March 28, 2024, 02:00:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1002286 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #660 on: December 16, 2011, 03:56:59 PM »

http://twitter.com/minknate
MinkNate Nate Mink
Didn't take questions because this was the first time for discovery. And preliminary hearing limits probe of questioning
4 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Farrell is an Italian from Brooklyn, too. Go figure.
4 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
I submit to you under facts of case, curley will be acquitted and we look forward to trial - Roberto
8 minutes ago

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #661 on: December 16, 2011, 04:00:42 PM »

ITA, Muffy.  I've been trying to research and follow along at Blink's.  It's unbelievable how many are/could be involved and for how many years.  I don't have words for how disgusted I am.  I wish I knew how to help.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: December 16, 2011, 04:06:06 PM »

MinkNate Nate Mink
If there are inconsistencies with mcqueary's account, he'll have to answer to those #PSUCharges
1 minute ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Costanzo would not say if he asked why mcqueary didn't go into shower and break it up
2 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Prosecution said they haven't identified boy in shower in 2002
4 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Constanzo said he hopes to get more testimony from Paterno. . . Any means possible
5 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
Costanzo said perjury is not some mystical crime. Wouldn't say if McQueary should've called police
6 minutes ago

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: December 16, 2011, 04:07:15 PM »

MinkNate Nate Mink
Press conference over. Testimony transcripts should be available in 3-5 days.
54 seconds ago

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: December 16, 2011, 04:14:30 PM »

ITA, Muffy.  I've been trying to research and follow along at Blink's.  It's unbelievable how many are/could be involved and for how many years.  I don't have words for how disgusted I am. I wish I knew how to help.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: December 16, 2011, 04:19:32 PM »

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/charges-against-schultz-curley-bound-over-for-trial-963346/
Charges against Schultz, Curley Bound over for Trial
by Adam Smeltz Nate Mink
December 16, 2011

Perjury and failure-to-report charges against longtime Penn State administrators Tim Curley and Gary Schultz were bound over for trial Friday, capping preliminary hearings that ran more than four hours in Harrisburg.

District Judge William Wenner ruled there is enough evidence to send the men's cases to trial. He heard from five witnesses -- including assistant Penn State football Coach Mike McQueary and former university police official Thomas Harmon -- before rendering his decision.

Wenner also heard readings of earlier grand-jury testimony provided by Curley, Schultz and former football Coach Joe Paterno.

Curley and Schultz are accused of helping to cover up concerns about alleged sexual abuse by Jerry Sandusky, a former assistant football coach at the Penn State. They also are accused of lying to the grand jury that's investigating the claims against Sandusky.

Lawyers for Curley, Schultz and Sandusky have said repeatedly that their clients are innocent. In court on Friday, lawyers for Schultz and Curley -- Thomas Farrell and Caroline Roberto, respectively -- said there's insufficient evidence against their clients.

Curley and Schultz, in grand-jury testimony, indicated they were not aware of the severity of the allegations against Sandusky.

But McQueary, in his testimony Friday morning, said that he reported -- directly up the chain of command -- that he observed a sexually charged incident involving Sandusky and a young boy in the Lasch football complex.
 ::snipping2::
In issuing his decision Friday, Wenner set bail for Curley and Schultz at the same level where it's been since early November, when the charges against them were filed. That's $75,000 -- unsecured -- apiece. Curley and Schultz also have been required to give up their passports.

Sandusky, charged with 52 criminal counts, waived his preliminary hearing on Tuesday in Bellefonte. The hearings for Curley and Schultz were held in Dauphin County because that's where they are alleged to have perjured themselves.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: December 16, 2011, 05:07:05 PM »

It looks like at least some of the media has stopped pussy footing around the subject and are calling it what it is.  JMHO 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16228254
Penn State coach Mike McQueary saw Sandusky 'raping boy'
December 16, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: December 17, 2011, 09:19:41 AM »

The young boys were failed in so many ways by so many.  

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/pa-deputy-attorney-general-sad-day-given-inaction-at-psu-after-report-of-child-sex-assault/2011/12/17/gIQADXWxzO_story.html
Pa. deputy attorney general: ‘Sad day’ given inaction at PSU after report of child sex-assault
December 17, 2011

HARRISBURG, Pa. — A graduate student waited a day after allegedly seeing a child being sexually assaulted on Penn State’s campus before telling his supervisor, football coach Joe Paterno.

Paterno waited another day before calling the university’s athletic director, who looped in a school vice president. “It was a Saturday morning and I didn’t want to interfere with their weekends,” Paterno told a grand jury this year, recalling the unusual visit from graduate assistant Mike McQueary. Heaven forbid something like the reporting of a child being raped in the university showers  get in the way of everyone's "me" time on the weekend.
McQueary said he had seen former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky doing something “extremely sexual” with a young boy in a locker room shower.
Curly and Schultz waited another 10 days before meeting with McQueary to get more facts. Instead of calling police, they talked to two people: Sandusky and the executive director of his children’s charity.  First, they waited 10 days to get more facts from McQueary?  And THEN they talk to Sandusky and the Second Mile Exec. Director?  They had a real problem on their hands and they knew it. CYA imo.

“I think it’s a sad, sad, sad day, when you think about all of these victims, and you saw the inaction by a number of supposedly important, responsible adults. And there’s a lot of inaction in this case,” Marc Costanzo, a senior deputy attorney general, said after the preliminary hearing.
Defense lawyers argued that McQueary “minimized” the alleged sexual assault when he talked to Paterno, ultimately leading their clients to believe that Sandusky’s behavior was “inappropriate,” but not criminal.

They say McQueary never relayed the seriousness of what he saw, leading them to think Sandusky was merely “horsing around.”

“I didn’t see any reason because I didn’t think at the time it was a crime,” Curley told the grand jury, according to testimony read into the record on Friday.  I find this really, really hard to believe.  
In about two hours on the witness stand, McQueary said again and again that what he saw was a sexual act, although he stopped short of saying he was sure that Sandusky, now 67, had raped the boy.

“I believe Jerry was sexually molesting him and having some type of sexual intercourse with him,” McQueary said on Friday. He said later he “can’t say 100 percent” that Sandusky and the boy were having intercourse because he was seeing Sandusky from behind.

He said after talking to his father, he went over to Paterno’s home the next morning and said that what he had seen “was way over the lines, it was extremely sexual in nature.” He said he would not have used words like sodomy or intercourse with Paterno, out of respect for the coach. Give me a break!  These are grown men, and this is about a child rape. Did Mike McQueary  genuflect in the presence of Joe Paterno?  
Paterno told the grand jury that McQueary said he saw Sandusky doing something of a “sexual nature” with the youngster but that he didn’t press for details.

“I didn’t push Mike ... because he was very upset,” Paterno said. “I knew Mike was upset, and I knew some kind of inappropriate action was being taken by Jerry Sandusky with a youngster.”
Oh heaven forbid, we don't want to upset Mikey.  Let's not ask questions to get to the truth about something as serious as a child being raped on campus.  (sarcasm)  Coupled along with Paterno not contacting the athletic director right away because he didn't want to interfere with his weekend, add that Mike McQueary couldn't use words like "intercourse" with Joe Paterno and you have a bunch of well, I don't know what to call them.  These are MEN at a university of higher learning who's jobs are to educate young men and women.  
McQueary said he was left with the impression both men took his report seriously. When asked why he didn’t go to police, he referenced Schultz’s position as a vice president at the university who had overseen the campus police And Schultz didn't think what he was told occured in the shower was a crime.  All he had to do was pick up the phone and make a call to the campus police and ask.  Or any police department for that matter.

“I thought I was talking to the head of the police, to be frank with you,” he said. “In my mind it was like speaking to a (district attorney). It was someone who police reported to and would know what to do with it.”

I don't believe these men are as stupid as they are coming across as.  I think it's a lot of CYA and covering for PSU football, with the football program taking presidence.  The ones involved in this wanted it to go away and not interfere with life as they were living it at Happy Valley. It was a hot potato.    JMHO

« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:42:06 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: December 17, 2011, 09:49:28 AM »

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11350/1197337-100-0.stm
Paterno testified Sandusky allegation left him with dilemma
By Jon Schmitz, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
December 16, 2011

Cops not told of earlier allegation

Thomas Harmon, a former director of Penn State's university police, was the day's second witness. He testified he had told Mr. Schultz, his direct supervisor, of a 1998 incident that involved Mr. Sandusky and another boy in a shower.

Although they met frequently, Mr. Schultz did not tell him about Mr. McQueary's allegations, Mr. Harmon testified.

Under questioning from Mr. Farrell, Mr. Harmon testified that Mr. Schultz was not sworn law-enforcement personnel and handled mostly finance.

Mr. Harmon testified on cross-examination that the investigation in to the 1998 report concluded without charges filed because no one could establish a crime had occurred.

According to Mr. Schultz's grand jury testimony read aloud this afternoon, he left it to others to check out the allegations.

"I wasn't doing an investigation," Mr. Schultz told the grand jury.

He did not know which agency did investigate, thinking it was Children & Youth Services when university police prepared a 95-page report on the case.

John McQueary, Mr. McQueary's father, followed Mr. Harmon to the stand.

When his son called, his voice was quivering. He sounded scared. He said he told his son to report what he'd seen directly to Mr. Paterno.

He said he met with Mr. Schultz himself, telling him what his son saw in the locker room and reinforcing that it was sexual. Mr. Schultz responded that he was aware of the allegation and that there had been earlier "noise" about Mr. Sandusky -- but nothing investigators could "sink their teeth into," the elder Mr. McQueary testified.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: December 17, 2011, 10:25:33 AM »

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2011/12/17/espn_hopes_braud_dodd_stories_turn_tide/
ESPN hopes Braud, Dodd stories turn tide
By David Bauder
AP Television Writer / December 17, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: December 17, 2011, 10:31:48 AM »

MinkNate Nate Mink
An entire practice of #PennState football will be open to the media. Yes, this is qualifies as news.
57 minutes ago
Nate Mink
MinkNate Nate Mink
In case you missed it, McQueary left out explicit details when telling Joe Paterno what he saw in a 2002 incident: bit.ly/tKzHgZ
1 hour ago

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: December 17, 2011, 10:50:21 AM »

Muffy,I thought you might want this. 

The Case Of The Missing D.A. 12/16/2011
What happened to Ray Gricar?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: December 17, 2011, 11:44:10 AM »

Muffy,I thought you might want this. 

The Case Of The Missing D.A. 12/16/2011
What happened to Ray Gricar?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/

Thank you Trimmy!  For those that want to look closer into Ray Gricar's case, there's a thread in Missing Persons.  I opened the thread in MP to facilitate information/articles and comments about Ray's case.  Otherwise, I fear it could become buried in this thread.  I think it would be a good idea to post updates on Ray's thread in this thread from time to time, though.

Former DA Ray Gricar Reported Missing 4/16/05 - Sandusky Probe Raises Questions
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12469.0

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: December 17, 2011, 01:21:06 PM »

PennLive Tweets from December 16, 2011 Schultz - Curley pretrial hearing.

http://twitter.com/pennlive

pennlive PennLive.com
The Schultz-Curley hearing is over but our live coverage is ongoing - press conference - bit.ly/s3Lp2G
21 hours ago
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
Arguments up now at Curley-Schultz hearing - bit.ly/s3Lp2G
21 hours ago
pennlive PennLive.com
Joe Paterno's grand jury testimony - bit.ly/t57Av9
22 hours ago
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
Transcripts are being read now at the hearing. Follow @PatriotNews -http://bit.ly/s3Lp2G
22 hours ago
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
Follow @PatriotNews for live coverage as the Curley-Schultz hearing continues - bit.ly/s3Lp2G
23 hours ago
The Patriot-News
PatriotNews The Patriot-News
by pennlive
Curley and Schultz are back in courtroom. Court about to reconvene. #psucharges
23 hours ago
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
Recap of this morning's testimonys + what this afternoon will bring - bit.ly/rKhK6f
23 hours ago
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
We will pick up live coverage again @PatriotNews when proceedings begin again at 1:45 bit.ly/s3Lp2G
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
Attorney General Agent Anthony Sassano last witness to take stand. #psu charges
16 Dec
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
Mike McQueary's father's testimony - bit.ly/rLTs7D
16 Dec
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
RT @sganim: Agent Sassano on the stand, as fifth witness. @PatriotNews bit.ly/s3Lp2G
16 Dec
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
RT @sganim: 4th witness: Shannon Manderbach, court reporter who transcribed testimony of Curley, Schultz on Jan. 12. bit.ly/s3Lp2G
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
"I'm now in the position to say Gary Schultz did nothing about it," John said.
16 Dec
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
Get a recap of police officer Tom Harmon's testimony during the Curley, Schultz hearing bit.ly/u18ihE @patriotnews #psuscandal
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
Curley watches proceedings intently. Schultz looks sad, dejected, stares into space. #schultz
16 Dec
Sara Ganim
sganim Sara Ganim
by pennlive
Judge isn't allowing testimony about conversation b/w McQueary and Dr. Dranov
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
John: Schultz said they were never able to get something on Sandusky they could sink their teeth into. regarding other incidents. #Schultz
16 Dec
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
View a Twitter timeline of McQueary's testimony - bit.ly/vJsA6l
16 Dec
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
RT @sganim: McQueary's dad, John, takes the stand as the third witness. bit.ly/s3Lp2G
16 Dec
Sara Ganim
sganim Sara Ganim
by pennlive
Tom Harmon is done testifying after about 20 minutes
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
Harmon said he never received a report of other similar incidents, and no reason to believe dept. did. #psucharges
16 Dec
Sara Ganim
sganim Sara Ganim
by pennlive
Harmon was police chief at the time this incident supposedly happened.
16 Dec
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
Penn State Police Officer Thomas Harmon has taken the stand @PatriotNews bit.ly/s3Lp2G
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
PSU Police Officer Thomas Harmon called to stand. Harmon also served as director of university police from 1998-2002. #psucharges
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
McQueary: Schultz and Curley never told me they tried to contact the police. McQueary done, he is leaving courtroom. #mcqueary
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
Why would you not report incident to police, Farrell asks. McQueary: "Because it was delicate in nature." #mcqueary
16 Dec
Sara Ganim
sganim Sara Ganim
by pennlive
McQueary says yes when asked if he left the boy naked in the shower with #Sandusky
16 Dec
Sara Ganim
sganim Sara Ganim
by pennlive
mid-morning update: pennlive.com/midstate/index…
16 Dec
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
RT @PatriotNews: Schultz's attorney now questioning McQueary. #Schultz bit.ly/s3Lp2G
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
State objects to questioning McQueary about Dranov's advice, saying it is irrelevant. Judge sustains objection. #psu charges
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
"somewhat blank, kind of a blank expression," McQueary said of Sandusky's face when he caught him in act. #sandusky
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
McQueary: Four or five seconds elapsed between viewing incident in mirror and taking closer look. #mcqueary
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
"I wasn't sure what to think. Iwasn't even sure I was seeing what I was seeing," McQueary tells Curley's attorney. #curley
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
McQueary confirms to Roberto that he saw the boy's face. #mcqueary
16 Dec
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
@PatriotNews Curley's lawyer having McQueary going over witness account in extreme detail bit.ly/s3Lp2G
16 Dec
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
Curley's lawyer Caroline Roberto questioning McQueary now - bit.ly/s3Lp2G @patriotnews @sganim #psuscandal
16 Dec
Kiersten Mathieu
KierstenFox43 Kiersten Mathieu
by pennlive
#McQueary "Jerry was 2nd Mile. It was his pride and joy."
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
"I'm relatively sure it was 2002, it was a Friday night before spring break," McQueary said. #mcqueary
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
Curley's lawyer Caroline Roberto to question McQueary now.
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
McQueary: Curley never talked about it with him again. Curley and Schults never said don't discuss matter with others.
16 Dec
Sara Ganim
sganim Sara Ganim
by pennlive
"There was never a period of time after that incident where i saw jerry with any kids at all around our facility"
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
"They said they would investigate it and look into it closely," McQueary said of Curley and Schultz. #PSUcharges
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
McQueary said he was not told that police had previously investigated prior sandusky incidents. #McQueary
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
McQueary says AD Tim Curley contacted him next. #PSUcharges
16 Dec
Sara Ganim
sganim Sara Ganim
by pennlive
Paterno told McQueary he had to talk to others.
16 Dec
Sara Ganim
sganim Sara Ganim
by pennlive
He told paterno: "i saw jerry with a young boy in the shower/that it was way over the lines and extremely sexual in nature
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
"I know they saw me. They looked directly in my eyes," McQueary said.
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
McQueary: "I believe Jerry was sexually molesting him and having some type of intercourse with him."
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
McQueary saw in a 45 degree mirror image Jerry Sandusky, "shocking and surprisingly saw Jerry in the shower with a boy."
16 Dec
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
McQueary is on the stand. Catch all the latest updates @PatriotNews and @Sganim or bit.ly/s3Lp2G
16 Dec
The Patriot-News
by pennlive
McQueary gives background on college and coaching career.
16 Dec
Sara Ganim
sganim Sara Ganim
by pennlive
Schultz/Curley #PSU hearing about to start. Live tweets via @PatriotNews and major updates from me.
16 Dec
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
@afashionfan @KierstenFox43 @userb3 Thanks for the RTs!
16 Dec
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
Curley and Schlutz arrival at the Dauphin County Courthouse - bit.ly/rUWx6k
16 Dec
»
PennLive.com
pennlive PennLive.com
McQueary arrives at the Dauphin Co. courthouse - bit.ly/vFoeo0
16 Dec

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: December 17, 2011, 05:54:55 PM »

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/556319/PSU-brass-turned-back-on-McQueary.html?nav=746
PSU brass turned back on McQueary
By Neil Rudel (nrudel@altoonamirror.com) , The Altoona Mirror
December 17, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: December 17, 2011, 10:03:38 PM »

http://www.khou.com/news/Killing-of-bin-Laden-voted-top-news-story-of-2011-135791848.html
Killing of bin Laden voted top news story of 2011
December 17, 2011

NEW YORK -- The killing of Osama bin Laden during a raid by Navy SEALs on his hideout in Pakistan was the top news story of 2011, followed by Japan’s earthquake/tsunami/meltdown disaster, according to The Associated Press’ annual poll of U.S. editors and news directors.
(PSU Sex Abuse Scandal was #6 out of 10 top news stories)
PENN STATE SEX ABUSE SCANDAL: One of America’s most storied college football programs was tarnished in a scandal that prompted the firing of Hall of Fame football coach Joe Paterno. One of his former assistants, Jerry Sandusky, was accused of sexually molesting 10 boys; two senior Penn State officials were charged with perjury; and the longtime president was ousted. Paterno wasn’t charged, but expressed regret he didn’t do more after being told there was a problem.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: December 18, 2011, 11:18:42 AM »

http://**/psu/ci_19563181
Mike Argento: Joe Amendola and the court of public opinion
MIKE ARGENTO
December 16, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: December 18, 2011, 11:23:26 AM »

Thank you, Andrew Rosenthal!  What about the boys? At the time I'm posting the link below, there are 42 comments.

http://loyalopposition.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/16/what-about-the-boys/
What About the Boys?
By ANDREW ROSENTHAL
December 16, 2011

Does anyone involved in this horrible story care at all about those boys? Even a little tiny bit?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: December 18, 2011, 11:37:58 AM »

Opposing views on Joe Paterno.  Or is it somewhere in between? 

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/the_intelligencer_news/opinion/an-unfair-ending-for-joe-paterno/article_c4b670bf-0453-5e99-9dc8-5b28cc144029.html
An unfair ending for Joe Paterno
Henry R. Taylor
Abington Township
December 18, 2011

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/joe-paterno-footsteps-cardinal-bernard-law-penn-state-sex-abuse-scandal-article-1.993277?localLinksEnabled=false
Joe Paterno follows footsteps of Cardinal Bernard Law in Penn State sexual abuse case
Powerful men put institutions before child safety

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
December 18, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: December 18, 2011, 12:06:16 PM »

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11352/1197680-454.stm
Retired detective describes 1998 Sandusky investigation
Believed charges warranted in case

By Paula Reed Ward, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
December 18, 2011

Retired University Park Detective Ronald Schreffler believed he had enough evidence in 1998 to charge then-Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky with something after the man admitted to a boy's mother to showering naked with her son.

"At the very minimum, there was enough evidence for some charges, like corruption of minors," Mr. Schreffler said on Wednesday, the day after Mr. Sandusky chose to waive his preliminary hearing on 52 counts that accuse him of molesting 10 boys over the last several years.

Instead, then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar told Mr. Schreffler he could not file charges. The detective said Mr. Gricar gave no explanation.

"You don't question Ray," Mr. Schreffler said, calling him the best prosecutor he'd ever worked with. "Ray was not a person to be intimidated. If he didn't feel the elements were there ..."

At the time, Mr. Gricar spoke to Mr. Schreffler's police chief, Tom Harmon, and that was it.

"'Gricar said there wasn't enough to charge, and he said to close the case,'" Mr. Schreffler recounted.

And that was it.
More...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.