March 29, 2024, 07:30:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1002663 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #360 on: November 20, 2011, 12:29:56 AM »

Eyes For Lies has done one too.
http://blog.eyesforlies.com/2011/11/jerry-sanduskys-conversation-with-bob.html
Jerry Sandusky's Conversation with Bob Costa 

NOTE this part...
BC:  Did Joe Paterno at any time ever speak to you directly about your behavior?

Sandusky:  No.

BC:  Never?

BC:  He never asked you what you might have done. 

BC:  He never asked you if you needed help…if you needed counseling.

BC:  Never expressed any disapproval of any kind?

1.       When Sandusky says this, the word “no” is said differently than previous times, and I hear a bit of surprise in his voice suggesting Paterno never did express any disapproval. I found this notable and likely true.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #361 on: November 20, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_162-57322400-10391697/victims-sister-penn-state-students-joke-about-being-sanduskied/
Victim's sister: Penn State students joke about being "Sanduskied"
November 10, 2011

This article is 10 days old, but still...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #362 on: November 20, 2011, 04:34:14 PM »

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/18/8877564-penn-state-case-feds-consider-launching-criminal-inquiry#comments
Penn State case: Feds consider launching criminal inquiry
By Michael Isikoff
November 18, 2011

The Penn State sex abuse scandal may soon become a federal case.

A senior law enforcement source tells NBC News that federal prosecutors and FBI agents in Pennsylvania are now “looking hard” at whether to open up their own investigation because of allegations that former football assistant coach Jerry Sandusky crossed state lines to commit child abuse.

One of the Pennsylvania state charges against Sandusky alleges that he flew one boy – identified as Victim Number Four – to the Outback Bowl in Tampa in 1998 and then again to the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio in 1999. Starting when the boy was about 13 years old, Sandusky “repeatedly” abused him, including at the bowl games, a grand jury report charges. When the boy resisted Sandusky’s advances, the grand jury indictment charges, the football coach threatened “to send him home from the Alamo Bowl.”

The feds are also trying to determine whether Sandusky used the Internet to communicate or even recruit his victims—also grounds for the FBI to become involved. And a New York-based charity, the Fresh Air Fund, confirmed this week that it sent five children to live with Sandusky in the 1970s and one in the mid-1990s.
More...
Video at link.
(Interesting comments)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 04:35:53 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: November 20, 2011, 07:57:31 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/20/opinion/sunday/secret-dread-at-penn-state.html
Secret Dread at Penn State
By Daniel Mendelsohn
November 19, 2011

WHAT if it had been a 10-year-old girl in the Penn State locker room that Friday night in 2002?

The likely answer to that question reveals an ugly truth, one that goes stubbornly undiscussed. Whichever version of Mike McQueary’s story you choose to believe — his grand jury testimony, in which a “distraught” Mr. McQueary, then a graduate assistant to the football team, “left immediately” after witnessing the former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky sodomize a young boy, or the e-mail recently leaked to the press, in which he wrote, “I did stop it, not physically ... but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room” — the mind recoils at the grotesque failure to intervene more forcefully. How could a grown man have left the scene without taking the child with him? Mr. McQueary wants us to imagine that his brain was racing during those “30 to 45 seconds,” that he “had to make tough impacting quick decisions.” But it seems clear he wasn’t thinking at all — and it’s hard not to wonder why.

I think it was the gender of the victim.

Does anyone believe that if a burly graduate student had walked in on a 58-year-old man raping a naked little girl in the shower, he would have left without calling the police and without trying to rescue the girl? But the victim in this case was a boy, and so Mr. McQueary left and called his dad (who didn’t seem to think that it was a matter for the police either).
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: November 20, 2011, 08:07:38 PM »

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2011/1120/Scandal-hurts-Penn-State-as-a-school-and-a-brand
Scandal hurts Penn State as a school and a brand

Part of the immediate fallout from the investigation of child sex abuse at Penn State is economic. Sales of hats, shirts, and other items emblazoned with the Penn State name have plummeted.
November 20, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: November 20, 2011, 09:18:50 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/19/joe-paterno-video-jerry-sandusky-linebacker/
Joe Paterno Linebacker Video KILLED Over Sandusky Appearance
November 19, 2011

A Joe Paterno approved instructional football video has gotten the death sentence from distributors over a segment involving Jerry Sandusky interacting with young boys ... one of whom may have been among the alleged victims.

The video -- titled, "Joe Paterno: Linebackers" -- was released in the late '90s and features Sandusky running a hands on tackling drill with a group of young boys. A screen shot from the video appears above.

According to the infamous grand jury report in the Sandusky case, the person identified as Victim #4 participated in "a video made about linebackers that featured Sandusky."

The name of the video is not mentioned in the testimony, but we can't seem to find any other instructional video about linebackers that features Sandusky.
 ::snipping2::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: November 20, 2011, 09:24:30 PM »

I had seen the SNL skit about Penn State, and  I thought it only a matter of time before South Park featured Penn State.  I was right. 

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/17/south-park-penn-state/
South Park DESTROYS Penn State
November 17, 2011
(Video snip and link to see entire episode in article.)

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2011/11/snl-tackles-evil-penn-state-story/1
'SNL' tackles 'evil' Penn State story
November 14, 2011

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #367 on: November 20, 2011, 09:25:18 PM »

November 19, 2011

A Joe Paterno approved instructional football video has gotten the death sentence from distributors over a segment involving Jerry Sandusky interacting with young boys ... one of whom may have been among the alleged victims.

The video -- titled, "Joe Paterno: Linebackers" -- was released in the late '90s and features Sandusky running a hands on tackling drill with a group of young boys. A screen shot from the video appears above.

According to the infamous grand jury report in the Sandusky case, the person identified as Victim #4 participated in "a video made about linebackers that featured Sandusky."

The name of the video is not mentioned in the testimony, but we can't seem to find any other instructional video about linebackers that features Sandusky.
muffy, I saw this several days ago and just couldn't bring myself to post the link for the video.  The link I had used the very same video shot.  Can you imagine how that poor boy felt having Sandusky's hands on him on tape forever.  I just can't get over the gall of Sandusky.  Or JoePa for that matter.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: November 20, 2011, 09:30:59 PM »

November 19, 2011

muffy, I saw this several days ago and just couldn't bring myself to post the link for the video.  The link I had used the very same video shot.  Can you imagine how that poor boy felt having Sandusky's hands on him on tape forever.  I just can't get over the gall of Sandusky.  Or JoePa for that matter.

I debated posting it too, KittyMom.  And I started to post the SNL skit previously, and removed it.  However, SNL and even South Park sometimes address current events and issues and they both belittled and punched and poked at the Penn State child sex abuse, so I decided to post it.  I don't see it as entertainment but more as making statements. 

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #369 on: November 20, 2011, 09:38:11 PM »

November 19, 2011

[img]http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/11/17/1117-joe-paterno-dvd-3ex.jpg

I debated posting it too, KittyMom.  And I started to post the SNL skit previously, and removed it.  However, SNL and even South Park sometimes address current events and issues and they both belittled and punched and poked at the Penn State child sex abuse, so I decided to post it.  I don't see it as entertainment but more as making statements. 
GMTA - I almost posted the SNL skit too!  I didn't because I thought others might be offended by it. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: November 20, 2011, 09:44:03 PM »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/944668-south-park-penn-state-masters-of-satire-tackle-nittany-lions-scandal
Penn State Scandal: "South Park" Masters of Satire Tackle Nittany Lions' Scandal
By Adam Wells
November 17, 2011
South Park" isn't trying to tell you what to think or feel or what's funny and not funny. It's Matt Stone and Trey Parker's personal critique of the world around them and their way of just seeing all the—for lack of a better word—crap that is going on and wondering what the hell has happened.

This was not meant to be insensitive or cruel to the alleged victims in this scandal. It is a look at how this kind of thing could go on for so long and no one says or does a thing to stop it. At least, that is my take on this episode

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: November 20, 2011, 10:04:35 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/21/us-crime-coach-trustees-idUSTRE7AK06520111121
Penn State trustees panel sets news conference Monday
November 20, 2011

(Reuters) - A special committee formed by Penn State trustees to investigate the university's actions after reports of child sex abuse by a former football coach said it will hold a news conference Monday in connection with its investigation.

The special committee was announced days after the November 5 announcement that former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky was accused by a grand jury of sexually abusing eight young boys over 15 years. Sandusky faces 40 charges.
Trustees named Ken Frazier, president and CEO of Merck, to chair the special committee that was appointed to investigate "the circumstances that gave rise to the grand jury report."

The special committee is expected to be made up of a majority of university trustees, plus faculty, students and alumni.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #372 on: November 20, 2011, 11:00:46 PM »

http://citizensvoice.com/news/abuse-allegations-shadow-sandusky-s-second-mile-son-1.1233652#axzz1eJBWzuAe
Abuse allegations shadow Sandusky's Second Mile son

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: November 21, 2011, 05:52:33 AM »

Jerry Sandusky's 'make-believe world'

By Ann O'Neill and Wayne Drash, CNN
updated 5:48 PM EST, Sun November 20, 2011

(CNN) -- The college football world knew him as the "Dean of Linebacker U," the defensive coach who helped Penn State win two national championships. But Jerry Sandusky saw himself as a "Great Pretender."

It was a name he adopted while performing in a band at his annual summer football camp for children.

"Pretending has always been a part of me," Sandusky, now 67, wrote in his autobiography, "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story," published in 2000. "I've loved trying to do the right things to hopefully make a difference in kids' lives and maybe make things better off for them. I'll never regret being called a 'great' pretender."

Two weeks after prosecutors charged him with sexually molesting eight boys he befriended through his charity, some of Sandusky's friends, fans and former players are wondering: Did the Great Pretender fool us all?

They are combing their memories for missed signs, clues that could have tipped them that the coach they once assumed was Joe Paterno's heir apparent may not have been who they thought he was.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/19/us/sandusky-memoir-profile/index.html?hpt=hp_c1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: November 21, 2011, 08:33:17 AM »

It's about time the proper term "child rape" is starting to be used in  the news articles regarding Jerry Sandusky.  However, the media are still side stepping the headlines.  I'd still like to know why "sexual abuse" and "anal intercourse" are used when it's actually child rape? For an adult male to have "anal intercourse" with a young boy is child rape.  No use guilding lilly.  It's an ugly term for an ugly act.  JMHO

Does anyone believe this?  "Kenneth Frazier, a trustee who is chairing the panel, has said the inquiry will be "rigorous, objective and impartial."

BBM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/21/justice/pennsylvania-penn-state-scandal/?hpt=hp_c1
Panel investigating Penn State allegations to speak Monday
November 21, 2011

(CNN) -- A Penn State trustees' panel tasked with investigating the university's actions after child rape allegations will speak to the media Monday.

The university is at the center of multiple investigations following accusations that former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky sexually abused a boy at a football complex, years before law enforcement was notified.

Joe Paterno, the winningest football coach in Division I history, was fired this month amid outrage over the handling of abuse claims involving Sandusky. Penn State President Graham Spanier also lost his job.

Six days after Sandusky's arrest, the college announced it was creating a special panel to investigate the allegations.
Kenneth Frazier, a trustee who is chairing the panel, has said the inquiry will be "rigorous, objective and impartial."

Pennsylvania's attorney general charged Sandusky, 67, with 40 counts in what authorities say was the sexual abuse of eight young boys over several years. In addition, two Penn State officials are charged with failing to inform police of the allegations.

National anger grew after recent revelations of a graduate assistant's 2002 report that he had seen former Sandusky performing anal sex on a young boy in a football complex shower.

Paterno said that he'd never been told the graphic details revealed in a grand jury report about sex abuse allegations, but that he nevertheless passed the allegations on to his boss. Paterno has said he had done "what I was supposed to do." But in a later statement, he said "with the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."

The NCAA and the U.S. Department of Education are also investigating.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: November 21, 2011, 08:46:39 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/penn-state-scandal-bullying-alleged-sandusky-victim-prompts/story?id=14995900
Penn State Scandal: Bullying of Alleged Victim Prompts Paterno to Speak Out
November 21, 2011

The boy who first came forward to accuse former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky of sexual assault has been harassed so intensely that he had to leave high school, prompting ousted coach Joe Paterno to speak out against bullying.

The mother of the alleged victim, who set off the investigation that has rocked the world of college sports and led to 40 counts of child sexual assault against Sandusky, told ABC News that students at her son's high school blame him for the firing of Paterno, the beloved head coach who oversaw the university's Nittany Lions football team for 46 years.

Speaking exclusively with "Good Morning America," the attorney representing Paterno said that the former coach denounces bullying, and called for respect in the name of the school.

"Coach Paterno strongly condemns harassment or bullying of any kind, and he asks anyone who truly cares about Penn State to conduct themselves honorably and with respect for others," attorney J. Sedgwick Sollers told ABC News.

Paterno had previously called for a prayer for the victims of abuse in the wake of the scandal breaking. He hasn't spoken publically since his ouster from the school and is reportedly battling lung cancer.
Psychologist Mike Gillum has been counseling the unnamed young man, who is referred to as Victim 1 in the Sandusky case grand jury report, for the past three years while the case was being investigated. He said that scorn and bullying can be a major concern for victims of abuse.
Victim 1, who according to his testimony was 11 or 12 years old when he was first sexually abused by the 67-year-old former defensive coach, has been accused of changing his story as the case evolved. Sandusky's defense attorney has already publically said he's going to go after the credibility of the boy's story based on the fact that his statements escalated.

But Gillum says that victims of abuse often take time to reveal the full details of what happened.

"The level of humiliation, the level of insight into how deviant what's occurred is, means that they're not going to reveal that until they really feel comfortable," he said. "And that may take months, that might take a year or two."

According to the grand jury report, Victim 1 suffered sexual abuse while he would stay overnight at Sandusky's home, in a bedroom in the coach's finished basement, and at least once in his school gymnasium, where Sandusky would volunteer. The boy originally met Sandusky through The Second Mile program for at-risk youth, which was founded by the coach.

Regardless of the bullying he has experienced at school and the intimidation of facing Sandusky and his defense attorney, the boy is ready to have his day in court.

"He knows what happened … he knows how he was treated," Gillum said. "And he's willing to say that in a court of law without hesitation.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #376 on: November 21, 2011, 09:45:42 AM »

It's about time the proper term "child rape" is starting to be used in  the news articles regarding Jerry Sandusky.  However, the media are still side stepping the headlines.  I'd still like to know why "sexual abuse" and "anal intercourse" are used when it's actually child rape? For an adult male to have "anal intercourse" with a young boy is child rape.  No use guilding lilly.  It's an ugly term for an ugly act.  JMHO

Does anyone believe this?  "Kenneth Frazier, a trustee who is chairing the panel, has said the inquiry will be "rigorous, objective and impartial."

BBM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/21/justice/pennsylvania-penn-state-scandal/?hpt=hp_c1
Panel investigating Penn State allegations to speak Monday
November 21, 2011

(CNN) -- A Penn State trustees' panel tasked with investigating the university's actions after child rape allegations will speak to the media Monday.

The university is at the center of multiple investigations following accusations that former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky sexually abused a boy at a football complex, years before law enforcement was notified.

Joe Paterno, the winningest football coach in Division I history, was fired this month amid outrage over the handling of abuse claims involving Sandusky. Penn State President Graham Spanier also lost his job.

Six days after Sandusky's arrest, the college announced it was creating a special panel to investigate the allegations.
Kenneth Frazier, a trustee who is chairing the panel, has said the inquiry will be "rigorous, objective and impartial."

Pennsylvania's attorney general charged Sandusky, 67, with 40 counts in what authorities say was the sexual abuse of eight young boys over several years. In addition, two Penn State officials are charged with failing to inform police of the allegations.

National anger grew after recent revelations of a graduate assistant's 2002 report that he had seen former Sandusky performing anal sex on a young boy in a football complex shower.

Paterno said that he'd never been told the graphic details revealed in a grand jury report about sex abuse allegations, but that he nevertheless passed the allegations on to his boss. Paterno has said he had done "what I was supposed to do." But in a later statement, he said "with the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."

The NCAA and the U.S. Department of Education are also investigating.
This sanitized way of describing the crime is just another injustice against the victims.  When the words used to describe a crime are scrubbed of the horror, hurt, and abuse, then somehow people accept that what happened wasn't as bad as the victim claims.  IMO, its something that defense attys love.  They can make use of this 'neutral' speak.  If 'child rape' were used by media, the attys would be screaming in a courtroom. 

Until the public is made to see crime for the ugly it really is, we'll continue to see injustice in the courtrooms.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #377 on: November 21, 2011, 09:48:10 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/penn-state-scandal-bullying-alleged-sandusky-victim-prompts/story?id=14995900
Penn State Scandal: Bullying of Alleged Victim Prompts Paterno to Speak Out
November 21, 2011

The boy who first came forward to accuse former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky of sexual assault has been harassed so intensely that he had to leave high school, prompting ousted coach Joe Paterno to speak out against bullying.

Respectfully snipped  ::snipping2::

According to the grand jury report, Victim 1 suffered sexual abuse while he would stay overnight at Sandusky's home, in a bedroom in the coach's finished basement, and at least once in his school gymnasium, where Sandusky would volunteer. The boy originally met Sandusky through The Second Mile program for at-risk youth, which was founded by the coach.

Regardless of the bullying he has experienced at school and the intimidation of facing Sandusky and his defense attorney, the boy is ready to have his day in court.

"He knows what happened … he knows how he was treated," Gillum said. "And he's willing to say that in a court of law without hesitation.

Penn State should be made to pay for this young man to be placed in a private school and intense counseling.  Sadly, they'll pay something, but it will be years down the road.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: November 21, 2011, 07:10:41 PM »

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/corbett-explains-his-actions-as-ag-on-sandusky-case-1.1235544
Corbett explains his actions as AG on Sandusky case
November 21, 2011

HARRISBURG - Gov. Tom Corbett said Monday he would have risked revealing the path of a state grand jury investigation had he pressed officials to take away campus privileges extended to former Pennsylvania State University assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky before child sex-abuse charges against him were filed.

"It would reveal where we were going in the grand jury investigation," Mr. Corbett added.

Speaking before the Pennsylvania Press Club, Mr. Corbett also said filing criminal sex-abuse charges against Mr. Sandusky based on just one incident before the grand jury report was ready could have backfired legally. He said investigators have found that in cases of alleged pedophilia it's important to establish a pattern of abuse because one is usually there.

"The one thing you do not want to do ... is go on one case in the very beginning," Mr. Corbett said. "You want to show the constant course of action. You want to build the best possible case you can."

If a defendant is acquitted on just one charge, it would be more difficult for prosecutors to file more charges based on other cases because of a suspicion they were being vindictive, he said.
More...
(Interesting comments)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: November 21, 2011, 07:17:07 PM »

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/213974/166/Rock-Center-More-on-Penn-State-tonight
'Rock Center': More on Penn State tonight
November 19, 2011
Written by
Michael King

WXIA) -- Tonight on Rock Center with Brian Williams, Bob Costas will update the situation on Penn State's campus a week after his interview with ex-coach Jerry Sandusky, who is accused of sexually abusing boys.

The program will include the first detailed child's-eye view of life inside Sandusky's inner circle. Frankie Probst, now 24, was just 10 when he met Sandusky through the Second Mile charity. Probst says Sandusky became almost a surrogate father to him over six years of very close contact.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.