misconduct by Sandusky
1 hour ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Curley met with Sandusky, didn't think crime was committed, didn't file report to police.
1 hour ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Curley said McQ never told him anything sexual was going on in shower
1 hour ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Curley's testimony being read: said he told spanier of incident and second mile
1 hour ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Paterno was on stand (in Jan.) for seven minutes
1 hour ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Paterno didn't tell anybody else because he thought Curley would handle it
1 hour ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Paterno said he didn't call Curley Saturday because he didn't want to interfere with his weekend plans.
1 hour ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Paterno says sandusky was 'fondling' a young boy. It was a sexual nature, not sure what it was
1 hour ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Paterno's up first
1 hour ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Curley, Schultz and Paterno testimony to be read onto the record
1 hour ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
We're set to start here soon for part 2, which likely will include the reading of testimony from Paterno. #PSUCharges
1 hour ago

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: December 16, 2011, 03:44:48 PM »

Muffy,

Thanks so much for brining info here.  

YW Numbersgirl.  The  young victims were failed in so many ways, by so many in power that could and should have come to their aid.  I really wonder just how many victims there are that don't feel they can come forward.  

Edit to add:  One victim is one too many.  How many victims could have been saved if even one of the adults in this stood up?  All of these crimes against the young boys over the years could have been prevented.  JMHO
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:46:49 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: December 16, 2011, 03:50:08 PM »

Here's some more tweets from Nate Mink.  I like to post some of the tweets because they are real time and being sent from the courtroom.  Also, they become a resource to check back with imo.

http://twitter.com/minknate

MinkNate Nate Mink
By the way, counsel won't take questions, we're told.
2 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
There HAS to be a second witness to what McQueary allegedly told Curley
3 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Roberto: nothing happened today the defense didn't expect
4 minutes ago
Nate Bauer
NateBauerBWI Nate Bauer
by MinkNate
Does not expect prosecution to be able to get conviction against either defendant.
18 minutes ago
Nate Bauer
NateBauerBWI Nate Bauer
by MinkNate
Still, says there is no proof of perjury. Defense lawyers not concerned at all right now, he says.
18 minutes ago
Nate Bauer
NateBauerBWI Nate Bauer
by MinkNate
Wes Oliver, law professor at Widener, not surprised it is going to trial, very low threshold met by prosecution.
19 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Media awaits post-hearing presser yfrog.com/ob1owbj
9 minutes ago

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.