March 28, 2024, 04:32:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1002342 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 09:35:24 AM »

I can't believe that students are rioting.  How screwed up is there thinking that they value a freakin' sport over the lives of children.  That could've been one of them assaulted and then ignored.
ITA

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »

I can't believe that students are rioting.  How screwed up is there thinking that they value a freakin' sport over the lives of children.  That could've been one of them assaulted and then ignored.
ITA

Absolutely.  ITA

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 09:44:14 AM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/coach_tom_bradley_to_hold_pres.html
Penn State interim head coach Coach Tom Bradley to hold press conference today at 11 a.m.
Published: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 8:57 AM     Updated: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 9:06 AM

Tom Bradley, the newly appointed head football coach at Penn State, is holding a press conference Thursday at 11 a.m.

It will be the first opportunity for him to address his new job, Joe Paterno's firing, charges against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, and the game Saturday against Nebraska.

The university’s board of trustees appointed Bradley as interim head coach Wednesday night. It had just unanimously fired Paterno, just hours after the 84-year-old football coach announced he would retire at the end of the season. The board also forced out Spanier, the long-term university president, with another unanimous vote.
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 11:12:29 AM »

Important to know this is just a rumor so far 

SHOCKING PENN STATE RUMOR: Jerry Sandusky 'Pimped Out Young Boys To Rich Donors'

"
"I hear a rumor that there will be a shocking development from the Second Miles Foundation ... That Jerry Sandusky and Second Mile were pimping out young boys to rich donors."

Madden claims it's being investigated by "two prominent columnists."
http://www.businessinsider.com/jerry-sandusky-donors-2011-11

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2011, 11:36:03 AM »

SHOCKING PENN STATE RUMOR: Jerry Sandusky 'Pimped Out Young Boys To Rich Donors'

"
"I hear a rumor that there will be a shocking development from the Second Miles Foundation ... That Jerry Sandusky and Second Mile were pimping out young boys to rich donors."

I hope this is only a rumor alagary, but it should definitely be looked into. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2011, 12:07:45 PM »

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20111110_PSU_disturbance_erupted_as_Paterno_appealled_for_calm.html
PSU disturbance erupted as Paterno appealled for calm
Posted November 10, 2011

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2011, 12:38:25 PM »

This article was written by the same person that now leaks the "pimp" rumor. It comes from April of this year and all of it now makes sense. Be sure to read the original comments at the bottom.
Madden: Sandusky a State secret

http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/sports/mark_madden/madden-sandusky-a-state-secret/article_863d3c82-5e6f-11e0-9ae5-001a4bcf6878.html#user-comment-area
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2011, 12:50:01 PM »

"

The rumor makes sense, in view of known facts. 

I'm more than curious about any connections between Second Mile and Ray Gricar.  Gricar's disappearance has remained a mystery for years, and it happened in the middle of all this.

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2011, 12:56:27 PM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/state_college_riots_joe_patern.html
Penn State students roam streets, taunt police after coach Joe Paterno is fired over sex-abuse scandal
Posted November 10, 2011 11:00 a.m., Updated November 10, 2011 12:02 p.m.

The mobs thought they had staked out the high ground. The open street warfare between Penn State students and police – a surge and flee campaign across half a dozen blocks – was entering its third hour.

The students had scored a few victories: They flipped a news van, tore down a few light posts, stomped in the hood of a car. But the police divided them with pepper spray and pushed them down College Avenue.

The students stood on their campus, on the hillside overlooking the street. They stood on College and they backed up McCallister Street. The students taunted the two officers at the edge of the police line they had surrounded.

A guy carrying a cardboard cutout of Joe Paterno ran along the hillside and they yelled for him like the coach was there in flesh and blood.

Someone on the hill hurled a flagstone the size of a youth football that clipped a cop in the shin.

“WE ARE, PENN STATE” boomed the crowds. The police charged up the hill.

A woman on the sidewalk yelled back: “What does that even mean anymore?”

Students took to the streets after a 10 p.m. press conference in which the university Board of Trustees announced that football coach Joe Paterno and President Graham Spanier had been fired in the aftermath of a child sex-abuse scandal involving a former assistant football coach, Jerry Sandusky.
housands of students rushed Old Main. They debated going to the Penn Stater where the Board of Trustees had gathered, but decided it was too far away. So they marched back into the canyon – because that’s the official riot location.

For blocks, they filled Beaver Avenue from storefront to store front. It was warm. Most people were in T-shirts or Penn State jerseys. They might have been drinking, but they weren’t loaded.

At least half were enraged their trustees had fired Paterno. They alternated chanting his name and dropping F-bombs on Sandusky and the trustees. Maybe a quarter of the crowd came to watch. The rest hadn’t decided if they wanted to be a rioter or an ironic spectator.

The students, mostly men, yelled “this place is going to burn” as they worked their way through the crowds, but it was peaceable for an hour.

Time and again, when groups tried to bring down a light pole they were pulled off.  One woman slapped a would-be pole climber in the arm. “Would JoePa want you to do that?” she shouted at him.

The students let the small group of police assembled march through the crowd. Then they reformed and chanted some more.

It wasn’t all about a football coach. If it was, dozens of men wouldn’t have taken two women standing on a car as an invitation to yell “show your (breasts).”

A few people fired Roman candles over the crowd. At least one man threw firecrackers into the middle of his fellow students.

As the TV crews arrived from the trustees announcement and waded into the crowd, more F-bombs were hurled at them – except by the students who fit in the frame. They mugged for the cameras like they were in the front row of Beaver Stadium every single time.

Then something shifted.

A pole came down. More police moved in. For a moment, it seemed everyone was headed back to Old Main to yell at an empty building. They never quite made it.
After students flipped an ABC news truck, they stampeded away from the police as the pepper spray flew for the first time. Then the mob stopped. A few coughing men with swollen red eyes kept retreating. Everyone else, realizing the spray hadn’t gotten to them, surged right back toward the police.

Students held up their cell phones recording video, telling the cops it was all going to wind up on Youtube as evidence of brutality. After one officer was struck by the rock near McAllister Street, and the police charged, the crowd actually chanted “FIRST AMENDMENT.”

After the rocks came plastic bottles. More street signs came down. The windows of another news van got bashed in. The students continued to run through their game day repertoire of songs Block by block, the police pushed them back, and students drifted away, or sprinted back toward campus.

Through the week, the students – especially the crowds that swelled in Paterno’s defense – used one line from Penn State’s alma mater as their rallying cry: “May no act of ours bring shame.”*

You could see it written on one or two signs the students carried into Beaver Canyon Wednesday night, but the masses never got around to yelling that.

The riots really broke up around 1:30 a.m. Thursday. The mob was small enough that every time the police advanced, the students fled for blocks.

The students made their last stand near the corner of College and Heister. Much earlier Wednesday, Michael Pilato was at the same spot, painting Sandusky out of Pilato’s massive mural of Penn State and State College luminaries. In Sandusky’s place, Pilato painted a blue ribbon, to remind everyone of the nine children Sandusky is accused of abusing.

Through the day, support across campus had built for a “Blue Out” at Saturday’s game against Nebraska so the country could see that Penn State stood with the victims. Across town, as the “riot” morphed into a riot, Paterno again asked the students gathered at his house to say a prayer for those children.

No one was mentioned those kids as the police broke the students’ lines. Instead, the men and women in their blue and white T-shirts fled into the night, screaming Paterno’s name.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2011, 01:00:59 PM »

"

I'm more than curious about any connections between Second Mile and Ray Gricar.  Gricar's disappearance has remained a mystery for years, and it happened in the middle of all this.

Did you see the article I posted on Gricar's disappearance in this thread? http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12322.msg1486728#msg1486728
 I read it with great interest, and I think we're going to be hearing more about this in the very near future.  I didn't really know about Gricar's disappearance until I read the article. 

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2011, 01:13:51 PM »

"

Did you see the article I posted on Gricar's disappearance in this thread? http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12322.msg1486728#msg1486728
 I read it with great interest, and I think we're going to be hearing more about this in the very near future.  I didn't really know about Gricar's disappearance until I read the article. 

Yes, I did read it.  I've been going over articles and websites concerning Gricar's disappearance, for several days.  Although I remember much of it, I need to read more.

Looks like Pandora's box has flipped it's lid.

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2011, 01:23:07 PM »

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/11/10/142212570/penn-state-scandal-families-of-alleged-victims-upset-by-protests-jokes
Penn State Scandal: Families Of Alleged Victims Upset By Protests, Jokes
November 10, 2011

With so much attention being given to the firing of football coach Joe Paterno and school President Graham Spanier, as well the long-term impact on the school from the sexual abuse scandal that came to light at Penn State this week, there's a danger of the alleged victims being forgotten.

Harrisburg's Patriot News reminds us that if former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky did indeed sexually abuse at least eight boys over the past decade or so (he denies the charges), there are some young men and their loved ones who are suffering — and that what's happening now is causing them more pain.

The sister of one boy is a junior at the school. She's spoken with the newspaper (which did not identify her to protect her brother's identity). Her brother was 11 when he was allegedly molested by Sandusky in one of the school's showers. She says:

— "I've been going to minimal classes, because every class I go to I get sick to my stomach. People are making jokes about it." Others, she said, have coined the verb "Sanduskied." You can imagine the context.

— The young woman also says that the scenes in State College, Pa., last night of students rioting in the streets because they're angry about Paterno's firing, mean that "if there was any pride left at PSU, it's gone now."

"I've just been really upset about it all," she added, "because a lot of people aren't focusing on the victims in this. And instead they're focusing on other things, like football."

Meanwhile, attorney Ben Andreozzi is advising some of Sandusky's alleged victims and their families. He says the Penn State trustees should have anticipated how students would react to news of Paterno's firing and perhaps held off — allowing the coach to retire at the end of the season instead, as Paterno wished.

Trustees "should have considered these victims watch TV and are aware of the students' reaction and may not want to be associated with the downfall of Mr. Paterno," Andreozzi tells the Patriot-News. "The school instead elected to do what it felt was in its own best interest at the time. Isn't that what put the school in this position in the first place?"
BBM
I still think the board did the right thing and fired Paterno.  To allow him to retire at the end of the season would have been the easy way out, and to me, it would be an affront to the victims.  This is a very serious situation concerning the sexual abuse of children.  Fit throwers and rioters be damned.  The attorney Andreozzi says PS trustees should have anticipated how students would react to news of Paterno's firing and perhaps held off -allowing the coach to retire at the end of the season instead, as Paterno wished.  I guess that means that we should all walk on eggshells and not do anything that might rock the boat for the students, because they might get po'd?  What are they gonna do if JoePa is brought up on charges?  Is this a state university?  Or am I watching what looks like a third world country with a regime change?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »

slogger - I need to research more into the disappearance of Gricar. 

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2011, 01:26:45 PM »

Eastern Pa. is not a good place to be a prosecuter.
http://www.yardbird.com/midnight_ride_another_missing_PA_prosecutor_1.htm
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2011, 01:33:44 PM »

Eastern Pa. is not a good place to be a prosecuter.
http://www.yardbird.com/midnight_ride_another_missing_PA_prosecutor_1.htm

Thanks alagary.  The article has a lot of background and details.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2011, 01:35:37 PM »

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/10/video-and-text-highlights-interim-penn-state-football-coach-tom-bradley-holds-press-conference/
12:15 pm ET November 10, 2011
Video and Text Highlights: Interim Penn State Football Coach Tom Bradley Holds Press Conference
by Happening Now Posted in: Gary Schultz, Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno, Linda Kelly, Penn State, Tim Curley, Tom Bradley 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2011, 01:49:07 PM »

Alright. Why is assistant Mike McQueary still going to coach?  Isn't this the same Mike McQueary that couldn't muster enough guts to stop Joe Sandusky when he saw him sexually abusing a young man in the showers because he was afraid?     For shame! Bradley says "I grieve for the victims", yet he allows one of the witnesses that could have and should have stopped one of the abuse incidents to be on his staff?   

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/penn-state-interim-coach-tom-bradley-replaces-joe-paterno-knew-sex-abuse-charges-article-1.975718
Penn State interim coach Tom Bradley replaces Joe Paterno, says he knew nothing of sex abuse charges
Bradley says assistant Mike McQueary will coach
November 10, 2011

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - Penn State’s interim football coach, Tom Bradley, denied any knowledge of sexual abuse allegations regarding former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky in 1998 and 2002 during his introductory press conference Thursday at Beaver Stadium.

“I grieve for the victims," Bradley said. “I grieve for the families."

Bradley, who played under Joe Paterno as a student athlete, declined to comment on Sandusky or characterize his relationship with the retired coordinator other than to acknowledge working under him. Bradley, who replaced Sandusky in 1999, insisted he had no reservations when he accepted the head job from interim president Rodney Erickson after Paterno was fired by the school’s board of trustees by telephone.

“I take this job with very mixed emotions, due to the situation," Bradley said. “I’ve been asked...to handle this.”

Bradley, the long-time defensive coordinator for the Nittany Lions, assumed leadership for the team as it prepared for Saturday’s noon kickoff against Nebraska.

He said he does not fear for his team’s safety, despite growing outrage over the way Penn State officials handled the sex abuse case, and rioting Thursday night by students who were protesting Paterno’s firing.

“I understood there was some activity last night," said Bradley, who has not slept since becoming head coach, of the student unrest that left shatered lightposts and a satellite truck flipped over. “I do not worry about the safety of our players on Saturday.”

Bradley met with his team captains and coaches at the football program's facility first Wednesday night. He then held a team meeting at 8 a.m. and reinforced his expectations moving forward with three regular season games remaining — the first at home Saturday and the next two on the road at Ohio State and Wisconsin.

Bradley said assistant coach Mike McQueary, who allegedly witnessed Sandusky having anal sex in the locker room showers with a young boy in 2002, is expected to remain on staff despite calls for him to step down. Bradley has not decided whether McQueary will be on the sidelines or in the coaches’ booth above. He called it a “game-time decision.”

“Players play, coaches coach, administrators administrate," Bradley said.

"Players play, coaches coach, administrators administrate," Bradley said.  But aren't all these players, coaches, and administrators at this university fathers, sons, uncles, grandparents and etc. themselves?  Aren't they human beings that should have care and compassion for children?  So, it's just another day at Penn State?  I could say more.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2011, 01:54:28 PM »

Oh, really? "...take care of the kids, take care of the team..."  I assume "kids" are the university students (as in football players) and not the kids that are victims of sexual abuse.  I'm waiting to see who's going to take care of them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/penn-state-interim-coach-tom-bradley-replaces-joe-paterno-knew-sex-abuse-charges-article-1.975718
Bradley fought back emotions when asked to describe Paterno's influence on him.

“Paterno will go down in history as one of the greatest men," Bradley said. “I had the privilege and honor to spend time and work with him."

He expected to speak with his former coach again before the game.

“(Paterno will say) take care of the kids, take care of the team," Bradley said.

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2011, 02:01:09 PM »

Mcqueary was a record setting QB 96-97 that didn't have the balls to stop a then 58 year old man from raping a child. After Sandusky he should be the next one fired.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2011, 02:07:18 PM »

Mcqueary was a record setting QB 96-97 that didn't have the balls to stop a then 58 year old man from raping a child. After Sandusky he should be the next one fired.

Yes.  It looks like PSU needs to do some more house cleaning. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.